Best Buy Ad 1/14-1/20

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases:

• :ps4: Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition $39.99 (Available Tuesday)
  • :switch: Rocket League: Collector's Edition $39.99 (Available Tuesday)
  • :ps4: Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory $59.99 (Available Friday)
  • :3ds: Kirby: Battle Royale $39.99 (Available Friday)
Game Deals:

• :xb1: :ps4: FIFA 18 $39.99 Save $20
  • :xb1: :ps4: Borderlands: The Handsome Collection $14.99 Save $15
  • :3ds: Mario Kart 7 $19.99 Save $10
  • :3ds: New Super Mario Bros 2 $19.99 Save $10
  • :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land $19.99 Save $10
  • :3ds: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga $29.99 Save $10
Xbox:

• Xbox One S 1TB Starter Bundle $299.99 (Includes 3-Months of Xbox Live and 3-Months of Xbox Game Pass)
  • Save $10 on select Xbox One Wireless Controllers
  • Buy 3 Months of Xbox Live and get 3 Months Free
  • Power A Xbox One Dual Charging Station $24.99 Save $5
Switch:

• Nintendo Switch 32GB Console $299.99
  • Nintendo Switch Starter Kit $19.99 Save $5
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Blade Runner 2049 $24.99
  • Blade Runner 2049 Only @ BB Steelbook $29.99
  • Blade Runner 2049 4K $29.99
  • Blade Runner 2049 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $34.99
  • Blade Runner 2049 3D Only @ BB $29.99
  • Happy Death Day $19.99 Save $5
  • The Snowman $19.99 Save $5
  • Better Call Saul: Season Three $29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
NiZbBS7.jpg

I’m honestly overwhelmed with the HD+ market, and when I went to BBY today I asked the salesman
He was clueless

Something like “well there’s 3 main big players, Samsung, Sony and Lg, now OLEDis best for picture/LG, Sony is best for color with under 4K, and the newest samsung qled is best overall in color and motion but it’s not supported yet by a lot of media”

So he said Samsung is best but it’s useless since nothing is out except demo videos, and OLED is amazing if you want great picture but to see true black”...??..... like I don’t get why you would want to, but apparently a lot of AVS [forum] junkies like their black blakc(how I like my women...and coffee ,rimshot lol, sorry corny)..., but for price Sony UHD 4K was Best price and had great viewing angles

Thing is BARELY anything is giranteed support for the BEST tech specs....u know like a Alienware or silicon graphics machine running windows 2000....or w/e

I think even ps4 pro only needs like a $400 screen now.. but then what do you do with all the extra? And upscalinf is not the answer lol

Anyway just curious what/why you got what you chose?which model

Was the BBY guy right?

(PS got splatoon 2 for switch for $40@BBY today so anyone please add me on Nintendo network)

I’m honestly overwhelmed with the HD+ market, and when I went to BBY today I asked the salesman
He was clueless
Something like “well there’s 3 main big players, Samsung, Sony and Lg, now OLEDis best for picture/LG, Sony is best for color with under 4K, and the newest samsung qled is best overall in color and motion but it’s not supported yet by a lot of media”
So he said Samsung is best but it’s useless since nothing is out except demo videos, and OLED is amazing if you want great picture but to see true black”...??..... like I don’t get why you would want to, but apparently a lot of AVS [forum] junkies like their black blakc(how I like my women...and coffee ,rimshot lol, sorry corny)..., but for price Sony UHD 4K was Best price and had great viewing angles
Thing is BARELY anything is giranteed support for the BEST tech specs....u know like a Alienware or silicon graphics machine running windows 2000....or w/e
I think even ps4 pro only needs like a $400 screen now.. but then what do you do with all the extra? And upscalinf is not the answer lol
Anyway just curious what/why you got what you chose?which model
Was the BBY guy right?
(PS got splatoon 2 for switch for $40@BBY today so anyone please add me on Nintendo network)
Check out rtings.com for some info on TVs. While he might be right about major brand of TVs. But I do believe TCL has been moving it’s way up. Some lcds like the Sony Models mentioned, some people think the picture quality is comparable to an OLED. IMO if your considering getting a 4K tv, your better off making sure it at least has HDR. I have the Sony 900e and it actually does upscaling pretty well. Most reviews say the major negative with it is the viewing angles and that worried me before I purchased it. Honestly though I have zero problems with viewing from a slight angle.

on the topics of 4K TV's, Any reason to spring for the 120Hz model of the Sony 900 series vs the 800 series 60Hz? XBR55X900E vs XBR55X800E are the model #'s I'm considering, both are 55" screens.

Neither the PS4 or Xbox One can do 120Hz so is there any reason to drop the extra $200 for the 120Hz? 

on the topics of 4K TV's, Any reason to spring for the 120Hz model of the Sony 900 series vs the 800 series 60Hz? XBR55X900E vs XBR55X800E are the model #'s I'm considering, both are 55" screens.

Neither the PS4 or Xbox One can do 120Hz so is there any reason to drop the extra $200 for the 120Hz?
I'd drop the extra $200 for the very large increase in picture quality.

Yeah like the other person had said drop the 200 and you will get a much better television with the 900e, that television for alot of people was by far the best value for dollar television of the year, especially so now with the sale goin on .

Convenient how the prices for Nier and Persona 5 change back the day before the discount codes arrive.
Well not convenient at all for us only for best buy, fortunately for me i was able to get them both at the cheaper cost , you snoozed on both or you were waiting on your certificates and taking chance ?

Yeah like the other person had said drop the 200 and you will get a much better television with the 900e, that television for alot of people was by far the best value for dollar television of the year, especially so now with the sale goin on .
Appreciate all the tips here. Guess I might be going the Sony route after having a Samsung for years. I still have older systems plugged into my TV and am not a fan of that newer Samsung dongle thingy for component inputs on their TV's right now. Any issues with that?

Check out rtings.com for some info on TVs. While he might be right about major brand of TVs. But I do believe TCL has been moving it’s way up. Some lcds like the Sony Models mentioned, some people think the picture quality is comparable to an OLED. IMO if your considering getting a 4K tv, your better off making sure it at least has HDR. I have the Sony 900e and it actually does upscaling pretty well. Most reviews say the major negative with it is the viewing angles and that worried me before I purchased it. Honestly though I have zero problems with viewing from a slight angle.
thx
Do you find it worth the extra graphic capability/quality, or its still early/yet to be seen with more titles? I’m honestly very satisfied with blu Ray , even 720p is ok to me....I am always impressed and amazed with new tech tho. Especially the OLED vs qled thing atm.....

If you were to gamble as it kinda seems you have to when picking technology these days, meaning you’ll only know in 2years If a product will get enough 3rd party attention to flourish or develop fully. Would you go with OLED qled or just a hdr and hold out till the battle is over (like HD vs Blu-ray)?

thx
Do you find it worth the extra graphic capability/quality, or its still early/yet to be seen with more titles? I’m honestly very satisfied with blu Ray , even 720p is ok to me....I am always impressed and amazed with new tech tho. Especially the OLED vs qled thing atm.....

If you were to gamble as it kinda seems you have to when picking technology these days, meaning you’ll only know in 2years If a product will get enough 3rd party attention to flourish or develop fully. Would you go with OLED qled or just a hdr and hold out till the battle is over (like HD vs Blu-ray)?
The Best Buy rep fed you a line of shit. QLED is not quite as good as OLED, because, well, it's not emissive like OLED. So as you mentioned the blacks won't be true black; it makes a bit of difference with HDR, which is all about contrast. That said, the QLEDs have gotten good reviews, but you're paying for Samsung's name there.

OLED has excellent color from any viewing angle, the input lag has been very good the past few years and LG is basically the sole panel provider. Even if you buy a Sony OLED, you're getting an LG panel. The fear there for some is image retention and burn in. I have an LG OLED, and image retention is there, but it goes away almost immediately. Best TV I've ever owned.

There's plenty of 4k support now, particularly ingaming, video streaming and physical media. Cable not so much, but it always takes them longer to adopt new higher resolutions. Best Buy guy was talking out his ass.

Also, Sony works magic with their edge-lits. So you'd likely be safe there too.

Where were you able to pull this from?

Offer valid 12/3/17–12/16/17 on BestBuy.com orders with Store Pickup items totaling $10 or more (before taxes and shipping costs). Limit of 3 qualified transactions (limit of $30 in savings codes) during the promotional period. Limit 1 savings code per customer per transaction. Valid e-mail address must be provided when ordering to receive savings code. Savings code(s) will be e-mailed starting on 1/14/18 and are valid through 2/3/18. Savings code(s) may be redeemed online or in store. Not valid if your order is canceled, your item(s) are returned, or on item(s) that are not available for Store Pickup. Products from the following brands are excluded from this Store Pickup offer: Bose®, Boston Acoustics, Breville, Electrolux, Google, Leap, Sonos, and Wacom. In addition, select televisions, sound bars and Blu-ray players from Samsung, Sony and LG, the Dyson Supersonic, select projectors, select Beats by Dr. Dre, and select headphones and portable speakers by Sony are excluded from the offer.

:eek: the power of copy and paste.

What are your thoughts on Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX $19.99?

My experience with Kingdom Hearts is limited to finishing the original KH.

The Best Buy rep fed you a line of shit. QLED is not quite as good as OLED, because, well, it's not emissive like OLED. So as you mentioned the blacks won't be true black; it makes a bit of difference with HDR, which is all about contrast. That said, the QLEDs have gotten good reviews, but you're paying for Samsung's name there.

OLED has excellent color from any viewing angle, the input lag has been very good the past few years and LG is basically the sole panel provider. Even if you buy a Sony OLED, you're getting an LG panel. The fear there for some is image retention and burn in. I have an LG OLED, and image retention is there, but it goes away almost immediately. Best TV I've ever owned.

There's plenty of 4k support now, particularly ingaming, video streaming and physical media. Cable not so much, but it always takes them longer to adopt new higher resolutions. Best Buy guy was talking out his ass.

Also, Sony works magic with their edge-lits. So you'd likely be safe there too.
Than,s . I feel like you after seeing the, in person, hearing the bs, and reading myself...which is why I asked the way I did

I feel LG is the clear winner this time, and while Samsung is just as good in terms of quality, the LG is a sure bet and cheaper....so I’m wit u on that

I feel, like this now , is similar to the 3D Samsung’s a few years back, it was Sony vs Samsung and Samsung won but then 3D support died so so many have $3000 sets now worth less than 700....so I’d hate to get a format that isn’t. Just obsolete from dated technology but because of lack of development u know

Thx for reply

What are your thoughts on Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX $19.99?

My experience with Kingdom Hearts is limited to finishing the original KH.
You get a whole lot of bang for your buck. And it runs like a dream. I bought it at $30 and would again.

After 3 calls (got “disconnected” twice) and almost an hour on the phone, I have a physical $50 gift card on the way for my inconvenience and not receiving my savings codes. I’ll take it

thx
I believe the Sony really shines when upscalong a blu Ray. You don’t get hdr, but it makes it look better than on a 1080 tv. I think OLED will most likely being the future, but it still has some issues. With burn in being something that can happen, it’s hard to recommend the current state for gaming.

There’s also different types of hdr and not all panels do every type. The Sony 900e does hdr10(which is the current standard) and it can also do hgl(which is only used by directv current). From my understanding even if content has Dolby Visual, it has hdr10 also.

Another thing I want to point out about the 900e, not sure if it’s the same on the other models. Of the 4 HDMI slots on the tv, only 2 & 3 are full bandwidth. Meaning an hdr source can’t work on HDMI slots 1 & 4. This isn’t a problem for me and a HDMI Switch could add more if needed.

I believe the Sony really shines when upscalong a blu Ray. You don’t get hdr, but it makes it look better than on a 1080 tv. I think OLED will most likely being the future, but it still has some issues. With burn in being something that can happen, it’s hard to recommend the current state for gaming.

There’s also different types of hdr and not all panels do every type. The Sony 900e does hdr10(which is the current standard) and it can also do hgl(which is only used by directv current). From my understanding even if content has Dolby Visual, it has hdr10 also.

Another thing I want to point out about the 900e, not sure if it’s the same on the other models. Of the 4 HDMI slots on the tv, only 2 & 3 are full bandwidth. Meaning an hdr source can’t work on HDMI slots 1 & 4. This isn’t a problem for me and a HDMI Switch could add more if needed.
I really think you'd have to abuse an OLED to get burn in. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but it was tough to do at the tail end of plasma, and I think it's even tougher now with OLED. That said, I wouldn't fault anyone for waiting on the tech a couple more years. To each their own!

I really think you'd have to abuse an OLED to get burn in. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but it was tough to do at the tail end of plasma, and I think it's even tougher now with OLED. That said, I wouldn't fault anyone for waiting on the tech a couple more years. To each their own!
As a gamer, it just makes me worried with having a hud displayed for a game for hours.

Edit: Again I want to point out a lot of people think the Sony lcds are similar to the lower end oleds in terms of picture quality.

As a gamer, it just makes me worried with having a hud displayed for a game for hours.
I feel your pain. I babied the hell out of my old plasma. It was insane. Decided not to do that with my OLED. I've played hours upon hours of Rocket League, Halo, etc. And there is some image retention, but it always disappears almost immediately. Some people even use them as PC monitors (I'm not that crazy, ha ha).

Edit: Again I want to point out a lot of people think the Sony lcds are similar to the lower end oleds in terms of picture quality.
I have a bad habit of turning on my Xbox and leaving it running for prolonged periods of time while I dick about. I'd cry if I walked in on the set I spent 1700 on with irreversible burn-in. Its the same reason I avoided plasma.

I have a bad habit of turning on my Xbox and leaving it running for prolonged periods of time while I dick about. I'd cry if I walked in on the set I spent 1700 on with irreversible burn-in. Its the same reason I avoided plasma.
Microsoft created a new screen protection for that very reason. It scrolls a bar across the TV so there's not a static image for a prolonged period.

Lol, I'm really not trying to White Knight for OLED, but I feel it already gets a burn in rap that's unwarranted.

To be fair Sony always had great software /hardware integration and their upscaling is best I’ve seen
It’s just hard to imagine (also, it’s KINDA counter intuitive in a way, having such high res and pixelation and then using a medium inferior to its ability and then enhancing it to be up to par) something [besides a game] looking much better than 4K or uhd (whatever the one level down , 4K....) if it’s like 480p DVD’s upscled to 1080p , by Sony devices, it was nice but not worth the price I paid for some h/w :):smh at the thought..3D glasse, worst or all lol)

but that’s just one (apprehensive/cynical sounding) dudes opinion /experience lol no biggie. Ur info is helpful tho

I have an older Samsung lcd that was left for hours and hours on the Netflix start up screen(where you select the user). When watching darker scenes, you can see the 5 squares going across the screen.

Like someone else said, Xbox added a screensaver sort of thing that shows tips and tricks on the screen if left unintended.

The only real issue I’m currently having is with AC Origins on my PS4 pro. They have an hdr settings feature and it’s difficult to sync in. Wish it just worked like with Uncharted or Horizon. Sometimes it looks amazing and other times I feel I have to adjust the settings.

This is instantly my favorite of those Best Buy versus Anyone memes.
I only watch Football during playoffs and that game was insane.
Possibly best game ever for whoever was there in person
BTW, that Saints guy should be fired but maybe the shame is enough, maybe

Is Hitman worth it without the GOTY upgrade?  Or is it worth waiting for a sale on the GOTY edition?  I don't believe there is a physical release of the GOTY edition if I'm not mistaken.

Question for you guys who have the Sony X900E what settings are you using for the best quality for gaming and watching 4K or Blu-Ray movies? I've been tweaking my setttings for the last few weeks and using info from the CNET settings but haven't found the perfect picture that works for the majority of everything. For instance I think Assassin's Creed Origins on the Xbox One X looks amazing but Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4 Pro isn't as outstanding as I would have thought even having played the game before I got the Sony 4K TV. I've made sure all the settings in the game and on the PS4 Pro are correct as well. If you have any settings you recommend I'm all ears. Thanks.

Question for you guys who have the Sony X900E what settings are you using for the best quality for gaming and watching 4K or Blu-Ray movies? I've been tweaking my setttings for the last few weeks and using info from the CNET settings but haven't found the perfect picture that works for the majority of everything. For instance I think Assassin's Creed Origins on the Xbox One X looks amazing but Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4 Pro isn't as outstanding as I would have thought even having played the game before I got the Sony 4K TV. I've made sure all the settings in the game and on the PS4 Pro are correct as well. If you have any settings you recommend I'm all ears. Thanks.
I used the settings provided by Rtings and it worked well for my living lighting which is dark. Let me see if I can find it.

Here it is: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900e/settings

Give it a try and maybe adjust the brightness depending on your room lighting. I kept mine at 4 since my living room is dark mostly. HDR pretty much blinds me lol.

Ohyea you may have already done this but make sure HDMI enhanced is enabled from the android TV settings and only HDMI 2 and 3 are capable of HDR.

Didn't get my codes. Called to complain and am now getting a $50 gift card in ten days!! Thanks Best Buy!
What number did you call? Was kinda odd that I didn't get an answer last I called.
I still haven't received my $30 certificates yet either and wasn't sure which method would be the best way.

Didn't get my codes. Called to complain and am now getting a $50 gift card in ten days!! Thanks Best Buy!
really, nice score.
Here’s my issue, I had a reward certificate that I used, but then returned the item reissued coincidental.h this week(to clarify, I had $10 reward card, issued 9/17,used it and returns item that week but the points weren’t reapplied to acounr, and I just remembered )

So u think they’ll see a conflict or like they Already gave it to me because they reissue my lost reward pts?

HLTB says the game is only 5 1/2 hours long. Is that accurate? Anyone who's played it recommend?
2.8 consists of a full game, a demo-game (think Ground Zeroes), and a CGI movie. That sounds like an estimate for the demo-game.

1.5+2.5 is by far the better value as far as hours go. It's not uncommon to break 200 or even more with that.

Give em' a call. See if they'll go for it. Worse comes to worse, they don't.  Though I imagine they've had enough people calling in about these promo codes that they're not going to scrutinize too much.  Just be pleasant and respectful and ask them for help with fixing your issue.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V94Putlxki2Ww7Tlm1eB6msNG5mmoSDTDbY_X4DfiZI/htmlview

This is a spreadsheet that has multiple setting configurations. Just remember all displays and living environments are different. So what works for you might not work for someone else. This spreadsheet was compiled from someone on the AVSForums. Like someone else mentioned, make sure your PS4 pro is in HDMI 2 or 3 and you turned on Enhanced under the tv HDMI settings. Also for Picture Mode put it on Game(this reduces input lag).

What’s the in game hdr settings/brightness your using for AC Origins? I’m constantly playing with them and can’t seem to find something that I’m amazed with. It either looks great during game night time and bad during the day or vice versa. Really wish it was just set like in Uncharted or Horizon.

really, nice score.
Here’s my issue, I had a reward certificate that I used, but then returned the item reissued coincidental.h this week(to clarify, I had $10 reward card, issued 9/17,used it and returns item that week but the points weren’t reapplied to acounr, and I just remembered )

So u think they’ll see a conflict or like they Already gave it to me because they reissue my lost reward pts?
Give em' a call. See if they'll go for it. Worse comes to worse, they don't. Though I imagine they've had enough people calling in about these promo codes that they're not going to scrutinize too much. Just be pleasant and respectful and ask them for help with fixing your issue.

I used the settings provided by Rtings and it worked well for my living lighting which is dark. Let me see if I can find it.
Here it is: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900e/settings
Give it a try and maybe adjust the brightness depending on your room lighting. I kept mine at 4 since my living room is dark mostly. HDR pretty much blinds me lol.
Ohyea you may have already done this but make sure HDMI enhanced is enabled from the android TV settings and only HDMI 2 and 3 are capable of HDR.
Thanks those are the settings I followed from that article and yep I'm using HDMI 2 in enchancded mode. I see another person posted a google doc with settings so I'll check them out as well.

Than,s . I feel like you after seeing the, in person, hearing the bs, and reading myself...which is why I asked the way I did

I feel LG is the clear winner this time, and while Samsung is just as good in terms of quality, the LG is a sure bet and cheaper....so I’m wit u on that

I feel, like this now , is similar to the 3D Samsung’s a few years back, it was Sony vs Samsung and Samsung won but then 3D support died so so many have $3000 sets now worth less than 700....so I’d hate to get a format that isn’t. Just obsolete from dated technology but because of lack of development u know

Thx for reply
I doubt I'll ever get a Sony again after what happened to me the last time, I was fortunate enough to get my money back from Sony but it was a hassle. After I got my money back I bought a Samsung, I wish I had the chance to buy the LG G6P before they got discontinued by I'm fine with the Samsung. I just wish they didn't kill off 3D in displays, I may have to get a projector later on down the road, I have a ton of 3D movies.

This is what happened with my Sony, it got a lot worst than that, it became unwatchable, the problems literally started almost a year to the day that I purchased in store.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V94Putlxki2Ww7Tlm1eB6msNG5mmoSDTDbY_X4DfiZI/htmlview
This is a spreadsheet that has multiple setting configurations. Just remember all displays and living environments are different. So what works for you might not work for someone else. This spreadsheet was compiled from someone on the AVSForums. Like someone else mentioned, make sure your PS4 pro is in HDMI 2 or 3 and you turned on Enhanced under the tv HDMI settings. Also for Picture Mode put it on Game(this reduces input lag).
What’s the in game hdr settings/brightness your using for AC Origins? I’m constantly playing with them and can’t seem to find something that I’m amazed with. It either looks great during game night time and bad during the day or vice versa. Really wish it was just set like in Uncharted or Horizon.
Thanks I'll check that spreadsheet out. I've been using game mode for all my gaming as I think it's definitely brighter so that works well for me. Alll the other settings you mentioned I have matched up. I'd have to check my Origins game but I'm pretty positive I have both of the settings in there turned all the way up to the highest you can go. Though I predominately play at night time so I prefer it brighter on the screen.

I doubt I'll ever get a Sony again after what happened to me the last time, I was fortunate enough to get my money back from Sony but it was a hassle. After I got my money back I bought a Samsung, I wish I had the chance to buy the LG G6P before they got discontinued by I'm fine with the Samsung. I just wish they didn't kill off 3D in displays, I may have to get a projector later on down the road, I have a ton of 3D movies.

This is what happened with my Sony, it got a lot worst than that, it became unwatchable, the problems literally started almost a year to the day that I purchased in store.
What model was that?

For what it’s worh i used to be Sony only
I am (was) a young guy from the late 90s-early 2000 nyc so I grew up with everyone who has any juice or respect had Sony ....whatever it is

If there was a sneaker or clothing brand by Sony, that’s what they would’ve worn lol that’s how seriously embedded a SONY ONLY mantra was in my head, to the point that when PlayStation came out, I can sadly admit I turned my back completely on Nintendo (until 2018/switch, they finally revitalized the true spirit of console gaming from 1984 with this hit )..... everything Sony , even bought 3 Sony PlayStation 3D TVs ...(and by the way, before ultra hd/4K, i would have said the best picture I’ve ever seen wss tbat 27” display

Needless to say,when I got ps3, I started returning to console gaming after a near decade long hiatus , during which Samsung became the absolute definitive leader in visual tech. Sony was falling behind LG at this point (so this was early 2010s), and Samsung became #1..... and for nearly EVERY thing you could buy in Best Buy

lg never stopped though, and now it’s a very fair comparison to say LG is on par if not has begun to surpass Samsung in terms of product, value, cost,and general quality. I think we’ll soon see a shift in BBY, with competitive sales between the two.

And now that switch is taking on ps4, it’s only American to have strong competition in a market that needs to be tough for it to stay creative, fresh, adaptive and fun!

So That’s just my 2 cents, And In a way a reminder to myself not to brand whore so quickly again, as now I’m ALL Nintendo , so ........lol anyway, than,s for sharing and explaining your experience

bread's done
Back