Best Buy Ad 8/17-8/23

Twitter

Banned
save $30 when you buy 2 select ps4 games 

^ shows the following games which are $39.99 each: killzone shadow fail, knack, lego marvel, and nba 2k14

+ more titles in store.

not sure what this deal is, some of these games are already $20 off so don't ask me how its $30 off if you buy 2 or ill hurt you

thats it #twitter #out

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for you guys: During the Bestbuy.com glitch a few months back (Buy 1, Get 1 50% off with the 50% discount applying to both items in a purchase), I ordered two copies of the PS3 Sports Pack containing MLB 14 and NBA 2k14 and one copy of MLB 14 on PS3, and while no GCU discount was applied, I think they still count towards my 3-copy limit. Does that mean I can't buy a PS4 copy of MLB 14 today without going over the GCU limit?

Question for you guys: During the Bestbuy.com glitch a few months back (Buy 1, Get 1 50% off with the 50% discount applying to both items in a purchase), I ordered two copies of the PS3 Sports Pack containing MLB 14 and NBA 2k14 and one copy of MLB 14 on PS3, and while no GCU discount was applied, I think they still count towards my 3-copy limit. Does that mean I can't buy a PS4 copy of MLB 14 today without going over the GCU limit?
You have bought zero copies for ps4 so you still have 3 you can buy.

From what I understand it's 3 per system

They recently changed there policy on the gcu game limit , it's now 3 titles per console instead of 3 total .

they changed the GCU limits recently to 3 per platform per year. So, you can buy a :ps4: Mlb 14 today no problem.

Considering getting infamous and mlb. But it only comes out to $33 a piece. Thats the same if they were $40 before gcu. Glad to hear gcu works in our favor though.

So i went into the store and bought Knack and Lego marvel for $31 combined after tax.

Knack was on sale for $33 and then my gcu and $30 off promo knocked it down to $31 out the door!
So, online it is a $30 gift card, and in store it is $30 off. Considering Knack and Killzone, but if I do it, it'll have to be in-store to save about $3 in tax.

So i went into the store and bought Knack and Lego marvel for $31 combined after tax.

Knack was on sale for $33 and then my gcu and $30 off promo knocked it down to $31 out the door!
Wait... I thought the fine print says the $30 gift card gets sent to us afterwards. It's coming off at the register?!?!

damn, you can basically get Marvel and NBA for $34 + tax and trade them in to Gamestop for $56.80 today. Good profit but I really need to keep my best buy credit as its a pain to move gamestop credit to best buy lol.

damn, you can basically get Marvel and NBA for $34 + tax and trade them in to Gamestop for $56.80 today. Good profit but I really need to keep my best buy credit as its a pain to move gamestop credit to best buy lol.
MLB 14 & Infamous: SS are better at $75.50.

That doesn't work online. Hmmmm.... maybe the list of games in-store and online are different...
There are some discrepancies. Online I found that this link shows the games that work.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat338900050019&type=category

I also saw in their add that Amazing Spider Man 2 is advertised but doesn't work online.

http://deals.bestbuy.com/#!/video+games

I added a few games to my cart to spot check which games worked and it appears only the list of games on the first link worked for online purchases. However I did notice that there was a deal for MGS V currently which I didn't know about.

Save $10 on Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Save $10 and explore Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, featuring unprecedented visual realism and incredible, edge-of-your-seat action. Play the game now redefining tactical espionage gameplay.
Offer expires: 08/30/2014
Welcome to Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, introducing an open-world design for the first time in the Metal Gear Solid franchise. Experience total freedom of play and decide how each mission plays out–whether you want to use stealth or force to achieve completion–and live with the consequences of your decisions.

Offer available online at BestBuy.com® only.

To redeem, provide My Best Buy™ member ID at checkout.

MGS V shows as $16 in my cart after the $10 off and GCU applied.

Damn i wish lol. Though, I wonder if you PM MLB 14 to amazon for 39.88 and get another game if you will still get the 30 off. I know you wont get the GCU but would be even better in the long run.

Can confirm that pm'ing amazon for mlb works. Got lego marvel for 16.99 (39.99-8gcu-15 deal) and mlb for 24.88 (59.99 pm to 39.88-15 deal). 41.87 total for both + tax. Flips for 67.80 at gstop with $15 extra for 2 ps4 games (last day for deal).

Can confirm that pm'ing amazon for mlb works. Got lego marvel for 16.99 (39.99-8gcu-15 deal) and mlb for 24.88 (59.99 pm to 39.88-15 deal). 41.87 total for both + tax. Flips for 67.80 at gstop with $15 extra for 2 ps4 games (last day for deal).
You net a slightly better profit with NBA 2k14 instead of LEGO Marvel ($70.00 total after bonuses), but thanks for the confirmation.

four games at a time also works and takes 15 off each game, didnt try duplicates tho. 10% movers also stacks and takes 10% off pre gcu ie $4 off a 40 game. knack cost 7 after all discounts, gonna keep it and trade rest

Pm will prob erase movers cpn prob

Ok, I just bought nba2k14, lego marvel super heroes, and 2 copies of mlb 14 the show and flipped them all to gamestop. Went to 2 different game stops though because I felt funny trading in 2 copies of the same game at the same store. Thinking of going back for more. :) Thanks CAG!!!

$89.70 with tax total with 2 separate transactions since I wasn't sure if it would work with 2 copies of mlb on the same receipt then got $137.80 credit at gamestop so $48.10 profit!

Got shot down at BB.  Lady said i can't pricematch and do the $30 off deal because it is double dipping.  Hopefully i have better luck next time.

If you have a movers coupon and GCU it can be better to do movers+GCU than PM, but it depends on a second (and third, fourth, etc) getting the 10% movers discount making up for the loss of PM.  So for example MLB 14 and NBA 2k14 would be $40+tax together ($42 + 28 - 30) with GCU and movers, whereas with PM & GCU it would be $42+tax ($40 + 32 - 30).  The more games you add that get the 10% discount combining with GCU the better it is, but if you just do multiple copies of MLB then PM is better since no extra games are getting 10% off.  Without GCU the PM is way better, if you can convince the cashier.

The +$15 trade 2 PS4 bonus ends today at gamestop, so don't bother trying to do it tomorrow, you'll be losing out on most of the bonus trade value.  I bought around $100 of games using the GCs I got for all my madden trades, and traded it in for around $200 of gamestop credit and am keeping knack for $10, maybe I can finish it by next weeks Gamestop 50% bonus week.

Just went to best buy. Price matched 2 copies of mlb to walmart and grabbed nba2k14 and lego marvel. Came to $160 plus tax lol. Ouch

If you have a movers coupon and GCU it can be better to do movers+GCU than PM, but it depends on a second (and third, fourth, etc) getting the 10% movers discount making up for the loss of PM. So for example MLB 14 and NBA 2k14 would be $40+tax together ($42 + 28 - 30) with GCU and movers, whereas with PM & GCU it would be $42+tax ($40 + 32 - 30). The more games you add that get the 10% discount combining with GCU the better it is, but if you just do multiple copies of MLB then PM is better since no extra games are getting 10% off. Without GCU the PM is way better, if you can convince the cashier.

The +$15 trade 2 PS4 bonus ends today at gamestop, so don't bother trying to do it tomorrow, you'll be losing out on most of the bonus trade value. I bought around $100 of games using the GCs I got for all my madden trades, and traded it in for around $200 of gamestop credit and am keeping knack for $10, maybe I can finish it by next weeks Gamestop 50% bonus week.
Thanks for pointing out another way to do this deal, i would not have thought about doing it that way. I do have GCU and Movers coupons so i might give it a try. Hopefully i have the time to swing by again before GS closes today.

Nice job man, doubling up that credit!

I handed her two mlbs and she scanned them and saw the bundle price down to $45 each. She then price matched to walmart down to $40 each and the bundle discount disappeared in a proof of smoke. Then whatever she did to override also annihilated any bundle discount on the other two games and my gcu did not come off anything son of a bitch!

Between Price Matching and GCU discount, everything gets a bit tricky. So here's what most ppl should do if you wish to flip games from Bestbuy to Gamestop:

1. Purchase 1x MLB and (1x Marvel Lego or 1x NBA 2k14) 

2. Bring it up to the register.

3. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR GCU MEMBERSHIP NUMBER UNTIL THE END.

4. LET THEM SCAN THE MLB Game First AND DO NOT LET THEM SCAN THE 2nd ITEM YET.

5. Ask to price match AMAZON before you guys hand them the Marvel Lego Game to scan.

6. Hand them the Mavel Lego game. (At this point, each game should automatically take off additional 15 dollars)

7. At this point, Marvel Lego will not be able to get a price match since the price is already lower than anywhere else and any Pricematching will not work.

8. Give them your GCU membership number and at this point, everything will be discounted an additional 20%.

*2k14 yields you about 2-3 dollars more in total.

Enjoy :)

Between Price Matching and GCU discount, everything gets a bit tricky. So here's what most ppl should do if you wish to flip games from Bestbuy to Gamestop:

5. Ask to price match AMAZON before you guys hand them the Marvel Lego Game to scan.
6. Hand them the Mavel Lego game. (At this point, each game should automatically take off additional 15 dollars)
7. At this point, Marvel Lego will not be able to get a price match since the price is already lower than anywhere else and any Pricematching will not work.
8. Give them your GCU membership number and at this point, everything will be discounted an additional 20%.

I haven't done this myself, and I appreciate the step by step, but I believe you are mistaken on step 8 - price matched items (MLB) don't get 20% GCU discount.

Super info and this is precisely what I thought of when I tried to figure out what went wrong. I honestly believe I'm out the door for $84 as planned if I do all in exactly this order. Instead the best I could do is get it down to $120 after adjustments. Naturally they cant take off the $30 on the mlb games with the price match since they said thats double dipping and the other two games they took off the $30 first followed by th he gcu discount resulting in less savings.

I flipped nba and lego to gs and used that to buy diablo for tuesday. Mlb games obviously get returned and I cant buy any more copies to avoid banning. Bad day

bread's done
Back