Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am already a member but How does this work. I want to preorder gta v. I am doing it online and I want it shipped to my house. But where do I provide the member number online during the time of purchase. Same thing with pickup. I am not picking it up and it is being shipped so how do I provide my member number then.

You shouldn't need a member number. You just need to join a regular BB.com account with your rewards account. Then it'll auto apply any discounts for GCU.

Wrong platform?
Right platform...wrong game.

Assassin's Creed Black Flag....it was sitting next to My Halo copy and the lady didn't know the difference between the older game and newer game even though pick ups should be tagged. They didn't tag my halo either though just the multiplayer book thingy.

I went back and told them the story and since the actually copy I should have received was sitting in the racks, properly tagged, they exchanged it with no problem even though I opened it.

Ended up getting my package.

I called UPS and they told me to check with my neighbors and see if any of them got a package.

I probably shouldn't have done this, but I had 3 packages lost on me in the last year and this was the 4th time and I just am fed up with it. I walked down my street and noticed one of my neighbors front door was ajar. I was like eh.... it's probably nothing. But something told me to go and check even if it's not my property. I went up and opened the screen door and a package fell. Looked at it and it was mine. Just took it and went home.

They delivered to a house about 5 or 6 houses down.
You should file a consumer complaint and also send an email to the top brass and i'm sure things will change quickly. trust me, middle mgmt hates to hear or get holler at by these suit/ties execs.

You shouldn't need a member number. You just need to join a regular BB.com account with your rewards account. Then it'll auto apply any discounts for GCU.
Do they offer release date delivery or is that extra? How long do standard free shipping deliveries usually take through them with new games?

how in the world do you people miss this for gta v. it is literally in the weekly ad staring in your face
Not sure about other stores, but store I go to also has it posted on the front door, and a few times in the game section (for GTA and Far Cry)

People are just oblivious, this thread proves that lol

Just received the $10 Sunset Overdrive certificate
Same here. Right on schedule with what they had told me when I picked up

However I did not receive any points for my $10 pre order. Is it typical to not get points for the pre order part or should I call?

Same here. Right on schedule with what they had told me when I picked up

However I did not receive any points for my $10 pre order. Is it typical to not get points for the pre order part or should I call?
...Isn't the $10 dollar certificate the points?

edit-Ah nevermind, I think I see what you mean. You mean the regular points awarded on the purchase? Which if it helps, looking at my own account, it should be 94 points? GCU would have knocked the game price down to $47 before tax. 47x2. At least that's how many points I have from my ACU preorder.

Alright, so I caved and preordered the 2 available Nov 18 games, since it doesn't look like there might be any really good sales on them, and I just received a $5 certificate from some of my recent trades and purchases. So $97 total (Paid with credit) which knocks it down to $77 total after reward certs. Which is $38.50 which is about what I'd expect for a new release Black Friday deal anyways. 

Question though, anybody else pre order GTA? Any mention of their 1,000,000 in game currency during transaction? My Far Cry 4 DLC is listed under the purchase, as well as the AC:U pistol being listed when I purchased it, but there's no mention of that 1 mil that's supposed to come with GTA preorders.

Alright, so I caved and preordered the 2 available Nov 18 games, since it doesn't look like there might be any really good sales on them, and I just received a $5 certificate from some of my recent trades and purchases. So $97 total (Paid with credit) which knocks it down to $77 total after reward certs. Which is $38.50 which is about what I'd expect for a new release Black Friday deal anyways.

Question though, anybody else pre order GTA? Any mention of their 1,000,000 in game currency during transaction? My Far Cry 4 DLC is listed under the purchase, as well as the AC:U pistol being listed when I purchased it, but there's no mention of that 1 mil that's supposed to come with GTA preorders.
it a code inside the game case that why it not listed. All launch copies regardless of retailer will have it that why it in the case

Has anyone pre-ordered online this week?  Online at checkout it only gave me an option of free express shipping for Far Cry 4;  I wonder if it's due to complaints of shipping issues and being an elite plus member I get this option now.  It used be just expedited shipping was free.

Has anyone pre-ordered online this week? Online at checkout it only gave me an option of free express shipping for Far Cry 4; I wonder if it's due to complaints of shipping issues and being an elite plus member I get this option now. It used be just expedited shipping was free.
It has been like that for a week or two. I believe all preorders get that now. Not sure it's a perminate thing or just for the holidays.

Also after the post above, I looked at my preorders and their bonuses. FarCry doesn't have anything listed under it. But if I act like I want to preorder it now, it shows up in the cart with the game. I preordered Oct 1st, I think before these bonuses were announced. Even though it doesn't show, I should get this still correct?

nothing for me.  Just pending on CoD and SSO still.  I think today will mark 15 days for SSO.  I'll wait for a few more days before panicking. :ziplip:

My AC unity purchase points posted to my account already. Bonus 500 hasn't yet though. Pre ordered it on 9/7. Expect the 500 to pop up before weeks end.

Again like OP stated, wait until at least 20 days then call customer service, that easy. I got my COD one early it happens...
even if it was still 15 days, wouldn't the earliest day you will get your $10 be on the 17th of nov, if you had picked it on release day. today is nov 13. so being on this site as an active members for 3 years. i realized something majority of posters does not know how to read , and does not know Elementary arithmetic of addition

even if it was still 15 days, wouldn't the earliest day you will get your $10 be on the 17th of nov, if you had picked it on release day. today is nov 13. so being on this site as an active members for 3 years. i realized something majority of posters does not know how to read , and does not know Elementary arithmetic of addition
The earliest is anytime within the 15 days. Once, I got my points posted within 24 hours of picking a game up on release day. For Advanced Warfare, I picked up on Monday (release day) and got my points that Friday, so 4 days. It's (seemingly) random.

Someone please help. I am a My Best Buy member and i have GCU. How do i get the 10 dollars? I just ordered GTA V online and it didn't ask me my member number? Will I get the 10 dollars? Someone please help.

Someone please help. I am a My Best Buy member and i have GCU. How do i get the 10 dollars? I just ordered GTA V online and it didn't ask me my member number? Will I get the 10 dollars? Someone please help.
Were you logged in when you placed the preorder and was the total $47.99+tax? If so, there's nothing more you have to do.

Were you logged in when you placed the preorder and was the total $47.99+tax? If so, there's nothing more you have to do.
Yes I was logged in and the order total was 47.99+tax?

On this page http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/My-Best-Buy-Get-10-FAQ/pcmcat308600050000.c?id=pcmcat308600050000 it says:

Q4: Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
A4: You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. What does this mean?

On this page http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/My-Best-Buy-Get-10-FAQ/pcmcat308600050000.c?id=pcmcat308600050000 it says:

Q4: Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
A4: You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. What does this mean?
It means in store!!!!!

would i still be eligible to receive the $10 pre-order points if i paid a part of the purchase price using gift cards? or does that negate the $10 bonus completely?

thx

A4: You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. What does this mean?[/size]
Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?

You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

You only need to do that for in store pre-orders. If you have your BB.com account and MyBestBuy account linked properly together. The GCU 20% off discount and $10 pre-order bonus points should be automatic.

would i still be eligible to receive the $10 pre-order points if i paid a part of the purchase price using gift cards? or does that negate the $10 bonus completely?

thx

The fact that it was at the discounted price guarantees that your member number was used in the order. The pre-order bonus is automatic and will show up as points in your purchase history.

thx
Yes, still eligible. I've used gift cards to pre-order games and still received the bonus. You're only losing out on the regular, purchase points for the order total. The 500 bonus points are it's own category.

thx
Any form of payment in full or in part will not negate you from getting the $10 pre-order bonus points.

You only need to do that for in store pre-orders. If you have your BB.com account and MyBestBuy account linked properly together. The GCU 20% off discount and $10 pre-order bonus points should be automatic.
So when should be expecting the 10 dollars? Thanks for all the help.

So when should be expecting the 10 dollars? Thanks for all the help.
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version orspecial edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version orspecial edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.
Thanks. I don't know why i keep getting so confused.

I swear they should just lock this thread and sticky the OP only... every single question is answered there... and then we get the same damn questions over and over again... Can I buy 5 copies? When do I get my cert?  It's been 15 days?  How does this work?

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

I swear they should just lock this thread and sticky the OP only... every single question is answered there... and then we get the same damn questions over and over again... Can I buy 5 copies? When do I get my cert? It's been 15 days? How does this
I find it funny how some of you get from people asking these questions. Just do what I do and scroll on by them.

I swear they should just lock this thread and sticky the OP only... every single question is answered there... and then we get the same damn questions over and over again... Can I buy 5 copies? When do I get my cert? It's been 15 days? How does this work?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I was new to the site a couple months ago when i first got (and heard about) GCU. sometimes people need questions answered and typically forum posts are not like this one. I think usually OPs don't mean anything and people are just following the last few posts.

i'm terrified of being yelled at on a forum (i know, it's dumb, but i am) so i went back at least a week or two on all the topics that i was interested in and seemed to get all the answers i needed that way. also, the search is really good so i've used that before.

i don't think a noob questions thread is that bad of an idea, although i'm sure people would ignore it just like they ignore the OP.

Has anyone gotten their $10 for Dying Light & Battlefield yet?

Thought I'd add some variety to the whole people not reading the op thing by just asking about future games

I shouldn't be too concerned my Halo: MCC Multiplayer Map Book hasn't shipped, right?

My worries aren't that the item hasn't shipped, but that they have enough quantity. 

This is none of my business, but do your address and that address share any similarities numerically (e.g., you live at 1110 and the packaged was delivered to 1101)? That's pretty messed up.
That happened to me and my neighbor east of me. There address is 2424 and our is 2428. UPS dropped both of our boxes to my neighbor west of me who adresse is 2432. Also somebody was home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back