Best Buy Black Friday in July Sale (7/26-7/27, Early Access 7/25)

tyrok

CAGiversary!
$9.99:

• :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Crayola Scoot
  • :xb1: :ps4: Extinction
  • :ps4: Flashback
  • :ps4: Loading Human

$14.99:

• :xb1: :ps4: Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  • :ps4: Bridge Constructor: Portal
  • :xb1: Cuphead (Digital)
  • :ps4: Doom VFR
  • :ps4: Hellblade
  • :xb1: :ps4: Mutant League Football
  • :xb1: :ps4: NASCAR Heat 3
  • :xb1: NBA 2K19
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: NBA 2K Playgrounds 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: The Occupation
  • :xb1: Ori and the Blind Forrest: Definitive Edition (Digital)
  • :xb1: Recore: Definitive Edition (Digital)
  • :xb1: :ps4: Sega Genesis Classics
  • :switch: Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn
  • :xb1: :ps4: Strange Brigade
  • :xb1: :ps4: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
  • :xb1: :ps4: WWE 2K19

$19.99:

• :xb1: :ps4: 8 to Glory
  • :switch: Aces of the Luftwaffe - Squadron Extended Edition
  • :switch: America's Greatest Game Shows
  • :xb1: :ps4: Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • :xb1: Bridge Constructor: Portal
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Carnival Games
  • :switch: Darksiders Warmastered Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Dragons: Dawn of the New Riders
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: The Evil Within 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: Friday the 13th Ultimate Edition
  • :switch: Fun! Fun! Animal Park
  • :ps4: Ghost Giant
  • :switch: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Owltimate Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: The Golf Club 2019
  • :xb1: :ps4: Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Online Edition
  • :ps4: :switch: Grip
  • :xb1: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: :wiiu: :wii: Just Dance 2019
  • :switch: Legend of Kay Anniversary
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: The Lego Movie 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Lego The Incredibles
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Lego DC Supervillains
  • :xb1: :ps4: Lego Marvel Collection
  • :switch: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
  • :xb1: :ps4: Metal Gear Survive
  • :ps4: Monster Jam Steel Titans
  • :switch: Mutant League Football
  • :ps4: MX vs ATV All Out
  • :switch: My Little Riding Champion
  • :xb1: :ps4: My Time at Portia
  • :ps4: :switch: NBA 2K19
  • :xb1: :ps4: Overcooked 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: Paw Patrol: On a Roll
  • :switch: Rad Rodgers
  • :xb1: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered
  • :xb1: :ps4: Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition
  • :ps4: Smash Hit Plunder
  • :switch: Spinx and the Cursed Mummy
  • :switch: Sports Party
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Starlink: Battle For Atlas
  • :xb1: :switch: Steven Universe/OK KO!
  • :xb1: :ps4: Tempest 4000
  • :xb1: :ps4: Titan Quest
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: This is the Police 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Advanced Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: An Ugly Doll Adventure
  • :switch: Victor Vran: Overkill Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: Wolfenstein 2: The New Order
  • :ps4: Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
$24.99:

• :xb1: :ps4: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Special Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition
  • :xb1: Sea of Theives

$29.99:

• :xb1: :ps4: :switch: American Ninja Warrior
  • :switch: Battle Chasers: Nightwar
  • :xb1: :ps4: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • :ps4: Call of Cthulhu
  • :xb1: Conan Exiles
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Crash N-Sane Trilogy
  • :xb1: :ps4: Darksiders 3
  • :switch: Death Mark
  • :switch: The Escapists 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: Elite Dangerous
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: Fallout 76
  • :xb1: Forza Horizon 4
  • :switch: Gear Club Unlimited 2
  • :xb1: :ps4: Generation Zero
  • :xb1: :ps4: the Hunter: Game of the Year Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: Immortal Unchained
  • :switch: Lego Harry Potter Collection
  • :switch: MudRunner American Wilds
  • :switch: My Time at Portia
  • :switch: Paw Patrol: On a Roll
  • :ps4: Outward
  • :switch: Overcooked 2
  • :switch: Saint's Row: The Third
  • :xb1: :ps4: Space Hulk Tactics
  • :switch: Steven Universe/OK KO!
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Super Bomberman R
  • :xb1: :ps4: Tennis World Tour
  • :switch: This War of Mine Complete Edition
  • :switch: TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge
  • :xb1: :ps4: Vamyr

$34.99

• :xb1: :ps4: Red Dead Redemption 2

$39.99:

• :ps4: Days Gone
  • :switch: Dragon Marked for Death
  • :ps4: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim VR
  • :xb1: :ps4: :pc: Fallout 76 Deluxe Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: Farming Simulator 19
  • :xb1: :ps4: Friday the 13th Ultimate Collector's Edition
  • :switch: Hasbro Game Night
  • :ps4: Judgement
  • :xb1: :ps4: Jurassic World Evolution
  • :switch: Little Dragons Cafe
  • :switch: Little Friends: Dogs & Cats

$49.99:

• :ps4: F1 2019 Anniversary Edition
  • :xb1: :ps4: Pro Evolution Soccer 2019
  • :ps4: Warhammer: Chaosbane

$69.99

• :xb1: :ps4: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Steelbook Edition

Everything Else:

• PlayStation 4 Pro Console $349.99 Save $50
  • Free White Controller and Halo: The Master Chief Collection with purchase of Select Xbox One Consoles
  • Nintendo 2DS XL Black/Turquoise $129.99 Save $20 (Not available for Early Access)
  • Nintendo 2DS XL White/Orange $129.99 Save $20 (Not available for Early Access)
  • Save $30 when you buy 2 DualShock 4 Controllers

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came back from the store. Unfortunately, it rings up at $39.99 even with your rewards info entered :(
Boo, now it isn't worth picking up. I also wish Judgement was a bit cheaper, wanted to pick it up at Target with the 25% off for in-store pick up, but it's not in stock at the Target stores near me. Definitely would buy if I had GCU and could get that $39.99 closer to $30, but I will just continue to wait.

Just tried adding Dragon to cart for online order/in store pickup.  My GCU is still active but the price did not reduce at all.  So I'd 2nd that GCU does not seem to apply to these.

I was exited for Dragon Marked for Death, so even though it was off the site I checked last night at a store that had 2. I went there when it opened this morning and was lucky to get it for 14.99. I also picked up HellBlade for the PS4. And GCU doesn't work because it's black friday.

My GCU is still active but the price did not reduce at all. So I'd 2nd that GCU does not seem to apply to these.
That sucks. :\ I guess it's because this is being marketed as a "Black Friday" sale, and GCU has never applied on the real BF either.

Rings the higher price.
Yep. Though, I wasn't aware of this, so when it rang up higher, I said, "Oh, it was showing $14.99 on your site." She calls for an override, but then I get their page loaded and it's higher. Say forget it. But the manager just got there and said "No override now? It showed $15, but we raised it? I'll give it to you."

15 bucks and off I went.

That sucks. :\ I guess it's because this is being marketed as a "Black Friday" sale, and GCU has never applied on the real BF either.
That seems weird, though. Like they could then call any sale they want a "Black Friday" sale and not take GCU.

The FAQ says that GCU doesn't apply to the "Thanksgiving Day physical ad or expanded digital ad."

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/my-best-buy/gamers-club-unlocked-faqs/pcmcat341800050017.c?id=pcmcat341800050017

20% discount off new physical Video Games, including pre-orders (excludes Pre-owned Video Games and Digital Gaming). Benefit does not combine with promotions advertised in Best Buy’s Thanksgiving Day physical ad or expanded digital ad. Limit 3 copies of each title per platform per year per member. Valid on in-stock items only. For in- store pre-orders, the discount is applied when you pick up and purchase your pre-order; for BestBuy.com pre-orders, the discount is applied when you check out. No rainchecks. No dealers. For complete details of this benefit, see My Best Buy Gamers Club and Gamers Club Unlocked FAQs.
But I doubt they care all that much since it's just moochers that are legacied in.

I admire your tenacity, but I'm lazy and would rather achieve similar results simply by doing nothing for 4-6 months.
Eh, I did a similar thing for Monster Hunter World when it released with a freebie steelbook. Steelbook went into a storage tub and I forgot about it for about a year. Meanwhile, played MH:W to death and nearly got the platinum (stupid small crowns...). Went and sold the steelbook for more than what I paid for the game + steelbook, which was a win in my book.

To me, these are simply habits that are a part of being a fully-fledged (100% legal) CAG - i.e. gamers that want to play, but at a fraction of the full retail cost.

That seems weird, though. Like they could then call any sale they want a "Black Friday" sale and not take GCU.

The FAQ says that GCU doesn't apply to the "Thanksgiving Day physical ad or expanded digital ad."

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/my-best-buy/gamers-club-unlocked-faqs/pcmcat341800050017.c?id=pcmcat341800050017

But I doubt they care all that much since it's just moochers that are legacied in.
Used this when chatting for a price adjustment and got Bloodstained shipped no problem with GCU applied. Thank you!

every time I see "black friday" event any time except black friday its a half assed joke of a sale, which makes it a LIE imo.

I just used the "Help" button that popped up on the side of the product page. Sometimes it takes a minute to switch from "not available" to "chat with us" but I think it may just go down from time-to-time.
Couldn't get browser to work no matter what I did. Doing a chat through the app. He seems to think $29.99 is the GCU price, so not sure I'll be able to get it. We'll see.

Update: Got it!

Did store pickup because that was the only way to get the metal case.

Thanks for the GCU through chat tip. They helped me without any trouble. Got Bloodstained with steelbook for the same price as my earlier Target order.

Couldn't get browser to work no matter what I did. Doing a chat through the app. He seems to think $29.99 is the GCU price, so not sure I'll be able to get it. We'll see.

Update: Got it!

Did store pickup because that was the only way to get the metal case.
Only part of my order - the game itself - is ready for pickup. The metal case isn't yet.

To make matters worse, now are both able to be shipped whereas the metal case was definitely store pickup only for me before.

I got an e-mail about the GCU refund, but it still hasn't posted.

Hope this doesn't end up being a complicated mess.

I picked up Bloodstained PS4 at Target two days ago using their store pick up promotion for $24 and change.  Saw that BB was now including the steel case with PS4 orders and that they would be selling the PS4 version at $29.99 starting today, so ordered it again, through Best Buy supposedly with the steel case.  Well, BB just shipped my PS4 copy from the order but no movement at all on the free steel case.  Sigh, guess I better keep that Target handy in case I need to return the BB one if they never send the steel case.

I picked up Bloodstained PS4 at Target two days ago using their store pick up promotion for $24 and change. Saw that BB was now including the steel case with PS4 orders and that they would be selling the PS4 version at $29.99 starting today, so ordered it again, through Best Buy supposedly with the steel case. Well, BB just shipped my PS4 copy from the order but no movement at all on the free steel case. Sigh, guess I better keep that Target handy in case I need to return the BB one if they never send the steel case.
Update on mine: The steel case is supposedly ready for in-store pickup now too, but I've yet to see any evidence of the GCU refund I asked for - other than an e-mail. I wonder if it doesn't trigger until I pick it up? That doesn't make any sense, but who knows. I'm not too worried though.

I would've jumped on that Target deal, but no stores in my area have it.

Update on mine: The steel case is supposedly ready for in-store pickup now too, but I've yet to see any evidence of the GCU refund I asked for - other than an e-mail. I wonder if it doesn't trigger until I pick it up? That doesn't make any sense, but who knows. I'm not too worried though.

I would've jumped on that Target deal, but no stores in my area have it.
Somehow my case got split from the game, too. The case was available for pickup almost immediately, but the game is supposed to be arriving by UPS tomorrow.

Somehow my case got split from the game, too. The case was available for pickup almost immediately, but the game is supposed to be arriving by UPS tomorrow.
That's what happened to me when I tried to order, so I ended up just selecting both for in-store pickup since I would've had to go there anyway for the case. Both are apparently ready for pickup, but I won't be able to go until tomorrow or the weekend probably.

I opened a chat as I was placing the order and asked for a partial refund because GCU wasn't applying (I only asked for and received the discount I would've gotten with GCU). I got an email confirmation for the refund, but there's no other sign of it yet (it's not even showing up on my BestBuy.com order page). Do you know how long it takes for refunds to actually process? I remember it being immediate before, but maybe not.

Wondering if I actually have to pick up the items for the refund to trigger?

As usual, I'm sure I'm overthinking this for no reason.

So, they shipped my Dragon Marked for Death that I got for 14.99. Wow! Glad they stuck with it...things like this never happen to me, excited to finally get that game.

After seeing other people successfully use the chat function to get the GCU discount to apply to these prices, I decided to give it a go after ordering several things.  It took a little more back-and-forth than I was expecting, and I had to link them to the GCU terms and conditions page posted here after getting some pushback that the sale and GCU prices shouldn't stack, but I eventually did get the discount applied to all my items.

So, they shipped my Dragon Marked for Death that I got for 14.99. Wow! Glad they stuck with it...things like this never happen to me, excited to finally get that game.
Also got a shipping notice for the Dragon: Marked for Death I ordered just after 1am. Pretty excited since I've considered buying this for $30 a few times.

Also, got another shipping notice for my Bloodstained steel case by itself. Hopefully it doesn't come in dented.

I need an external HDD

Do you think the WD Easystore series is any good? It’s marked down to $50 for the 1TB which is really all I want, with the $5 coupon i have its $49 total
Should I get this one or is there something better but closer in price/same but cheaper?

Thanks for any help

I need an external HDD

Do you think the WD Easystore series is any good? It’s marked down to $50 for the 1TB which is really all I want, with the $5 coupon i have its $49 total
Should I get this one or is there something better but closer in price/same but cheaper?

Thanks for any help
I’ve been using a 4TB of these for a few years and it’s been working flawlessly so far. I would recommend a larger one though, my previous drive was 1TB and it filled up quite a bit faster than I imagined it would.

I’ve been using a 4TB of these for a few years and it’s been working flawlessly so far. I would recommend a larger one though, my previous drive was 1TB and it filled up quite a bit faster than I imagined it would.
thanks, well its for a specific purpose. I need to backup about 25 -50 DVDs and it’ll be more than enough. Just for an archive backup that wont be touched literally, after its finished. $48 shipped for the 1TB WD Easynote was a good deal i think, cant get a good quality brand like that for less anyway so I’m happy, even if its $5 more than a BF deal

The soundbar I was watching dropped ahead of the preview. Vizio 46" 5.1.4 was $999, sale of $699, and as of this morning there's open box excellent for shipping at ~$520. Insane reduction, hard to be responsible.

bread's done
Back