Best Buy Black Friday 2017

As someone who's never played a Yakuza game, are they any good? Recommendations for either Zero or Kiwami which are both on sale (I know Kiwami is a remaster of the first). Is the story very connected through each game?
0 is my favorite in the series and I've played them all

Only one that comes close is Y2 imo, which is getting remade soon

What are the chances of doing a return/rebuy on black friday? One of my local stores has Disgaea 5 for local pick up at the regular price. I am seriously considering ordering it for in store pick up, swinging by Friday or Saturday morning and returning it right away for the sale price.

I have done that before under normal circumstances, but will that work on Black Friday weekend?
Around here (Columbus, Ohio), most stores have closed their customer service desks during Black Friday sales.

A few questions for anyone willing to give advice.  Thanks in advance.

Any thoughts on COD WWII at $40?  Worth the price?  Also, would it be better to grab Wolfenstein II physical at $25 or grab the deluxe and save $15 off the season pass at the Microsoft store?  Lastly, Destiny 2 at $30 at BB versus $27 at Gamestop.  For regular Gamestop shoppers, do you think this will be well stocked or is it not worth waiting and better to grab it now at BB?

A few questions for anyone willing to give advice. Thanks in advance.

Any thoughts on COD WWII at $40? Worth the price? Also, would it be better to grab Wolfenstein II physical at $25 or grab the deluxe and save $15 off the season pass at the Microsoft store? Lastly, Destiny 2 at $30 at BB versus $27 at Gamestop. For regular Gamestop shoppers, do you think this will be well stocked or is it not worth waiting and better to grab it now at BB?
I would highly recommend CoD WWII at $40. The campaign is well done and the multiplayer and zombies are still good. Worth the money.

For Wolfenstein, if you really care about the DLC, go for the deluxe. Otherwise, you could always wait for an Xbox sale when they put the season pass on sale. But it may not be as good of a price as right now.

Destiny 2, I would recommend getting it at Gamestop. $27 is a great price for the content it has right now and the DLC comes out in a couple weeks. I'm sure there will be plenty in stock in stores.

What are the chances of doing a return/rebuy on black friday? One of my local stores has Disgaea 5 for local pick up at the regular price. I am seriously considering ordering it for in store pick up, swinging by Friday or Saturday morning and returning it right away for the sale price.

I have done that before under normal circumstances, but will that work on Black Friday weekend?
Slim to none, it's very YMMV as it's well known that stores will not allow you to return / rebuy unless you can find it on the store floor and come back. Again, that option is also YMMV. If you must play it now, just buy it now and buy it again on Black Friday. Then return your Black Friday copy with the original receipt.

Got early access to the BF deals, picked up 5 games for $160, not bad!

-Nier $25
-Wolfenstein 2 $25
-Evil Within 2 $25
-Assassin’s Creed: Origins $35
-Last Guardian $16
-Sims 4 $35 (for the wife)

A few questions for anyone willing to give advice. Thanks in advance.

Any thoughts on COD WWII at $40? Worth the price? Also, would it be better to grab Wolfenstein II physical at $25 or grab the deluxe and save $15 off the season pass at the Microsoft store? Lastly, Destiny 2 at $30 at BB versus $27 at Gamestop. For regular Gamestop shoppers, do you think this will be well stocked or is it not worth waiting and better to grab it now at BB?
How my Gamestops seem to be is they are well stocked on COD. I absolutely love the game, campaign is fun, Zombies is flat out spectacular and I actually haven't gotten around to playing Multiplayer. I paid for the Gamestop $100 and I love it

I would have grabbed Crash Bandicoot, but it hasn't been in stock. Waiting on the Walmart $30 AC:Origins price and Gamestop Injustice 2 price. At least I was able to knock out a couple of non-gaming gifts for people.
I was able to get crash about 10 minutes ago. Still no disgaea :(

Any opinions on Final Fantasy 15 and Uncharted Lost Legacy? Worth $20 each?
For me, I enjoyed FFXV when I first got it. The more I played, the more I hated the game. The only reason I beat it was because my friend urged me to plow through the last few chapters after I had already sunk 60 hours into the game. I just don't like the open world concept, it made the story seem disjointed. I kept waiting to get to a really engrossing and gripping section of the game, but for me it never came, and I therefore never really cared about what was going on. The few tough battles in the game highlighted how frustrating the combat system could be, especially when you can't see what's going on due to the environment. I will say I have good memories from playing it. It's worth $20, it's worth experiencing, but it's also something I never want to play again.

Was wondering how Sniper Elite 4 sold out so fast but figured it would come back at some point anyway. I could swear X1 was up earlier but no PS4. If it doesn't come up, no big loss since this would be a blind buy anyway.

Has anyone played Super Bomberman R? I'm tempted to pick it up for the Switch for $25, but the reviews seem pretty mediocre. Anyone have any opinion if it's worth the price?

Has anyone played Super Bomberman R? I'm tempted to pick it up for the Switch for $25, but the reviews seem pretty mediocre. Anyone have any opinion if it's worth the price?
I enjoyed it quite a lot, it's been patched both with better online (And offline even), new characters, and new stages all for free as well, so a lot of the problems have been improved and are fixed now!

Is it worth playing for someone with no prior story experience? Too lost on the story?
Absolutely, Yakuza Zero is a prequel to the first game and is the perfect way to start the series. I would recommend getting Kiwami as well as it is a remake of the original Yakuza.

Last edited by a moderator:
All this talk of Yakuza 0 is making me want to buy it. Was waiting for it to drop to $20.
Pretty sure it was $25 over the Summer. Well worth $30 though.

Just trying to get Disgaea 5 on Switch now, going in the store on Thursday with my Dad he wanted to go and I can get a free ride without driving myself after family Thanksgiving so hopefully I can nab a copy. Already spent over $200, but I bought my wife Sims 4 so hopefully that's enough for her to not kill me haha.

Alright, you guys win. I ordered Yakuza 0. I held off on Kiwami for now since the price isn't that different than GCU. Plus if BB does their B2G1 in December then I might group that with some cheaper games like Dishonored death of the outsider and another.

Is anyone with having issues getting free shipping to come up due to their GCU/Elite/whatever-you-have?  No matter what I do, everything in the cart comes up as free shipping, but when I go to check out, it forces me to select a shipping charge...

Is anyone with having issues getting free shipping to come up due to their GCU/Elite/whatever-you-have? No matter what I do, everything in the cart comes up as free shipping, but when I go to check out, it forces me to select a shipping charge...
I was having issues with the app, but it worked fine on my laptop.

Is anyone with having issues getting free shipping to come up due to their GCU/Elite/whatever-you-have? No matter what I do, everything in the cart comes up as free shipping, but when I go to check out, it forces me to select a shipping charge...
Yeah I was charged for shipping, I am going to call Customer Service on my lunch break to try and sort it out. I would love to get that $13 back haha.

Any PC versions of games for sale? Specifically, Wolfenstein 2 or Forza Horizon 3?
Cdkeys.com had the digital download code that works on both xbox one and pc of forza Horizon 3 that also included the hot wheels dlc for $31 or something last week. Not sure if it's still that price or not.

Cdkeys.com had the digital download code that works on both xbox one and pc of forza Horizon 3 that also included the hot wheels dlc for $31 or something last week. Not sure if it's still that price or not.
It's $37 now, which still isn't bad. Still curious about Best Buy for Wolfenstein 2 though.

For those who have Best Buy Elite, can you see if the macbook pros are currently 250 off or does that only start on Thursday..same question applies to the Western Digital 8TB Easystore external hard drive..want to get it for the XBOX ONE X

bread's done
Back