Best Buy Black Friday in July Sale (7/26-7/27, Early Access 7/25)

tyrok

CAGiversary!
$9.99:

• :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Crayola Scoot
  • :xb1: :ps4: Extinction
  • :ps4: Flashback
  • :ps4: Loading Human

$14.99:

• :xb1: :ps4: Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  • :ps4: Bridge Constructor: Portal
  • :xb1: Cuphead (Digital)
  • :ps4: Doom VFR
  • :ps4: Hellblade
  • :xb1: :ps4: Mutant League Football
  • :xb1: :ps4: NASCAR Heat 3
  • :xb1: NBA 2K19
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: NBA 2K Playgrounds 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: The Occupation
  • :xb1: Ori and the Blind Forrest: Definitive Edition (Digital)
  • :xb1: Recore: Definitive Edition (Digital)
  • :xb1: :ps4: Sega Genesis Classics
  • :switch: Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn
  • :xb1: :ps4: Strange Brigade
  • :xb1: :ps4: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
  • :xb1: :ps4: WWE 2K19

$19.99:

• :xb1: :ps4: 8 to Glory
  • :switch: Aces of the Luftwaffe - Squadron Extended Edition
  • :switch: America's Greatest Game Shows
  • :xb1: :ps4: Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • :xb1: Bridge Constructor: Portal
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Carnival Games
  • :switch: Darksiders Warmastered Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Dragons: Dawn of the New Riders
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: The Evil Within 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: Friday the 13th Ultimate Edition
  • :switch: Fun! Fun! Animal Park
  • :ps4: Ghost Giant
  • :switch: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Owltimate Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: The Golf Club 2019
  • :xb1: :ps4: Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Online Edition
  • :ps4: :switch: Grip
  • :xb1: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: :wiiu: :wii: Just Dance 2019
  • :switch: Legend of Kay Anniversary
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: The Lego Movie 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Lego The Incredibles
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Lego DC Supervillains
  • :xb1: :ps4: Lego Marvel Collection
  • :switch: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
  • :xb1: :ps4: Metal Gear Survive
  • :ps4: Monster Jam Steel Titans
  • :switch: Mutant League Football
  • :ps4: MX vs ATV All Out
  • :switch: My Little Riding Champion
  • :xb1: :ps4: My Time at Portia
  • :ps4: :switch: NBA 2K19
  • :xb1: :ps4: Overcooked 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: Paw Patrol: On a Roll
  • :switch: Rad Rodgers
  • :xb1: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered
  • :xb1: :ps4: Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition
  • :ps4: Smash Hit Plunder
  • :switch: Spinx and the Cursed Mummy
  • :switch: Sports Party
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Starlink: Battle For Atlas
  • :xb1: :switch: Steven Universe/OK KO!
  • :xb1: :ps4: Tempest 4000
  • :xb1: :ps4: Titan Quest
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: This is the Police 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Advanced Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: An Ugly Doll Adventure
  • :switch: Victor Vran: Overkill Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: Wolfenstein 2: The New Order
  • :ps4: Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
$24.99:

• :xb1: :ps4: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Special Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition
  • :xb1: Sea of Theives

$29.99:

• :xb1: :ps4: :switch: American Ninja Warrior
  • :switch: Battle Chasers: Nightwar
  • :xb1: :ps4: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • :ps4: Call of Cthulhu
  • :xb1: Conan Exiles
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Crash N-Sane Trilogy
  • :xb1: :ps4: Darksiders 3
  • :switch: Death Mark
  • :switch: The Escapists 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: Elite Dangerous
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: Fallout 76
  • :xb1: Forza Horizon 4
  • :switch: Gear Club Unlimited 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: Generation Zero
  • :xb1: :ps4: the Hunter: Game of the Year Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: Immortal Unchained
  • :switch: Lego Harry Potter Collection
  • :switch: MudRunner American Wilds
  • :switch: My Time at Portia
  • :switch: Paw Patrol: On a Roll
  • :ps4: Outward
  • :switch: Overcooked 2
  • :switch: Saint's Row: The Third
  • :xb1: :ps4: Space Hulk Tactics
  • :switch: Steven Universe/OK KO!
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Super Bomberman R
  • :xb1: :ps4: Tennis World Tour
  • :switch: This War of Mine Complete Edition
  • :switch: TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge
  • :xb1: :ps4: Vamyr

$34.99

• :xb1: :ps4: Red Dead Redemption 2

$39.99:

• :ps4: Days Gone
  • :switch: Dragon Marked for Death
  • :ps4: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim VR
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: Fallout 76 Deluxe Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: Farming Simulator 19
  • :xb1: :ps4: Friday the 13th Ultimate Collector's Edition
  • :switch: Hasbro Game Night
  • :ps4: Judgement
  • :xb1: :ps4: Jurassic World Evolution
  • :switch: Little Dragons Cafe
  • :switch: Little Friends: Dogs & Cats

$49.99:

• :ps4: F1 2019 Anniversary Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: Pro Evolution Soccer 2019
  • :ps4: Warhammer: Chaosbane

$69.99

• :xb1: :ps4: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Steelbook Edition

Everything Else:

• PlayStation 4 Pro Console $349.99 Save $50
  • Free White Controller and Halo: The Master Chief Collection with purchase of Select Xbox One Consoles
  • Nintendo 2DS XL Black/Turquoise $129.99 Save $20 (Not available for Early Access)
  • Nintendo 2DS XL White/Orange $129.99 Save $20 (Not available for Early Access)
  • Save $30 when you buy 2 DualShock 4 Controllers

Last edited by a moderator:
AC: Odyssey on sale, but Origins still sitting at $40.

So weird, usually the year before installment doesn't hold its value this well.
Probably because they know Origins is the better game, with no (nor need for) "timesaving" microtransactions. They should go all out and treat Odyssey as a F2P game.

AC: Odyssey on sale, but Origins still sitting at $40.

So weird, usually the year before installment doesn't hold its value this well.
Probably because they know Origins is the better game, with no (nor need for) "timesaving" microtransactions. They should go all out and treat Odyssey as a F2P game.

Agreed. I've said this countless times in the past, though on other forums.

AC: Odyssey is not an Assassin's Creed game.

I’ve been loving the AC series for over a decade. The first had me hooked, and I dove in deep throughout the years collecting everything from statues, art, shoes, if it was AC related, I owned it. Oh and I 100%/platinumed every game too. Put in around 140 hours into Origins as well. Then along came odyssey. Got it launch day October 2, and put 21 hours into it the first week. And I’ve never touched it since. I did follow the official ubi forums to check for the constant patch changes as well.

I just cannot stand the new design, be it the rubber banding like Mario kart, forced level scaling, how you can never get ahead. Shoot someone in the eye with an arrow? That’s -20 damage. Stab a spear through their torso? Nope, doesn’t kill someone. Even at level 70, fighting a wolf is a challenge without superpowers. And don’t get me started on the adrenaline, having to turn into flames to do 2x damage, jumping off 100 meter cliffs without dying, oh yeah and no hidden blade. I truly have no idea how or why this is titled as an AC game when it has nothing to do with the series. Some have suggested it was just branding to push sales.

I was hoping to grab Crash Team Racing or Bloodstained at <$20. At $23.99, I’m not sure if the physical version of bloodstained is worth it. Thoughts??
Bloodstained is fantastic. Just don't buy the Switch version.

I disagree. I like Odyssey a lot more than I do Origins. Both are good, but Odyssey had a better setting, characters, and story.

Bloodstained is fantastic. Just don't buy the Switch version.

I disagree. I like Odyssey a lot more than I do Origins. Both are good, but Odyssey had a better setting, characters, and story.
Bloodstained is a Castlevania game. That means it's a good game for people who like that sort of game. Otherwise, you're probably not going to like it.

Bloodstained is a Castlevania game. That means it's a good game for people who like that sort of game. Otherwise, you're probably not going to like it.
Shouldn't that be pretty obvious that if you don't like Castlevania then you probably won't like the game that is a spiritual successor to Castlevania: SotN?

Castlevania is one of my all-time favorite series and Bloodstained is one of the best games I've played this year so far.

So GCU is working now on games
Wish I had waited.

Annoying that it wasn't working all along like it should have been.

I'm still waiting for my partial refund on the GCU difference to actually show up. (I got an email confirmation but nothing else yet.)

All WD Easystore are discounted 40% or more
Just type WD Easystore,10gb for 160

Google express has the 2TB with a coupon for$81, cant link on mobile, but clip the coupon

Castlevania is one of my all-time favorite series and Bloodstained is one of the best games I've played this year so far.
I hadn’t played SotN until last year and it immediately became one of my favorite games. Bloodstained RotN captures just about everything I liked about SotN and adds so much more. Now a slightly more seasoned Metroidvania player, I’ve found the progression seems tuned to my skill level (I tend to slightly over-level before bosses), the quests add another reason to backtrack without being annoying, the passive skills make exploration less opaque than SotN, and the platforming is tight and responsive (even on the switch with drifting joycons).

Besides the beaten to death Switch issues (the game is still playable, loading is annoying at times), the only things I’ve not liked are the crafting system (for multi-step items, it would be nice to just select the final item if you have all the resources for the intermediaries), the “bad ending” was a bit too obvious imho, and the ninjas!

I preordered at full price for the switch version (with GCU) and am happy. I double dipped for a PS4 copy and am excited for a second play through. Add the promised free 13 DLC and it seems like a great deal. Then add a steel book on top?

Side question:

How much GCU did BB allow you to stack while it was still available?  A lot of people still seem to have it despite it shutting down over a year ago.

For those who bought stuff pre GCU working, just get into chat and explain and they'll credit you the difference (eventually).

I'm still waiting for my partial refund on the GCU difference to actually show up. (I got an email confirmation but nothing else yet.)
You probably do need to go pick up the items first. I got a partial refund after price matching once, and the refund didn't show until the order had shipped.

So I ordered bloodstained for in store pick up with the metal case and the game is ready but they can't find the case even though it said it was available for pickup sigh.

Should I just order it online instead?

Wish I had waited.

Annoying that it wasn't working all along like it should have been.

If you got the refund email, you should be good. In my past experience after they send the email it takes about 2 to 3 business days to show on your credit card account/statement.

For those who bought stuff pre GCU working, just get into chat and explain and they'll credit you the difference (eventually).
I plan on doing this. Its annoying, and will waste 20 to 30 minutes of my time, but it does save me about $15 for the games I bought. I don't think they will add the GCU discount to Dragon though (since I bought it at $14.99 and its $39.99 now) but the other titles I bought should be no problem.

Wow, had the Bloodstained steel case delivered this morning despite shipping last night.  Have to hand it to BB on 12 hour delivery of an essentially free item.  Case was a little dinged, but not enough to make a stink about.

So I ordered bloodstained for in store pick up with the metal case and the game is ready but they can't find the case even though it said it was available for pickup sigh.

Should I just order it online instead?
Same thing happened with my order, and I switched the steelbook to shipping.

Side question:

How much GCU did BB allow you to stack while it was still available? A lot of people still seem to have it despite it shutting down over a year ago.

More than 4 years at least. I had an active sub that was near expiration when I bought a renewal through a Call of Duty sponsored charity thing. There was a mixup and the codes wouldn’t redeem at first so they sent out new codes. Then they fixed the issue with the old codes and told us just to redeem it and have an extra sub for free, as a thanks for supporting charity. So I was able to add 4 yeas to my then active sub putting me at Dec 2020 expiration. Funny though, I can’t for the life of me find my subscription expiration in mybestbuy anymore. But it is still working

I thought dragon marked for death was suppose to be $15 for switch?
Turns out it was just the digital version. They didn't have the physical listed on the site yesterday, but some people where able to get it in-store for $15. They have since added the physical version back to the site, but it is $39.99.

Was also interested at $15, but any more is a pass for me.

Turns out it was just the digital version. They didn't have the physical listed on the site yesterday, but some people where able to get it in-store for $15. They have since added the physical version back to the site, but it is $39.99.

Was also interested at $15, but any more is a pass for me.
I picked this up for 14.99, it's arriving today. If it's the digital only version, I won't be pleased.

If you got the refund email, you should be good. In my past experience after they send the email it takes about 2 to 3 business days to show on your credit card account/statement.

I plan on doing this. Its annoying, and will waste 20 to 30 minutes of my time, but it does save me about $15 for the games I bought. I don't think they will add the GCU discount to Dragon though (since I bought it at $14.99 and its $39.99 now) but the other titles I bought should be no problem.
The refund actually came ten minutes after I picked up the order. I have no idea if there's any correlation, but I suspect there is.

When I got home, I noticed a crack on the regular game case. Had to drive right back, ugh. Thankfully, doing an exchange in-store was easy enough.

This whole experience has been kind of draining - from a long chat to get the GCU refund to a cracked case - but at least it all worked out in the end.

(Funnily enough, the total after the refund was 1 cent extra than it would have been if I'd ordered normally with GCU. Not sure why, and I certainly don't care enough to complain, lol.)

Edit: Considering all the trouble people are having getting the metal case, I guess I should count myself lucky that that part of it wasn't an issue for me.

My Switch games often come with slit marks on the side. Wish Best Buy and Amazon would take more care with Switch game cases. It's happened several times even with games I've preordered such as Fire Emblem. Probably won't return it this time since the mark is a little smaller, but still annoying since I like to keep my cases in good shape.

Last edited:
Side question:

How much GCU did BB allow you to stack while it was still available? A lot of people still seem to have it despite it shutting down over a year ago.
Well I have mine through 2022 and I haven’t renewed for at least 3 years...maybe more. So I stacked at least 6 years. It was something ridiculous with a phone deal if I remember? I think it was free with any phone purchase and it was working with a $10 tracphone or something. Sold the phones on amazon.

I Platinumed Odyssey and never felt like I needed to purchase xp boosts or any other microtransaction. There are plenty of interesting side quests to do if you happen to be too low of a level for the main quest, which I never was. I mean if you just want to rush the main quest or have to bitch for the sake of it about any game that has microtransactions, then yeah, you might not like Odyssey.

Sale related, is Best Buy price matching previous purchases during this sale or treating it like normal Black Friday with no matching?

Well I have mine through 2022 and I haven’t renewed for at least 3 years...maybe more. So I stacked at least 6 years. It was something ridiculous with a phone deal if I remember? I think it was free with any phone purchase and it was working with a $10 tracphone or something. Sold the phones on amazon.
Wasn't there a glitch where you only needed to purchase a $3 sim card or something and you got a year of GCU with it?

I'm on the fence whether I want to finally get that Odyssey Gold Edition. I sadly couldn't get it at GS because there wasn't any on my area, but with GCU its like 6 dollars more plus taxes. Don't know if this will be cheaper or not.

lol yeah I did that in like 2014 with the $10 tracphone. Also there was a call of duty veteran endowment thing for cheap gcu a few years ago

Finally bought the PS4 Sega Genesis collection for $12 with gcu. I wish this version came with some of the arcade alternates like the last gen version did.

Lol now there's many of the same prices (some better) and GCU applies. BB has conditioned me to simply not even glance at any of their "off-season black friday" ads

Well I didn't get any games with this sale, but I did buy something game related....... a 65" Sony X950G television for $1500 (its already back to $1800 "sale price"). Its one of the best rated and brightest pictures and has low input lag. It gets delivered tomorrow and I can not wait to game on it with the PS4 Pro and next year, the PS5.

bread's done
Back