►Best Buy Deals: Select Games w/$10 in Rewards & Other BB Deals!

stryker

CAGiversary!
Please See WikiPost!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Buy Deals

New Releases: This Week
Current Deals: On Sale Now
Pre-Order Program: Select Games / FAQ

In-Store Events: When & Where
Missing Game Codes?: Read This
Customer Service: Chat or Call (1-888-237-8289)
Store Pickup: How It Works
Price Match Guarantee: FAQ
Trade-In: Get Estimates

▼ Read Me! FAQ ▼ Pre-Order $10 Program
Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a
qualifying game and get multiple awards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy
member per game title.
What if I pre-ordered a qualifying game before I
saw this offer?
If you pre-ordered a qualifying game before seeing
this offer, you’ll still qualify for the offer as long as
your member ID is attached to the transaction.
When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My
Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates)
credited to your account approximately 15–20 days
after street date or store pickup.
If I pre-order a game now using my GCU and the
game releases after my membership ends, will
I still get the 20% off discount?
- From BestBuy Support Forums (link):
For in-store pre-orders, I can definitively say that if
your GCU membership is expired when you
complete your pickup, you will not receive the 20%
discount. This is because in-store pre-orders are not
processed until the time of pickup, and we only
collect an up-front deposit.

Pre-orders made on BestBuy.com are not as cut and
dry as in-store, but it is possible to retain your GCU
discount on a title released after your membership
expires for these types of pre-orders. Reason being,
when you place your pre-order the GCU discount is
calculated up front, and we then pre-authorize the
discounted total with your bank. If all goes well, the
discount can be retained upon release, however,
there is no guarantee.

A sure way to lose the discount on BestBuy.com
pre-orders is if any modifications are made to the
order prior to release, but after your membership
has expired. These modifications could be updating
the billing address, changing the form of payment,
and others. This is because when a modification is
made it triggers another authorization on your form of
payment, which should recalculate the price if your
GCU membership is no longer active.
►Previous Years (2013-2019)

►$10 (Rewards) w/Pre-Order
title / release date / publisher
Far Cry 5 03/27 (Ubisoft)
Madden NFL 19 08/07 (EA)
Shadow Tomb Raider 09/14 (Square Enix)
FIFA 19 09/25 (EA)
Assassin's Creed Odyssey 10/05 (Ubisoft)
Call of Duty: BO4 10/12 (Activision)
Battlefield V 10/16 (EA)
Fallout 76 11/14 (Bethesda)
Just Cause 4 12/04 (Square Enix)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 12/07 (Nintendo)

$10 (eGift Card) w/Pre-Order
Monster Energy Supercross 02/13 (Milestone)
Metal Gear Survive 02/20 (Konami)
Extinction 04/10 (Maximum Games)
Vampyr 06/05 (Focus Home Interactive)
Super Bomberman R SE 06/12 (Konami)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 08/28 (Konami)
Warriors Orochi 4 10/16 (Koei Tecmo)
Call of Cthulhu 10/30 (Maximum Games)
Farming Simulator 19 11/20 (Maximum Games)
My Riding Staples 11/23 (Kalypso)
Project Highrise 11/23 (Kalypso)
title / release date / publisher / date added to promo
Madden NFL 18 - 08/22 (EA) 05/12
Destiny 2 - 09/06 (Activision) 04/12
NBA 2K18 - 09/15 (2K) 5/14
FIFA 18 - 09/26 (EA) 06/07
Middle-earth: SoW - 10/10 (WB Games) 05/07
South Park: TFBW - 10/17 (Ubisoft) 06/02
Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27 (Ubisoft) 06/11
Super Mario Odyssey - 10/27 (Nintendo) 06/13
Call of Duty: WWII - 11/03 (Activision) 04/26
Star Wars: Battlefront II - 11/14 (EA) 04/14

$10 (eGift Card) w/Pre-Order
title / release date / publisher / date added to promo
Portal Knights: GTE - 05/23 (505 Games) 04/30
Samuari Warriors: SoS - 05/23 (Koei Techmo) 05/12
Agents of Mayhem - 08/15 (Deep Silver) 07/04
Warrior All-Stars - 08/29 (Koei Tecmo) 07/29
PES 2018: Pro Evo Soccer - 09/12 (Konami) 07/29
The Division - 03/08 (Ubisoft)
Battleborn - 05/03 (2K)
Doom - 05/13 (Bethesda)
Overwatch - 05/23 (Blizzard)
Lego Star Wars - 06/28 (WB)
Madden 17 - 08/23 (EA)
Attack on Titan  - 08/30 (Koei Tecmo)
FIFA 17 - 09/27 (EA)
NBA 2k17 - 09/20 (2K)
Mafia 3 - 10/07 (2K)
Battlefield 1 - 10/21 (EA)
Gears of War 4 - 10/11 (Microsoft)
Titanfall 2 - 10/28 (EA)
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - 11/04 (Activision)
Final Fantasy XV - 11/29 (Square Enix)
Dying Light - 01/27 (WB Games)
Battlefield: Hardline - 03/17 (EA)
Mortal Kombat X - 04/14 (WB Games)
Batman: Arkham Knight - 06/23 (WB Games)
Madden 16 - 08/25 (EA)
Witcher 3 - 05/19 (CD Project Red)
Gears of War: UE - 08/25 (Microsoft)
Disney Infinity 3.0 - 08/30 (Disney)
Mad Max - 09/01 (WB Games)
Metal Gear Solid: TPP - 09/01 (Konami)
Forza Motorsport 6 - 09/15 (Microsoft)
FIFA 16 - 09/22 (EA)
NBA 2K16 - 09/25 (2K)
Guitar Hero Live - 10/20 (Activision)
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - 10/23 (Ubisoft)
Halo 5: Guardians - 10/27 (Microsoft)
Evolve - 02/10 (2K)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - 11/06 (Activision)
Fallout 4 - 11/10 (Bethesda)
Rise of the Tomb Raider - 11/10 (Microsoft)
Star Wars Battlefront - 11/17 (EA)
Rainbow Six Siege - 12/01 (Ubisoft)
South Park: Stick of Truth - 03/04 (Ubisoft)
Madden 15 - 08/26 (EA)
The Sims 4 - 09/02 (EA)
Destiny - 09/09 (Activision)
FIFA 15 - 09/23 (EA)
Sunset Overdrive - 10/28 (Microsoft)
COD: Advanced Warfare - 11/03 (Activision)
Assassin's Creed: Unity - 11/11 (Ubisoft)
Halo: Master Chief Collection - 11/11 (Microsoft)
Far Cry 4 - 11/18 (Ubisoft)
Grand Theft Auto 5 - 11/18 (Rockstar)
Battlefield 4 - 11/12 (EA)
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag - 11/19 (Ubisoft)
Splinter Cell: Black List - 08/20 (Ubisoft)
Watch Dogs - 11/15 (Ubisoft)
Madden NFL 25 - 11/19 (EA)
FIFA 14 - 11/19 (EA)
NBA 2K14 - 11/19 (2K)
Batman: Arkham Origins - 10/25 (WB Games)
COD: Ghosts - 11/19 (Activision)
►END

Last edited by a moderator:
There's gotta be some logistical reason why they are shipping it at the last minute based on where you are but they aren't changing their factors when it doesn't get there on time.
Floriduh, have you tried calling customer service and asking them to change their shipping algorithms for you?

Friendly reminder to all that ordered GOW from Best Buy with the Visa Checkout promo in Nov. 2016. If you updated your credit card the discount was likely removed. You’ll have to chat with customer service to get this $25 back or $12 per title if you ordered two games. 😀

Friendly reminder to all that ordered GOW from Best Buy with the Visa Checkout promo in Nov. 2016. If you updated your credit card the discount was likely removed. You’ll have to chat with customer service to get this $25 back or $12 per title if you ordered two games. [emoji3]
yeah visa checkout has no promos anymore lately . sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When do you get certs?

I have an exclusive reward to get $10 cert if i spend $25 before 5/20. I pre-ordered Smash yesterday, so I should be getting $20 certs, but i didn't. do you think pre-orders might not count for the 5/20 thing?

When do you get certs?

I have an exclusive reward to get $10 cert if i spend $25 before 5/20. I pre-ordered Smash yesterday, so I should be getting $20 certs, but i didn't. do you think pre-orders might not count for the 5/20 thing?
You get the certificates when your item(s) ship and your payment method is charged.

Is Vampyr supposed to be any good? Looks pretty good.
I don't think we'll know till it gets close to release but yeah looking pretty good. I remember in 2014/2015 people were pretty hyped for The Order too. So hard to tell which way these things will go. But it looks like a mix of Witcher 3, Bloodborne, and Vampire the Masquerade so the formula seems pretty strong. Not to mention the devs made Life is Strange - but that had no action combat, so we'll see if they can create a strong combat system.

Anybody else have to reset their password every time they try to log in to Best Buy's site? I also had to get a verification code via email before I could even checkout for my Detroit: Become Human pre-order. 

Anybody else have to reset their password every time they try to log in to Best Buy's site? I also had to get a verification code via email before I could even checkout for my Detroit: Become Human pre-order.
No, but when I log on, it sits there and says "signing in" for like 2 minutes before it starts to load every single time.

yes, a couple days ago, same thing was happening for me.

I've had the BB site tell my my password was wrong but I just try again and it works. No need to change it every time you visit.

I have to do that verification thing almost every single time I order. Been that way for months. I changed my password a couple times to see if it would help but it did not.

Rumor is there's some multiplayer aspect to Fallout this time; possibly competing with Borderlands for co-op? Either way, waiting for the full reveal in case there's a steelbook version.

My GCU  runs out in July.  :( If I preorder games now like Smash Bros, will it charge the lower $47 price when it ships, after my GCU runs out? Someone told me it will and another told me it only will if you pay with paypal but not with just my debit card.

My GCU runs out in July. :( If I preorder games now like Smash Bros, will it charge the lower $47 price when it ships, after my GCU runs out? Someone told me it will and another told me it only will if you pay with paypal but not with just my debit card.
if your gcu expires after the release date, you will get charged full price of the game.

My GCU runs out in July. :( If I preorder games now like Smash Bros, will it charge the lower $47 price when it ships, after my GCU runs out? Someone told me it will and another told me it only will if you pay with paypal but not with just my debit card.
If you pre-order in store: You will be charged full price, since price is calculated at time of pickup.

If you pre-order online: You should get the lower price, since the price is calculated at the time the order is created. Just make sure your order doesn't get cancelled by an expired credit card or something.

I say "should" because this is how "online preorder where my GCU expires before the game comes out" has worked for the past 4 (or more) years, but the future is uncertain.

Just Cause 4 added to promo!  See OP for details.

Official Reveal Trailer - E3 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfek7Kcq16g

And people keep thinking this promo is dead. :lol:
This promo is great stacked with GCU. Once GCU is gone, it will still be ok if you already planned on getting a physical game on release day regardless, but not enticing enough for any games that you can wait a month or so for $40 or 6 months for even less.

Also, the reward cert value is somewhat negated by the immediate 5% off redcard at target (and pre order giftcard for AAA games) as well as digital discounts like the psn 20% codes, nintendo 5% in gold coins (or double like Aces) stacked with no tax zipcode.

I hope they change it to $20 in reward certs, though realistically I suspect that they are planning to move away from stocking physical games beyond guaranteed movers like CoD, Madden, Mario, etc.

Without GCU is going to plain suck regardless, especially on CEs. BB has been a godsend for these last years of GCU and I'll certainly have to curtail my game buying at launch once it's gone. Used to be safe to buy a game early on since a month or two after release would only end up being roughly the same price you paid at launch. Gotta say it will be weird paying full price again since it has been so long. . .

I'm trying to pre-order as much as I can on my GCU before it runs out. If my GCU dies before a game is released, but I pre-ordered before my GCU expired I'm good, right?

Without GCU is going to plain suck regardless, especially on CEs. BB has been a godsend for these last years of GCU and I'll certainly have to curtail my game buying at launch once it's gone. Used to be safe to buy a game early on since a month or two after release would only end up being roughly the same price you paid at launch. Gotta say it will be weird paying full price again since it has been so long. . .
Look at the bright side, 1) you are a cag so you will not pay full price unless price is irrelevant 2) you will spend less money and finish more games 3) once you have passed the release week zeitgeist then you may reconsider how much a game is really worth to you and furthermore open the door to waiting for “complete” versions instead of vanilla which saves even more money.

Look at the bright side, 1) you are a cag so you will not pay full price unless price is irrelevant 2) you will spend less money and finish more games 3) once you have passed the release week zeitgeist then you may reconsider how much a game is really worth to you and furthermore open the door to waiting for “complete” versions instead of vanilla which saves even more money.
All true. BB is the reason I ever started to have a backlog. Before I was on top of it and almost never had games waiting years to be played. GG.

Pre ordered Vampyr and the store in my town says out of stock. How the hell? Anyone ever have this problem with BB?
I preordered Elder Scrolls Online Summerset, was supposed to come with a pre-order bonus code.

3 weeks after release and Best Buy has now sent me a completely blank email with no code, then told me to wait 24-48 more hours and check my spam folder, then told me to sign up for an account on their support forums and message their Gaming-BBY inbox, which then ignored my first message for assistance. Sent a second message attempt a week later, they told me they ran out of pre-order codes and just to wait. I pre-ordered the game in March. Their customer service blows hard.

I preordered Elder Scrolls Online Summerset, was supposed to come with a pre-order bonus code.

3 weeks after release and Best Buy has now sent me a completely blank email with no code, then told me to wait 24-48 more hours and check my spam folder, then told me to sign up for an account on their support forums and message their Gaming-BBY inbox, which then ignored my first message for assistance. Sent a second message attempt a week later, they told me they ran out of pre-order codes and just to wait. I pre-ordered the game in March. Their customer service blows hard.
Agreed. They have let their automated system get out of control and it's a 50/50 shot of getting your code when something releases on time these days. I've had to go after them a few times and I've also had codes sent to me for games I canceled. It's a mess and their only recourse is to manually send them on a case by case basis, which is such a waste of time and resources.

bread's done
Back