Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my reward cert for Call of Duty on Thursday and went back for the GCU adjustment that didn't apply when I bought the game with the $10 upgrade coupon.  Cashier was very nice and gave me $12 back without any issues.  

Uhh...I had about 600 or so points yesterday and now I have 500 less--what gives? 

Edit:
It says

11/23 Issued $20 Certificate.

But nothing is there--it should come tomorrow, right? This is a common thing?

I guess that means I got my 500 Halo points then.

Uhh...I had about 600 or so points yesterday and now I have 500 less--what gives?
Edit:
It says
11/23 Issued $20 Certificate.

But nothing is there--it should come tomorrow, right? This is a common thing?

I guess that means I got my 500 Halo points then.
Look under purchase history, and look under the date you preorder. If you received the points it will show.

[attachment=10163:image.jpg]

i received this email about my GTA V pre order DLC about 8pm last night and still no further email?

I'm sorry to hear that you have not yet received the pre-order bonus code for the game Grand Theft Auto V for Xbox One.

Unfortunately we are experiencing some system upgrades on our tools and would like to ask for your consideration to wait within 4-5 hours on our end to send the code to your e-mail address.

We appreciate your loyalty as an Elite Plus member.

Best Buy has temporarily removed the GCU and Elite/Elite Plus spending status page. They will bring those features back later next month.
That sucks. I was looking to see how much I needed to spend to get to elite again this year. I was between $150- $300 away but can't remember exactly. Also I was trying to use my 50% off a strategy guide coupon today and when he scanned it, it said denied. They price adjusted it, but wonder if the denied had something to do with the removed gcu status. Wonder why they would remove that?

That sucks. I was looking to see how much I needed to spend to get to elite again this year. I was between $150- $300 away but can't remember exactly. Also I was trying to use my 50% off a strategy guide coupon today and when he scanned it, it said denied. They price adjusted it, but wonder if the denied had something to do with the removed gcu status. Wonder why they would remove that?
the coupons never work even when I renewed in February the coupons back then didn't work they always have to be overrode

Got my reward cert for Call of Duty on Thursday and went back for the GCU adjustment that didn't apply when I bought the game with the $10 upgrade coupon. Cashier was very nice and gave me $12 back without any issues.
you did $2 better than us even, as with that coupon the gcu should have only taken $10 off the price.

So since Sunset is $49.99 I can get BB to match the price since they have it at that one time? 

So it would be $40 after match with GCU.

Weird points cleared but no cert. yet. It mentions -250 issued cert. on my purchase history, too Hopefully get it by tomorrow cuz I'm get another 25 for halo and ass creed soon and don't want them fucking up that as well.

EDIT: Guess this is a common issued, lol. 

The last time I got a certificate it took a day to show up even though the points were already subtracted. Wait until tomorrow and then contact. They really should fix up their system.
Cool same thing just happen to me. Sucks because if it happens to my Ass creed & Halo waiting an additional day, will mean I'll get those certs until Friday. :wall:

Yeah, it seems to always end up taking a day for my certificate to show up. I have it set to automatically do it, but because I have elite status, I wonder if I should use point banking? I wonder if issuing from the point bank is instant?

Yeah, it seems to always end up taking a day for my certificate to show up. I have it set to automatically do it, but because I have elite status, I wonder if I should use point banking? I wonder if issuing from the point bank is instant?
The past $45 worth of Certs I issued from bank all were instant.

Both Certs for FarCry and GTA are pending! The last 7 months or so have been pretty badass. I doubt I'll follow this thread much again until after the holidays since there's no more bonus Certs until then anyways.

Maybe we will start 2015 off with a new BB Bonus Cert thread?

GTA and FC4 points are pending from my 10/28 order. Not holding my breathe but would be nice if they clear by Thursday so I can use on some more BB stuff

The past $45 worth of Certs I issued from bank all were instant.

Both Certs for FarCry and GTA are pending! The last 7 months or so have been pretty badass. I doubt I'll follow this thread much again until after the holidays since there's no more bonus Certs until then anyways.

Maybe we will start 2015 off with a new BB Bonus Cert thread?
Thanks, I'll turn on point-banking then. I hope I get some certificates in time for BF, I'm thinking about the mouse/steam card combo.

Thanks, I'll turn on point-banking then. I hope I get some certificates in time for BF, I'm thinking about the mouse/steam card combo.
Yea I actually issued 2 Certs last Tuesday for $45 while I was in store. Ending up buying DragonAge for a friend, so it didn't cost me anything.

Btw you just missed the early access event yesterday. It was really good. I ordered a blue Dualshock 4 and 6 games for myself. Bringing my collection up to 26 PS4 discs. I also order 4 games for a friend, and the IPod Touch for another friend. All shipped and will arrive Nov 26th(Wednesday).

My unity points just cleared and I got $25 cef, if my math is right my halo points should clear by BF but I don't know if I will receive the cef in time :(, also sucks that I have 205 points right now, so close to another $5 lol

My "clearing cycle" has ALWAYS been 2 weeks and 2 days so far, so it takes my stuff 16 days exactly to clear

Anyone think Dying Light will do well? I'm due for a zombie game but not sure if this will rank high. It's been pretty quiet.

Yea I actually issued 2 Certs last Tuesday for $45 while I was in store. Ending up buying DragonAge for a friend, so it didn't cost me anything.

Btw you just missed the early access event yesterday. It was really good. I ordered a blue Dualshock 4 and 6 games for myself. Bringing my collection up to 26 PS4 discs. I also order 4 games for a friend, and the IPod Touch for another friend. All shipped and will arrive Nov 26th(Wednesday).
Need anymore friends?

Still kicking myself for not using the 3x points on the $500+ purchase of games I made a couple of months back - thought it'd automatically be used... d'oh!

Still waiting on my HaloMCC cert though, picked it up a day or two after launch day with my pre-order, but haven't seen anything yet on mybestbuy.com :(

Always order online for instore pickup...
Generally what I do, and takes me about 2 weeks for most certs. Only issue is getting price adjustments have to go through the CS hotline. Getting money back on SSO has been a headache.

Explaining that the discount would still apply to that sale price is a hassle at times. Much easier in store.

check your account, i had a random $5 cert show up that expires 12/24.  I have point banking turned on so it wasn't from buying stuff either.  I never got the mystery gift or any of that stuff so I guess its a $5 losers consolation prize, but i'll take it!!

I have $25 in certs that expire on Jan 31st.  If I preorder Evolve (Feb release) with those certs will they still count?

Couldn't find the answer when I searched.

Thanks

Woohoo.... So ordered Halo MCC for delivery, they shipped the game first and didn't ship the free booklet until a week later.  I returned the game since i was able to get it during target's B2G1 free promo.  So even though I returned the game, I still got the 500 in points.  It never took them back due to the booklet still in my hands.  Pretty cool.  And yes, it's been a week already since the points posted and I returned the game.

Generally what I do, and takes me about 2 weeks for most certs. Only issue is getting price adjustments have to go through the CS hotline. Getting money back on SSO has been a headache.

Explaining that the discount would still apply to that sale price is a hassle at times. Much easier in store.
My best buy argues with me EVERYTIME. Then the online customer service just tells me to go to the store.......quite annoying; the struggle is real!

Oh I didn't miss the early access, I got some stuff. Unfortunately, the mouse/steam card combo was only up for an hour or so and then got taken down. I think it is only supposed to be Th-F.

Might have been answered, but my account says the reward points were applied, but I don't see them under my rewards. I'm guessing it's something that takes like 24 hours to go through or whatever?

Might have been answered, but my account says the reward points were applied, but I don't see them under my rewards. I'm guessing it's something that takes like 24 hours to go through or whatever?
Yes, wait a day for the certificate to show up. I've been told that point banking (if you have elite status) allows you to get your certificates right away when you want.

Woah! After the purchases I made yesterday clear, I will have $75 in Certs. I just used $60 in Certs last week lol. Really wished I started using the MyBB Credit Card sooner.

Maybe BB is starting to listening and we will start getting more steelbooks. Isn't it FutureShop that always gets a bunch?

At this time we will not be bringing this program to Best Buy U.S. - Allan-BBY, 06-13-2014.

Maybe 2015 is the year? :)
i am hoping they will be doing steelbooks for kingdom hearts III, and final fantasy XV, once there are definite release dates for those two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back