Best Buy Ad 1/14-1/20

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases:

• :ps4: Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition $39.99 (Available Tuesday)
  • :switch: Rocket League: Collector's Edition $39.99 (Available Tuesday)
  • :ps4: Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory $59.99 (Available Friday)
  • :3ds: Kirby: Battle Royale $39.99 (Available Friday)
Game Deals:

• :xb1: :ps4: FIFA 18 $39.99 Save $20
  • :xb1: :ps4: Borderlands: The Handsome Collection $14.99 Save $15
  • :3ds: Mario Kart 7 $19.99 Save $10
  • :3ds: New Super Mario Bros 2 $19.99 Save $10
  • :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land $19.99 Save $10
  • :3ds: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga $29.99 Save $10
Xbox:

• Xbox One S 1TB Starter Bundle $299.99 (Includes 3-Months of Xbox Live and 3-Months of Xbox Game Pass)
  • Save $10 on select Xbox One Wireless Controllers
  • Buy 3 Months of Xbox Live and get 3 Months Free
  • Power A Xbox One Dual Charging Station $24.99 Save $5
Switch:

• Nintendo Switch 32GB Console $299.99
  • Nintendo Switch Starter Kit $19.99 Save $5
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Blade Runner 2049 $24.99
  • Blade Runner 2049 Only @ BB Steelbook $29.99
  • Blade Runner 2049 4K $29.99
  • Blade Runner 2049 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $34.99
  • Blade Runner 2049 3D Only @ BB $29.99
  • Happy Death Day $19.99 Save $5
  • The Snowman $19.99 Save $5
  • Better Call Saul: Season Three $29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
which of the mario games is worth it the most? I already have Mario Kart, Smash and 3D Land
I Went with Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. I Own and played the original version on the Game Boy Advance and enjoyed it and good writing and the timing based combat system is easily my favorite of any turn based RPG.

Anyone here with a 900E, is the 34ms input lag really noticeable if I've always gamed on an LED anyway? Like I'm most concerned about PvP stuff like Rainbow Six Siege and Gears 4 with the wall bouncing and strafing. Does it feel pretty responsive? I don't plan on going pro or anything but I do like to play competitively for fun.
I got my 900e right before Black Friday and love it. Haven’t noticed any lag. My last tv was an LG lcd that was 10 years old.

that's good to hear. Do you play much multiplayer? I'm mostly concerned about how much it'll affect pvp stuff. I don't want to feel like I press a button and it takes a noticeably long time to register.
welp, forget about this. The 930E is on sale for $1499, and I have $600 of BB credit burning a hole in my pocket, so I'm going with that one instead. I've seen both of these sets side by side and the 930 is an objectively better looking TV.

Unconfirmed but these are being featured along with the new Kirby and Mario Kart 7 and might also be $10 off:

• :3ds: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • :3ds: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • :3ds: Pokemon Ultra Moon
  • :3ds: Pokemon Ultra Sun
  • :3ds: Mario Party: The Top 100
  • :3ds: Metroid: Samus Returns
  • :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • :3ds: Super Smash Bros 3DS
Darn. Was holding out hope for Majora's Mask. =(

Cheapest 55" with HDR in the ad is the Samsung MU8000 for $899.99.
Tyrok,

Do these Samsungs come with the Component input dongle/adapter? I have some older gaming systems I'd like to keep connected to a new TV and was wondering how well they work with that & if it affects it in anyway?

Appreciate your help and advice in this thread!

Offer valid 12/3/17–12/16/17 on BestBuy.com orders with Store Pickup items totaling $10 or more (before taxes and shipping costs). Limit of 3 qualified transactions (limit of $30 in savings codes) during the promotional period. Limit 1 savings code per customer per transaction. Valid e-mail address must be provided when ordering to receive savings code. Savings code(s) will be e-mailed starting on 1/14/18 and are valid through 2/3/18. Savings code(s) may be redeemed online or in store. Not valid if your order is canceled, your item(s) are returned, or on item(s) that are not available for Store Pickup. Products from the following brands are excluded from this Store Pickup offer: Bose®, Boston Acoustics, Breville, Electrolux, Google, Leap, Sonos, and Wacom. In addition, select televisions, sound bars and Blu-ray players from Samsung, Sony and LG, the Dyson Supersonic, select projectors, select Beats by Dr. Dre, and select headphones and portable speakers by Sony are excluded from the offer.

:eek: the power of copy and paste.

Has anyone received their $10 codes yet? Last time they sent them at 12:01am est on the dot. For reference, that was the time they were all broken but were replaced the next day.

Has anyone received their $10 codes yet? Last time they sent them at 12:01am est on the dot. For reference, that was the time they were all broken but were replaced the next day.
the wording of the fine print says that they go out starting today. :( I think that means some of us may be in for a bit of a wait.

This is missing some deals, including Bioshock Collection for 20 and Mafia 3 for 15...total like 28 bucks after GCU yay :)

Also who is buying a movie for $35

I’ll give them a call at some point later. Seeing as how there is a set expiration date for these codes, sooner is preferred over later.
I'm calling in now. They got me on hold cuz they can't explain why I haven't gotten my $30 yet. Waiting on the manager.

Edit: he says the digital team is sending them out at random. Now he's transferring me to them.

Edit2: 17 Mins on the phone so far. digital team got me on hold to verify my purchases. I'm gonna go put some pants on.

Edit 3: 22 mins in. Still on hold. Gonna put a load of laundry in the machine.

Edit4: 26 mins in they said they'll call me back within an hour as they need to review my purchases.

I tried the online chat:

Good morning, I'll be more than willing to assist you with your inquiries about the promotional offer. With regards to that yes you will be receiving the code starting today January 14, 2018 and it is valid until February 3, 2018.

14-Jan 10:56 AM
EricksonC : Now we are on the process of distributing or sending a notification for it and we highly encourage to check your email from time to time and thank you for your interest with our services. We will do our best that you will get within the day.

14-Jan 10:57 AM

You : do you have any idea when? I am very anxious to make purchase, but am waiting for code

14-Jan 10:57 AM

EricksonC : Oh yes as one of our valued customer you will be our top most priority. That will be within today since we indicated it on the email provided. How I wish I can provide the specific time frame and I am excited for you to have it!

14-Jan 10:58 AM

You : ok thanks, I guess I will just keep checking my email

14-Jan 10:59 AM

EricksonC : In case you had not been able to get it within the day please don't hesitate to contact us back through our Customer Care Support at 1-888-237-8289.

You : thank you sir

EricksonC : You're welcome, it's my pleasure to assist you on this matter. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

I'm calling in now. They got me on hold cuz they can't explain why I haven't gotten my $30 yet. Waiting on the manager.

Edit: he says the digital team is sending them out at random. Now he's transferring me to them.

Edit2: 17 Mins on the phone so far. digital team got me on hold to verify my purchases. I'm gonna go put some pants on.

Edit 3: 22 mins in. Still on hold. Gonna put a load of laundry in the machine.

Edit4: 26 mins in they said they'll call me back within an hour as they need to review my purchases.
Well, don't keep us in suspense.....how did the laundry come out? Was everything clean? Were there any troublesome stains?

welp, forget about this. The 930E is on sale for $1499, and I have $600 of BB credit burning a hole in my pocket, so I'm going with that one instead. I've seen both of these sets side by side and the 930 is an objectively better looking TV.
Well i know that a quality tv will generally have more weight but hot damm that 930e weighs over 71 pounds for a 55 inch, a comparison a normal 55 inch weighs between 30 to 40 pounds at most, what are they putting bricks in that television dam.

I looked at the 930e also but it’s edge lit.

I’ve actually have only been playing AC Origins since I got the tv. But from what I read the 900e with 31ms is on the lower end of input lag. Most reviews say unless your a pro gamer, you won’t even notice it.

The 930 is supposed to get DV later this month by way of a firmware update. So I guess that’s another plus for that.

Edit: With ces just ending and Sony announcing an updated version of the 900, it might be better to wait though.

Personally I’m waiting for the HTCT800 soundbar to go back on sale for 299, I missed it last time.

BB Chat wasn't too helpful.  Did point out the codes will be sent starting today.  I'll give it a week or so and see if they come.  If not, I'll write/call them back.

I looked at the 930e also but it’s edge lit.

I’ve actually have only been playing AC Origins since I got the tv. But from what I read the 900e with 31ms is on the lower end of input lag. Most reviews say unless your a pro gamer, you won’t even notice it.
31? RTings says its 34. Have I been lied to my entire life??

and the 930 is edge lit, but its supposedly a different kind of edge lit. I'm not a techie by any means but many reviews say its superior to the 900E.

31? RTings says its 34. Have I been lied to my entire life??

and the 930 is edge lit, but its supposedly a different kind of edge lit. I'm not a techie by any means but many reviews say its superior to the 900E.
It is 34, I didn’t look it up was just going by what I thought it was. I haven’t looked up specs since I was shopping for mine. If input lag is that important to you, you should look at the TCL 607p(605p at B.B.). The price and input lag are both significantly lower on the TCL.

Personally I don’t think the small upgrades/different tech is worth the extra money. I also think if your ok with spending $1500, at that point you might want to check out the oleds. But even some of those have some downsides.

Yeah man, I was considering an LG OLED but the potential for burn in scares me away completely. I know many owners will say they haven't experienced any and that's fine, but Murphy's Law always applies to me, so I'll stick with LED for now.

Yeah man, I was considering an LG OLED but the potential for burn in scares me away completely. I know many owners will say they haven't experienced any and that's fine, but Murphy's Law always applies to me, so I'll stick with LED for now.
I don’t have an OLED TV but thought it was interesting to read that the reason Xbox One started having those pop up fly outs with tips is to help reduce burn-in on them. Know some people complained about them, but that’s as good of a reason of any for them.

Well, don't keep us in suspense.....how did the laundry come out? Was everything clean? Were there any troublesome stains?
I have a permanent swamp ass situation going on so it's not uncommon for my boxers and sweatpants to have butt grease stains. The trick is to throw in fresh lemon juice and some baking soda into the wash and it really helps to fade the oily residue.

I got one of them. Did anyone get 3 from ordering $10 psn cards? I ordered Battlefront 2 and twp $10 PSN cards

EDIT: OK got all 3.

that's good to hear. Do you play much multiplayer? I'm mostly concerned about how much it'll affect pvp stuff. I don't want to feel like I press a button and it takes a noticeably long time to register.
I went from a 19ms input from my 2015 Vizio P series to a Sony X900e with 34ms and I don't feel any difference between the two. Gears 4, Battlegrounds, Forza, Cuphead, Injustice 2, are all responsive to my controller inputs.

HDR is a huge improvement over my old Vizio 4k which did not have it. The x930e is also a great TV, even if it is an edge lit panel. I considered it but decided to get a 65in for the same price range.

I went from a 19ms input from my 2015 Vizio P series to a Sony X900e with 34ms and I don't feel any difference between the two. Gears 4, Battlegrounds, Forza, Cuphead, Injustice 2, are all responsive to my controller inputs.
HDR is a huge improvement over my old Vizio 4k which did not have it. The x930e is also a great TV, even if it is an edge lit panel. I considered it but decided to get a 65in for the same price range.
Thanks. I'm actually torn between the two. I feel like instead of blowing all my credit on the 930, I can just use half on a 900E and save the rest for when OLEDS come down in price in a year or so. Maybe they'll refine the tech so that burn in is a thing of the past.

Hmmm, a few of these 3DS game deals look a lot more appetizing with the $10 off codes.  Mario Maker would be $23.99 plus tax minus $10 with GCU and one $10 code.

Might be time to revisit The Borderlands. Good price for qll 3 complete games and dlc.

I'm going to miss out on Hitman Complete First Season Steelbook Ed since the nearest available copy is 182mi away.

Thanks. I'm actually torn between the two. I feel like instead of blowing all my credit on the 930, I can just use half on a 900E and save the rest for when OLEDS come down in price in a year or so. Maybe they'll refine the tech so that burn in is a thing of the past.
In the same situation, keep going back and forth.

A few days ago I was sold on the TCL605 but now that we know what’s on sale I’m considering the Sony 4K HDR sets. Have almost $400 in Best Buy credit so getting the 900E seems like a decent deal. Even still considering the 930E.

Is having a edge lit panel a bad thing, how?

A few days ago I was sold on the TCL605 but now that we know what’s on sale I’m considering the Sony 4K HDR sets. Have almost $400 in Best Buy credit so getting the 900E seems like a decent deal. Even still considering the 930E.

The X900e is an excellent TV for the money and I have been really happy with it so far.

The x930e has a better picture overall and it also has a bit fancier design. Usually edge-lit back-lit panels are inferior to full array back-lit displays due to the differences in the number of backlight LED's. Whatever Sony did with the x930e negated any previous qualms with edge-lit, which was not being able to properly dim or light the areas of the panel that physically had no backlights behind them, they only have backlight LED's on the left and right edges. Full array or local dimming TV's are able to dim the panel with individual zones since they have backlight LED's across the whole panel.

I wouldn't say edge-lit is bad, it just depends on the quality of the TV, as in this case with the Sony example above.

I was the exact same. I was sold on the TCL for a month or so. But waited till closer to Thanksgiving hoping for a sale. When it didn’t go on sale and I seen the Sony with better ratings and on sale, I jumped on it at the $999 price. One thing that scared me away from the TCL. It seemed there was a lot of issues where people had to return or exchange. I just didn’t want to play the panel lottery.

Now that I have myself a 4K hdr tv, I find myself wanted to get an Xbox One x even though I don’t play my og Xbox one at all.

bread's done
Back