Best Buy Ad 12/3-12/9: Buy One, Get One 50% Off on select XB1/PS4 Games

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases Available Tuesday:

• :xb1: :ps4: Steep: Winter Games Edition $59.99
  • :ps4: Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition $49.99
  • :ps4: Dead Rising 4: Frank's Big Package $49.99
Everything Else:

• Buy One, Get One 50% Off on select XB1/PS4 Games (Excludes pre-owned and digital games, https://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/select-games-offer/pcmcat1511299634630.c?id=pcmcat1511299634630)
  • PlayStation 4 1TB Star Wars Battlefront II Bundle $299.99
  • Free Holiday Knit Sackboy Stubbins Plush with purchase of a PlayStation 4 Console
  • Xbox One S 500GB Minecraft Complete Adventure Bundle $229.99 Save $50
  • Save $10 on a 12-Months of Xbox Live Gold Membership with purchase of an Xbox One S Console
  • Save $5 on a Minecraft Xbox One Wireless Controller with purchase of Minecraft Explorers Pack Game
  • Save $5 on select Xbox One Wireless Controllers (Excludes White, Black and Elite)
  • Save $20 on select Collector's Edition Game Guides (Destiny 2, Assassin's Creed Origins and Call of Duty WWII pictured)
  • Afterglow AG9 Wireless Gaming Headset $69.99 Save $10
  • Turtle Beach Recon 150 Wired Gaming Headset for PlayStation 4 $49.99 Save $20
  • Call of Duty Tiger 1 Battle R/C Tank $29.99 Save $10
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Despicable Me 3 $19.99 Save $5
  • Despicable Me 3 Only @ BB Steelbook $24.99 Save $5
  • Despicable Me 3 4K $24.99 Save $5
  • American Assassin $19.99 Save $3
  • American Assassin Only @ BB Steelbook $24.99
  • American Assassin 4K $24.99 Save $5
  • Jumanji 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $22.99 Save $2
  • Men in Black Trilogy 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $39.99 Save $3
  • John Wick/John Wick Chapter 2 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $39.99 Save $10

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m assuming like most on here that GCU will apply on the B1G1 deal. Really good deal for anyone using a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve or Chase Freedom credit card with the Chase Pay app. They’re doing 10x points on Best Buy in-store purchases using that app.
I just bought a ton from Best Buy over the weekend and have an eligible chase card, did not know about this, thought it was only at Walmart.

Guess I'll look into this going forward.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sucks that Nintendo will most likely have a separate sale. I can't even think of another Switch game I would want to go along with Xenoblade 2. Might get CoD WWII and Nights of Azure 2 during this sale.

Also a reminder that those of us who got in on that "Buy a $150 gift card get $15 free" offer a little while back should be getting our free gift cards for this week.

Only two games I want for the XBOX ONE/PS4 are South Park Fractured But Whole(PS4) and Assassins Creed Origins for the XBOX ONE..on BF South Park was 34.99 at best buy same for assassins creed..the rest of the games I want are on the switch
Saw that starting on Friday TRU will have buy 1 get one 40 percent off Switch games not sure if its better to just wait to see what best buy has to offer next week when their ad comes out
South Park was $29.99 At Microsoft store online with free shipping.

I just bought a ton from Best Buy over the weekend and have an eligible chase card, did not know about this, thought it was only at Walmart.

Guess I'll look into this going forward.

Thanks for the heads up.
I’m so sad about this :( just bought a X1X which would’ve racked me an extra $88 in rewards points. FYI this goes until 12/24 and maxes at $400 eligible purchases for BB.

I’m so sad about this :( just bought a X1X which would’ve racked me an extra $88 in rewards points. FYI this goes until 12/24 and maxes at $400 eligible purchases for BB.
Chase pay is one of the worst apps out there and is totally unreliable. Don't feel too bad.

I hope this isnt going to replace b2g1 even though there isnt 3 games i want this year

I hope preorders work at least when it first goes up

I hope visa checkout comes back soon, it was around this time last year it started

My old cc is mailing me a bby card for $10. Hope it shows up this week. Can you combine credit and chase pay, I wonder.

I just downloaded the app and assumed it would list the promotion somewhere. Couldn’t find it so I won’t hold my breath on future purchases haha.
I’ve definitely seen all the negative reviews on the app but I didn’t have any problems over the weekend. I used it to buy four 3 month Xbox Live cards for $39.96 and did end up with 399.6 points. I could see the points listed under the transaction in the regular Chase app.

Hmmm. MvC Infinite Deluxe at 56 now with GCU. .. or take my chances it'll still be on sale... ?
May buy a copy to sit unopened.

Only two games I want for the XBOX ONE/PS4 are South Park Fractured But Whole(PS4) and Assassins Creed Origins for the XBOX ONE..on BF South Park was 34.99 at best buy same for assassins creed..the rest of the games I want are on the switch

Saw that starting on Friday TRU will have buy 1 get one 40 percent off Switch games not sure if its better to just wait to see what best buy has to offer next week when their ad comes out
yep, gonna jump all over that buy 1 get 40% off sale at TRU, where else can you get 20% off nintendo games?...

Glad I did all the shopping I needed on BF. It's sad when buy 1 get 1 50 percent off isn't that great of a deal anymore. I was planning on Ys 8, ACO, and Forza 7 in a B2G1, but ended up getting them all on BF for about 95 bucks.

Can't think of anything else I'd want for this one besides Horizon complete.

Hoping Nintendo still does b1g1 40 like the last couple years. Would love to get Xenoblade and Pokemon Ultra Sun

I think that is the first time I have ever heard the word "discludes", and kind of surprised about that.

Also, didn't the last few xbox b2g1 type sales only work for "select" games?
I used disclude for 28 years until a philosophy professor called me on it. I can't believe nobody said anything for 28 years. Include, exclude, and occlude are all valid.

I also have a preference for "all of the sudden" over "all of a sudden" predicated on a semantically based logical argument. But you'll never see it in any of my actual writing.

In other news, I'm probably in for B1G1 50% Off. Thinking about a few games that are a couple of years old but haven't seen a significant price drop.

Looking for something to pair with Gravity Rush 2 ($39.99 before GCU) and Dragon's Dogma ($29.99 before GCU), but I'm struggling to find anything I don't have at those price points. Doesn't look like I'll be getting anything barring an unexpected sale.

Looking for something to pair with Gravity Rush 2 ($39.99 before GCU) and Dragon's Dogma ($29.99 before GCU), but I'm struggling to find anything I don't have at those price points. Doesn't look like I'll be getting anything barring an unexpected sale.
Likewise, just looking something to go with GR2. Might have to go with HZD:CE with it.

What about L.A. Noire with GR2? Same price and overall a good game.

Not sure if allowed to ask here and if not I apologize. Any members that have a GCU account that I can ring these games under? If so please pm me. Not sure if you also get points for purchases made under your number but I have a good chunk to buy so should be a good amount of points.

if you can afford a shit ton, can you not afford $30 for two years?
I don't ever shop there to make it worth the membership. This will be the first time in years I made a purchase with them. Doing it for some birthday gifts and a Christmas gift and that's it. Was just asking so I could get the benefits of it and someone could reap the points off my purchase.

Not sure if allowed to ask here and if not I apologize. Any members that have a GCU account that I can ring these games under? If so please pm me. Not sure if you also get points for purchases made under your number but I have a good chunk to buy so should be a good amount of points.
Just remember there's a limit of 3 copies of a game per account. So don't get flagged or banned doing this guy a favor.

Been gone from CAG actually enjoying the holiday weekend. Did any big glitches happen in the vein of the Galaxy S8 $100 thing this past week?

Wasn’t sure where to post this. I’ll post in the BestBuy BlackFriday thread Also.

A lot of us shop a B.B, especially with gcu and the early Black Friday sales. I just wanted to remind everyone. Towards the end of the year, Best Buy shuts off the tracker towards Elite/Elite Plus. So when it comes close to the end of the year, you won’t know how much more you need to spend to reach a certain tier. I would imagine they do this to push more sales. If someone is close but not sure, they might spend more just to make sure they hit the tier. From my past experiences, it’s early December when the tracker disappears and it won’t return until after the first of the year.

Basically just check your spending there now so you won’t be unsure later. Does anyone know if tax is included towards Elite status? Personally my Black Friday purchases should be enough to put me over Elite Plus, but won’t know for sure until the points post. Hopefully this helps some of you guys out.

It should say now. What your purchases are at, and how much pending. Mine updated from Black Friday days ago.
Right and judging from my pending points it should put me around 3577. What I meant was, if someone is close but not there yet, make a note of how much they’ve spent. Starting the first week of December through The first week of January that part normally doesn’t show up on the Rewards Overview Page. Best Buy normally disables it. There’s always someone asking why they can’t see it, or wondering if they were close. I just wanted to remind people to look now.

I’m always using gift cards, rewards certs, GCU, and/or my BB card. So sometimes my points are way more then how much I’ve spent. I missed Elite Plus last year by $20 only because i didn’t calculate my spending in December correctly.

Yeah, I don't know about lending out my personal info to a random CAG on here, with the possibility of getting the account flagged and banned.

Got $25 in BB rewards today so once this rolls out going to pick up LA Noire and an undecided second game (probably PUBG).

Would PUBG not qualify since digital code? Also would that mean it is not GCU eligible?
It is GCU eligible as of now. Think it is a physical box with a code inside.

Only thing that could disqualify it is if they don’t allow the deal on preorders.

What about L.A. Noire with GR2? Same price and overall a good game.
Played through it on Xbox 360 and actually ended up getting all of the achievements for the base game and DLC. Not really interested in doing another playthrough with how many newer games I'd rather play.

Likewise, just looking something to go with GR2. Might have to go with HZD:CE with it.
I've already played the "vanilla" Horizon (loved it) and was waiting for a sale on the DLC. I may look at picking this up with it. Cheers.

Yea I’d be great to get in a few orders for games releasing next year. I doubt preorders will work but it’s possible.

Might use it with Hello Neighbor, if I can find something to match with it. Maybe DoomVR. I’ll have the free $45 gc to use during that time.

Price adjustments should work with this right? Need to pick up COD as a xmas present and want to get AC Origins. Im pretty sure COD will drop below $48 GCU in the next 45 days. 

bread's done
Back