Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
almost but not quite the good old days would also include a neat little poster of the game character to like Nintendo and sega used to do with the genesis and nes systems
I remember when EA used to include posters of the team rosters and stats with their hockey games. Those were the good old days

almost but not quite the good old days would also include a neat little poster of the game character to like Nintendo and sega used to do with the genesis and nes systems
Oh I'm familiar. I can recall hanging up my Chrono Trigger poster when I opened up my new copy that I had just bought from Target way back when. But knowing that it sells in the thousands in the present, on second thought I just cry thinking about that now lol.

Received my Shadow of Mordor cert (exactly at 15 days, but whatever), but still no Forza Horizon 2 XBL gift cert.  I'm not sure how to go about contacting BB for this since it's not "reward points."  

Has anyone gotten their $10 XBL code yet?

Received my Shadow of Mordor cert (exactly at 15 days, but whatever), but still no Forza Horizon 2 XBL gift cert. I'm not sure how to go about contacting BB for this since it's not "reward points."

Yeah i got my code on the 9th, so basically a week ago.

Received my Shadow of Mordor cert (exactly at 15 days, but whatever), but still no Forza Horizon 2 XBL gift cert. I'm not sure how to go about contacting BB for this since it's not "reward points."

I received my $10 Forza XBL code a few days ago.

Oh I'm familiar. I can recall hanging up my Chrono Trigger poster when I opened up my new copy that I had just bought from Target way back when. But knowing that it sells in the thousands in the present, on second thought I just cry thinking about that now lol.
It came with not one, but two posters.

Well my transaction for Mordor just posted and still no bonus. I guess I'll wait it out another 5 days before I contact customer service.

Out of curiosity does paying a game in full with a GC affect the 500 point bonus since you get 0 points for the entire transaction?

I know if you pay by GC you don't get points for it, but does it still count towards Elite status right?  

Also tried buying a Visa GC at bestbuy and paying with the $100 Amex cards that i got from walmart and was denied.  She said i can only use cash or credit card.  Is this true?

I know if you pay by GC you don't get points for it, but does it still count towards Elite status right?

Also tried buying a Visa GC at bestbuy and paying with the $100 Amex cards that i got from walmart and was denied. She said i can only use cash or credit card. Is this true?
no purchases paid in gift card does not count toward elite status

Well my transaction for Mordor just posted and still no bonus. I guess I'll wait it out another 5 days before I contact customer service.

Out of curiosity does paying a game in full with a GC affect the 500 point bonus since you get 0 points for the entire transaction?
I paid for Shadow with a GC and I didnt get my points either. I just called them and I was able to get the 500 points added to my account.

Really? Pretty sure they're the only reason I got to Elite this year....
nope that why my status isn't as high as usual this year since all my purchases in the past 5 months been paid by gift cards completely. The only reason my elite status is where it at now is most through trade ins since trades count toward elite status

nope that why my status isn't as high as usual this year since all my purchases in the past 5 months been paid by gift cards completely. The only reason my elite status is where it at now is most through trade ins since trades count toward elite status
Wait...trades count toward Elite? I guess it sort of makes sense. Your basically purchasing a BB gift card, with games as a payment.

Well I thought it was the same number as Elite Plus so here's the number on the card. Looks like they took the numbers off the website so only card holders know who to  call...

1-866-797-7367

And I'm stupid. It was listed in the app lol

Great. I called to add the 500 points and they said ok and I looked and they wiped all my points now I have to wait a week for it to get all fixed

I didn't get my pre-order points for Shadow of Mordor either, even though the normal purchase points already showed up.  I called them and they told me to wait until the 21st.  If it is still not there, then call back.  :/

The rule is 20 days at most but I do it after it clears. I've never personally had them show up after the purchase has cleared but I'm sure others have

ahh, cool. For some reason, i keep thinking it's 15 days after pick-up. Thanks for info, Deader!
it is 15 days per the fine print of the program but some the mods say 20 days just to cover there ass.

Points will post to your account approximately 15 days from time of pickup or shipment. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/My-Best-Buy-Get-10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002&DCMP=rdr110323&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-xgjinmjwkNntOSso.70yug it states it on the bottom of the preorder link

it is 15 days per the fine print of the program but some the mods say 20 days just to cover there ass.

Points will post to your account approximately 15 days from time of pickup or shipment. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/My-Best-Buy-Get-10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002&DCMP=rdr110323&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-xgjinmjwkNntOSso.70yug it states it on the bottom of the preorder link
Yeh they aren't wrong as the approximation phrase. Mods have used 20 days as they have been told that that would cover weekends and possible down time also holidays etc). While they should still" process" during these times there should be no reason it goes past 20 days.

So yes it's covering their butt, but for an actual reason.

Just signed up for the reward zone and gamers unlocked stuff today, so I'm completely new to all this and had a quick question. When I do in-store pick up for a pre-order, is there anything I need to do to make sure I get the $10 back? Like give them an account number or something? Or will it just process automatically?

Just signed up for the reward zone and gamers unlocked stuff today, so I'm completely new to all this and had a quick question. When I do in-store pick up for a pre-order, is there anything I need to do to make sure I get the $10 back? Like give them an account number or something? Or will it just process automatically?
Normally they will ask if you are a reward zone member. But here is what you need to make sure is done.

Your purchase is linked to your RZ account (they will ask you for phone number you signed up with as this is the easiest route to look up accounts). You'll know if your account is linked as you will have to confirm your account info on the credit card machine.

If it's the $10 in RZ points game (Victory can be preordered) make sure your preorder is linked to your RZ account. Same as above.

When you walk in for victory can be preordered games make sure you exchange your preorder slip Receipt or they can look it up (a bit of a pain). If you don't exchange your preorder slip then you won't get the RZ points.

For any other perk (20% off etcetera) you just need to make sure you link your RZ account to purchase. It will deduct automatically. Well should deduct automatically.

For the 10% bonus for trade ins, you need to tell them that you are an RZGCU as to apply the bonus they have to check mark a box. You'll probably have to remind them multiple times. And ALWAYS check the sheet they give you before leaving as this can easily be overlooked by both employee and you which is a pain to get if not added properly.

All these things can be remedied online or through online help if not done properly, but better to do them right the first time then hassle later.

Its suppose to be cash or credit yes. The only ways around it is to either get someone who doesn't care or try and hide it with other items you want or just want to return afterwards.

Its suppose to be cash or credit yes. The only ways around it is to either get someone who doesn't care or try and hide it with other items you want or just want to return afterwards.
Dude really, didn`t you just complain "show some respect to htz and take it eslewhere", then you do the exact same thing less than a week later in the same thread. At least when I responded the person actually asked me direct and I posted before seeing htz post.

Also, "debit" cards non pre-paid would be allowed too same as cash, but all forms will be accepted by the system.

Enuf show some respect to htz and take this else where. You derail this thread at least every other week with this same discussion.

Dude really, didn`t you just complain "show some respect to htz and take it eslewhere", then you do the exact same thing less than a week later in the same thread. At least when I responded the person actually asked me direct and I posted before seeing htz post.

Also, "debit" cards non pre-paid would be allowed too same as cash, but all forms will be accepted by the system.
Probably had more to do with the fact you make those long posts about working the system your way and continue to go on posting about them regardless if anybody cares or not and less to do with you responding to somebody's question. They take up a lot of space and aren't relevant to the deal at hand.

Ok, quick and serious question.

Is there a limit to how many points you can save up?

I'll be around 5000 by the release of Assassin's Creed Unity..

I was saving them for Black Friday to go hog wild.

Also yes, I check the Black Friday sites daily to see if the Best Buy info has been posted.

The three games I want are Far Cry 4, Skylanders Trap 3DS, Assassin's Creed Rogue.

Probably had more to do with the fact you make those long posts about working the system your way and continue to go on posting about them regardless if anybody cares or not and less to do with you responding to somebody's question. They take up a lot of space and aren't relevant to the deal at hand.
My last 50 pm`s dating back one month are soley from CAG`s with questions regarding the same postings so even though you may not see 50 ppl post in this thread doesn`t mean "nobody cares". Generally, I get the "hey sorry to bother you can you fully explain how..." pm`s. After recieving those I return to the original threads that usually contain a directly asked ? thus I answer in detail.

Form a payment/payment structure is key on the $10 gc/credits since if done correctly you can effective make games completely free OOP. If you notice there`s alot more new BB/GCU/Elite Plus CAG`s not all CAG newbies just BB newbies so even though alot of us fully are aware of the inner workings/quirks of BB there`s tons that have less than 5% knowledge.

Isn`t the entire point of CAG to assist each other in the goal of cheaper games, higher trade in values, finding the best deals, saving money...even those who may not do what I suggest will tell you I`m one of the CAG who will go the extra mile to assist any other CAG even those who`ll disagree on the same forum.

I made two errors recently and both times directly apologies to @Deader you`ll rarely see other CAG`s admit wrong when they are involved in far worse than me and have no interest in helping others.

no limit i have over 40k reward zone points

keep in mind ac rogue is going to get a next gen re-release in 2015, they have already confirmed a pc release then and its pretty safe to assume a ps4/xbone version will follow

no limit i have over 40k reward zone points

keep in mind ac rogue is going to get a next gen re-release in 2015, they have already confirmed a pc release then and its pretty safe to assume a ps4/xbone version will follow
Probably a digital release like the Vita version.

Bigger problem is I just got my last Paycheck and until my business takes off or I find another means of income (LONG STORY) I'm kinda up crap creek.

Luckily, I have more than enough savings for a good 10months... even with my currently reserves/preoder purchases.

Finally, you have $800 in gift cards!? DAMN!

Same issue I had before ("Gift cards and savings codes cannot be used on orders containing Best Buy gift cards.") hit me again with Shadow Warrior. Tomorrow I might just have to sign up on their forums to ask what the deal is. I'm hoping the deal will be valid in store, especially since the estimated delivery on free shipping isn't all that promising (next Sunday).

Of course, I would be interested to know if anyone else has run into this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back