Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, conflicted with preordering sunset overdrive...I already preordered COD AW and will get that cheap on day one, but to get sunset overdrive now or later. Impulse buy...yes or no guys XD. I guess if I don't like the game I could always trade it in to get my money back...no idea.
I saw you already decided, but just to pile on, I went to get The Evil Within Friday night (on chapter 3, not really a fan). At the same time, I pre-ordered SO, CoD: AW, and Halo: TMMC. It'll be a sad trio of weeks for my wallet. However, I figure that's $30 in rewards certs I can hopefully put towards SSB on the Wii U, meaning I'll get that for about $20 at launch (though I might have to wait a few days for the Halo cert to pass through before picking Smash up).

I saw you already decided, but just to pile on, I went to get The Evil Within Friday night (on chapter 3, not really a fan). At the same time, I pre-ordered SO, CoD: AW, and Halo: TMMC. It'll be a sad trio of weeks for my wallet. However, I figure that's $30 in rewards certs I can hopefully put towards SSB on the Wii U, meaning I'll get that for about $20 at launch (though I might have to wait a few days for the Halo cert to pass through before picking Smash up).
Yea, but thanks for replying as well frier! You've helped me a lot the past week already too haha. And I agree, my wallet is going to hurt for the next few weeks or rather for the next few months, and not to mention I have school and college applications to be working on ._.

Goes to Feb. 2016 no matter what. It resets in February every year.
Aw that i kind of sucks. I'm at around $1000 spent now, I might get another $200-$300 this holiday season unless i suddenly decide i need another big box item. so by the time I get to $1500 there might be only 1 month of elite to enjoy. Thanks for answering atleast!

Aw that i kind of sucks. I'm at around $1000 spent now, I might get another $200-$300 this holiday season unless i suddenly decide i need another big box item. so by the time I get to $1500 there might be only 1 month of elite to enjoy. Thanks for answering atleast!
No you would get it for Feb. 2015- Feb. 2016

i have the sso bundle preordered so that's $10. If I preordered the physical version of sso will that get me another $10? Or no because it's the same game included in the bundle

For those that just got their SoM points, are the points already posted or is it pending? Mines finally showed up on my account but in pending status.

A couple of questions:

1. Is the GTAV pre order bonus still available? It's listed on the Bonus page, but when I check the listing for the PS4 version, there's no mention of it in the special offers section.

2. It seems like the Halo pre order bonuses are only offered if you pre order both Master Chief Collection and Halo 5 at the same time, is that correct?

Last day to preorder Sunset Overdrive. If you're on the fence about it, here are some reviews from a site that collected most of them

Eurogamer – 8/10
Videogamer – 6/10
US Gamer – 4.5/5
Destructoid – 8.5/10
Techno Buffalo – Buy
Hardcore Gamer – 4/5
Polygon – 9/10
Games Radar – 4/5
GameSpot – 8/10
Eurogamer Italy – 7/10
IGN Benelux – 9/10
ITF Gaming – 9/10
Gamer 365 – 8/10
Zing.cz – 8/10
The Escapist – 4/5
GamesBeat – 85/100
GameInformer – 9.25/10
Kotaku – Yes
Metro – 7/10
IGN – 9/10
Joystiq - 5/5
Gametrailers - 7/10

Holy crap, that's a lot better than I expected on the reviews. There were whispers about the game that worried me a tick, so I was expecting an average of about 7, with some 6s in there. That's an 8.2 average, with some high scores handed out. Color me impressed and ready to throw this flaming turd of disappointment that is The Evil Within back to Best Buy in the near-future (possibly today, to get more credit towards Sunset Overdrive).

A couple of questions:

1. Is the GTAV pre order bonus still available? It's listed on the Bonus page, but when I check the listing for the PS4 version, there's no mention of it in the special offers section.

2. It seems like the Halo pre order bonuses are only offered if you pre order both Master Chief Collection and Halo 5 at the same time, is that correct?
1. If you're talking about the $1,000,000 of GTA online currency, the bonus is supposed to be a voucher packaged inside the first print run of games so you'll be fine.

2. You don't need to preorder Halo 5. You get the bonus as long as you preorder it, period. It's advisable to preorder online since you can guarantee the Halo book will be set aside for your order. Some cashiers will be obvlious about the extras so if you preorder in-store, you run the risk of the item running out of stock or just completely forgetting to get the freebie in the same transaction.

Question: How are you guys able to see the term of your GCU membership? When I log into my account online, I see the points that I've earned and no mention of the end date to the right of the points.

I have the $10 coupon for advanced warfare from trading in Ghosts.

I am also a GCU member.

Has anyone tried preordering AW yet with GCU and using the $10 coupon making the price 48.99-10= $38.99 AND still getting the $10 GC back for the preorder? I am asking because the $10 coupon says its only valid starting next monday.

I have the $10 coupon for advanced warfare from trading in Ghosts.
I am also a GCU member.

Has anyone tried preordering AW yet with GCU and using the $10 coupon making the price 48.99-10= $38.99 AND still getting the $10 GC back for the preorder? I am asking because the $10 coupon says its only valid starting next monday.
You can't use the coupon till you pick up the game. Can't use it online either

Hey CAGS, quick question I cant remember the answer to. When does Best Buy cut off in store preorders?

The reviews for Sunset have convinced me to get it but I'd like to preorder in-store so I an get in the GCU deal too.

I seem to recall they cut in-store preorders off a day early but I cant remember.

Thanks! 

1. If you're talking about the $1,000,000 of GTA online currency, the bonus is supposed to be a voucher packaged inside the first print run of games so you'll be fine.

2. You don't need to preorder Halo 5. You get the bonus as long as you preorder it, period. It's advisable to preorder online since you can guarantee the Halo book will be set aside for your order. Some cashiers will be obvlious about the extras so if you preorder in-store, you run the risk of the item running out of stock or just completely forgetting to get the freebie in the same transaction.

Question: How are you guys able to see the term of your GCU membership? When I log into my account online, I see the points that I've earned and no mention of the end date to the right of the points.
i have 2 accounts…on my main one, its in Rewards-->Account overview right under $$ spent towards elite. It'll have the Gamers Unlocked logo, and your term date just to the right of that.

On my second account, everything is the same, but the term date is missing completely.

i have 2 accounts…on my main one, its in Rewards-->Account overview right under $$ spent towards elite. It'll have the Gamers Unlocked logo, and your term date just to the right of that.

On my second account, everything is the same, but the term date is missing completely.

Look for an "overview" link.
Thanks I had to click around some links to find it but I knew about the Account Overview log in method. I thought someone mentioned being able to see it next to the points display but I find it via the "Learn More" link next to the "My Benefits" listed under the points. After that, I had to scroll up from the page I was linked to and found it there. Not as obvious and clear as it was displayed under the old RZ website.

Ugh, I went in today to pre-order Sunset Overdrive, but they didn't have any pre-order cards and their kiosk was down for maintenance. Really sucks since I wanted to pick it up tomorrow with 2 years of GCU. Looks like I might have to buy another game to do that with. Should have pre-ordered sooner.

You can pre-order in stores just by having them type in the SKU found on the BBY.com page. In your case, just tell them to type in 9812053 for Sunset Overdrive.

You can pre-order in stores just by having them type in the SKU found on the BBY.com page. In your case, just tell them to type in 9812053 for Sunset Overdrive.
Oh... Well crap, might have to go after work. They said that once they run out of pre-order cards, they can't accept any more.

Alright, just pre-ordered Sunset Overdrive and put down $30. Ready to get another GCU tomorrow and finally play another game on my X1 (besides Destiny).

Is that Park Bom as your avatar?

Not the $1,000,000 in GTA bucks. I mean Best Buy was offering $10 reward certificate for GTAV preorder at some point. It's still listed as having it on this page: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/my-best-buy-get-10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002 . However this page seems to be out of date since it still lists Shadow of Mordor. However, when you go to this page: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/grand-theft-auto-v-playstation-4/7358056.p?id=1219266293179&skuId=7358056 and look at the special offers; there's no mention of the $10 bonus.

Thanks I had to click around some links to find it but I knew about the Account Overview log in method. I thought someone mentioned being able to see it next to the points display but I find it via the "Learn More" link next to the "My Benefits" listed under the points. After that, I had to scroll up from the page I was linked to and found it there. Not as obvious and clear as it was displayed under the old RZ website.
I feel dumb, but i still dont see mine :whistle2:(. here is a pic of what i see

http://i.imgur.com/NnVMXUs.png

am i in the wrong place?

Not the $1,000,000 in GTA bucks. I mean Best Buy was offering $10 reward certificate for GTAV preorder at some point. It's still listed as having it on this page: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/my-best-buy-get-10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002 . However this page seems to be out of date since it still lists Shadow of Mordor. However, when you go to this page: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/grand-theft-auto-v-playstation-4/7358056.p?id=1219266293179&skuId=7358056 and look at the special offers; there's no mention of the $10 bonus.
nope it is still going, however if you got the $10 from GTA V when it came to 360 and PS3, you will not get the $10 for next gen copies.

I feel dumb, but i still dont see mine :whistle2:(. here is a pic of what i see

http://i.imgur.com/NnVMXUs.png

am i in the wrong place?
t2hXqAA.png

You're in the right place. Not sure why it doesn't show an expiration date for you...

This isn't right. The PS4 or XBX1 versions weren't even known to be coming when we did the original GTA promo. These are set up to work separately and will work separately. Doesn't matter if you participated in this offer on the old versions, as long as you meet all the qualifications for this (preorder and pick up within the pick up window) you're good to go.

Just a miscommunication on this. Apologies for that. We'll get this cleared up.
Pretty sure dc delta confirmed we will still get the 10$ if we participated in the last gen deal as it is considered separate.
He did.

If I preorder sunset overdrive right now for shipping I should still get the day edition and $10 certificate right?

And anyone have any idea what the trade in value would probably start at? Cause I know usually $40 base but with the 50% trade bonus next week I ain't sure how that will affect the starting value

Did you just recently get GCU or renew you sub? If so I'm almost positive it takes a few days before it's updated on there. Maybe that's why you don't see anything.
i got it with my white ps4 on 9/9. been using it like crazy for the past two months. i know it expires 9/2016 or at least it should. dunno why everyone else sees it but i don't, but hopefully i'll find out

That's exactly how mine looks. Just out of curiosity are you the only one in your house hold with Best Buy rewards/gcu?
It should list it above the part that says "club benefits." Looking at the picture for some reason it doesn't show your date. Mine says Feb 11, 2016.

Oh... Well crap, might have to go after work. They said that once they run out of pre-order cards, they can't accept any more.
It depends on the game. For games like SSO you'll be fine. It's not like they're gonna sell out tomorrow. As long as the system will allow it, you can still pre-order.

I was able to get the Destiny White PS4 bundle pre-ordered in store when that SKU got taken out of the kiosk and was no longer available for in-store pickup online. If when they enter the SKU into the computer it doesn't return an error, then you're good to go.

If you pre-order on a Monday before release and they don't physically have any more copies of the game in the store (like a niche JRPG or something), then you'll most likely have to wait until a copy is shipped to the store. Regardless, even in this case you should be able to pre-order in the store.

A lot of employees will tell you it's not possible without the slip or whatever, but just politely tell them to enter it and see what happens. If you can't, the system will tell them.

Alright, just pre-ordered Sunset Overdrive and put down $30. Ready to get another GCU tomorrow and finally play another game on my X1 (besides Destiny).

Is that Park Bom as your avatar?
Yup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back