Best Buy Back to School Deals: 7/28/13-8/3/13 (God of War Ascension $20, Ni No Kuni $20, NFS: Most Wanted $15, NFL 13 $15)

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Best Buy Back to School Deals - Main Page - 7/28/13-8/3/13
Add to cart to see sale price
:ps3: God of War: Ascension $19.99
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch $19.99
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3- PlayStation 3 $19.99 ($9.99 after $10 off @gamer coupon)
:360: :ps3: Need for Speed Most Wanted $14.99
:360: :ps3: NFL 13 $14.99
:psp: :3ds: LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey $19.99
:3ds: Project X Zone $29.99
Video Game Deals - Best Buy Back to School Deals

Previous Week
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_&_dynSessConf=-8390886715918903930&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=GL_BTS_Video_Games_20130721&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&fs=&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Skylanders: Giants Portal Owners Pack - Nintendo 3DS $19.99
Nintendo Land $17.99
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 $19.99 *Wii U*
Tomb Raider $29.99
Battlefield 3 Premium $29.99
Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition - Nintendo Wii $7.99
LEGO Star Wars III — Play & Collect Limited Exclusive Edition - Nintendo DS $11.99
Crosswords Plus - Nintendo 3DS $4.99
Pokémon Conquest - Nintendo DS $14.99
Steel Diver - Nintendo 3DS $4.99
Family Party: 30 Great Games — Obstacle Arcade - Nintendo Wii U $7.99
$20 PlayStation Network Card and 3-Month PlayStation Plus Subscription Bundle $27.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I make myself look stupid, these prices are in store as well correct? Without having to place an order for instore pickup. No need to place an order here if I can just walk in and get it.

^ Correct

Target wouldn't price match because it now says that it's sold out on the site page. So I'll just call BB back to place an order.

Already had a copy of Kirby for some time now, but an excellent deal.  My local Best Buys have had this posted in-store stock as unavailable for a few months, but I know they had stock at the time (3 or less is it?).  I might swing by a store for curiosities sake, and maybe grab another one if they survived the weekend.  I figure anyone who really wanted one already had a chance by now.

Remember, BB online locator doesn't show stock if 3 or less in stock instore.  I passed a BB on the way that said it did not have stock, found 1 and bought it. 

Well, now that it's sold out online I can't place an order by phone. Didn't realize that would be the case, but I called before that happened and no BB in my area has it.

should i get bf3, 30 bucks for all dlc just sounds awesome,but bf4 comes out soon also?

decisions, decisions
If you have the time to play it and really want it, then go for it. It is a good deal. My personal advice though is to hold off. BF4 is only a few months away; and you know the BF3 servers are going to be emptied out once BF4 hits.

Crosswords Plus for the 3DS just shipped. Style Savvy: Trendsetters is in process of being fulfilled. I placed an order for both games at the same time.

Remember, BB online locator doesn't show stock if 3 or less in stock instore. I passed a BB on the way that said it did not have stock, found 1 and bought it.

Good to know! I'm getting my free copy of Tank! Tank! Tank! and this will be one of those games I'll be looking out for.

I also ordered during the small window that Kirby came back in stock. It hasn't shipped, but it's off backorder and the order is being processed. Woo! I can finally play Kirby 64!

Got my Kirby and PSN cards, register guy seemed pissed as if he didnt want to give it to me lol. When he grabbed my cards he didnt even grab it, had to remind him of it.

Also found some PSP earbuds for 2$ and PMed Lumines for Vita for 9$

Guess I'm the only sucker to buy 30 Great Games...we can't even choose the number of players for challenger or free play mode. touching the icons just doesn't do anything. Plus with a Metacritic score of 11, I should have saved my $8. Oh well, at least on my spreadsheet I can check it off as a Launch Title (LT) which I like to amass each one for all console releases..

Just picked up my Kirby from BB in Morgantown/Granville WV. There's about 6 or 7 copies left if anybody is in the area. And don't ask me to get it and ship it to you, I'm just too lazy.

Without an issue because it's written in Target's price match policy that they match BBY?
Right, I get they PM BestBuy, but I've never done a BB.com PM from Target especially on an item that BB.com lists as OoS and no BBs near me have any copies of. Like is it just a crap shoot if they will do it or do I have to do something specific to get them to PM it?

My backordered Kirby seems to have gone back into processing status, too (but hasn't shipped yet).  Sweet.  Also picked up Crosswords Plus, Trendsetters, and Steel Diver in-store today.  Thanks OP!

Right, I get they PM BestBuy, but I've never done a BB.com PM from Target especially on an item that BB.com lists as OoS and no BBs near me have any copies of. Like is it just a crap shoot if they will do it or do I have to do something specific to get them to PM it?
Now that they've made it completely OOS it's going to be YMMV. Otherwise "If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price." Right in their written policy as you can see.

Can't believe I missed the Kirby. Anyone know if I can pick up Kirby at the store and it'll be $7.99?

Picked up my copies just fine with in-store pick-up. I checked back to see if there was more to pick up for some fellow CAGs and it was all cleared out. I can confirm you can just walk in the store though, the price tag above where the game should be literally says, "$8 On Sale!"

My best buy has at least one kirby in stock, just gotta deal with driving over there to get it. I can go during lunch or after, but either way gotta deal with traffic and my truck burns a gallon or two of gas to and from. Ah well..might try to use a bday coupon and pick something else up while I'm over there.

Really surprised to see the new smaller window for in-store pick-up. I've been so used to the right days, I'm glad I checked the email this morning.

If you have the time to play it and really want it, then go for it. It is a good deal. My personal advice though is to hold off. BF4 is only a few months away; and you know the BF3 servers are going to be emptied out once BF4 hits.
It wont empty out when BF4 hits. Look at the previous Battlefields which maintained strong communities after a new release. BF:BC2 is still very active.

Picked up the last copy of Kirby at Tempe Marketplace in AZ, which before said unavailable on the online stock checker, so definitely check / call your local stores.  This one was on my way home from work, so even if they didn't have it I wouldn't of wasted the gas.

It wont empty out when BF4 hits. Look at the previous Battlefields which maintained strong communities after a new release. BF:BC2 is still very active.
If you don't mind playing with the same people, sure. :) Even after I submit avoid reviews, it still throws me into the same lobby sometimes (depending on time of day). I find that annoying; you get used to people's playstyles and there's no variety. Just my opinion. I like multiplayer when there's a huge mass of people playing at once. Much more fun. Once the population starts dwindling or there's an influx of noobs due to sales, I trade the game in and move on to something else. Again, that's just me....

For people checking local stores, make sure to check the end shelves (or whatever they're called) cuz sometimes people just leave things there rather than walk all the way back down the aisle.

Didn't plan on buying Kirby when I was in my local BBY. Literally saw 4 copies, walked past it, 10 mins later only one was left. Noticed the price and I just had to bite. Never played any of the Kirby games, but looking at what CAGs are saying, it looks like it was $7.99 worth spent!

Really surprised to see the new smaller window for in-store pick-up. I've been so used to the right days, I'm glad I checked the email this morning.
Yeah, the smaller window threw me a bit as well - I'm glad I was still able to make it over to pick up my game in time.

Well it's going to drop a lot right off the bat depending on how stable the game/servers are at launch but come February BF3 will have a lot less people playing it. It will stay active though because there will be people, like BC2, that choose not to move to the new game because it's the worst thing ever and their game is the best. If someone was going to grab BF4 within a few months of launch I wouldn't touch BF3 at $30 though.

Finally had the chance to pick up my copy of Pokemon Conquest and also ended up walking out with a copy of Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story for 50% off (so $17.49). This store (Taunton MA) had a ton of games set up at the front of the store with 50% stickers on them for multiple systems - some collectors editions included (75% off old sports titles of course). Might be worth a look for some CAGs if you're in the area. I wish I could give more specifics but I had a serious migraine going on, so I didn't get to go through all the titles (I just know there was no Kirby on the rack or in the aisle).

I just love the UPS/FedEx to USPS shipping combo.  For example: Kirby got handed to UPS who have spent a day doing who knows what with it and is now handing it off to the post office without actually moving it outside of the same town.

So glad I got confirmation that kirby shipped after the backorder. I am super excited to play these games. Especially for this price :D.

If you're near the store, they might have them on the shelves. Mine said unavailable online, but I saw one in the store.
Thanks for the info.

Ended up making a final call to a BB farther out, and the guy I talked to said they still had some and was nice enough to hold it for me until the end of the day since I couldn't pay by phone. Went and got it, and it turned out to be the last left. There were no other copies of Kirby on the shelf. The only ones I did see were for pickup orders at the front. Anyway, definitely glad I called. Had been waiting patiently for a price drop on it.

Thanks OP

bread's done
Back