Best Buy Ad 12/3-12/9: Buy One, Get One 50% Off on select XB1/PS4 Games

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases Available Tuesday:

• :xb1: :ps4: Steep: Winter Games Edition $59.99
  • :ps4: Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition $49.99
  • :ps4: Dead Rising 4: Frank's Big Package $49.99
Everything Else:

• Buy One, Get One 50% Off on select XB1/PS4 Games (Excludes pre-owned and digital games, https://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/select-games-offer/pcmcat1511299634630.c?id=pcmcat1511299634630)
  • PlayStation 4 1TB Star Wars Battlefront II Bundle $299.99
  • Free Holiday Knit Sackboy Stubbins Plush with purchase of a PlayStation 4 Console
  • Xbox One S 500GB Minecraft Complete Adventure Bundle $229.99 Save $50
  • Save $10 on a 12-Months of Xbox Live Gold Membership with purchase of an Xbox One S Console
  • Save $5 on a Minecraft Xbox One Wireless Controller with purchase of Minecraft Explorers Pack Game
  • Save $5 on select Xbox One Wireless Controllers (Excludes White, Black and Elite)
  • Save $20 on select Collector's Edition Game Guides (Destiny 2, Assassin's Creed Origins and Call of Duty WWII pictured)
  • Afterglow AG9 Wireless Gaming Headset $69.99 Save $10
  • Turtle Beach Recon 150 Wired Gaming Headset for PlayStation 4 $49.99 Save $20
  • Call of Duty Tiger 1 Battle R/C Tank $29.99 Save $10
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Despicable Me 3 $19.99 Save $5
  • Despicable Me 3 Only @ BB Steelbook $24.99 Save $5
  • Despicable Me 3 4K $24.99 Save $5
  • American Assassin $19.99 Save $3
  • American Assassin Only @ BB Steelbook $24.99
  • American Assassin 4K $24.99 Save $5
  • Jumanji 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $22.99 Save $2
  • Men in Black Trilogy 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $39.99 Save $3
  • John Wick/John Wick Chapter 2 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $39.99 Save $10

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing that Nintendo excluded Switch games from the Target B2G1 sale a few weeks back isn't it likely it will get excluded from the upcoming BB Nintendo sale?

Hope this works for pre orders
If it does then it might explain why its BOGO50 instead of B2G1Free this time.

I’m thinking of getting until dawn and walking dead new frontier with this b1g1 promo as gcu takes off of both games correct ?
It always takes GCU off of every game in your cart but it will come off the lower priced one post discount (i.e. you won't get $12 off of 2 $60 and then 50% off the second, it would be $12 off one and $6 off the $30 priced one).

Seeing that Nintendo excluded Switch games from the Target B2G1 sale a few weeks back isn't it likely it will get excluded from the upcoming BB Nintendo sale?
I don't see it being a 3DS exclusive sale. BOGO 40% off is a lot less of a discount than B2G1Free anyway (20% off 2 equal price games vs 33% off of 3).

If it does then it might explain why its BOGO50 instead of B2G1Free this time.

It always takes GCU off of every game in your cart but it will come off the lower priced one post discount (i.e. you won't get $12 off of 2 $60 and then 50% off the second, it would be $12 off one and $6 off the $30 priced one).

I don't see it being a 3DS exclusive sale. BOGO 40% off is a lot less of a discount than B2G1Free anyway (20% off 2 equal price games vs 33% off of 3).
So until dawn would be $15.99 and walking dead would be $7.99 Correct ?

So I bought Yakuza: Kiwami during Black Friday, looks like it's still at the same price now. Could I get a price adjustment to get half off with this deal if I pick up Destiny 2 or would it be easier just to return the copy i got and then purchase again?

Most games will go back up to full price next week due to the deal. Not sure if anyone has had success with ordering games with the previous weeks price and having the new promo stack if they wait to pick them up.

Has the sale been confirmed yet?

Unless I'm misreading it, those examples yield the same result.

But... BB B1G1 40% off with GCU is slightly better than B2G1 at Target with no discounts, for the appropriate number of equally priced games. However, Target is slightly even better with 5% REDcard discount.

BB + GCU:

(0.8 + 0.8 * 0.6) / 2 games = 0.64 per game

Target + 5%:

0.6 ̅ * 0.95 = 0.63 ̅ per game

It doesn't matter how BB does it as the final price comes out the same. Take the 20% off first, you have two $48 games and get one for $24 ($72 before taxes). Take 20% off the first ($48), then 50% off second - down to $30, then 20% off = $24.

Has the sale been confirmed yet?

Unless I'm misreading it, those examples yield the same result.

But... BB B1G1 40% off with GCU is slightly better than B2G1 at Target with no discounts, for the appropriate number of equally priced games. However, Target is slightly even better with 5% REDcard discount.

BB + GCU:

(0.8 + 0.8 * 0.6) / 2 games = 0.64 per game

Target + 5%:

0.6 ̅ * 0.95 = 0.63 ̅ per game
You get 2-5% back in reward dollars at Best Buy, plus your credit card's 1% or more, if you want to go that route.

:) who's staying up late tonight?
>:{ I can't ever miss a glitch again. I'll butt chug a Monster energy drink.

Gonna order South Park the fractured but whole, Forza 7(Since Walmart.com canceled my order), and Assassins Creed Origins hope it glitches and I can get all three 50 percent off

You get 2-5% back in reward dollars at Best Buy, plus your credit card's 1% or more, if you want to go that route.
Yup. Rewards points are something I always keep in the back of my mind that will almost always make BB a better choice. You also have the opportunity of post purchase PM at BB and possible chance of VISA Checkout promo.

I don't ever shop there to make it worth the membership. This will be the first time in years I made a purchase with them. Doing it for some birthday gifts and a Christmas gift and that's it. Was just asking so I could get the benefits of it and someone could reap the points off my purchase.
Until GCU I never shopped at BB either. Now probably 98% of my GAME purchases are there.

Amazon is the other 2% really. (GS is a joke)

Outside the B1G1 % off deals elsewhere GCU is the cheapest way to get games.

I think it's midnight central time, which would be 10 pm pst. It's 1 am est for me. Can someone double confirm?
10pst is when the "deal of the day" gets updated, the weekly deals tend to not update till midnight pst, but have seen them update and able to buy the weekly sales items earlier.

Hoping there is a Nintendo version of this sale. I have 4 Switch games I am interested in. B1G1 50% off with GCU and some reward certificates will bring them down to about $30 each. 

PRICES GLITCHED AT $24, PILE IN SOLDIERS!

ONLY WORKS WHEN BUYING 1 COPY!

IF YOU BUY 2, IT BRINGS PRICES TO $24 AND $30 for second copy respectively. 

Jesus christ what a deal. But I've bought most of these games and I really have no reason to buy Forza 7 when I haven't finished Forza 5,6 and the horizon games.

AC origins is a great price but I can get that on pc...same with shadow of war.

Damn I wish I hadn't bought most of these games already.

oh it isnt?
The normal sale is, the glitch is for select new releases.

Anyway, $24 is awesome for newly released games, but I actually don't care for any of these fall releases. I'd honestly rather play the games in my backlog that I added to during BF.

Awesome ordered 3 games separately each game was 26.48 tax included..South Park Fractured But Whole, Forza 7, and assassins creed origins

So the b1get50%off is only supposed to be select games...ugh. Placed a few separate orders. Not sure if I’ll cancel or keep them. Only ordered games I didn’t have already like Battlefront 2 and NFS.

very very disappointed its only select games. at least i can try games im wary on for cheap like SoW, SP:FbW and ACO

bread's done
Back