-GoW:UEd
-Rare Replay

Skylanders SuperChargers B1G1
Skylanders SuperChargers Starter $34.99
Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter $39.99

3DS XL $174.99

Hyrule Warriors Legends $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Phone game? There are some great phone games so I won't belittle mobile games. But this is far more than a "phone game" in scope. I wasn't excited about it being time trials only.
But the game has over 200 tracks and an extensive track editor. Local head to head multiplayer. Online multiplayer that you "race" against a ton of ghosts (I believe it's up to 100 other players, which is still pretty cool even if not real time).
That's a shitload of content. Not to mention that the included tracks are insane from a design standpoint.
If it were $60, I would say it may be a bit much. But for $32 after GCU, it is well worth it IMO.
While the ghost thing is neat, it is also a cop-out from building A.I. in a race. It still ends up being a game whose core is played in short bursts (under a minute from what I played in the beta). That is often the target of a phone game. A track editor is again a nice addition that offloads the development to the consumer. At its core, the game really feels like a lesser version on Trials, in that the levels are often much shorter and involve less action from the player.

If there is a digital sale, for $20, I would probably grab it as a short-term time waster I could share with someone else.

Phone game? There are some great phone games so I won't belittle mobile games. But this is far more than a "phone game" in scope. I wasn't excited about it being time trials only.

But the game has over 200 tracks and an extensive track editor. Local head to head multiplayer. Online multiplayer that you "race" against a ton of ghosts (I believe it's up to 100 other players, which is still pretty cool even if not real time).

That's a shitload of content. Not to mention that the included tracks are insane from a design standpoint.

If it were $60, I would say it may be a bit much. But for $32 after GCU, it is well worth it IMO.
I agree that the game is a bit pricey for $40, but it definitely doesn't lack content for the price. The name of the game is insane tracks, great controls, and hard to master gameplay. It's an arcade racer at it's core and a damn good one at that. Very fun game.

While the ghost thing is neat, it is also a cop-out from building A.I. in a race. It still ends up being a game whose core is played in short bursts (under a minute from what I played in the beta). That is often the target of a phone game. A track editor is again a nice addition that offloads the development to the consumer. At its core, the game really feels like a lesser version on Trials, in that the levels are often much shorter and involve less action from the player.

If there is a digital sale, for $20, I would probably grab it as a short-term time waster I could share with someone else.
The beta and trial are a poor representation of the full game. Yes, most of the levels are still fairly short. But that's ONLY if you can master them. There are some tracks that are so crazy that you may be lucky to get past them in 10 minutes the first go around and may spend an hour or more before you get a medal on them.

To me, at least, I think there is way more content in this game than a Trials game. And I love Trials games.

When I played the beta, I was sorely disappointed that there were no traditional races. And I was on the fence on getting the full game. Now I have no regrets whatsoever.

I will end up spending a lot more time with this than the vast majority of single player games. But everyone has their own tastes in what they think a game should consist of as far as value.

Maybe its just around my area but it seems like Best Buy isnt stocking as many games as they use to. The 2 stores closer to me didn't have either Until Dawn or Gears of War Ultimate and I picked up the last copy of both games at a 3rd store. 

Is it worth buying the ulitmate edition even if you have all 3 games thanks to backwards compability? Basically are the graphics and gameplay different between gow ue and the bc?
The graphical upgrade is astounding. Everything from the shrubbery in the background to the dilapidated buildings to the character models have been completely remastered. And playing MP in 60fps is just eye poppingly awesome. It's so hard to go back to playing the 360 version after you've experienced it.

Has the ad for 3/27-4/2 not been released yet?  Or are there just no game deals to be had?  (Sorry if this has already been asked in this thread!)

Also, I just signed up for GCU and received my welcome coupons.  Unfortunately, they all expire in one measly month from my signup date, about 2 days before my next big planned game purchase (Star Fox Zero).  And they're super restrictive as well, since it can only be "in-store, in-stock items".  Has anyone had any luck with Best Buy being flexible with pre-orders or online orders?

Has the ad for 3/27-4/2 not been released yet? Or are there just no game deals to be had? (Sorry if this has already been asked in this thread!)

Also, I just signed up for GCU and received my welcome coupons. Unfortunately, they all expire in one measly month from my signup date, about 2 days before my next big planned game purchase (Star Fox Zero). And they're super restrictive as well, since it can only be "in-store, in-stock items". Has anyone had any luck with Best Buy being flexible with pre-orders or online orders?
It is most likely an online only ad if it's not up yet.

Has the ad for 3/27-4/2 not been released yet? Or are there just no game deals to be had? (Sorry if this has already been asked in this thread!)

Also, I just signed up for GCU and received my welcome coupons. Unfortunately, they all expire in one measly month from my signup date, about 2 days before my next big planned game purchase (Star Fox Zero). And they're super restrictive as well, since it can only be "in-store, in-stock items". Has anyone had any luck with Best Buy being flexible with pre-orders or online orders?
Tyrok posted a week ago saying that there wouldn't be a physical ad for that week.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info!

I assume I would have to wait until Sunday to know what's in next week's ad?
Yep. That's how its going to be for awhile. The 4/3-4/9 ad for the Star Wars Blu-ray release will be the only paper ad for the month of April. :whistle2:?

Damn, that was quick! Not for you or will you rebuy down the road?
got the plat on monday, not really much of an endgame just endlessly grinding to make yourself 0.1% better. enjoyed the hours I put into the game but after the plat don't really feel like doing anything more. I'll rebuy digital when its $20-30 for the gold edition if the DLC content is good

That sucks, was thinking for VR but now they have the bundle with it and the move controllers... So if it's not good for anything else I will skip it, sure seems to be the concens
I would hold off until you know you will need it. Last month, I thought about sending mine to Amazon for $17, but decided to hold off.

Really hope there's some decent deals on Galaxy phones next week. I'd like to upgrade to the either the S7Edge or Note 5... and maybe get the Galaxy VR

Really hope there's some decent deals on Galaxy phones next week. I'd like to upgrade to the either the S7Edge or Note 5... and maybe get the Galaxy VR
Didn't they do a deal where you got the VR free with a GS7 for some time? My sister and her husband also just both got the GS7 from the ongoing B1G1 free deal. My sister's going to it from a Lumia ICON and has been lamenting Android for the past couple of days while also being glad to have more apps.

So I bought the PS Camera since it was on sale for $40, but upon further inspection and feedback from others, I'm thinking of taking it back. I wanted it for Face Scan in 2k16, but I heard it doesn't work well. Is there any reason to have a camera now, since I'm not planning on getting VR for another year or two.

Still better than the GameStop ad :lol:
tdgwm5k.gif

bread's done
Back