Best Buy ad 8/25-8/31

chatgirl4

Banned
Midnight opening for Madden 25, visit bestbuy.com/gamingevents for a list of participating retailers.

Madden 25  :360:  :ps3: $59.99

Guaranteed $45 trade in value :360:  :ps3: through october 5th

Madden 25 Game Guide $14.99

100% Bonus trade in for all games traded in

A Realm Reborn: Final Fantasy 14  :ps3: $39.99  :pc: $29.99

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Legendary Edition  :360:  :ps3:  :pc: $39.99

Call of Duty Black OPS II  :360:  :ps3: Wii U  :pc: $39.99

Minecraft :360: $17.99

XBOX 360 E 250GB Console $299.99

Purchase the wireless controller with transforming D-Pad for $54.99, save $20 off an 1600 Microsoft Points Card

XBOX Live 1600 Points Card $19.99

Wireless Controller with transforming D-Pad $54.99

Purchase the XBOX 360 E 250GB Console, save $40 off Madden 25 12 Month XBOX Gold Subscription

Madden 25 12 Month XBOX Live Gold membership $59.99

Pre-Order Grand Theft Auto V and relieve your Rockstar Favorites

Grand Theft Auto Episodes from Liberty City  :360:  :ps3: $14.99

Red Dead Redemption :360:  :ps3:  $14.99

Midnight Club Los Angeles :360:  :ps3: $14.99

Grand Theft Auto IV :360:  :ps3: $14.99

Credit to BainBridge's_Stache @ br.com

Thanks guys for the info on the amazon cards.

And im trading in The Last Of Us too. I'm guessing its going to drop to $15 making it $30 due to the 100% trade in. I dont think that it will drop less than $15 but if it does, I'll trade it in to GameStop for $25 plus 30%.

Obviously a mistake on Best Buy but if you add GTA V to your cart on this link it says you can get a free Rock Star game for free.  Under the list it shows GTA V and GTA V Collectors for free.  Put in the 59.99 GTA V then clicked on the free one and it shows you get 2 GTA V for 59.99 total plus tax.  However if you delete the 59.99 GTA V and keep the free one it still will check you out as free with some tax?  I paid 94 cents.  Anyways obviously a mistake but maybe BBY will hook up a gift card or something

heres the link

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat309700050002&type=category

Nice! I, however, will chose 1 PS3 and 1 XBOX360 version. 30 bucks each not to mention $10 promotion. Not bad!

Obviously a mistake on Best Buy but if you add GTA V to your cart on this link it says you can get a free Rock Star game for free. Under the list it shows GTA V and GTA V Collectors for free. Put in the 59.99 GTA V then clicked on the free one and it shows you get 2 GTA V for 59.99 total plus tax. However if you delete the 59.99 GTA V and keep the free one it still will check you out as free with some tax? I paid 94 cents. Anyways obviously a mistake but maybe BBY will hook up a gift card or something

heres the link

Nice! I, however, will chose 1 PS3 and 1 XBOX360 version. 30 bucks each not to mention $10 promotion. Not bad!
beware...I noticed this an hour ago, so I decided to order. But when I checked my bank statement, there's 2 pending Best Buy charges (totaling $130 with taxes) even though the order page states around $65

beware...I noticed this an hour ago, so I decided to order. But when I checked my bank statement, there's 2 pending Best Buy charges (totaling $130 with taxes) even though the order page states around $65
You must have refreshed the order page or something because I only have one pending charge for the 64.xx that was on the order page.

Guaranteed $45 trade in value :360: :ps3: through october 5th
I'm reading that as their secret way of telling us that the 100% trade promo will be good until at least 10/5. I hope so, that'll give me enough time to beat and turn my $10 Gamefly Dead Space 3 into $25 credit.

How come the website is still showing a 50% trade-in bonus.  I was going to take some stuff in today, but it doesn't look like the site has switched to 100% as advertised.  Can anyone confirm they are actually doing 100% and not 50% that the site is showing?

Obviously a mistake on Best Buy but if you add GTA V to your cart on this link it says you can get a free Rock Star game for free. Under the list it shows GTA V and GTA V Collectors for free. Put in the 59.99 GTA V then clicked on the free one and it shows you get 2 GTA V for 59.99 total plus tax. However if you delete the 59.99 GTA V and keep the free one it still will check you out as free with some tax? I paid 94 cents. Anyways obviously a mistake but maybe BBY will hook up a gift card or something

heres the link

I tried doing it but it seems like they fixed it.

How come the website is still showing a 50% trade-in bonus. I was going to take some stuff in today, but it doesn't look like the site has switched to 100% as advertised. Can anyone confirm they are actually doing 100% and not 50% that the site is showing?
Yeah I'm wondering the same thing, their sales ad does say 100% trade in on any game, not sure why the site is not updated.... Hopefully someone can confirm, if not, I'll be going up there Tuesday and I can confirm.

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing, their sales ad does say 100% trade in on any game, not sure why the site is not updated.... Hopefully someone can confirm, if not, I'll be going up there Tuesday and I can confirm.
Only thing I can think of is maybe it doesn't go live until Tuesday since they are advertising a $45 guaranteed credit for Madden which also hits Tuesday.

Whats with the Controller-1600 points deal?

I thought the controller was 54.99 and you save 20 dollars on a 1600 points card (which is 20 dollars worth) so why is it showing up as $65 for the bundle?

Im interested in this bundle but only for 55 bucks...

Has anyone tried to do the GTA V preorder deal with the free Rock star game in-store? I already preordered GTA V months ago for the $20 GCU cert, but if I can add a free game to that, it would be even sweeter....

No their online site is messed up,I went into today to trade in games and got the 100% trade in bonus for last of us and saints row IV got 42.00 a piece so 84.00 all together. I don't know why their online site hasn't updated yet

No their online site is messed up,I went into today to trade in games and got the 100% trade in bonus for last of us and saints row IV got 42.00 a piece so 84.00 all together. I don't know why their online site hasn't updated yet
The Last Of Us still has a base value of $21.00? Im going to Best Buy tomorrow anyway to pick up Remember Me for $40 but getting $42 for The Last Of Us would be great. Assassin's Creed III has a base value of $9.00 which would make it $18.00. $60.00 for The Last Of Us and Assassin's Creed III would be awesome and much better than expected.

The Last Of Us still has a base value of $21.00? Im going to Best Buy tomorrow anyway to pick up Remember Me for $40 but getting $42 for The Last Of Us would be great. Assassin's Creed III has a base value of $9.00 which would make it $18.00. $60.00 for The Last Of Us and Assassin's Creed III would be awesome and much better than expected.
Yeah that's the base value. I was surprised cause since i thought the site was right i was only expecting like 60+ for both but then ended up getting 84 cause the employee mentioned the 100% bonus

Just traded in The Last Of Us ($21 base) and Assassin's Creed III ($9 base) for a total of $60.00 including the 100% trade in bonus. It seems like in-store, the 100% trade in is active but because its online, the base values have stayed the same as if it was 50%. Anyone who's looking to trade in games, I suggest doing it now before the trade in values get adjusted/updated.

Just got 44.10 for last of us- AMAZING

I might eventually buy the single player DLC if its Amy good and "rent" it from GameStop to play thought it

So the prices / quotes currently shown on the BB website aren't adjusted to the promotion already, right? It's currently showing Tomb Raider for $12 and Halo 4 for $8. Does this mean I'll only get $20 for the two, or $40 ($24 and $16, respectively)?

Last edited by a moderator:
So the prices / quotes currently shown on the BB website aren't adjusted to the promotion already, right? It's currently showing Tomb Raider for $12 and Halo 4 for $8. Does this mean I'll only get $20 for the two, or $40 ($24 and $16, respectively)?
You'll get the 40, When you're looking for the trade values on BB website you gotta add 100% to what the trade value says online, For instance saints row IV says 21.00 so you would add another 21 and you'd get 42 for it.

You'll get the 40, When you're looking for the trade values on BB website you gotta add 100% to what the trade value says online, For instance saints row IV says 21.00 so you would add another 21 and you'd get 42 for it.
Thanks! Will Best Buy also take games that were part of bundles? I have a copy of Mario Kart Wii that came bundled with the system. I know Gamestop doesn't care about "Not for resale" games, but the back cover still has the UPC barcode...

Thanks! Will Best Buy also take games that were part of bundles? I have a copy of Mario Kart Wii that came bundled with the system. I know Gamestop doesn't care about "Not for resale" games, but the back cover still has the UPC barcode...
I'm wondering about this as well, got a copy of Nintendo Land that came with the Wii U, gonna try and trade it in tomorrow.

You guys could just remove the slipcover and trade it in as case/disc only. Although I heard that some stores doesn't take disc only so YMMV.

Yeah, just remove the insert because the UPC most likely has all "zeros" and wont come up when they scan it. I did that today with Assassin's Creed III since it was part of the PS3 bundle.

Best Buy has finally updated their trade in site to where it now says 100%. Surprised that the base values are still the same but I dont see it staying that way for long.

My Best Buy is weird...

They wouldn't let me trade in my game because I didn't buy it at Best Buy...

Is this the new policy when trading in games or is my Best Buy just ghetto?

My Best Buy is weird...

They wouldn't let me trade in my game because I didn't buy it at Best Buy...

Is this the new policy when trading in games or is my Best Buy just ghetto?
They fed you some BS because it does not matter where the game was purchased from. I'd would ask for a manager next time, tell them to show you on their policy or website where it says that or just go to another store.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/null/null/pcmcat257100050023.c?id=pcmcat257100050023&h=488

any pitt fans out there pre-order madden 25 Ps3 from Bestbuy and has the cowboys pre-order code and want to sweep pre-order codes pm me if you want too

Last edited:
Has anyone ordered from BestBuy in the last week with a gift card and the order is stuck at order received and doesn't go past payment validated? Or has not shipped at all yet?

I've had a order from Aug 16th just sitting there at order received and it hasn't moved yet, not to mention I am being charged for shipping even though I'm silver (I know thats a known issue). I wish it would have shipped already but calling BBY and their online department is useless.

It appears they have dropped the prices on some games, before the collection I had would have given me like 90 with the bonus, now it's like 68... Oh well, still not to bad I guess

funny hiw cheap we are I redeem it return and repeat
Are you KIDDING ME? That is fraud, nothing to do with being "cheap" any more than shoplifting does. Do not do that, and do NOT advertise illegal practices on this site... seriously...

Had to jump on the 100% extra on trade-ins. With The Last of Us still at $21 base, ended up getting $44.10. Had to dump it, because the online play about had me snapping the disc. Really sucks to start playing online games with people who have leveled way up and can kill you with one swing of their melee weapon. Controls are clunky and sluggish. Didn't feel like investing enough time to get good at it and level up high enough to make it a fair fight.

bread's done
Back