New Releases Available Friday:

• :xb1: :ps4: :pc: Anthem $59.99
  • :xb1: :ps4: Anthem Legion of Dawn Edition $79.99
    Free Steelbook with purchase of Anthem
  • Anthem will be available for purchase Thursday 2/21 at 9pm local time

Game Deals:

• :xb1: :ps4: Assassin's Creed Odyssey $29.99 Save $30
  • :xb1: Forza Horizon 4 $34.99 Save $25
  • Free Steelbook with purchase of Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!
Everything Else:

• Save $50 on select Xbox One Consoles
  • Save $10 on select Xbox One Controller with purchase of an Xbox One Console
  • Save $10 on 3 or 6 Months of Xbox Live with purchase of an Xbox One Console
  • SteelSeries Arctis 7 Wireless DTS Headphone Gaming Headset $119.99 Save $30
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• A Star is Born $24.99
  • A Star is Born Only @ BB Steelbook $29.99
  • A Star is Born 4K $29.99
  • A Star is Born 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $34.99
  • Robin Hood (2018) $19.99 Save $2
  • Robin Hood (2018) 4K $29.99
  • Robin Hood (2018) 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $29.99 Save $5
  • Overlord $22.99 Save $5
  • Overlord 4K $27.99 Save $2

Last edited by a moderator:
I get that...but why release this a few months later and essentially punish early adopters with no steelbook?
Punished? How are you being punished? No one made you buy the game when you did, you bought it because it was worth it to you at that time. For a lot of people it was too, for others it was not. Now to try and entice those who haven't bought the game yet, they are simply luring then with a bonus item as opposed to say a price cut or sale. I would've rather had a traditional sale, but seeing the amount of discussion on this promo, I'm curious to see if this alternative method of increasing sales actually works.

Was able to pickup at store no problems or questions asked. Backup order set to ship is still pending ATM but I'm certain it will go through tonight or in the morning. Might still try to see if I can get one for the game I bought about a month ago, but at this point glad I have it in hand. :D

To drum up sales I suppose. I agree that I don't like the tactic. I bought the Switch Let's Go bundle so I'm arguably even more annoyed since I couldn't get a steel for $400? Didn't even come with a physical copy of the game
I’m with you as I also go the Switch bundle and hated digital only (even though I know that’s how it is now). I just ended up getting both game and steelbook because I would hate to get the steelbook and not even be able to put the game in it.

Yeah? No? Anything? If I bought the Eevee bundle Jan 29th, can I get a steelbook if they look that up?
Maybe no one answered you before because no one knows the answer? Even if someone knows for sure but just didn't happen to respond, there's no need to be snarky about it if you don't get a reply. That happens to everyone at some point. You could always just try it anyway. Worst that happens is they say no.

Wasn't being snarky, dropped a q hours ago came back to a new conversation lol. But yeah I'll give it a shot today and let you know what happens.

Yeah? No? Anything? If I bought the Eevee bundle Jan 29th, can I get a steelbook if they look that up?
If you have Elite (30 days to return) or Elite Plus (45 days to return), you should be able to do a return rebuy. If you’re more Elite or Elite Plus, rip.

Punished? How are you being punished? No one made you buy the game when you did, you bought it because it was worth it to you at that time. For a lot of people it was too, for others it was not. Now to try and entice those who haven't bought the game yet, they are simply luring then with a bonus item as opposed to say a price cut or sale. I would've rather had a traditional sale, but seeing the amount of discussion on this promo, I'm curious to see if this alternative method of increasing sales actually works.
Punished might be the wrong word, just sucks that early adopters didn't get a bonus...but I understand your point.

So do you guys think theyll have the Anthem Steelbook for sale? Kinda hope so
Just pre-order the game to get the steelbook and if you really want to wait on the game return just that.

I've got it pre-ordered, I know opinions on it are mixed but with GCU + $10 reward certificate and the steelbook, I figure I can't really go wrong.

Just wanted somewhere to put this - BEST BUY SUPPORT IS  fuck ING AWFUL

My GCU ending promo code I got isn't working, so I called in - I'm currently on my 9th transfer BACK to Best Buy support after having somehow being transferred the credit card department. If this is what Hell is like, I'm going to church this Sunday

Edit: One hour and 12 transfers later, and I just hung up. Also noticed that after each transfer the audio quality on both ends deteriorates further. I'll just stick with Amazon, life is too short 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted somewhere to put this - BEST BUY SUPPORT IS fuck ING AWFUL

My GCU ending promo code I got isn't working, so I called in - I'm currently on my 9th transfer BACK to Best Buy support after having somehow being transferred the credit card department. If this is what Hell is like, I'm going to church this Sunday
I've mostly had good experiences with BB's support staff. If you ask for a supervisor though I'm pretty sure they transfer you back to a higher tier of CS that's in the states (the one time I had to escalate I got a guy in Minnesota, where I'm at)

Gamestop is where you go to experience the 9th circle of hell though for customer service.

Just wanted somewhere to put this - BEST BUY SUPPORT IS fuck ING AWFUL

Edit: One hour and 12 transfers later, and I just hung up. Also noticed that after each transfer the audio quality on both ends deteriorates further. I'll just stick with Amazon, life is too short
https://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gamers-Club/Save-25-on-the-Game-of-Your-choice-coupon-link-not-working/td-p/1259351/page/4

i found this a couple weeks ago. their fix is to just give you a flat 750 my best buy points($15). i tried to get something worked out to get the actual discount on division ultimate, but they wouldn't do anything other than the points. better than nothing i guess

https://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gamers-Club/Save-25-on-the-Game-of-Your-choice-coupon-link-not-working/td-p/1259351/page/4

i found this a couple weeks ago. their fix is to just give you a flat 750 my best buy points($15). i tried to get something worked out to get the actual discount on division ultimate, but they wouldn't do anything other than the points. better than nothing i guess
I've mostly had good experiences with BB's support staff. If you ask for a supervisor though I'm pretty sure they transfer you back to a higher tier of CS that's in the states (the one time I had to escalate I got a guy in Minnesota, where I'm at)

Gamestop is where you go to experience the 9th circle of hell though for customer service.
I'd settle for anything at this point. Tried calling back and going the supervisor route - was put on hold so that they could "check the validity of the email address I received the code from", and the call disconnected. Some things in life just aren't meant to be. :-({|=

I'd settle for anything at this point. Tried calling back and going the supervisor route - was put on hold so that they could "check the validity of the email address I received the code from", and the call disconnected. Some things in life just aren't meant to be. :-({|=
You could give online chat a shot - since at least there you can just mindlessly pay attention while they research the issue and it doesn't tie you up as much!

for anyone curious my order of the SB for pokemon just shipped out even after i cancelled the game and they kept it the $1.08. so that method worked for me. thanks for the heads up everyone

My GCU expires next month, sad to say good bye to Best buy, we've had some good times. I likely will only shop there once or twice a year now when I absolutely need something same day. Hopefully they make a new gamer program but I highly doubt it.

Yeah I'd second the suggestion to use the customer service forums for help. I've had several issues in the past on getting refunded points when returning some orders that were used with redeemed My Best Buy points, missing $10 preorder credits, missing preorder bonuses like the Smash Bros. Ultimate coin. But after making a topic about it I'd get a response from Best Buy support staff to prompt me to send them a private message with order number and address information to verify things, eventually ending up on getting things resolved.

My GCU expires next month, sad to say good bye to Best buy, we've had some good times. I likely will only shop there once or twice a year now when I absolutely need something same day. Hopefully they make a new gamer program but I highly doubt it.
Yep today is my last day of GCU, unless by some miracle Best Buy has a mistake in the system and lets me continue on having it. Seeing as I've qualified for Elite Plus through this year into next, I'd appreciate that. I used my 25% off code for Pikachu Let's Go + Pokeball + Steelbook, taking the price down to $65.54 after Illinois awful 9% taxes. Also placed some GCU priced preorders for games with gift cards as the payment method so I hope those prices stick.

Yep steelbook shipped! Coming tomorrow morning and I can pick it up at the UPS Customer Center and not have to wait for the delivery truck! Paid one dollar.

I on the other hand just got a delayed email for the Eevee edition and steelbook. And I actually bought it to keep didn't even do anything weird like cancel the game ughhhh

for anyone curious my order of the SB for pokemon just shipped out even after i cancelled the game and they kept it the $1.08. so that method worked for me. thanks for the heads up everyone
Yeah, mine got FedEx'd overnight for a $1 purchase. Brilliant logistics there BB. :lol:

Let’s see if anthem’s gonna be a horrible grind fest or not
From early impressions, reviews, critiques: yes, yes it will be. But not for the reasons you might think, it's because the core quests are all alike. They vary from collection, to charge a battery, to defend a location throughout the 10 hour main campaign. Sometimes multiple times in succession in their attempt to vary the mission lol. And this isn't even endgame, which I've not heard a whole lot about other than the fact there are three "raids", or realistically bosses to kill, from strongholds. The first one coming early in the game, aka the "demo" stronghold.

It's honestly not looking good, but I had fun with the tanky javelin when playing with the SO. Game might be better in six months, but for now it's just going to be pretty rough as an unfinished game.

so, i guess  if my GCU expires on the 27th of February and I still havent received the extra 25% off, im probably not going to get it? seems like everyone mentioned getting theirs a couple weeks before expiration.

so, i guess if my GCU expires on the 27th of February and I still havent received the extra 25% off, im probably not going to get it? seems like everyone mentioned getting theirs a couple weeks before expiration.
i got mine 5 days before my gcu expired. i'd make sure you save your code as soon as you get it. a lot of people have had issues with the link in the email not working after x amount of time.

From early impressions, reviews, critiques: yes, yes it will be. But not for the reasons you might think, it's because the core quests are all alike. They vary from collection, to charge a battery, to defend a location throughout the 10 hour main campaign. Sometimes multiple times in succession in their attempt to vary the mission lol. And this isn't even endgame, which I've not heard a whole lot about other than the fact there are three "raids", or realistically bosses to kill, from strongholds. The first one coming early in the game, aka the "demo" stronghold.

It's honestly not looking good, but I had fun with the tanky javelin when playing with the SO. Game might be better in six months, but for now it's just going to be pretty rough as an unfinished game.
That's basically how I felt about Anthem when I played the demo. I didn't find the shooting to be very engaging compared to something like Destiny or even The Division and the bulk of the fun for me came from flying around with the jetpack. I am holding out for a drop in price and will get Anthem when it is $30 or less.

This was up in the video games section at my local BB. False advertising or no?[attachment=31841:20190215_103729.jpg]

Welp I just got my Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu + Pokeball and Steelbook order in the mail, "safely" secured in a bubble envelope that got crushed. At least the steelbook is dent/crush free, but the Let's Go box is in terrible shape. Think I'm going to return it and opt for keeping the steelbook somehow unless they ask for the $40 for it. It's a nice kick in the teeth since today is my last day of GCU as well.

Welp I just got my Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu + Pokeball and Steelbook order in the mail, "safely" secured in a bubble envelope that got crushed. At least the steelbook is dent/crush free, but the Let's Go box is in terrible shape. Think I'm going to return it and opt for keeping the steelbook somehow unless they ask for the $40 for it. It's a nice kick in the teeth since today is my last day of GCU as well.
Why not just.... exchange it for another copy?

Why not just.... exchange it for another copy?
Well tbh I had already purchased the same Let's Go Pokeball order a week earlier without the extra 25% off coupon and steelbook, so I intended to return that duplicate, but now with the newer one being crushed I'll return it as the original more expensive order. Guess a positive is I have more justification for returning than just a price difference. Still blows that return shipping costs me, and the nearest store is an hour away.

Got my game and steelbook today and they both came in a box with a bunch of air pockets. Of course both were in great condition.

my $1 loophole steelbook was totes scrunched. Guess i should have paid $65 like a good customer.
That sucks. Mine went through easy.
I keep finding stupid ways to collect unnecessary shit. Amiibo sunk me in, and now these switch steelbooks.

my $1 loophole steelbook was totes scrunched. Guess i should have paid $65 like a good customer.
Well like I said earlier I paid for a regular order with steelbook, minus the GCU and 25% discount, yet got shafted with a bubble envelope. Kind of surprising too as Best Buy usually sends out amiibos and even some standard game cases in boxes to me. Guess they're cutting costs.

bread's done
Back