Best Buy Black Friday 2017

i’m hoping to be able to order that Sony X900E online. If so I’m going to have to really cut back on some of the games I purchase. I still have a few games sealed from the first Black Friday with gcu.
FYI you can get the 900e 65 inch in store now for the $1499 black friday price point. I picked up mine Thursday night after I saw that it was one of their early deals.

I know Early Access is on Monday

But did Best Buy send emails to the elite saying you've been invited to early access? I haven't got one this year but got it every year before that. 

I know Early Access is on Monday

But did Best Buy send emails to the elite saying you've been invited to early access? I haven't got one this year but got it every year before that.
I haven't gotten one so far either. I hope I get one soon though as I am Elite.

FYI you can get the 900e 65 inch in store now for the $1499 black friday price point. I picked up mine Thursday night after I saw that it was one of their early deals.
I’m actually looking at the 55in, thanks though. I was originally sold on getting the TCL. But even with all of the great reviews, I keep hearing horror stories. Bleeding back lights, dead pixels, having to play lottery on if you get a good or bad unit. The 900x was a little more than I was looking to spend. But judging by reviews, it’s worth it. If I’m being honest, I’ve changed my mind multiple times on which I wanted to purchase. Was going to stop by the store to compare the display models but it doesn’t look like they have the p605 on display.

If anyone has either of these TVs, I’d love to get some input. Am I just worrying for no reason about the issues on the TCL? Is the Sony a much better buy?

I’m actually looking at the 55in, thanks though. I was originally sold on getting the TCL. But even with all of the great reviews, I keep hearing horror stories. Bleeding back lights, dead pixels, having to play lottery on if you get a good or bad unit. The 900x was a little more than I was looking to spend. But judging by reviews, it’s worth it. If I’m being honest, I’ve changed my mind multiple times on which I wanted to purchase. Was going to stop by the store to compare the display models but it doesn’t look like they have the p605 on display.

If anyone has either of these TVs, I’d love to get some input. Am I just worrying for no reason about the issues on the TCL? Is the Sony a much better buy?
I have a 55 inch and a 65 inch 900e. I haven't purchased a Sony in years, but this model series 900e is one of the best I've personally seen. I actually compared the 900e to the 930e that sony makes, and for me personally the cheaper 900 series looks better than the 930e. I would strongly recommend the sony over TCL if you have the kwan as the contrast with the black colors on this TV are some of the best I've seen even compared to OLED and QLED. I have also considered the TCL for a 3rd gaming TV in my computer room. If I were to get the TCL, I would be sure to get a warranty option due to what you mentioned above.

giphy.gif

I have the TCL P605 and love it so far. Keep in mind, I am coming from a 1080p 43" tv though. I haven't messed around with the settings that much besides turning on game mode for my console outputs. I haven't even played a 4k hdr game on it yet since I've been only playing Mario.

It seemed like a lot of the faulty units came from the original shipment. Personally, I feel like buying most big appliances/electronics is playing the lottery.

I've used Rtings.com before bit overlooked this TV.

That Sony TV is a great option. Its performance is slightly below the OLED TVs, but you get more bang for your buck.

The 65 inch Sony is actually $100 cheaper than a 55 inch LG OLED TV.

Why couldn’t they have started the early access deals on a Friday or Saturday night? Staying up until 2 am or whatever tomorrow night is not cool for work in the a.m.

This disease name indirectly implies that you have an abundance of GCU - which is something that's going to be short supply next week. I propose renaming your condition to hypoGCU-itis. You can trust my suggestion, I am a doctor.
:eek: I've learned that people on the internet are never wrong.

I don't usually have any problems, but I live in a high population area, so most packages come quickly.
Alright that's great to know, thanks.

I live in a populous area myself. Just didn't know if their shipping was as big of a mess as their stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
This unfortunately is fake this is how the real exchange went
9e9f95fffe76790c01267bf341c6e889.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The tweet was real, the info was false however. It was a mistake by Bestbuy support, that tweet has since deleted. If you look at that Scott's tweet history, you can see he jokingly asked Ken to honor it.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

The tweet was real, the info was false however. It was a mistake by Bestbuy support, that tweet has since deleted. If you look at that Scott's tweet history, you can see he jokingly asked Ken to honor it.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
I was hoping it was real but something told me there was no way it was going to happen at least this black Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does gcu not apply to all games purchased this weekend or just the ones on sale? Just hypothetically speaking in case I see anything else I may want.

:eek: Hang on.. So both Walmart and bestbuy go live Monday at midnight? Or are you guys doing that CNN hypothetical situation thing?

Deciding between these two tvs:
-Sharp - 50" Class (49.5" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV Roku TV Model: LC-50LBU591U
-Toshiba - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - with Chromecast Built-in - 4K Ultra HD TV Model: 55L711U18

Anyone have experience with Lenovo laptops?

never ordered from Wal-Mart online before. How untimely is their shipping?
They have 2 day shipping free for most items now. So I ordered a movie on weds this week and got it yesterday. They use a shit ton of bubble mailers though, so if you're looking to buy a smaller CE or something, 50/50 chance on box/bubble mailer.

Well I'd planned on picking up that 64GB mSD card for 15 from best buy, but found a 256GB at my local pawn shop today for $25, went that route instead.

Deciding between these two tvs:
-Sharp - 50" Class (49.5" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV Roku TV Model: LC-50LBU591U
-Toshiba - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - with Chromecast Built-in - 4K Ultra HD TV Model: 55L711U18

Anyone have experience with Lenovo laptops?
TVs are a wash, Toshiba has odd pixels according to rtings, Sharp isn't top tier either.

fuck Lenovo, in the past at least they bundle their machines with spyware.
https://boingboing.net/2017/09/07/depraved-indifference-or-malic.html

Is it safe to say that even though they only picture the ps4 version of wildlands that the xbox version will be on sale as well?

Doubt you need an invitation for early access probably just log into your account and get the prices if elite or elite plus

bread's done
Back