Best Buy Ad - (10/24-10/30) - Blu prices

integrafied1

CAGiversary!
Back to the Future Trilogy - $49.99 (dvd $29.99)
Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 2 - $44.99 (dvd $32.99)
Sex and the City 2 - $25.99 (dvd $17.99)
The Girl Who Played With Fire - $19.99 (dvd $16.99)
The Venture Bros. Season 4 Volume 1 - (dvd $17.99)

$19.99 (dvd $9.99)
Nightmare on Elm Street
Splice
Jonah Hex
The Lost Boys The Thirst

$12.99
Daybreakers (dvd $6.99)
Halloween II (dvd $6.99)
Drag Me To Hell (dvd $6.99)
The Stepfather (dvd $6.99)
The Unborn (dvd $6.99)
Friday the 13th
The Strangers
The Final Destination
The Wolfman
Paranormal Activity

$9.99
Orphan (dvd $4.99)
Saw VI (dvd $4.99)
30 Days of Night (dvd $4.99)
Hostel

A Perfect Getaway - (dvd $6.99)
Hocus Pocus - (dvd $6.99)
Children of the Corn - (dvd $4.99)
The Hills Have Eyes - (dvd $4.99)

*Info thanks to CES at Blu-ray.com*

Thanks for the list. Jonah Hex becomes another that gets much cheaper by waiting a week or two. It was $29.99 this week on release.

[quote name='integrafied1']To those that have seen splice, worth it for $19.99?
Or should I just stick with a rental?[/QUOTE]

I would probably rent it first...The first 2/3's of the movie was really good but the ending kind of ruined it for me.

[quote name='joshnorm']Is the new Nightmare worth it for $19.99[/QUOTE]

No.

Splice is probably worth at most $15

M

The Wolfman for $12.99? I might have to jump on that. Haven't seen it below $19.99 yet. I enjoyed it and should look great on Blu-ray.

[quote name='integrafied1']Or should I just stick with a rental?[/QUOTE]

Just be aware, Splice won't be available for rental from Redbox & Netflix (for that matter) until November 2nd. I was looking for it, but I guess that movie is from a studio with a deal to delay the rentals.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Orphan and Drag Me to Hell worth blind buys at that price?[/QUOTE]
Nah, both are rental worthy at best. I saw the original Spanish version of Orphan and it was pretty good, but once you know the twist it's not really worth seeing again. Nevermind; I was thinking of The Orphanage lol. Can't comment on Orphan.

[quote name='supershammy']I can't believe Splice was made. Just a heads-up.

A Perfect Getaway for me though, that movie was surprisingly cool.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I can't believe Human Centipede was made.

Perfect Getaway, eh? That's two people buying it and saying it was good, so I might give it a blind buy at that price. It never came out on redbox.

And Wolfman for $12.99, nice...gotta tell demonchylde he really enjoyed that movie. I may pick it up as well.

How about Friday the 13th? I assume that's the new/recent one?

[quote name='Jodou']Nah, both are rental worthy at best. I saw the original Spanish version of Orphan and it was pretty good, but once you know the twist it's not really worth seeing again. Nevermind; I was thinking of The Orphanage lol. Can't comment on Orphan.[/QUOTE]

LOL wasn't the Orphanage French, not Spanish? Whatever, they're both romance languages same difference lulz...

[quote name='karkyco']LOL wasn't the Orphanage French, not Spanish? Whatever, they're both romance languages same difference lulz...[/QUOTE]
The one I saw was El Orfanato, so if it was a remake of a French film then that's news to me.

Splice is seriously a totally shit movie. It's cool and kind of tense for the first half-hour, but then it gets creepy in a way that it doesn't mean to and, towards the 3/4 mark, something happens that is seriously Troma-worthy. Then it happens again. Then you realize the movie sucks, and you wonder why on earth it got the big budget it did.

Plus, there is absolutely no gore and there are no kills of any kind, so if you think it's that kind of movie, be aware it is really more of a fucked-up drama.

[quote name='supershammy']Splice is seriously a totally shit movie. It's cool and kind of tense for the first half-hour, but then it gets creepy in a way that it doesn't mean to and, towards the 3/4 mark, something happens that is seriously Troma-worthy. Then it happens again. Then you realize the movie sucks, and you wonder why on earth it got the big budget it did.

Plus, there is absolutely no gore and there are no kills of any kind, so if you think it's that kind of movie, be aware it is really more of a fucked-up drama.[/QUOTE]

big budget??? this was a VERY small budgeted movie. And it wasn't a horror movie at all. It's a love triangle/disturbing drama with a sci-fi twist. Nothing more. I thought it was one of the better movies of the year

Spice was a disturbing movie.

To the guy who is trying to PM Jonah Hex...might as well try getting your money back on that.

I'll be picking up The Girl Who Played With Fire, just saw The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and my wife and I thought that was great. Free too with the gift card someone gave me.

Thanks OP.

I would definitely not blind-buy Splice....make sure it's a movie you enjoy because opinions of it are severely polarizing. I was not a fan of it personally, but I know some people who enjoyed it. It's definitely more of a weird love-triangle thing....the horror aspects are terrible and the sci-fi is mediocre.

I thought Splice was overall a good movie, although I wouldn't buy it because I don't think I could sit through some parts of it again (Troma-worthy stuff like someone else said). Rent it and prepare for some OMG moments starting 3/4 of the way through.

Now, Drag Me To Hell I really enjoyed and will probably buy. It's a fun movie and there are moments that are reminiscent of Evil Dead (it's Sam Raimi, after all). :)

[quote name='karkyco']
LOL wasn't the Orphanage French, not Spanish? Whatever, they're both romance languages same difference lulz...[/QUOTE]
pretty sure he is reffering to del toro's (pan's labyrinth, hellboy II) Orphanage which is in his native language.....spanish

[quote name='chimpster1313']Orphan and Drag Me to Hell worth blind buys at that price?[/QUOTE]
I seen Orphan and I actually enjoyed it what happened at the end was really creepy but I haven't seen Drag Me To Hell yet might also pick that up with A Perfect Getaway but also both movies are listed as the price already Orphan at 9.99 and Drag Me To Hell at 12.99 on the website.

Wooooohooo, picked up the wolfman (digital copy included) paranormal activity (2disc), a perfect getaway and day of the dead all for around $50

[quote name='Gears24']Hey A Perfect GetAway was not $9.99 it was $12.99[/QUOTE]

I notice that too, figured $3 not a biggie

I'm pretty sure drag me to hell is 4 for $20 at BBV. It's like army of darkness meets thinner, but less scary, not funny, completely synthetic and boring.

[quote name='karkyco']LOL, I can't believe Human Centipede was made.

How about Friday the 13th? I assume that's the new/recent one?[/QUOTE]

Yeah Human Centipede, saw that one...not sure I liked it. :D

I dug Drag Me to Hell, but I'm a die hard Rami fan. As far as Friday the 13th goes, I kinda liked what they did with the new/remake/re-imagining. If you're a fan of the original, then you could do a lot worse than picking up the new one. This one is a lot less campy than the original series became and is a bit too clever for its own good; however the kills are seriously brutal and it's highly entertaining overall. (plus Willa Ford topless)

[quote name='demonchylde']Yeah Human Centipede, saw that one...not sure I liked it. :D

I dug Drag Me to Hell, but I'm a die hard Rami fan. As far as Friday the 13th goes, I kinda liked what they did with the new/remake/re-imagining. If you're a fan of the original, then you could do a lot worse than picking up the new one. This one is a lot less campy than the original series became and is a bit too clever for its own good; however the kills are seriously brutal and it's highly entertaining overall. (plus Willa Ford topless)[/QUOTE]

LOL don't lie...you know you liked Human Centipede you couldn't stop talking about it the day after you saw it.

I'll have to borrow the remake of Friday the 13th from you :D:lol:...and Perfect Getaway, if you picked it up as well hahaha!

OMG, Sex and the City 2 is finally on Blu-Ray. I've been waiting FOREVER for that to come out.

puke.jpg

[quote name='pholly']OMG, Sex and the City 2 is finally on Blu-Ray. I've been waiting FOREVER for that to come out.

puke.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thank you SO MUCH for the LOL. That was funny enough that I actually use the term 'lol', which if you knew me, is something I never do. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='chimpster1313']Thank you SO MUCH for the LOL. That was funny enough that I actually use the term 'lol', which if you knew me, is something I never do. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

Thank you :D

Indeed, LOL. I was just at Target and they had a giant display in the front for S&tC2, I just glanced at it and all I could think was EWWWW.

Horse Face, Butchy, and ODUP (Old, Dried Up P*ssy). That brunette though is HAWT.

[quote name='DestroVega']i knew they would split the venture bros season into 2 dvds... bastards.[/QUOTE]

No blu-ray! :cry:

Cool thanks for the misogyny friends, why I just don't know what I'd do if I couldn't casually browse a CAG thread about Blu-ray prices and experience disgusting displays of woman hating by a bunch of creepy, pasty basement virgins at the same time!

[quote name='h0mi']No blu-ray! :cry:[/QUOTE]

I hope they release it when part 2 comes out and release the whole thing at once on blu-ray.

[quote name='Xizer']Cool thanks for the misogyny friends, why I just don't know what I'd do if I couldn't casually browse a CAG thread about Blu-ray prices and experience disgusting displays of woman hating by a bunch of creepy, pasty basement virgins at the same time![/QUOTE]

Shut up

[quote name='Xizer']Cool thanks for the misogyny friends, why I just don't know what I'd do if I couldn't casually browse a CAG thread about Blu-ray prices and experience disgusting displays of woman hating by a bunch of creepy, pasty basement virgins at the same time![/QUOTE]

FLOL, woman hating? It's not woman hating...it's ugly woman hating. Well, hating is a tad harsh. I'd prefer "bashing" or perhaps "being disgusted/repulsed by". Please note the distinction, sugar tits. :D

As for "creepy, pasty basement virgins", well let's see...creepy, perhaps. Pasty? Nah. Basement? Nope. Virgin? Nah, just ask your mother! BWAAAAH!!!

[quote name='Jodou']Nah, both are rental worthy at best. I saw the original Spanish version of Orphan and it was pretty good, but once you know the twist it's not really worth seeing again. Nevermind; I was thinking of The Orphanage lol. Can't comment on Orphan.[/QUOTE]
Perfect Getaway, eh? That's two people buying it and saying it was good, so I might give it a blind buy at that price. It never came out on redbox.

And Wolfman for $12.99, nice...gotta tell demonchylde he really enjoyed that movie. I may pick it up as well.

How about Friday the 13th? I assume that's the new/recent one?

bread's done
Back