Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to place a store pick up on gta as well . It's the first time I've had this issue personally and I've placed pre orders this late plenty of times. I don't think it has anything to do with stores reaching their allotment of pre orders , I'm pretty sure it's just the website acting up .

There's no reason to pre-order Dragon Age 3 if you don't plan on playing it for a month or two, right?  Since theres no $10 bonus I didn't bother, and I'm gonna be busy with GTA5/Far Cry to play it.  I figure I'll play those, trade it in, and see if a better deal comes along but making sure I didn't miss some sorta big preorder bonus or anything on it.

The only tricky one for me is Little Big Planet 3, I'll probably pick it up in store when I get GTA/Far Cry (seperate order with new movers coupon, since new one is only off one item) but mostly just to get the plushy, probably play it for a little bit and trade it in - doesn't look like my kinda game.

There's no reason to pre-order Dragon Age 3 if you don't plan on playing it for a month or two, right? Since theres no $10 bonus I didn't bother, and I'm gonna be busy with GTA5/Far Cry to play it. I figure I'll play those, trade it in, and see if a better deal comes along but making sure I didn't miss some sorta big preorder bonus or anything on it.

The only tricky one for me is Little Big Planet 3, I'll probably pick it up in store when I get GTA/Far Cry (seperate order with new movers coupon, since new one is only off one item) but mostly just to get the plushy, probably play it for a little bit and trade it in - doesn't look like my kinda game.
there is no reason to buy any game if you arent going to play it til next year, too many sales between now and the end of the year.

cool my cod finally just cleared and i got 0 points for the preorder and buying of the game... so much for my 10$ rewards points

i used a gift card to buy the game but that shouldnt matter as i preordered it and bought it

cool my cod finally just cleared and i got 0 points for the preorder and buying of the game... so much for my 10$ rewards points

i used a gift card to buy the game but that shouldnt matter as i preordered it and bought it
I'm gettting the same on my AC Unity Preorder/Purchase.

Are the mods on the Best Buy forums able to refund overcharges on game pre-orders?  I'm out of town and my wife just noticed they didn't take the $5 deposit off of my Halo MCC pick-up.  They took the GCU discount off correctly though, so I still got charged $47.99 + tax for the game.  She won't be able to make it to BB at all this week, so I just wanted to get the price fixed the most convenient way I can.  Thanks for any help!

Are the mods on the Best Buy forums able to refund overcharges on game pre-orders? I'm out of town and my wife just noticed they didn't take the $5 deposit off of my Halo MCC pick-up. They took the GCU discount off correctly though, so I still got charged $47.99 + tax for the game. She won't be able to make it to BB at all this week, so I just wanted to get the price fixed the most convenient way I can. Thanks for any help!
The only way is to go to the store or just take the hit.

Are the mods on the Best Buy forums able to refund overcharges on game pre-orders? I'm out of town and my wife just noticed they didn't take the $5 deposit off of my Halo MCC pick-up. They took the GCU discount off correctly though, so I still got charged $47.99 + tax for the game. She won't be able to make it to BB at all this week, so I just wanted to get the price fixed the most convenient way I can. Thanks for any help!
no it has to be done in store so you will have to just do it when you able to in store, same thing happened with my madden preorder and I couldn't get to best buy for two weeks and had to do it at that time

just called and they said i had 1000 points pending but i told them it was for assassins creed. so as of now they have not done anything about my missing cod points... any chance ill get them?

just called and they said i had 1000 points pending but i told them it was for assassins creed. so as of now they have not done anything about my missing cod points... any chance ill get them?
Wait 15 days then call.

Actually if you have 1000 points pending 500 would be for assassin's creed and the other 500 should be call of duty if you have nothing else pending.

hey guys I just bought unity and the points arent showing up on my account yet, whats going on?

Also, is WWE2k15 on the list for the 10 dollar promo? 

P.S. - :kappa:

hey guys I just bought unity and the points arent showing up on my account yet, whats going on?

Also, is WWE2k15 on the list for the 10 dollar promo?
Did you read the OP? The answer to both of your questions is there.

Wait 15 days then call.

Actually if you have 1000 points pending 500 would be for assassin's creed and the other 500 should be call of duty if you have nothing else pending.
i forget that 500 points is 10$ i think to myself that 1000 is so i guess they are on there way soon

Might be a dumb question... first time i pre-ordered with Best Buy.  I waited the 15 days for CoD, and it says the points are credited and a $10 certificate has been issued... but... not certificate, and the points are gone.  Is this normal?  Will it be there in a  day or two?

How far in advance do you have to order to get release day delivery? I'm trying to order Pokémon and it cones out on Friday.
It varies by your location. I live in Arizona and usually get the games on Friday. I got one game on a Thursday. I ordered anywhere from one month to a week in advance.

Might be a dumb question... first time i pre-ordered with Best Buy. I waited the 15 days for CoD, and it says the points are credited and a $10 certificate has been issued... but... not certificate, and the points are gone. Is this normal? Will it be there in a day or two?
How did you wait 15 days when the 15th day after release is 2 days from now (Tuesday)?

So is this the whole list or are they going to have more games for 2015. I hope they add uncharted 4, the division and metal gear solid 5.

So is this the whole list or are they going to have more games for 2015. I hope they add uncharted 4, the division and metal gear solid 5.
could be more but wont be added until a couple months into the new year just like they did last year. The division and mgs 5 is possible to be added but not uncharted since it a PlayStation 4 exclusive and the best buy mods stated before for a game to be eligible it need to be available on more then just one system which is why Nintendo games usually aren't added either.

could be more but wont be added until a couple months into the new year just like they did last year. The division and mgs 5 is possible to be added but not uncharted since it a PlayStation 4 exclusive and the best buy mods stated before for a game to be eligible it need to be available on more then just one system which is why Nintendo games usually aren't added either.
Really don't buy that though since Master Chief Collection and Sunset Overdrive got the $10 cert.

Can't be true. SunSet was Xbox one exclusive.

Really don't buy that though since Master Chief Collection and Sunset Overdrive got the $10 cert.
maybe it just a Sony thing then cause I don't think there been a single Sony exclusive on the list all year long so maybe Sony won't let them since it possible Microsoft have some kind of a marketing contract with best buy to make there exclusives the only ones allowed?

maybe it just a Sony thing then cause I don't think there been a single Sony exclusive on the list all year long so maybe Sony won't let them since it possible Microsoft have some kind of a marketing contract with best buy to make there exclusives the only ones allowed?
One pattern to notice with recent Sony titles is they love these staple offers
1- buy ___ game get $10-$30 off a single or choice of several games generally other 1st party titles
2- buy ___ game get ___ discount off of PS+
3- buy ___ game get ___ discount off of a controller and/or other accessory

It`s easy to see why Sony would prefer these options vs a $10 cert/$10 gc which isn`t a sure fire added sale for Sony. I`d like to see BB become more involved at aggressively using GCU to secure the $10 credits(in either form) even if it doesn`t come via a 50/50 BB publisher split of the $10.

Had they listened to some of the ideax threads they`d be able to generate revenue allowing them to add Nintendo titles along with other major sellers. Hell 3 $10 cert coupons on any game we choose would go along way towards getting people to pay $120 vs the discounted firesale prices. Common sense would dicate making GCU stronger thus fully worth the $120 price vs standing pat. It`s certainly not a 1, 2, 3 instant fix but making so knockout promos that can overcome the $120 price would be the way to go.

One pattern to notice with recent Sony titles is they love these staple offers
1- buy ___ game get $10-$30 off a single or choice of several games generally other 1st party titles
2- buy ___ game get ___ discount off of PS+
3- buy ___ game get ___ discount off of a controller and/or other accessory
It`s easy to see why Sony would prefer these options vs a $10 cert/$10 gc which isn`t a sure fire added sale for Sony. I`d like to see BB become more involved at aggressively using GCU to secure the $10 credits(in either form) even if it doesn`t come via a 50/50 BB publisher split of the $10.
Had they listened to some of the ideax threads they`d be able to generate revenue allowing them to add Nintendo titles along with other major sellers. Hell 3 $10 cert coupons on any game we choose would go along way towards getting people to pay $120 vs the discounted firesale prices. Common sense would dicate making GCU stronger thus fully worth the $120 price vs standing pat. It`s certainly not a 1, 2, 3 instant fix but making so knockout promos that can overcome the $120 price would be the way to go.
Would love to see something like the way it is now. Except in addition as an Unlocked exclusive, do something along the lines of preorder __ games in a year and receive $___ back. Also I'd really like Unlocked to have is some sort of discount on accessories. And maybe add some deals in the weekly ad or DOTD only for Unlocked members.

They could advertise Unlocked in weekly ads, especially when major games come out. For instance this week, Dragon Age for $59.99, only $47.99 for Unlocked members! It would be something similar to what Gamestop does with PowerUpPro.

Mortal Kombat X and Just Cause 3 have existing request threads for either a $10 giftcard or $10 cert, the usual massive request thread will go live in the 1st week of 2015. With the larger GCU install base we may see some completely new offers and/or alot more games included in various promos.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Please-add-Just-Cause-3-to-the-10-Pre-order-Purchase-or-Giftcard/idi-p/875755#M6212

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-Mortal-Kombat-X-to-2015-10-pre-order-list-or-10-instant/idi-p/845567

I voted for Just Cause 3 because I'm getting that day one. I didn't vote for MK though because I could care less about that and would rather something else.

I find it hard to believe they'll add any gcu benefits after they realize how much revenue they lost giving away unlocked memberships free with a 7$ no contract phone .

Love reading threads where everyone starts the theorize on how a business works or why they are doing something or how they choose to go about something lol

How did you wait 15 days when the 15th day after release is 2 days from now (Tuesday)?
Did I neglect to mention I have a time machine? >_>

Well that could be the problem, I was going by the date I pre-ordered. Still, it is telling me I was issued a certificate when nothing is there, but I guess I have to wait another day to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back