Best Buy - 3DS Game Sale - Fire Emblem: Awakening $29.99 + More

Is Fire Emblem that great of a deal, is it really hard to find or something? Is it not expected to dip down to $20 eventually? It just came out a few months ago so it seems like a fine deal for a fairly recent game, but $10 off didn't immediately strike me as amazing. Maybe there is something I'm missing.

It was backordered for a few months, it is one of the highest-rated games released this year, and this is the lowest that it has ever gotten. It barely dropped $5 a few days ago and now it dropped $10.

[quote name='msdmoney']Is Fire Emblem that great of a deal, is it really hard to find or something? Is it not expected to dip down to $20 eventually? It just came out a few months ago so it seems like a fine deal for a fairly recent game, but $10 off didn't immediately strike me as amazing. Maybe there is something I'm missing.[/QUOTE]

Apparently people say it's hard to find even though it's been readily available pretty much everywhere since it came out.

It's still readily available at my local stores and on amazon (999+ copies last time I checked), so I'm holding out for a lower price on FE.

[quote name='plasmabeam']How is MK7?

And has there been a better price on it?[/QUOTE]

I was disappointed. The courses don't have enough shortcuts, and there just isn't enough new. Online is kind of fun, but it could really use voice chat. I know that it has been $29.99 before, but I'm not sure if it's been lower. Maybe on eBay.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']I guess I am the only one who hates FE and dont get what all the hype is about. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Someone started spreading rumors of FE being hard to get. Fact of the matter is that its been readily available in almost every store since launch, those that dont have it are stores that stock only 2-5 copies of games, and even they tend to get restocked within a week.

You can still fire emblem games from years past without any problem either. Its just a rumor mill.

Game is great tho. But shouldnt be a problem to get it at 19.99$ later this year.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']I guess I am the only one who hates FE and dont get what all the hype is about. :roll:[/QUOTE]

This is more of a fanservice pack, than traditional FE. Tons of downloadable guests from previous games who have relatively little plot relevance.

[quote name='msdmoney']Is Fire Emblem that great of a deal, is it really hard to find or something? Is it not expected to dip down to $20 eventually? It just came out a few months ago so it seems like a fine deal for a fairly recent game, but $10 off didn't immediately strike me as amazing. Maybe there is something I'm missing.[/QUOTE]

Part of it's because it's a really solid game. The other part is that it's published by Nintendo and their more popular titles take a while to drop to $20. Some people seemed to get pretty excited by the fact that the game was recently available for just $5 off. It could very well hit $20 at some point later this year in a flash sale but I can't imagine it'd stay in stock for very long at that price. If Metroid Prime & Xenoblade has shown us anything it's that Nintendo's not afraid to occasionally pull a title well before the demand has been met.

[quote name='Chrushev']

You can still fire emblem games from years past without any problem either. Its just a rumor mill.
.[/QUOTE]

Where? Radiant dawn? Path of radiance? Even shadow dragon is tough to find at msrp.

Easy to find and cheap aren't the same thing.

[quote name='confoosious']Where? Radiant dawn? Path of radiance? Even shadow dragon is tough to find at msrp.

Easy to find and cheap aren't the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's in a location where people speak a pidgin.

[quote name='jza1218']Any thoughts on Scribblenauts Unlimited?[/QUOTE]

It's decent, but I sort of liked the level/menu layout style and sandbox of the first 2 better. This one actually includes a story and sort of lays everything out in an overworld with separate towns/areas where you talk to people to do quests for them and stuff (main star quests being the typical ones like the other games and some simpler partial-star quests often being really easy like just creating one object). Overall, so far, the quests have either been pretty simple or, occasionally, annoying because they aren't descriptive enough in what they're looking for.

It's also probably the first time in a Scribblenauts game where I've repeatedly found myself getting annoyed because of the limited vocabulary instead of impressed by all the stuff included...or, in some cases, being annoyed at words being removed because of censorship or keeping things kid-friendly.

That's not to say it's a bad game by any means...and it's probably worth the $20 (which is what I paid for it at a past Target sale). I just, personally, thought Super Scribblenauts was better.

[quote name='MR_E']It's decent, but I sort of liked the level/menu layout style and sandbox of the first 2 better. This one actually includes a story and sort of lays everything out in an overworld with separate towns/areas where you talk to people to do quests for them and stuff (main star quests being the typical ones like the other games and some simpler partial-star quests often being really easy like just creating one object). Overall, so far, the quests have either been pretty simple or, occasionally, annoying because they aren't descriptive enough in what they're looking for.

It's also probably the first time in a Scribblenauts game where I've repeatedly found myself getting annoyed because of the limited vocabulary instead of impressed by all the stuff included...or, in some cases, being annoyed at words being removed because of censorship or keeping things kid-friendly.

That's not to say it's a bad game by any means...and it's probably worth the $20 (which is what I paid for it at a past Target sale). I just, personally, thought Super Scribblenauts was better.[/QUOTE]

Off topic: I would get the Wii U version over the 3DS version as it is superior with the word builder.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']If i have a digital copy of 3d land is there a way i can transfer my saved game to the physical copy? Planning on getting 3d land for the collection. Thanks[/QUOTE]

No you can do a 1-time transfer from physical to digital via a Nintendo app but not the other way around.

I ordered my Awakening yesterday and the representative didn't want to give me the $5.

I got it in the end, but it took a very long time.

Picked up Mario Kart and Fire Emblem. Threw in a preorder for Animal Crossing for good measure...

it says not available for shipping on FE, in store pick up only?

EDIT: figured it out, got FE and Art academy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flameofdoom666']My $5 reward zone certificate won't apply.. wtf..[/QUOTE]

This can happen if you're trying to copy and paste it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']No you can do a 1-time transfer from physical to digital via a Nintendo app but not the other way around.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Ill gues il be sticking to my digital copy then and wait for a better physical copy deal on 3d land down the road.

Thanks OP, picked up Fire Emblem, I was sort of hoping to pick it up at $20 but that probably won't be for a long long long time.

I jumped on Mario Cart, OOT, and FE. I really wanted the DD for Kingdom Hearts but will be trying the in-stock option in store and PM at Target. :)

Was tempted on Scribblenauts.... but then remembered I'll be in a different country starting next Friday... Donkey Kong Country... heeey---oooh. Right guys? Guys?

My best buy had two FE's yesterday. Is it supposed to be rare later or something? I don't mind to pick one up. The demo seemed okay.

[quote name='bshirk']Castlevania is going to need a much bigger sale to move units.[/QUOTE]

Which is unfortunate cause I've heard nothing but good things about it. I may bite just to support it.

[quote name='plus1zero']My best buy had two FE's yesterday. Is it supposed to be rare later or something? I don't mind to pick one up. The demo seemed okay.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo is holding back on printing physical copies because they'd rather sell digital copies and get an increased profit margin. Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion both had been cleared out everywhere for a while after their respective releases.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Which is unfortunate cause I've heard nothing but good things about it. I may bite just to support it.[/QUOTE]

Just to support it? What have you heard? Pretty much all the people who said good things about it only played the demo and they never even bothered to buy the game!

Just go buy another God of War game.

I can honestly recommend skipping Castlevania MoF. My main complaint of the game is that it's far too forgiving on checkpoints, especially when it comes to boss fights. Each boss has several checkpoints, and if you happen to die after reaching one then the game will restart you on that section with full health. It completely takes out the challenge and satisfaction of defeating a boss.

It's understandable to cater the game to be more accessible to a casual audience, but not having the option to turn off the checkpoint system just makes the game explicitly too easy for more experienced gamers.

Secondly, a few of the boss fights are merely just quick time events, with very little to none duration of actual combat.

It truly is a shame because, regardless of game's beautiful art direction, and the 3D effect really adding dimension to the foreboding castle, the game implements checkpoints far too frequently.

[quote name='plus1zero']My best buy had two FE's yesterday. Is it supposed to be rare later or something? I don't mind to pick one up. The demo seemed okay.[/QUOTE]

nope, Fire Emblem has never been rare and never will be. Will always be able to pick up a used copy. And a sealed new copy wont appreciate at all simply for the fact that a year from now everyone that would want to play FE would have already played it and would have their own copy.

Its a niche game with not as big of a run as Call of Duty, this doesnt make it rare by any means. You can get it at almost any retailer any day and could do so since the day it launched.

[quote name='Chrushev']nope, Fire Emblem has never been rare and never will be. Will always be able to pick up a used copy. And a sealed new copy wont appreciate at all simply for the fact that a year from now everyone that would want to play FE would have already played it and would have their own copy.

Its a niche game with not as big of a run as Call of Duty, this doesnt make it rare by any means. You can get it at almost any retailer any day and could do so since the day it launched.[/QUOTE]

What is wrong with you? Weird agenda much?

No one is saying this is stadium events. But it's also not abundant. Unlike games you see overstocked to hell at every Walmart, this is fairly limited so that's why people don't think it will see a huge price drop anytime soon. Hence 30 is a good deal.

So please stop spreading your nonsense in this thread.

No, Crushev. It got backordered even at pre-order time. Just because you found some in your area doesn't mean that it wasn't difficult for others to find a copy. I got copies during the backorder period and I acknowledge that it was backordered and it was difficult for many people to find at a reasonable price.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']No, Crushev. It got backordered even at pre-order time. Just because you found some in your area doesn't mean that it wasn't difficult for others to find a copy. I got copies during the backorder period and I acknowledge that it was backordered and it was difficult for many people to find at a reasonable price.[/QUOTE]

Just because it was on backorder for 1 week does not make it rare. All it means that the demand was higher than anticipated.

Outside of that 1 week every retailer has it. You can get it online, you can get it at best buy, you can get it at Target, Walmart, Gamestop... list goes on and on.

and gamestops are in EVERY AREA...

at this point almost everyone that is into Fire Emblem has a copy, and perhaps even 2 or 3 because of false believe that they are worth something.

I stand by my point.

[quote name='confoosious']What is wrong with you? Weird agenda much?

No one is saying this is stadium events. But it's also not abundant. Unlike games you see overstocked to hell at every Walmart, this is fairly limited so that's why people don't think it will see a huge price drop anytime soon. Hence 30 is a good deal.

So please stop spreading your nonsense in this thread.[/QUOTE]

No agenda. I just answered the man's question. It wont ever be rare. Simple as that.

Not to mention that even 20 years from now when plastic is banned from the world (i kid ofcourse)... but lets pretend no physical copies exist... you will always be able to grab it from eShop for a song from the comfort of your couch... you will be lucky to get original retail price of $40 for it at that point when it will be readily available in digital format for $4.99 on WiiZ Virtual Console and Nitnendo 5DS.

As far as a good deal is concerned... if you can get it for 25$, 30$ is not a good deal. Now on the other hand a few weeks back Best Buy had Mario Sticker star for 19.99.. while used copies were 25$ and new copies before/after that are 39.99... that is a good deal!

[quote name='Chrushev']No agenda. I just answered the man's question. It wont ever be rare. Simple as that.

As far as a good deal is concerned... if you can get it for 25$, 30$ is not a good deal. Now on the other hand a few weeks back Best Buy had Mario Sticker star for 19.99.. while used copies were 25$ and new copies before/after that are 39.99... that is a good deal![/QUOTE]

For the last time, used != new. Sheesh.

crush ur a dumba** this game is rare i was at lakeforest mall and a week after t come out i buyed a copy at gmestop and it was card only wat a rip off i need 2 get a new copy since i losed the game n e way so i went 2 best buy and they had only 2 left. u r prob jus 1 of those hoard a**hole that want 2 get rich wel guess wat i will expose u so stop posting here !!!

[quote name='AmpEnergy']crush ur a dumba** this game is rare i was at lakeforest mall and a week after t come out i buyed a copy at gmestop and it was card only wat a rip off i need 2 get a new copy since i losed the game n e way so i went 2 best buy and they had only 2 left. u r prob jus 1 of those hoard a**hole that want 2 get rich wel guess wat i will expose u so stop posting here !!![/QUOTE]

Nice ENGRISH...

if you want a new copy, then buy it at any retailer near you...almost every store has many copies in stock... you can even order it from Best Buy for 30$ right now! Ponder that!

[quote name='Chrushev']nope, Fire Emblem has never been rare and never will be. Will always be able to pick up a used copy. And a sealed new copy wont appreciate at all simply for the fact that a year from now everyone that would want to play FE would have already played it and would have their own copy.

Its a niche game with not as big of a run as Call of Duty, this doesnt make it rare by any means. You can get it at almost any retailer any day and could do so since the day it launched.[/QUOTE]

so much wrong.

During release week, only one Gamestop that I know of had a non preorder copy available. It wasn't until the end of Feb until I saw a physical copy on the shelf at Bestbuy (2 copies at one store and 3 at another. none at the other 4 stores).

This game was somewhat rare for most of February. I'd say it was not "rare" as when Pokemon Conquest came out.

of the dozen plus gamestops in my area, only 3 had the game used when I checked (only 2 stores when I went searching about 2 months ago). Only one store had a (Gamestop) new copy. Maybe 4-5 stores since have display cases with a new sticker suggesting there are new copies.

On the Wed/Thurs before Target had b2g1 sale, there were about 14-16 copies of the game. That Sunday I did not see any FEs. That store has about 6 copies when I last checked last week.

I've seen 2-4 copies at 3 Bestbuys in the past 3 weeks. Haven't checked the other stores. For comparison only two stores had MHU and it was.

Hell I know Nintendo World also had some stock issues. Last week there were maybe 12-16 copies on the shelf (likely more in the back) but again this store is suppose to have the most stock.

The fact of the matter is, the game is not rare but is definitely uncommon. It'll probably sell for around $60 (a bit higher than the prices on ebay during release) in 3-4 years.

[quote name='confoosious']For the last time, used != new. Sheesh.[/QUOTE]

Sticker star was new and selaed for 19.99$... that is a good deal.

[quote name='Chrushev']Sticker star was new and selaed for 19.99$... that is a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about Fire Emblem and how you insist that because it can be found used for $25 that new at $30 isn't a good deal.

You are failing so much I wonder if you're just trolling is at this point.

bread's done
Back