Best Buy - Buy 1 PS3 game, get 1 50% off - starting 9/6/09

chuckywang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Buy 1, get 1 50% off on PS3 games at BestBuy.com

Buy Any PS3 Game $59.99 or less and get a SECOND PS3 game 50% off
Titles shown:$59.99
Infamous, Killzone 2, MLB 09 The Show, Madden 10, Tiger Woods 10, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty WaW, Resident Evil 5, Batman Arkham Asylum, Guitar Hero 5

$49.99
Call of Duty 4

$39.99
Street Fighter IV

$29.99
Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto IV, Midnight Club Los Angeles

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='brighenne']I think I'm going to grab dirt 2 and arkham asylum. Just a heads up, the dirt 2 preorder actually works so it looks like they manually went through to make sure the game was coming out during the sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Dirt 2 pre-order definitely works. Just ordered it and Madden 10 from the website.

[quote name='wastedyears']X360 has more rpgs than the PS3, but I think PS3 has the better rpgs. Vakyria Chronicles is easily the best rpg on either system, and Disgaea 3 is very good also. Personally, I thought Oblivion was about as exciting as watching paint dry, but Fallout 3 is pretty good. And the 360 has been out for a year longer, so it has an additional years' worth of games.[/QUOTE]

I personally think the 360 has the better RPGs with Star Ocean 4, Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, etc. I love traditional RPGs but cannot stand strategy RPGs which is why neither Valkyria or Disgaea do a thing for me.

[quote name='affa']valkyria chronicles is one of the best games I've ever played, ever. maybe not better than robotron, grin, but freakin' good.

Fallout 3? Preferred the originals but most seem to think this would qualify.

Point is, to say 'ZERO' simply paints you as a 360 fanboy, because you're denying the obvious.

And you're also ignoring the coming months, where we're going to be deluged with RPGS -- Demon's Souls, Alpha Protocol, White Knight Chronicles, Dragon Age: Origins, etc.

I mean, don't get me wrong, you can blindly criticize whatever you want. But don't think we don't notice.

EDITED TO ADD: Ah, for some reason i thought i had been on the last page of comments. I see others have made similar points.[/QUOTE]

trust me im far from a 360 fanboy. Im just disapointed with the ps3s lack of true RPGs, and I personally never considered olbivion/fallout 3 (although the REAL fallouts are solid rpgs) real rpgs. Eternal Sonata and Disgaea 3 seemed like the only true rpgs on the system (so far)

And Valkyrie chronicles I may have missed, i plan on checking it out soon. But eitherway my point was that the ps3 is barren with RPGS. I was DEFINITELY NOT suggesting the 360 is much better. Id just like to see Sony start releasing all the damn rpgs on the psp onto the ps3 then maybe we could have something to get excited about.

[quote name='Killbomb']Yeah, the Dirt 2 pre-order definitely works. Just ordered it and Madden 10 from the website.

I personally think the 360 has the better RPGs with Star Ocean 4, Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, etc. I love traditional RPGs but cannot stand strategy RPGs which is why neither Valkyria or Disgaea do a thing for me.[/QUOTE]

That's why I have a 360 and a ps3. :)

[quote name='klinediscream']There's an official online list of games that work with this promotion:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat191200050021

And there's already a caveat on there that says the offer excludes pre-orders.

BTW, isn't Infamous a good PS3 exclusive Action RPG? That's what I've heard anyways, and it's on the list.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't consider it to have any rpg elements whatsoever. It's pretty fun I suppose. I just sold it off without finishing it however.

Going to get Batman and Gh5. Grab the VH code out of there and sell it off on ebay. Then can sell Van Halen when it comes out and virtually get batman for free :)

Im going to get Batman AA and LBP game of the year edition.

Anyone know if you can buy more games with this deal? Like can I also get 2 other games along with the games im buying and get the 50% off for them?

[quote name='joe7991']Im going to get Batman AA and LBP game of the year edition.

Anyone know if you can buy more games with this deal? Like can I also get 2 other games along with the games im buying and get the 50% off for them?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. I bought 4 games at the same time for the xbox deal. My best buy didn't know what games were on the list so they just gave me it on what I got and they scanned the higher games first...

I got Bioshock for 30 and Assassins Creed for 15(normally 30) than Dead Space for 30 and Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts for 10 (normally 20)

I went and got Assassin's Creed and Uncharted today. With some RZ certificates that I had, they ended up being $15 each total.

Most notable about this was that the closest Best Buy that had both of them in stock was one in Fairfax that I didn't even know existed.

[quote name='Killbomb']Forgot about this earlier but has anyone tried using the 10% off Reward Zone coupon on this deal?[/QUOTE]

Yup they said "NO", well they said it nicely but they basically said the coupon says "All REGULARLY PRICED" and since BOGO 50% isn't regular priced it was an either or situation, obviously making BOGO the way to go.

Unfortunately, I was trying to do a return/rebuy with my Simpsons DVDs and they ended up overcharging me for those. Argh! I'm heading back to Best Buy tomorrow.

[quote name='arcane93']I went and got Assassin's Creed and Uncharted today. With some RZ certificates that I had, they ended up being $15 each total.

Most notable about this was that the closest Best Buy that had both of them in stock was one in Fairfax that I didn't even know existed.[/QUOTE]

What dollar value were your RZCs?

[quote name='etcrane']Anyone know if the standard LBP price at BB will drop when the GOTY edition is released on Tuesday?[/QUOTE]

Doubtful. But you don't want the old edition anyway, the GOTY bundle is everything you want including the Metal Gear Solid level pack.

Just any FYI for anybody thinking about getting Dirt 2 - there is a promotion that will stack: you’ll earn 150 Reward Zone® program Gamers Club bonus points.

nothing but FAIL for me today. I wanted to get MGS4 and Uncharted with this deal, but the 2 BBs I went to did not have Uncharted. So I tried to get the deal at Walmart......only to find out that Uncharted is $60 (despite it having the greatest hits sticker). Then I went to Sears, only to find out that they wouldn't match the deal. Adding insult to....well......insult, every single sales clerk that I asked for assistance made me feel like a jackass for even asking. At BB, Kmart, and Sears the clerks were gathered in groups of 3-4 and wouldn't bother helping anyone. One dude at Sears couldn't even stomach looking me in the eye, he must have been able to tell that I was going to ask for assistance. I loathe going to brick and mortar these days because the clerks make it feel like they are doing you a favor instead of just doing their job. I am not difficult and I always say thanks. Oh well, at least I justified my misanthropy

[quote name='Kestastrophe']Adding insult to....well......insult, every single sales clerk that I asked for assistance made me feel like a jackass for even asking. At BB, Kmart, and Sears the clerks were gathered in groups of 3-4 and wouldn't bother helping anyone. One dude at Sears couldn't even stomach looking me in the eye, he must have been able to tell that I was going to ask for assistance. I loathe going to brick and mortar these days because the clerks make it feel like they are doing you a favor instead of just doing their job. I am not difficult and I always say thanks. Oh well, at least I justified my misanthropy[/QUOTE]

same here. i stopped going to b&m stores and only get games and electronics online now.

anyway, i was thinking about getting some games but decided i'd rather save the money for when uncharted 2 and gran turismo 5 come out.

[quote name='technole']Doubtful. But you don't want the old edition anyway, the GOTY bundle is everything you want including the Metal Gear Solid level pack.[/QUOTE]

Also included is access to the ModNation Racers beta/demo.. :cool:

I went in today and since I want MUA2, i asked if i can just buy 2 games then return 1 on tuesday for when that comes out and they said yes its fine!!!!

as long as its with in 30 days, Scoreeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Tdogg2k8']I went in today and since I want MUA2, i asked if i can just buy 2 games then return 1 on tuesday for when that comes out and they said yes its fine!!!!

as long as its with in 30 days, Scoreeeeee!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Jealous...

how accurate is the bestbuy site for availability of items? none of the bestbuy next to me apparently has none of the games I want TT

[quote name='dejeckt']how accurate is the bestbuy site for availability of items? none of the bestbuy next to me apparently has none of the games I want TT[/QUOTE]

Call them. And don't mention the sale to them (though they prob already know).. because they might hoard.

[quote name='Kestastrophe']nothing but FAIL for me today. I wanted to get MGS4 and Uncharted with this deal, but the 2 BBs I went to did not have Uncharted. So I tried to get the deal at Walmart......only to find out that Uncharted is $60 (despite it having the greatest hits sticker). Then I went to Sears, only to find out that they wouldn't match the deal. Adding insult to....well......insult, every single sales clerk that I asked for assistance made me feel like a jackass for even asking. At BB, Kmart, and Sears the clerks were gathered in groups of 3-4 and wouldn't bother helping anyone. One dude at Sears couldn't even stomach looking me in the eye, he must have been able to tell that I was going to ask for assistance. I loathe going to brick and mortar these days because the clerks make it feel like they are doing you a favor instead of just doing their job. I am not difficult and I always say thanks. Oh well, at least I justified my misanthropy[/QUOTE]

You need to take a trip to China where the clerks always outnumber the customers 3:1 and where they are overly helpful. Those groups of 3-4 surround you leaving no avenue for escape.

[quote name='no_exit']Just any FYI for anybody thinking about getting Dirt 2 - there is a promotion that will stack: you’ll earn 150 Reward Zone® program Gamers Club bonus points.[/QUOTE]

how do you know it will stack?

Hey guys.. I had an idea for this deal and was wondering if it would work.

I bought Fallout 3 CE PS3 from BB 2 weeks ago for $29.99. I haven't opened it yet, as I have been busy with other games.

I was thinking, if I returned it to BB tomorrow and bought Dirt 2 then said I wanted to repurchase my copy of F3, would they left me do it for -$15 off the F3?

Only problem is the BB I bought the F3 at had it marked at $29.99 while my closest BB has it at $59.99.

Any way to make this work? I really wanna keep my $30 F3 but I would like $15 off Dirt 2.

[quote name='Butatoy2008']is this gonna work? i buy uncharted then 50% off on madden 10[/QUOTE]
50% off the lowest valued item. So Uncharted for $15

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Hey guys.. I had an idea for this deal and was wondering if it would work.

I bought Fallout 3 CE PS3 from BB 2 weeks ago for $29.99. I haven't opened it yet, as I have been busy with other games.

I was thinking, if I returned it to BB tomorrow and bought Dirt 2 then said I wanted to repurchase my copy of F3, would they left me do it for -$15 off the F3?

Only problem is the BB I bought the F3 at had it marked at $29.99 while my closest BB has it at $59.99.

Any way to make this work? I really wanna keep my $30 F3 but I would like $15 off Dirt 2.[/QUOTE]

I think they won't have a choice but to give it to u at the price u paid. it doesnt hurt to try i mean 15 bucks is half a gas tank or some food...

and

no uncharted is cheaper than madden 10 so u would get madden 10 60 then uncharted for 50%

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Hey guys.. I had an idea for this deal and was wondering if it would work.

Any way to make this work? I really wanna keep my $30 F3 but I would like $15 off Dirt 2.[/QUOTE]

Make sure the BB you return/rebuy from has it at $29.99. Otherwise, it won't work.

Ratchet and Clank: TofD -- $30
Mirror's Edge -- $20
Burnout Paradise -- $20
Bioshock -- $20 (but it says $10 in total)
GTA IV -- $30

How should I do this?

After all said and done walked in bought Batman/Wolfenstein and Riddick/FEAR 2. I noticed they had games they showed OOS in that store when looking at the online site. I wanted to get LOTR but no idea what I would pair it with atm.

[quote name='Casteor']Ratchet and Clank: TofD -- $30
Mirror's Edge -- $20
Burnout Paradise -- $20
Bioshock -- $20 (but it says $10 in total)
GTA IV -- $30

How should I do this?[/QUOTE]

I would say Ratchet and GTA together so you save 15 bucks. Then the rest are all the same price so you would just be saving ten for each second title.

the people asking if they can buy a 20 dollar game and get 50 percent of a 60 dollar game obviously aren't too smart. it's so obvious what the answer will be....

Had to fight to get the promo on Lego Batman and Untold Legends. Which was ironic since when I was grabbing the games the guy working in the PS3 section was all excited about the sale and telling everyone. At checkout, the clerk (who sounded and looked like Swine Flu Patient 0 which made this transaction even more fantastic) first told me there was no B1-G1 50% off. Then he said the prices must have already been applied. Then when I grabbed a copy of the circular he sat there and read it, and every piece of fine print on the ad, then had to find the date... it's like, get me away from your germs!! I nearly told him to forget it but all of a sudden I think he got sick of me and just manually overrode to give me 50% off one of the games.

Of course as much as I want Lego Batman I dunno if it was worth getting Untold Legends with it so I may return the games..

[quote name='Justin42']Had to fight to get the promo on Lego Batman and Untold Legends. Which was ironic since when I was grabbing the games the guy working in the PS3 section was all excited about the sale and telling everyone. At checkout, the clerk (who sounded and looked like Swine Flu Patient 0 which made this transaction even more fantastic) first told me there was no B1-G1 50% off. Then he said the prices must have already been applied. Then when I grabbed a copy of the circular he sat there and read it, and every piece of fine print on the ad, then had to find the date... it's like, get me away from your germs!! I nearly told him to forget it but all of a sudden I think he got sick of me and just manually overrode to give me 50% off one of the games.

Of course as much as I want Lego Batman I dunno if it was worth getting Untold Legends with it so I may return the games..[/QUOTE]

What the hell? I don't even understand this. SCAN IT WITH THE COMPUTER! If the computer takes it, fine, you're done . If it doesn't, and the customer insists it's real, tell a manager.

What part of that involves them carefully scrutinizing the wording of the ad? That's insane.

Picked up a couple of Uncharted's for me and a friend. Came out to about 2 bucks for me with RZ certificate. Hope this game is worth it.

Uncharted is not shipping and is completely out of stock at all the 6 BB's near me. Does anybody know on what day's a BB would restock?

I don't know what to do. I am out of new games and have no internet, so I am playing games for achievements/trophies (Gears of War 2 all collectibles and Killzone 2 eliete difficulty). I want to jump on Dirt 2 and Batman, but there are so many great games coming out this holiday season that I want to save my money for. ODST, L4D2, Uncharted 2, Forza 3, MW2, GT5 (perhaps), AC2. Maybe I will just ride off $10 deals until November.

bread's done
Back