Best Buy Black Friday in July Sale (7/26-7/27, Early Access 7/25)

tyrok

CAGiversary!
$9.99:

• :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Crayola Scoot
  • :xb1: :ps4: Extinction
  • :ps4: Flashback
  • :ps4: Loading Human

$14.99:

• :xb1: :ps4: Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  • :ps4: Bridge Constructor: Portal
  • :xb1: Cuphead (Digital)
  • :ps4: Doom VFR
  • :ps4: Hellblade
  • :xb1: :ps4: Mutant League Football
  • :xb1: :ps4: NASCAR Heat 3
  • :xb1: NBA 2K19
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: NBA 2K Playgrounds 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: The Occupation
  • :xb1: Ori and the Blind Forrest: Definitive Edition (Digital)
  • :xb1: Recore: Definitive Edition (Digital)
  • :xb1: :ps4: Sega Genesis Classics
  • :switch: Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn
  • :xb1: :ps4: Strange Brigade
  • :xb1: :ps4: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
  • :xb1: :ps4: WWE 2K19

$19.99:

• :xb1: :ps4: 8 to Glory
  • :switch: Aces of the Luftwaffe - Squadron Extended Edition
  • :switch: America's Greatest Game Shows
  • :xb1: :ps4: Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • :xb1: Bridge Constructor: Portal
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Carnival Games
  • :switch: Darksiders Warmastered Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Dragons: Dawn of the New Riders
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: The Evil Within 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: Friday the 13th Ultimate Edition
  • :switch: Fun! Fun! Animal Park
  • :ps4: Ghost Giant
  • :switch: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Owltimate Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: The Golf Club 2019
  • :xb1: :ps4: Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Online Edition
  • :ps4: :switch: Grip
  • :xb1: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: :wiiu: :wii: Just Dance 2019
  • :switch: Legend of Kay Anniversary
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: The Lego Movie 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Lego The Incredibles
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Lego DC Supervillains
  • :xb1: :ps4: Lego Marvel Collection
  • :switch: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
  • :xb1: :ps4: Metal Gear Survive
  • :ps4: Monster Jam Steel Titans
  • :switch: Mutant League Football
  • :ps4: MX vs ATV All Out
  • :switch: My Little Riding Champion
  • :xb1: :ps4: My Time at Portia
  • :ps4: :switch: NBA 2K19
  • :xb1: :ps4: Overcooked 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: Paw Patrol: On a Roll
  • :switch: Rad Rodgers
  • :xb1: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered
  • :xb1: :ps4: Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition
  • :ps4: Smash Hit Plunder
  • :switch: Spinx and the Cursed Mummy
  • :switch: Sports Party
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Starlink: Battle For Atlas
  • :xb1: :switch: Steven Universe/OK KO!
  • :xb1: :ps4: Tempest 4000
  • :xb1: :ps4: Titan Quest
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: This is the Police 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Advanced Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: An Ugly Doll Adventure
  • :switch: Victor Vran: Overkill Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: Wolfenstein 2: The New Order
  • :ps4: Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
$24.99:

• :xb1: :ps4: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Special Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition
  • :xb1: Sea of Theives

$29.99:

• :xb1: :ps4: :switch: American Ninja Warrior
  • :switch: Battle Chasers: Nightwar
  • :xb1: :ps4: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • :ps4: Call of Cthulhu
  • :xb1: Conan Exiles
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Crash N-Sane Trilogy
  • :xb1: :ps4: Darksiders 3
  • :switch: Death Mark
  • :switch: The Escapists 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: Elite Dangerous
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: Fallout 76
  • :xb1: Forza Horizon 4
  • :switch: Gear Club Unlimited 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: Generation Zero
  • :xb1: :ps4: the Hunter: Game of the Year Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: Immortal Unchained
  • :switch: Lego Harry Potter Collection
  • :switch: MudRunner American Wilds
  • :switch: My Time at Portia
  • :switch: Paw Patrol: On a Roll
  • :ps4: Outward
  • :switch: Overcooked 2
  • :switch: Saint's Row: The Third
  • :xb1: :ps4: Space Hulk Tactics
  • :switch: Steven Universe/OK KO!
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Super Bomberman R
  • :xb1: :ps4: Tennis World Tour
  • :switch: This War of Mine Complete Edition
  • :switch: TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge
  • :xb1: :ps4: Vamyr

$34.99

• :xb1: :ps4: Red Dead Redemption 2

$39.99:

• :ps4: Days Gone
  • :switch: Dragon Marked for Death
  • :ps4: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim VR
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: Fallout 76 Deluxe Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: Farming Simulator 19
  • :xb1: :ps4: Friday the 13th Ultimate Collector's Edition
  • :switch: Hasbro Game Night
  • :ps4: Judgement
  • :xb1: :ps4: Jurassic World Evolution
  • :switch: Little Dragons Cafe
  • :switch: Little Friends: Dogs & Cats

$49.99:

• :ps4: F1 2019 Anniversary Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: Pro Evolution Soccer 2019
  • :ps4: Warhammer: Chaosbane

$69.99

• :xb1: :ps4: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Steelbook Edition

Everything Else:

• PlayStation 4 Pro Console $349.99 Save $50
  • Free White Controller and Halo: The Master Chief Collection with purchase of Select Xbox One Consoles
  • Nintendo 2DS XL Black/Turquoise $129.99 Save $20 (Not available for Early Access)
  • Nintendo 2DS XL White/Orange $129.99 Save $20 (Not available for Early Access)
  • Save $30 when you buy 2 DualShock 4 Controllers

Last edited by a moderator:
correction for the list above, Dragon Marked for death is $15.  looks like it was pointed out.

REALLY tempted on picking it up at that price point.

Just realized that its been that much digitally on the nintendo eshop anyway
Note that the digital $15 version of the game does not come with all the characters like the physical copy does. The additional ones cost more on digital.

Just ordered it, with free shipping it should be here friday!

Damnit, DMfD sold out as I was entering my info...wanted that for $15. Can't even view the page now and I KNOW it's in stock at a local store. Oh well. I hear you basically need to play multiplayer for it to be good anyways.

Picked up Dragon Marked for Death, the main reason why I was excited for this sale...but wondering if I won't get it now, since they took it off their website. Eek. 

i held off on buying a flash drive for playstation classic because i heard some of the larger size 3.0 drives had issues. anyone recommend a good drive for the classic from best buy or amazon? i don't plan on doing otg at the moment so just a good solid drive for the easy method would be fine

I go to look up Dragon Marked For Death to see what kind of game it is or if I really want physical over digital and the thing sells out so hard it's completely gone from their site. Guess they made the decision for me.

^ Same here, Dragon Mark of Death was removed from my cart on checkout. Probably for the best, I'm sure it will drop that low again before the end of the year.
It's not even on their site anymore. I doubt it.

i held off on buying a flash drive for playstation classic because i heard some of the larger size 3.0 drives had issues. anyone recommend a good drive for the classic from best buy or amazon? i don't plan on doing otg at the moment so just a good solid drive for the easy method would be fine
The issue isn't that they're big, it's that they're 3.0. The PSC has resistors to limit the power the usb slot can use. You can either get a cheap 2.0. Normally not above 64 gb, short out the resistors, do the otg (but this one and the resistors require you to change the physicality of the machine or the kernel), buy an adapter that will power the usb instead, or do what I did, and use an extra or buy a new external hard drive that has its own power outlet.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-64GB-Cruzer-Flash-Drive/dp/B07MDXBTL1/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=64+gb+usb+2.0&qid=1564039281&s=gateway&sr=8-4

A good cheap usb that has reviews saying it worked for their classic.

The issue isn't that they're big, it's that they're 3.0. The PSC has resistors to limit the power the usb slot can use. You can either get a cheap 2.0. Normally not above 64 gb, short out the resistors, do the otg (but this one and the resistors require you to change the physicality of the machine or the kernel), buy an adapter that will power the usb instead, or do what I did, and use an extra or buy a new external hard drive that has its own power outlet.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-64GB-Cruzer-Flash-Drive/dp/B07MDXBTL1/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=64+gb+usb+2.0&qid=1564039281&s=gateway&sr=8-4

A good cheap usb that has reviews saying it worked for their classic.
I used that exact flash drive on my PSC and it worked great.

Picked up Hellblade for in-store pickup. The lack of GCU working kinda stings, as mine expires next week. Would have bought some more just to experience the thrill one last time, but alas.

Ugh. I got dragon marked for death during the most recent b2g1 sale at GameStop when it was $45, and now I'm having regret about not maximizing my savings...

Otherwise, there's a couple of $20 switch games that caught my eye, but not much else
Looks like they only have digital copies for $14.99. I was going to buy it, but I want it physical.

I went ahead and ordered Darksiders on Switch but nothing else really for me here.

Holy fuck Best Buy is quickly going downhill, it’ll only get worse with their new CEO
Why? Because they, like every other retailer, are scaling back on sales and inventory of physical media which takes up a lot of floor space and hardly makes them any money?

Nope. Try again.

Why? Because they, like every other retailer, are scaling back on sales and inventory of physical media which takes up a lot of floor space and hardly makes them any money?

Nope. Try again.
From what I understand Best Buy is actually doing pretty well right now in terms of business. In terms of being THE best place to buy games, Best Buy stopped being that place when GCU died.

From what I understand Best Buy is actually doing pretty well right now in terms of business. In terms of being THE best place to buy games, Best Buy stopped being that place when GCU died.
Well, yeah, because they were likely losing money on GCU. Same reason why Amazon did the same thing. Given publishers are striving to push consumers away from retail, and that now over half of sales are digital, just makes less and less sense for stores to waste their time and energy to keep the attention of a dwindling pool of buyers.

My GCU expired last month, so nothing really stands out. As I was scrolling through the list I saw some okay deals on PSVR games and was hoping for Blood and Truth, but it's probably still to early and selling too well to warrant a drop yet.

One thing I did notice on the site but not the post is that Bloodstaned for the PS4/XBO is $30 and now comes with the metal case (which was previously exclusive to the Switch version). Good deal for anyone who wants the metal case.

PS4: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-playstation-4/6165891.p?skuId=6165891

XBO: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-xbox-one/6165886.p?skuId=6165886

My GCU expired last month, so nothing really stands out. As I was scrolling through the list I saw some okay deals on PSVR games and was hoping for Blood and Truth, but it's probably still to early and selling too well to warrant a drop yet.

One thing I did notice on the site but not the post is that Bloodstaned for the PS4/XBO is $30 and now comes with the metal case (which was previously exclusive to the Switch version). Good deal for anyone who wants the metal case.

PS4: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-playstation-4/6165891.p?skuId=6165891

XBO: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-xbox-one/6165886.p?skuId=6165886
GCU doesn't matter much since it doesn't apply anyway. If it did, I'd be all over bloodstained, but eh.

Looks like they only have digital copies for $14.99. I was going to buy it, but I want it physical.

I went ahead and ordered Darksiders on Switch but nothing else really for me here.
The digital copy (of Dragon Marked for Death) only has half the characters, so physical is a much better deal.

PS4: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-playstation-4/6165891.p?skuId=6165891

XBO: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-xbox-one/6165886.p?skuId=6165886
Also available at Target for $24.74 when you order for store pickup.

I got it from Target earlier this week. Now debating if I want to return/spend $5 more for the steelbook (not like it serves any special purpose)...

Also available at Target for $24.74 when you order for store pickup.

I got it from Target earlier this week. Now debating if I want to spend $5 more for the case (not like it serves any special purpose)...
Good point. I'd forgotten since no Target near me had it available for pickup, same situation for Judgement. I guess if someone cares about the metal case it could still be a better deal, but not on raw price. For what it's worth it is a really nice metal case but I know that's not everyone's thing.

I'm really considering a curved monitor for home office use.  Was thinking about a 27" 1080p, but reviews say text could be less clear at that resolution / size.

Any experience with the MSI Optix 24" that's in the sale?

Reads like a good one to use if I ever want to game on it too.  

Does the Bloodstained steelcase come in addition to the normal case?  I remember Best Buy did that with Monster Hunter World, and it drove me nuts that I now have two cases for a single game.

Will probably wait anyway.  I assume Bloodstained physical copies should be available long enough for them to hit $20.

Does the Bloodstained steelcase come in addition to the normal case? I remember Best Buy did that with Monster Hunter World, and it drove me nuts that I now have two cases for a single game.

Will probably wait anyway. I assume Bloodstained physical copies should be available long enough for them to hit $20.
Yes, it's the metalcase in addition to the game and standard case.

Does the Bloodstained steelcase come in addition to the normal case? I remember Best Buy did that with Monster Hunter World, and it drove me nuts that I now have two cases for a single game.

Will probably wait anyway. I assume Bloodstained physical copies should be available long enough for them to hit $20.
As the previous poster said, yes, the Bloodstained metal case is in addition to the standard poly case.

If you're worried about having two cases, be like me and just sell the metal case on the secondary market. The net profit on the sale could be directly applied as a savings on the game purchase, making this the (net) cheapest way to get Bloodstained on the PS4/Xbox to date.

:switch: Dragon Marked for Death rings up as $14.99 in store after they put in your rewards info ^^
It's back up on the website now, but listed at $39.99. Can anyone confirm if it still rings up as $14.99 in store, or did it update to the higher price there too?

It's back up on the website now, but listed at $39.99. Can anyone confirm if it still rings up as $14.99 in store, or did it update to the higher price there too?
Just came back from the store. Unfortunately, it rings up at $39.99 even with your rewards info entered :(

If you're worried about having two cases, be like me and just sell the metal case on the secondary market. The net profit on the sale could be directly applied as a savings on the game purchase, making this the (net) cheapest way to get Bloodstained on the PS4/Xbox to date.
I admire your tenacity, but I'm lazy and would rather achieve similar results simply by doing nothing for 4-6 months.

Gotta love their logic behind giving free NES/SNES Classic extension cables with a wireless controller. :lol:

bread's done
Back