New Releases Available Friday:

• :xb1: :ps4: :pc: Anthem $59.99
  • :xb1: :ps4: Anthem Legion of Dawn Edition $79.99
    Free Steelbook with purchase of Anthem
  • Anthem will be available for purchase Thursday 2/21 at 9pm local time

Game Deals:

• :xb1: :ps4: Assassin's Creed Odyssey $29.99 Save $30
  • :xb1: Forza Horizon 4 $34.99 Save $25
  • Free Steelbook with purchase of Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!
Everything Else:

• Save $50 on select Xbox One Consoles
  • Save $10 on select Xbox One Controller with purchase of an Xbox One Console
  • Save $10 on 3 or 6 Months of Xbox Live with purchase of an Xbox One Console
  • SteelSeries Arctis 7 Wireless DTS Headphone Gaming Headset $119.99 Save $30
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• A Star is Born $24.99
  • A Star is Born Only @ BB Steelbook $29.99
  • A Star is Born 4K $29.99
  • A Star is Born 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $34.99
  • Robin Hood (2018) $19.99 Save $2
  • Robin Hood (2018) 4K $29.99
  • Robin Hood (2018) 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $29.99 Save $5
  • Overlord $22.99 Save $5
  • Overlord 4K $27.99 Save $2

Last edited by a moderator:
You can buy the game now online and get the steelbook! And the steelbook itself is priced at 99 cents.

But you CAN'T purchase it separately as expected.
Odd, I noticed that too. However instore the steelbook rings up at $40, checked earlier today. Stock levels are 25 for most stores, some have 32. Majority of the stores are low on stock of the actual game tho lol, especially the eevee version. Keep that in mind of your risking instore pick up. Another wave of steelbook we be sent out next week for that ad as well.

Thought about doing a shipping one too.
It works if you separate the orders to SB shipped, game store pickup, and the one I placed as a backup to ship is already processing and won't let me cancel the SB (could still cancel the game though, and did). Seems like that's a surefire bet!

It works if you separate the orders to SB shipped, game store pickup, and the one I placed as a backup to ship is already processing and won't let me cancel the SB (could still cancel the game though, and did). Seems like that's a surefire bet!
Whoa! So just order it online and the cancel the game after the order was completed?

I wonder if anyone has tried picking it up in-store yet.

Made a store pick up order, changed to shipping and cancelled the game. $1.06 for the steelbook is an amazing deal if it works.

Made a store pick up order, changed to shipping and cancelled the game. $1.06 for the steelbook is an amazing deal if it works.
Does your bank still get like a verification charge for the entire order? Like including the game? That's what in curious about.

Does your bank still get like a verification charge for the entire order? Like including the game? That's what in curious about.
Yes but it's quicky refunded (well in my case I have Bank of America) not including the amount for the Steelbook

My account was charged $51.95 but refunded $50.88

Yes but it's quicky refunded (well in my case I have Bank of America) not including the amount for the Steelbook
My account was charged $51.95 but refunded $50.88
Yeah I'm taking my chances for sure. Not losing this steelbook! Hopefully it gets refunded quickly.
Looks like they fixed the loophole, can't do it anymore.
Still works on the app! Place the order and then cancel just the game through the Best Buy app! Worked for me like 3 minutes ago!

I mean it's slightly more effort but you could just order the game and then return it to BB at some point, since the steelbook is showing 99 cents even if they charge you, what do you really lose? I'll probably just keep the game so I have something to put in the steelbook though honestly.

Just picked up my steel book after cancelling the game with no issues

Edit - I also got a full refund, they didn't prorate for the steel book

Looks like it was refunded immediately once I cancelled the game. SB now shows as preparing and can't be changed. Good luck everyone!

In Best Buy in Florida City FL, and they won't sell them till the 23rd and pulled all the steelbooks and the game now shows put of stock (both) despite 20 plus copies staring us all in the face.

The manager here is now claiming that corporate just sent out some type of a message stating not to sell the game due to an order issue. I don't know how much water that holds but for those of you who got the case good deal.

The manager here is now claiming that corporate just sent out some type of a message stating not to sell the game due to an order issue. I don't know how much water that holds but for those of you who got the case good deal.
LMAO, love how these managers just fucking lie out their ass to stopgap people from using their system the way it was designed. Not our fault we're able to use loopholes they don't close first.

Gaaaah, still waiting for my steelbook as "preparing"....

LMAO, love how these managers just fucking lie out their ass to stopgap people from using their system the way it was designed. Not our fault we're able to use loopholes they don't close first.
Yeah it was the only person who had even asked about the game and I was actually going to buy a copy of the Pikachu since I already got my daughter the Eevee. They took my name and number and everything else down advises as soon as a POS comes up. Give me a holler and I can come in and get my steelbook in game. They now say that the POS was correct and today is the street Dayton not the 23rd but due to the message they won't sell anymore.

I just ordered the game and steelbook. If I change my mind I can always trade the game into GS for $45. Not as good as $1 steelbook but better than nothing.

Whoa! So just order it online and the cancel the game after the order was completed?

I wonder if anyone has tried picking it up in-store yet.
Yes, and I haven't tried this morning so IDK if they stopped this. You can order it for shipping, then change the game to store pickup if you want it shipped, then cancel the game (wait a few seconds then refresh the order page and it will allow you to cancel). Or you can simply set the whole thing for store pickup, then cancel the game once it allows. The store will just get a pull ticket for the SB and you should be able to just walk in and pick it up for a $1, but YMMV how smoothly it goes. Some stores like to wear their BB capes and deny legitimate transactions because it helps them sleep at night.

I picked up my 2 copies of the steelbook via store pickup. Not for resale one for me and the other to give to a coworker for free. No issues except some weird guy standing in the parking lot. When I left I called the non emergency number for the police for a welfare checkup. I wasn’t sure if Best Buy could call the police since technically isn’t wasn’t doing or saying anything but a non employee can. They were aware of it when I left the way everyone seemed to be watching outside. Then on way home some idiot tried to get hit by jay walking in front of me. What a 17 minute trip to and from Best Buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got my $1 steelbook picked up a few hours ago while I was out. My order still said "preparing" but I took a chance and just headed to the store. Turned out they were just getting some picks done as I showed up, and I got mine with no fuss at all.

The steel book at my Best Buy said it was 40$ I laughed pretty hard wish I would have gotten a picture
Yeah they're forty dollars everywhere lol. In the morning it was 1 dollar if you cancelled the game in your order and later on it became 12 dollars. But even at 40 dollars my Best Buy said that you HAD to buy the game with it.

I feel like I'm the only person online that legitimately ordered the game and the steelbook, rather than game the system with the return/cancel thing. But at least I got it discounted with my ending GCU price and the 25% off coupon.

I feel like I'm the only person online that legitimately ordered the game and the steelbook, rather than game the system with the return/cancel thing. But at least I got it discounted with my ending GCU price and the 25% off coupon.
Yeah, I'm not really into loopholes for stuff like this. Like if you want it for the $12.99 price that's cool but ordering and cancelling stuff and exploiting the system is borderline to me. On the one hand it's a big corporation so part of me is like F them let the people do whatever, but then part of me is like... Do what the deal was intended for lol.

Yeah, I'm not really into loopholes for stuff like this. Like if you want it for the $12.99 price that's cool but ordering and cancelling stuff and exploiting the system is borderline to me. On the one hand it's a big corporation so part of me is like F them let the people do whatever, but then part of me is like... Do what the deal was intended for lol.
I get that...but why release this a few months later and essentially punish early adopters with no steelbook?

I get that...but why release this a few months later and essentially punish early adopters with no steelbook?
To drum up sales I suppose. I agree that I don't like the tactic. I bought the Switch Let's Go bundle so I'm arguably even more annoyed since I couldn't get a steel for $400? Didn't even come with a physical copy of the game

I was able to get it for $0.00 through the noted "cancellation" trick--even after the increase to $12.99. It might be important to note that I also ordered a 3DS game in the same order. Had no issues picking up the steelbook and 3ds game in-store an hour ago.

bread's done
Back