Best Buy Ad 12/3-12/9: Buy One, Get One 50% Off on select XB1/PS4 Games

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases Available Tuesday:

• :xb1: :ps4: Steep: Winter Games Edition $59.99
  • :ps4: Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition $49.99
  • :ps4: Dead Rising 4: Frank's Big Package $49.99
Everything Else:

• Buy One, Get One 50% Off on select XB1/PS4 Games (Excludes pre-owned and digital games, https://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/select-games-offer/pcmcat1511299634630.c?id=pcmcat1511299634630)
  • PlayStation 4 1TB Star Wars Battlefront II Bundle $299.99
  • Free Holiday Knit Sackboy Stubbins Plush with purchase of a PlayStation 4 Console
  • Xbox One S 500GB Minecraft Complete Adventure Bundle $229.99 Save $50
  • Save $10 on a 12-Months of Xbox Live Gold Membership with purchase of an Xbox One S Console
  • Save $5 on a Minecraft Xbox One Wireless Controller with purchase of Minecraft Explorers Pack Game
  • Save $5 on select Xbox One Wireless Controllers (Excludes White, Black and Elite)
  • Save $20 on select Collector's Edition Game Guides (Destiny 2, Assassin's Creed Origins and Call of Duty WWII pictured)
  • Afterglow AG9 Wireless Gaming Headset $69.99 Save $10
  • Turtle Beach Recon 150 Wired Gaming Headset for PlayStation 4 $49.99 Save $20
  • Call of Duty Tiger 1 Battle R/C Tank $29.99 Save $10
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Despicable Me 3 $19.99 Save $5
  • Despicable Me 3 Only @ BB Steelbook $24.99 Save $5
  • Despicable Me 3 4K $24.99 Save $5
  • American Assassin $19.99 Save $3
  • American Assassin Only @ BB Steelbook $24.99
  • American Assassin 4K $24.99 Save $5
  • Jumanji 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $22.99 Save $2
  • Men in Black Trilogy 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $39.99 Save $3
  • John Wick/John Wick Chapter 2 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $39.99 Save $10

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for getting everyone hopes up. I kind of figured "select games" just meant not Nintendo/PC because only Xbox and PS games were pictured and they never gave us a list of the included games. :???:
You still provide an invaluable service, thank you!

I'll see what I can find but if it's anything like last year, it will just be all Nintendo published games minus the new Pokemons.
Still better than this week's extremely limited sale.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Disappointing news, been waiting all year hoping it would be a switch/3ds sale. My son has been pestering me for Ultra Street Fighter and Arms.

That is disappointing..was really hoping that Best Buy would have a similar offer for Switch games..really want to buy Mario Odyssey, ARMS, Splatoon 2, and Skyrim..do you all think Best Buy will end up having a buy 1 get one 50 percent off for Switch games? Maybe next week is for 3DS and the week after is for Switch?

Sorry for getting everyone hopes up. I kind of figured "select games" just meant not Nintendo/PC because only Xbox and PS games were pictured and they never gave us a list of the included games. :???:
Probably for the best. People would have just been asking what games would be included every few posts.

Not sure if allowed to ask here and if not I apologize. Any members that have a GCU account that I can ring these games under? If so please pm me. Not sure if you also get points for purchases made under your number but I have a good chunk to buy so should be a good amount of points.
LOL

Dude, just drop the $30 for GCU.

Each time you make a purchase, you'll pat yourself on the back and say, "Good job, me. Good job."

Question. I got in on this deal when it was partially glitched; namely getting one game full price and 2 games half price. I haven't opened any of them.

Can I return the full price game for a refund of that game's price only and keep the other two games I got at the discounted price; or would I have to return all of them to get a refund?

Question. I got in on this deal when it was partially glitched; namely getting one game full price and 2 games half price. I haven't opened any of them.

Can I return the full price game for a refund of that game's price only and keep the other two games I got at the discounted price; or would I have to return all of them to get a refund?
The return typically negates the deal and Best Buy will charge the difference to the payment method you used on the transaction. With the glitch, I wouldn't chance it as it could negate the discount on both of the other games.

And again it might not, but as soon as you attempt the return and it goes south you'll not likely be able to get that discount back.

you'll be fine.

i ordered 12 games on 6 different orders for store pickup during the glitch... was able to pick up 8/12 the next day, with 4 being switched to shipping since they couldn't be found in store. the 4 shipped out today and should be arriving tomorrow.
12 games!? Damn, you seriously went balls deep with this glitch. :lol:

you'll be fine.

i ordered 12 games on 6 different orders for store pickup during the glitch... was able to pick up 8/12 the next day, with 4 being switched to shipping since they couldn't be found in store. the 4 shipped out today and should be arriving tomorrow.
good to see best buy honoring when they could have canceled.

2 of the 5 orders shipped.

For people wondering why BB honored the glitch, remember that on prime day Amazon honored crash trilogy for $6.xx, and many many more glitches.

Oh yeah and BB honored S8 for $100 a few months back.

All 3 orders shipped, should be here Wednesday. 

This worked out pretty well. 

Surprised you actually expected a Switch game sale with the success its had since release.

So, I was just in my local store today, and decided to pick up Hidden Agenda on sales for $11.99 w/GCU, as well as Okami HD...

And Okami rang up as $5.

On my receipt it says:

PS4-OKAMI
Current Reg Sale: 19.99
Deposit Amount: 5.00
Sales Tax: 0.00

So...the sku in the game case seems to have rung as a pre-order? That's weird. But Okami HD for $5 is fine by me...

On my receipt it says:

PS4-OKAMI
Current Reg Sale: 19.99
Deposit Amount: 5.00
Sales Tax: 0.00

So...the sku in the game case seems to have rung as a pre-order? That's weird. But Okami HD for $5 is fine by me...
Well, it's not supposed to be released/sold til the 12th, so it's not weird. It's weird that they allowed the sale.

They usually do. I think the issue is that the barcode scanned as a preorder, instead of the product.

I've had a couple cases where the street date prompt came up on release day, and required an override.

That 8TB EashShare hard drive is going to be a $140 doorbuster tomorrow if anyone missed out on the $130 price on Black Friday. :D

That 8TB EashShare hard drive is going to be a $140 doorbuster tomorrow if anyone missed out on the $130 price on Black Friday. :D
That hard drive I ended up exchanging yesterday at Best Buy(Had some issues with it on my XBOX ONE X) so since they didnt have anymore in stock they let me have the supposed red drive(The one that went for 169 on BF) for an even exchange..its a great drive, only thing is, it blinks on instant mode on..so put some electrical tape on it makes a WORLD of difference

Awesome news, thanks for the heads-up! Need a second one for my newly acquired Xbox One S.

That hard drive I ended up exchanging yesterday at Best Buy(Had some issues with it on my XBOX ONE X) so since they didnt have anymore in stock they let me have the supposed red drive(The one that went for 169 on BF) for an even exchange..its a great drive, only thing is, it blinks on instant mode on..so put some electrical tape on it makes a WORLD of difference
I haven't had the chance to hook mine up to my PS4 yet, hopefully yours was just bad luck and not due to WD using crap components for BF units.

Thank you for the heads up on the 8tb drive. It's live now, ordered one for store pick up, and will return my 4tb drive I got during black Friday.

Just bought the WD 8TB.  Wondering if it's the same model as the one I bought on BF for $129.99, aside from the last few model# characters.

Current WD 8TB HDD (WDBCKA0080HBK-NESN) for $139.99:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-8tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/5792401.p?skuId=5792401

Black Friday WD 8TB HDD (WDBCKA0080HBK-NEBB) for $129.99:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-8tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/6110900.p?skuId=6110900

Only difference I see between the two are the free 256 GB of cloud storage with the BF/Holiday model that's now OOS online.

In any case, another great deal for these high capacity external hard drives. Thanks again Tyrok!

Tempted to go back and try The End is Nigh, since they also had that out...but that one I wager is street dated.

It's weird...I had to ask for both Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 on release day because none were on the floor for sale, but for these titles they're out ahead of street date...

Tempted to go back and try The End is Nigh, since they also had that out...but that one I wager is street dated.

It's weird...I had to ask for both Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 on release day because none were on the floor for sale, but for these titles they're out ahead of street date...
They send stores tons of games this time of year and not everyone knows what is and isn't out. Scanning the back of an unreleased game is like scanning a preorder card. It should prompt the register to take the customers info and a a $5 deposit. Obviously whoever did it was oblivious to what they were doing and had no idea that there is no such thing as a $5 game at Best Buy.

Who's gonna be up at midnight/beyond waiting for hopefully more best buy.com glitches on saturday?

Returned my Black Friday WW2 Purchase got 40$ back.  Then Re-purchased WW2 + Battlefront 2 and it stacked with the XBL Card so grabbed one of the 6+1 Cards.  Not to bad to get 2games + 7 Months Live for under 91$

Just bought the WD 8TB. Wondering if it's the same model as the one I bought on BF for $129.99, aside from the last few model# characters.

Current WD 8TB HDD (WDBCKA0080HBK-NESN) for $139.99:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-8tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/5792401.p?skuId=5792401

Black Friday WD 8TB HDD (WDBCKA0080HBK-NEBB) for $129.99:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-8tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/6110900.p?skuId=6110900

Only difference I see between the two are the free 256 GB of cloud storage with the BF/Holiday model that's now OOS online.

In any case, another great deal for these high capacity external hard drives. Thanks again Tyrok!
Update:

So after doing some research, the differences between the two are that the $139.99 NESN models, more often than not, come with a red-labeled HDD that are arguably of higher quality, better performance, and NAS compatible (these are highly sought after). The BF $129.99 NEBB model can come with a red or a white labeled HDD, but odds are higher it being white labeled.

After a bunch of people shucked the enclosures open and tested both the red and white labeled drives with Crystal Disk Mark, they are coming to the conclusion that the white labels must simply be a re-branded red HDD as the specs/performances are basically identical.

Also, these are both 256 MB cache, 5400 RPM.

....in case anyone cared to know. ;)

3 of the 5 games I ordered from the BB glitch ($24 new games) shipped.

the remaining 2 are COD WWII which the order now says "shipping delay", even if the item is available only.

They will try to "solve" the delay by december 21st and if not they will cancel the order.

Well at least I had 3 out 5 :)

Edit: the 2 WWII were delivered today!

bread's done
Back