• :xb1: :ps4: Battlefield V $29.99 Save $30
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: NBA 2K19 $29.99 Save $30
  • :xb1: :ps4: Just Dance 2019 $29.99 Save $10
  • :xb1: :ps4: WWE 2K19 $29.99 Save $30
  • :ps4: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice $19.99 Save $10
Everything Else:

• Save $10 on select Microsoft Xbox One Controllers
  • Save 20% on select Astro Headsets
  • Pre-order Kingdom Hearts 3 to get a free keychain and $10 in My Best Buy Rewards
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Night School $19.99 Save $4
  • Night School 4K $27.99
  • Bad Times at the El Royale $19.99
  • Bad Times at the El Royale 4K $24.99
  • Hellboy II: The Golden Army Only @ BB Steelbook $17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Console wars? I thought we all flipped and cheap ass'd our way into having all three systems. If not you shouldn't be here...

Sounds like you feel some type of way about this...

As someone who has owned all 3 Xbox gens, my Switch and PS4 have rendered the latest one obsolete. So he's not wrong...

Anyway, thanks for the post, Tyrok!
News to me.

I own the PS4 Pro, the Switch and an XB-X and the X is my platform of choice for nearly all third party releases because those are by far the best console versions of the games.

I was a HUGE Xbox guy, chose the One over PS4 at launch, and then flipped to PS4 as my primary console. I just recently got an X over the holidays but I will still use the PS4 as my primary console. No slight to the Xbox because it is an amazing system. The thought of having to rebuy shit like RDR2 or any other multiplat titles makes my head hurt lol. Personally I don’t see why there are so many arguments between consoles. Yea the X is more powerful, but I say just game on the console you prefer. Most of my friends are on PS4 this gen which is why I chose that platform. The arguments are fucking stupid at this point.

I didnt say a word about exclusives..... I *only* stated multi-platform games.
All I said is CURRENT console of choice is the X1X. Prior to me getting the X1X It was PS4 all the way and the X1S I had was pretty much a dust magnet.
I still want Spiderman... I loved HZD, I have God of War from a recent deal, but am heavily invested in RDR2 still. Backlogs are a bitch.

And just to be clear, I have a PS4 Pro, and it's loud.. Mines not the new super quiet one either.
I think awp has one also? I vaguely remember him mentioning it in another thread, could be wrong though.
My bad. I wildly misinterpreted it

The only reason this. “console war” even started in this thread was because someone said that the Xbox One was “obsolete”. I play all the platforms and have all the consoles in my house (though the Switch is technically my son’s).

Sony has kicked ass in exclusives this gen. I only prefer to play on my “obsolete” X1X because it just plays multilplatform games better and I like the controller. I also own way more multiplatform games and love the Forza Horizon series.

GamePass is also fantastic.

The funny thing about the One X “being better to play games on the PS4” is that the difference is so tiny compared to any other generation. There was a much bigger difference in multi platform games last gen and the gen before than the One X versus even the base PS4.

Quit saying, “games are so much better on One X” when they really aren’t that different and a lot of Digital Foundry differences wouldn’t be noticed unless you have a direct side by side comparison.

Oh, and I have all 3 systems and love my One X, but this “It’s miles better on One X” is a joke.

People on here making it sound like it’s a leap from PS1 to PS2 graphics lol.

The funny thing about the One X “being better to play games on the PS4” is that the difference is so tiny compared to any other generation. There was a much bigger difference in multi platform games last gen and the gen before than the One X versus even the base PS4.

Quit saying, “games are so much better on One X” when they really aren’t that different and a lot of Digital Foundry differences wouldn’t be noticed unless you have a direct side by side comparison.

Oh, and I have all 3 systems and love my One X, but this “It’s miles better on One X” is a joke.

Well, games like the first Red Dead Redemption are indeed miles better on X1X than any other console. And that’s a whole sector not even being discussed is BC and X1X enhancements to them. Some are truly stunning.

And bwteeen a regular PS4 and the X1X, I do see a very significant difference in both graphics and frame rate. If you don’t see a difference you need a better 4K TV or your eyes checked. Between the X and the Pro, sure, not as significant.

And I’m sure the PS5 will be even better.

The only reason this. “console war” even started in this thread was because someone said that the Xbox zone was “obsolete”. I play all the platforms and have all the consoles in my house (though the Switch is technically my son’s).

Sony has kicked ass in exclusives this gen. I only prefer to play on my “obsolete” X1X because it just plays multilplatform games better and I like the controller. I also own way more multiplatform games and love the Forza Horizon series.

100% correct.
Ps4 exclusives are much better than xbox.
Gamepass imo is better than psnow.
Edit: and lets not forget backwards compatability....

I have *always* prefered every racing title on the xbox due to the controller. Nothing wrong with the dualshock, but the elite i picked up just wins.
Gotta say the switch pro controller i like, but the + and home button layout is too close for me. I hit home on accident or have to look down and make sure im pressing the right one.

And the buttons being swapped... gets me all the time.

If you have a 4K TV the difference in games on X1X vs Pro is much more noticeable than PS3 vs 360.

Is the cycle for Battlefield usually about two years before it starts being dirt cheap and the dlc is given away? I'd like to play Battlefield V, but I've been burned the last two times purchasing the game just before it hits about $15 and then purchasing the DLC passes just before they start going out for free.
I got it digitally for $23.99 using a 20% off PSN purchase coupon. Good news this time around is there is no season pass since they don’t want to split the player base. So once you buy the game, you get everything along with their battle royale mode next Spring as well.

Having just joined the triple-platform club, PS4 is still our main gaming platform, always will be. X1 is there to play 4k movies, exclusives, and backwards compatible games whenever nostalgia strikes. Then there's Switch: still not sure what to do with it as we've only purchased games for it that are exclusive, with the exception of a few indie games. Knowing myself, I won't play it mobile but the GF will so for me: it's just a party machine. When friends are over, the couch co-op games will come out and I'll be able to finally play Bravely Default Octopath Traveler on the big screen.

They just have their separate uses and niches, which is all that I expect of them.

It's not just graphics and frame rate that the Xbox One X is the best at. It also has the fastest load times which is more important to me. I just started playing Skyrim on Xbox One X and it loads much faster.

Anyway, I am hoping that the Astro is the Zelda one so I can price match at Target.

If you have a 4K TV the difference in games on X1X vs Pro is much more noticeable than PS3 vs 360.
I had RDR2 on ps4 pre ordered for months. Get the deal on the X1X with RDR2... after the 12 hour install, 5 minutes in i could tell there was a big difference betweenps4 pro and X1X.

Gotta say the switch pro controller i like, but the + and home button layout is too close for me. I hit home on accident or have to look down and make sure im pressing the right one.

And the buttons being swapped... gets me all the time.
This happens to me all the time

Having just joined the triple-platform club, PS4 is still our main gaming platform, always will be. X1 is there to play 4k movies, exclusives, and backwards compatible games whenever nostalgia strikes. Then there's Switch: still not sure what to do with it as we've only purchased games for it that are exclusive, with the exception of a few indie games. Knowing myself, I won't play it mobile but the GF will so for me: it's just a party machine. When friends are over, the couch co-op games will come out and I'll be able to finally play Bravely Default Octopath Traveler on the big screen.

They just have their separate uses and niches, which is all that I expect of them.
As a Wii U owner last generation and one who doesn't play much handheld (I do have a 3DS), I've not been much interested in the Switch. I think a lot of this though is because I barely have time to play much so when I do, it's the PS4 due to its AAA quality and exclusive experiences. I've always had a soft spot for Nintendo but I've been no fan of where they recently took the Zelda series (Breath of the Wild IMHO was boring and not what I wanted in Zelda). I'm sure Mario Odyssey is awesome but won't buy it for that alone. There are a few upcoming games I'm interested in but I can easily wait many years with the backlog and lack of time I have.

In earnest, the PS4 may well be the last console I buy. With less and less time and me losing interest in games (except for the artistry of it), I find too much to play/choose from with PS4 alone.

Is the cycle for Battlefield usually about two years before it starts being dirt cheap and the dlc is given away? I'd like to play Battlefield V, but I've been burned the last two times purchasing the game just before it hits about $15 and then purchasing the DLC passes just before they start going out for free.
The gameplay DLC for this one is all free.

I boycotted the Xbox One for the longest time because of that, even after they realized they screwed up and backtracked.
had no idea MS was that stupid early on to try that, ignored for good reaso n apparently

Now I think it’s all you want for one subscription(x1 pass?)

The reason I have zero interest in Xbox is entirely due to the library. It has absolutely no exclusives that I want, in stark contrast to Sony and Nintendo.

How about this for a non-deal talk:

BB still hadn't shipped my copy of Assassin's Creed Odyssey since ordering it on Nov 17th. They told me 12/21 latest, and it's still not here. I contacted them 4 times about it and they are delaying canceling at this point, too, because it's technically marked as shipped but the "carrier never picked it up" (aka Best Buy lost it).

How do I escalate this? Office of CEO? FTC complaint?

Does anyone know if TV purchases fall within Best Buy's extended date "Holiday Return and Exchange Guarantee" to mid-January? It says "major appliances" are excluded, but I'm guessing that means washers, dryers and fridges, not TV's?

Does anyone know if TV purchases fall within Best Buy's extended date "Holiday Return and Exchange Guarantee" to mid-January? It says "major appliances" are excluded, but I'm guessing that means washers, dryers and fridges, not TV's?
you can chat with them and ask..shouldn't take too long to get an answer..

also hellblade on xbox one is taking forever to update..the ps4 version already updated.

Just got hellblade. Really missing gcu right now. I could wait till GameStop gets pre owned copies of hellblade so I can get it for under $20 with elite and cag16 but I think I’ll just get it now

Just got hellblade. Really missing gcu right now. I could wait till GameStop gets pre owned copies of hellblade so I can get it for under $20 with elite and cag16 but I think I’ll just get it now
Any idea why the XBOX One version of Hellblade is still ringing up as 29.99? Both versions were suppose to be on sale.

Do we know which versions of the Astro headsets are 20% off yet?

Edit, I just checked and the Zelda is not part of the sale. Oh well.

PS4 is my my go to system and i have the first pro. I was tempted to get an X when they had the trade in specials a couple months ago but I never play my XBOX One S. I just use it for 4K movie watching. I play some multiplats but most of my games are exclusive and Sony kills XBOX in a landslide when it comes to that. Love Bloodborne, God of War, Until Dawn, Uncharted 4 and LL and looking forward to play Detroit. Spiderman and Horizon are decent but not my favorite. I'm looking forward to the Last of US 2 as I'm a big Naughty Dog fan as I play Uncharted 4 MP every day. I have some Xbox exclusives but none of them reviewed well except for Sunset Overdrive which wasn't my type of game. I hate the XBOX controller(too heavy) and UI(too confusing) compared to playstation. I don't care for gamepass as I only play a few games a year and Backwards compatibility is not a huge feature for me as I rarely play older games. If I did I can just play them on my older systems which I keep. Sony is killing XBOX sales wise with the reason being better exclusives coupled with the online all time system requirement PR debacle XBOX had at the beginning of the gen and higher initial price.

Devil May Cry 5 xbox console exclusive demo! Dust off the Xbox One X...

E105 error. Cannot boot to dash, cannot factory reset. After research, it turns out this is the equivalent to the Xbox 360's Red Ring of Death. Luckily I had two months before MS warranty expired. While my launch PS4 Pro (my main console) still running fine and quiet.

Xbox dashboard cluttered, slow, confusing & unintuitive (different shaped tiles), and filled with ads. Ads? Don't bring that bullshit here.

But the primary reason PS4 is still my main (besides exclusives,ecosystem,etc) is the ability to back up your gamesaves to USB/PC. Doesn't matter how many save slots a game might provide, it's not enough. If I want to go back and replay the great Battle of Kaer Morhen, in a massive game like The Witcher 3, I can. Can't do that on the Xbox One because you can't transfer saves that way, and the cloud bullshit doesn't allow such management of multiple saves.

And that trumps any minor graphical increases from the PS4 Pro-X1X. Microsoft is full of bluster when it comes to touting features, but from a consumer experience, they are quite insidious in their approach.

15.99 with gcu for hellblade is a no brained for me ! At this point I don’t know why EA won’t just drop the msrp of battlefield as it’s constantly 30 every week lol.

Kingdom hearts a month away !!!!!!! 15 years of wait finally comes to an end ❤️❤️❤️

To everybody complaining about the stickers, heat them up a little with a hair dryer then slowly peel the sticker off. The heat releases the adhesive. It may leave some residue behind but rubbing alcohol can take care of that.

The reason I have zero interest in Xbox is entirely due to the library. It has absolutely no exclusives that I want, in stark contrast to Sony and Nintendo.
Right? Like I get there may be some differences in performance, but how can you argue for a console with almost no exclusives when you are presented with such excellent games like Spiderman, God of War, and Horizon are objectively awesome games.

More subjective you have stuff like Until Dawn, Detroit, Last of Us, Last Guardian, and so many more.

We havent even gotten on the subject of amazing PSVR games like Astro Bot.

Xbox has what? Sunset Overdrive? Halo 5? Rare Replay? I've owned every relevant console in the last 4 generations so I'm not playing some fanboy card but couldn't you almost do without an Xbox and just have a PC these days?

The only reason this. “console war” even started in this thread was because someone said that the Xbox One was “obsolete”. I play all the platforms and have all the consoles in my house (though the Switch is technically my son’s).

No, what happen was...

1.) someone said rather than pay $20/$16 for Hellblade, pay $70 for a year of games, including this one (which is what a good CAG would do)
2.) someone else said the service is great but who actually owns or still uses an Xbox (which actually probably started the console war)
3.) you got your fee fees SUPER hurt and called said person a derogatory name
4.) I said 2nd commenter was not wrong because my ps4 and switch have rendered MY Xbox obsolete (as others have mentioned)

The switch is my #1 console because I travel for work and mostly play sp games (friends are busy, married, have kids...). The ps4 is #2 because their exclusives are better and rather than split my library, I buy any non-switch multiplats for it (if it craps out, I'll just buy a new one. If my Xbox were to crap out, I'll just wait until the next version). I've used my Xbox for Halo 5 (which was meh), Ryse (which was ok, if not super repetitive), FH2 (FH1 was better imo), Sunset OD (which I actually liked a lot, barring the glitch on the last level that plays the audio of the ending but the screen is just a whiteout) and DVDs/Blu-Rays (MC Collection, Dead Rising 3, Quantum Break, and FH3 are all still shrink wrapped).

I'm not saying you don't enjoy your console, I'm saying the 2nd posters experience matched mine (and a lot of other posters on here, apparently...). And so MY Xbox has basically become useless.

I thought this was a Best Buy weekly sales thread.
Don't know how I stumbled onto a GameFAQs message board.

Anyway, I really wanted Hellblade for the Xbox One but now I may just pick it up for the PS4 since I'm too damn impatient to wait for another sale. Though I do feel like it's bound to drop back to $19.99 again soon enough, right?

As a Wii U owner last generation and one who doesn't play much handheld (I do have a 3DS), I've not been much interested in the Switch. I think a lot of this though is because I barely have time to play much so when I do, it's the PS4 due to its AAA quality and exclusive experiences. I've always had a soft spot for Nintendo but I've been no fan of where they recently took the Zelda series (Breath of the Wild IMHO was boring and not what I wanted in Zelda). I'm sure Mario Odyssey is awesome but won't buy it for that alone. There are a few upcoming games I'm interested in but I can easily wait many years with the backlog and lack of time I have.

In earnest, the PS4 may well be the last console I buy. With less and less time and me losing interest in games (except for the artistry of it), I find too much to play/choose from with PS4 alone.
I'm finding myself lacking the desire to play much these days, even when I have time to. Sony is resting on their laurels again and have done nothing to shake things up with their studio's games. The Last of Us was the last time I can think where they truly set the world on fire for a bit and the sequel will just go with the flow as God of War did. High praise, nothing new. Days Gone is a lost cause, dead on arrival and I see nothing ahead but a new console and more of the same old shit. I think I've become jaded with storytelling taking a focus in games, which is why buggy ass games with virtually no story like FO76 get my attention simply for the fact that it's sandbox and lets me do whatever I want in a MP setting.

I want freedom to explore and have fun not looking forward to a story being rammed down my throat. In short, JUST LET ME PLAY THE fuckING GAMES.

I returned a game to BB last night. Girl said I had used reward zone cert on the purchase and was trying to give me 25 cert plus gift card. I had paid fully with my cc and have the order and transaction in my statement. She said it was only ringing up as reward zone, so I just said fuck it and took it.

Did I get swindled here? What incentive would she have to lie about something like this? I'll call CS if I have to, just confused how any of this would be possible given that I paid for the item in full with my Cc.

I'm finding myself lacking the desire to play much these days, even when I have time to. Sony is resting on their laurels again and have done nothing to shake things up with their studio's games. The Last of Us was the last time I can think where they truly set the world on fire for a bit and the sequel will just go with the flow as God of War did. High praise, nothing new. Days Gone is a lost cause, dead on arrival and I see nothing ahead but a new console and more of the same old shit. I think I've become jaded with storytelling taking a focus in games, which is why buggy ass games with virtually no story like FO76 get my attention simply for the fact that it's sandbox and lets me do whatever I want in a MP setting.

I want freedom to explore and have fun not looking forward to a story being rammed down my throat. In short, JUST LET ME PLAY THE fuckING GAMES.
I’m the opposite. I care more about the story then anything else, including the gameplay. I mean, sure it needs to be playable, but all the games are basically the same these days. If there’s no story to move the gameplay along, what motivates someone to play? You like sandbox and MP, so those kinds of games are good for you. I don’t have the time or interest to grind MP against kids I don’t know. So when games try to cater to both you and me, we both lose.

Also, what do people think of Ittle Dew 2+? I’ve got a 20 Reward Cert to spend.

I’m the opposite. I care more about the story then anything else, including the gameplay. I mean, sure it needs to be playable, but all the games are basically the same these days. If there’s no story to move the gameplay along, what motivates someone to play? You like sandbox and MP, so those kinds of games are good for you. I don’t have the time or interest to grind MP against kids I don’t know. So when games try to cater to both you and me, we both lose.

I think the difference here is presentation: some like a huge exposition they can dig into and I prefer minimalism. World detailing the story vs being smacked over the head with what's going on. And games like Skyrim cater to both styles, since I've played it multiple times now as with each Bethesda game. They all have an engrossing story, but my eyes glaze over harder than the Gaben's fingers after a Krispy Kreme run during a dialogue tree. There's enough there mechanically and exploration-wise to keep me interested, despite having all the sidequests and storylines. Granted, Uncharted was the one exception because the characters just oozed charm and were relatable.

Back to the main point, I feel Sony has just coasted on games that are too samey-wamey and trying to capture lightning in a bottle a la Uncharted again. I don't feel they have a flagship franchise anymore and it's not just them. The industry as a whole is stagnating, and it's killing the hobby for me.

Sounds like you feel some type of way about this...

As someone who has owned all 3 Xbox gens, my Switch and PS4 have rendered the latest one obsolete. So he's not wrong...

Anyway, thanks for the post, Tyrok!
Same here...I was a 360 gamer, and I bought the One before any of the others...but between Switch and PS4 I have no need for it anymore.

Guess I struck a nerve trying to make a joke...

But, regardless, there really aren't many worthwhile exclusives on the system compared to the other two...

That may be about to change with all their studio acquisitions, but only time will tell, and we likely won't see the fruits of it until the next console generation.

Haven't played it but I heard it's pretty good. Like Zelda with puzzles, if you like that type of game.

bread's done
Back