Best Buy Black Friday 2017

Where’s the ad Gamestop?
GameStop canceled their ad for Thanksgiving. They’re just going to list games for ridiculously low prices and cancel the orders afterwards.

Wasn’t GameStop usually the first ad to leak? Maybe Pro Day really held it up. Hopefully it comes out tomorrow with the weekly ad.

I just got an email from Best Buy saying that there will be early access for Elite/Elite Plus members starting on November 20th for "select doorbusters and deals." It doesn't say what time the sales start, but I think this falls in line with when this happened last year. 

I just got an email from Best Buy saying that there will be early access for Elite/Elite Plus members starting on November 20th for "select doorbusters and deals." It doesn't say what time the sales start, but I think this falls in line with when this happened last year.
Ugh I’m $54 dollars away from being Elite this year, so close!

Does anyone have any insight since the ad was released as to what the deal is going to be on Astro headphones? It says "up to 25%" but that could be 25% off the A10s and 10% off the A40s (what I'm interested in).

Also wondering if there is some some of "buy now and bring back to the store to price match later" approach I could wrangle now so I'm not fighting for inventory.

Does anyone have any insight since the ad was released as to what the deal is going to be on Astro headphones? It says "up to 25%" but that could be 25% off the A10s and 10% off the A40s (what I'm interested in).

Also wondering if there is some some of "buy now and bring back to the store to price match later" approach I could wrangle now so I'm not fighting for inventory.
Yes

Black Friday is my best friend.
bLqB9OM.jpg

I still have the a50s I bought awhile ago. I never do use them. Supposed to be really good from what I heard. That was a waste of money on my part. I guess I’ll have them if I ever decide to play online.

If I recall, it's a similar discount every year and every model has the same discount. I love my A40's. Thought about upgrading to the new A50 but a GS associate told me that there's a problem with this year's model and that it should be skipped. Haven't researched the issue so I'd say to take it with a grain of salt.

Maybe you guys can help but after look g through the ads is Best Buy the only place to have a Keurig on sale? I remember last year Walmart had a red one ($60) I believe? Have you guys seen any other?

Another forum seems to think you need to register for Early Access. I doubt this is really the case but who knows. :whistle2:k

early_access.jpg

I looked through my emails and found the one with this and it said "you're all set" after clicking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, upon closer look it was a mass BF email for everyone and the link I clicked was to sign up for MyBBY and get access. How anyone could get emails from them without having signed up for it already is beyond me. ;)

If I recall, it's a similar discount every year and every model has the same discount. I love my A40's. Thought about upgrading to the new A50 but a GS associate told me that there's a problem with this year's model and that it should be skipped. Haven't researched the issue so I'd say to take it with a grain of salt.
I looked through a couple past BFs and couldn't find the Astros. But maybe I missed it. Oh well, I guess we'll find out in a couple days.

They are definitely holding back stock for the sale on a lot of things. For example the 8TB hard drive that everyone was talking about earlier. They are sending stores the ad minimum of 4 units but the distribution center has 700 that are likely going to be used to fulfill online orders despite being "sold out" right now. :D

They are definitely holding back stock for the sale on a lot of things. For example the 8TB hard drive that everyone was talking about earlier. They are sending stores the ad minimum of 4 units but the distribution center has 700 that are likely going to be used to fulfill online orders despite being "sold out" right now.
You wouldn't happen to know how many copies of Disgaea the distribution centers are being allocated, would you?

You wouldn't happen to know how many copies of Disgaea the distribution centers are being allocated, would you?
I just went into my local best buy early this morning to buy a new nintendo switch, and I saw several copy of disgaea 5 on shelf. I think best buy is keeping their stocks for black friday sale.

Is this for real? PS4 Pro at $199?

Also, where is the best place to buy Destiny 2 for cheap? Best Buy? I have GCU en route.
No way is that true. It's an error on their part & I'm 99% sure that Best Buy won't honor the $199 price on the Pro even though BB Support said it. They'll just say it was an unfortunate mistake & than will say the cliched "sorry for the inconvenience" response.

No way is that true. It's an error on their part & I'm 99% sure that Best Buy won't honor the $199 price on the Pro even though BB Support said it. They'll just say it was an unfortunate mistake & than will say the cliched "sorry for the inconvenience" response.
Figures.

Yeah, I mean, companies make mistakes. Geesh, right?

So what are we thinking, 2 a.m. EST for the elite early access to start tonight?

Not positive but one year recently it didn’t go live until around 6 or 7am. I think last year it went live early though. Cause the first order or two I put in had gcu work.

I’m pretty sure they wipe your cart before the sale, but there’s a chance they won’t.

I’m hoping to be able to order that Sony X900E online. If so I’m going to have to really cut back on some of the games I purchase. I still have a few games sealed from the first Black Friday with gcu.

So if there's an early access, how can I get the notification or register? I am Elite Plus member yet I don't get any of these email.

So if there's an early access, how can I get the notification or register? I am Elite Plus member yet I don't get any of these email.
Early access is on Monday. If your logged it, it will show up on the B.B. homepage. It will look similar to the early Black Friday sale now. With all individual categories.

I think the bigger question regarding Disgaea is, why is it suddenly sold out now? It was never part of the early deals, and it's not like it's one of the most popular games. The only reason I can think of is that a lot of people somehow think they can get a price adjustment on Black Friday, in which case they're going to be in for a (deserved) rude awakening.

Hopefully the Logitech racing wheel for xbox one comes back in stock. It was on the early black friday deals and came with the shifter free but the shifter was out of stock so I didn't order it, then when the shifter came back in stock the wheel went out of stock and has been sold out since.

I think the bigger question regarding Disgaea is, why is it suddenly sold out now? It was never part of the early deals, and it's not like it's one of the most popular games. The only reason I can think of is that a lot of people somehow think they can get a price adjustment on Black Friday, in which case they're going to be in for a (deserved) rude awakening.
I think it has more to do with them wanting to make sure there IS inventory for the sales next week, rather than it has been sold out.

My rationale for this is based on an item I had in my cart, which I was considering picking up for my wife for Christmas - it will be on sale at BestBuy next week. Just yesterday, the product was in stock for shipping or store pickup. When I stopped by the store to speak with an associate and see the item in person, I noted that my location has something like ~15 of them in stock on the shelf. The next morning (with less than 1 hour of store-open time since I saw the local inventory levels), the product was no longer available for store pickup (shipping was possible). I have serious doubts that my local store sold through 15 of them in the final hour of the previous day, suggesting that the effectively froze inventory for store pickup to ensure they had enough for next week's sales.

For Disgaea, there may be some people that picked it up at full MSRP with the goal of pricematching the BF price - like you, I believe those people will be sorely disappointed. I'd find it more likely that BestBuy effectively 'froze' all transactions of Disgaea a few days before the Elite Access opening to ensure that there was stock for the event(s) next week. They appear to have done the same with a couple other PS4/Switch games I was considering picking up (they were also in my saved-items section and all updated to OOS at the same time).

That's pretty much it. They don't people buying things early thinking they are going to be able to price match next week only to return them later because they couldn't.

I think it has more to do with them wanting to make sure there IS inventory for the sales next week, rather than it has been sold out.

My rationale for this is based on an item I had in my cart, which I was considering picking up for my wife for Christmas - it will be on sale at BestBuy next week. Just yesterday, the product was in stock for shipping or store pickup. When I stopped by the store to speak with an associate and see the item in person, I noted that my location has something like ~15 of them in stock on the shelf. The next morning (with less than 1 hour of store-open time since I saw the local inventory levels), the product was no longer available for store pickup (shipping was possible). I have serious doubts that my local store sold through 15 of them in the final hour of the previous day, suggesting that the effectively froze inventory for store pickup to ensure they had enough for next week's sales.

For Disgaea, there may be some people that picked it up at full MSRP with the goal of pricematching the BF price - like you, I believe those people will be sorely disappointed. I'd find it more likely that BestBuy effectively 'froze' all transactions of Disgaea a few days before the Elite Access opening to ensure that there was stock for the event(s) next week. They appear to have done the same with a couple other PS4/Switch games I was considering picking up (they were also in my saved-items section and all updated to OOS at the same time).
Makes sense. A little arbitrary of them, but makes sense. I guess we'll see how effective that was on Monday.

Anyone by Chance get a extra and wanna work out a trade or wanna hook up a fellow gamer I missed it cause at work

bread's done
Back