Best Buy Ad 8/17-8/23

Twitter

Banned
save $30 when you buy 2 select ps4 games 

^ shows the following games which are $39.99 each: killzone shadow fail, knack, lego marvel, and nba 2k14

+ more titles in store.

not sure what this deal is, some of these games are already $20 off so don't ask me how its $30 off if you buy 2 or ill hurt you

thats it #twitter #out

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty excited if The Show is $40 for this.  Knack and The Show for $34 after GCU?

Hell yeah.  I'd even ASM2 at that price point.  

Although I doubt anything other than the main 4 will be that price.  Too bad I just bought Lego Marvel used at GS.

To save money, it's the amazon way. I heard they used to give employees free 2 day shipping. If you want that now you have to buy prime out of pocket.
Amazon's belief is in order to get the best talent, money spent on perks like discounts & freebies is better spent on increasing employee salaries, at least at corporate. Can't say I really argue with them. Nearly everything they do, they do for a reason. IMO, they've been much more right than wrong, but I'm a biased fanboy

I believe amazon has yet to turn a profit as they are losing to walmart in online sales.
they make a profit every year but its miniscule especially compared to valuations, but they claim they would rather pour the money into growth plans (more warehouses, better delivery, video on demand tech, drone research, kindle/phone kinda stuff, etc) than slow that down. It makes sense, its better for them to grow and eat up walmart/best buy/gamestop/Safeway/Vons/Whole Foods/etc than slow down and let the competitors catch up.

at some point its gonna go south when the growth actually slows down and people decide that buying at best buy is pretty much as good as buying at amazon, but I think that point is still really far away especially as Walmart, Best Buy, etc still screw up so many things so often and Amazon still has a ways to go before hitting the goal of instant gratification of stuff you order.

You rarely ever see price mistake kinda stuff from amazon, and even if you do it lasts just minutes. Pretty much every day of the week you see a new error at Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc and some go unfixed for weeks or months. The technical and logistics edge Amazon has over everyone else is just monumental, and every year it seems to grow instead of decrease which is bizarre.

I hope these $10 coupons are coded to stack with GCU without issue come release day.  I think these coupons will be available for use by anybody.  Despite, the name being on there, there is no specific myBestBuy account number displayed.  I have my mom's account as a secondary myBestBuy account and even though I used it for the trade in (which has her name on it), the coupon printed out my name since the employee entered the name displayed on my driver's license.

Wanted to pick up Garden Warfare and Diablo 3 but lack of any incentives is a bummer. Even the so called pre-order bonus are boo boo.

Has anyone found out exactly what games will be part of this tomorrow besides the few listed in the first couple of posts?

Hoping for maybe PvZ or Transformers. Picked up Murdered for $35 from TRU.

Has anyone found out exactly what games will be part of this tomorrow besides the few listed in the first couple of posts?
On the ad it says more titles in the fine print. The scans of the ad have the fine print cut off. I tried to get the ads on friday. I tried to get the ads yesterday and today. The free spanish newspaper has the weekly ads comes out on friday. For some reason last weeks paper is still stocked in the bins.

so psyched. been dying to get knack and my bro gifted me lego marvel yesterday with the receipt.

Going to return tomorrow and rebuy with Knack with my GCU. Should get back a few backs for buying both games :)

The back of the ad shows infamous second son, mlb 14 the show, amazing Spiderman 2 to go along with killzone, knack, and Lego marvel

The games (infamous second son, mlb 14 the show, amazing Spiderman 2) mentioned on the back of the page also $39.99?
Doesn't have a price listed I see. I would assume $59.99 normal retail. But 80-30=$50(less with gcu) for infamous and mlb would be sweet!

Click on weekly deals at the top. It does say that the in store offer varies so it might be a 30 dollar GC online and 30 off in store.

So do we think there will be additional titles in-store? The OP stated NBA 2K14 was included, but the online list shows MLB 14. I wouldn't mind picking up Infamous, but I already have Killzone, I can get Knack from on.Playstation for $10, and neither of the other two particularly interest me.

Knack & KZ were both $20 pre-GCU a little while back plus wasn`t there a glitch with controller deal that allowed both games & the controller for under $90 when the TIV`s for both were pretty good

So will movers coupon stack with GCU in store? Wont online.
More importantly, can you use multiple coupons to take 10% off each game? I have four of them laying around.

EDIT: I need to learn reads. "Limit 1 coupon per transaction. Limit 1 coupon per customer."

I imagine it should still stack with the bundle though. I used one on a PS4 package deal a few weeks back. It will likely just take 10% off the most expensive item (which I posit because even though Killzone and PS+ both rang up with price points in the package I bought, the 10% still came off of the console itself).

So i went into the store and bought Knack and Lego marvel for $31 combined after tax.

Knack was on sale for $33 and then my gcu and $30 off promo knocked it down to $31 out the door!

So i went into the store and bought Knack and Lego marvel for $31 combined after tax.

Knack was on sale for $33 and then my gcu and $30 off promo knocked it down to $31 out the door!
Based on your receipt, did your GCU discount apply before or after the $30 off?

bread's done
Back