Best Buy Exclusive: Disney Collectible Cases METAL BOX - Wave #3

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Best Buy Exclusive: Disney Collectible Cases - Wave #3

Confirmed
Lion King (3D) - 10/4 (Street Date: 9/4-10/3)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (3D) - 10/18 (Street Date: 10/2-10/17)
Cars 2 (3D) - 11/1 (Street Date: 10/1-10/31)

Link

Update #1

Future Shop Exclusive

The Lion King (3D Blu-ray Combo) - 10/4

Bambi (Blu-ray Combo) - 10/11

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (3D Blu-ray Combo) - 10/18

The Incredibles (Blu-ray Combo) - 10/25

Cars 2 (3D Blu-ray Combo Pack) - 11/1

Update #2

Hot off the Press, you asked for more images of Disney Collectible Packaging here it is!

If you haven't read the entire message on Disney Collectable Packaging available at Future Shop this fall, please take the time to read the link below to another post on this subject. Based on initial demand over the last few days, it is possible we might sell out before release date! Pre-order now and don't be disappointed. Unlike some websites Futureshop.ca DOES NOT not charge your credit card for preorders UNTIL product is shipped to you. So preorder them all now, reserve your copy and pay when these finally release!

View the original post for these Disney Collectibles - http://$$$$$$$/ngQumW

First Update is Bambi - Confirmed North American Exclusive to Future Shop!

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bambi Combo. 2 Discs (Bluray, DVD) Update from Disney no Digital Copy as originally communicated.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 11th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Preorder NOW[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/q8TKbU[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/q8TKbU[/FONT]

original

original

Second Update is Bambi - North American Exclusive to Future Shop!
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Incredibles Combo. 3 Disc (Bluray, DVD and Digital Copy)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 25th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/mUASRC[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/oJMaM4[/FONT]

original

original

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Pirates: On Stranger Tides 3D Combo. 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy. Digital Copy will be included in a paper sleeve.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 18th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/qu0wWn[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/patAET[/FONT]

original

original

Update #3

Hot off the press from MORE confirmations from Disney!

The collectible packaging SKUs are the same height and width as a standard BD amaray but have a bit more depth due to the number of discs and collectible packaging

Yes our Customers can use the coupons on the collectible SKUs. Lion King is an $8 dollar coupon. Cars 2 and Pirates 4 are a $5 coupon. Please remember that these coupons can only be redeemed in store.

They are not Steelbooks or Ironpacks.

Please see below for the contents of each SKU *Disney has updated & changed*

• Cars 2 – 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy
  • Pirates 4 – 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy
  • The Lion King – 4-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, DVD and Digital Copy
  • The Incredibles – 3-disc - BD, DVD and Digital Copy
  • Bambi – 2-disc - BD and DVD
The digital copy will be included in a paper sleeve on all SKUs where it is available.

The Incredibles and Bambi are a North American exclusive for Future Shop!

Update # 4

New name for those metal cases is called a METAL BOX from VIVA.

Update: #5

These are G2 Sized.

Update: #6

Change date for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the Cars 2 one in-store yesterday.. I want the Lion King, Pirates and Incredibles.. but if they're not blu-ray sized, gtfo. I'm assuming they are. I don't even care that it's $7 for a case, these are beautiful and I will use them to replace my normal cases.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I'm working on the GB thing for Bambi & The Incredibles.[/QUOTE]

Count me in for Bambi!

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']I have them all so far, gotta keep it going.[/QUOTE]

I had them all too until they stopped. I've been waiting impatiently since they stopped releasing iron/steelbook versions of animated features (last one was Beauty and the Beast, just before Fantasia).

Any chance they're going to go back and release steelbooks for Fantasia, Dumbo, and Fox and Hound like they're doing with Bambi? Any other classic non-Pixar animated features I'm forgetting since they stopped with North American steelbooks?

[quote name='Gamelore']I had them all too until they stopped. I've been waiting impatiently since they stopped releasing iron/steelbook versions of animated features (last one was Beauty and the Beast, just before Fantasia).

Any chance they're going to go back and release steelbooks for Fantasia, Dumbo, and Fox and Hound like they're doing with Bambi? Any other classic non-Pixar animated features I'm forgetting since they stopped with North American steelbooks?[/QUOTE]
Next year for Wave #4.

So far we have Cars 2, TLK, Pirates 4, Bambi, and Incredible. Hopefully, they'll add at least 2+ post-release (from Future Shop) and any new release for oct-dec (from Best Buy).

Man, I scored on Saturday. For some reason, the Cars 2 "tins" dropped to 0.01. They were stacked in the game trade in area as I was trading. They didn't have any more cases other than these. This was the Sunnyvale store and I took the 3 they had.

[quote name='bob330i']Man, I scored on Saturday. For some reason, the Cars 2 "tins" dropped to 0.01. They were stacked in the game trade in area as I was trading. They didn't have any more cases other than these. This was the Sunnyvale store and I took the 3 they had.[/QUOTE]
Then you grabbed the Cars 2 video game steelbook that was received with a preorder of the Wii version of the game.

[quote name='Finch106']Then you grabbed the Cars 2 video game steelbook that was received with a preorder of the Wii version of the game.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Still some nice cases.

[quote name='bob330i']Ah, thanks for the clarification. Still some nice cases.[/QUOTE]

They were definitely a good grab at $.01

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I'm working on the GB thing for Bambi & The Incredibles.[/QUOTE]
I would be willing to most likely join in on this. I'm not familiar with pricing on these non-pre sell ones. Do you mind explaining it on here so me and others that are new can get a ideal?

[quote name='Finch106']Real quick, are we to assume these cases are for bluray even though they say DVD?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Scorch']I saw the Cars 2 one in-store yesterday.. I want the Lion King, Pirates and Incredibles.. but if they're not blu-ray sized, gtfo. I'm assuming they are. I don't even care that it's $7 for a case, these are beautiful and I will use them to replace my normal cases.[/QUOTE]

Lion King is G2 (bluray size) so i would assume all would be too.

Defiantly going to get the lion king one, gonna be nice next to my UP and Monsters Inc ones, my BB still has most of the disney tins i just don't care about them that much, just on the movies i really love.

still waiting on finding nemo blu-ray disney.. WHERE THE EFF IS IT?!?!!?

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']I would be willing to most likely join in on this. I'm not familiar with pricing on these non-pre sell ones. Do you mind explaining it on here so me and others that are new can get a ideal?[/QUOTE]
My website explains it all.

Still no lion king preorder in store for my store yet someone said 1 month before release is when they put them out so should be out today.

[quote name='Zodiac080704']I see in the list that the Lion King street date is 9/4-10/3, anyone find them in store yet?[/QUOTE]

My store had a rack of them out today.

I picked up 2, one for opening and another for keeping sealed. There were a ton of them and I had my choosing of the best ones. Although the one I did open had a very tiny scratch on the back which I didn't see because of the card board.

When is the Pirates one supposed to be available?

[quote name='Bankotsu']Did they use a different metal from the Beauty and The Beast one? The Lion King one feels cheap compared to the BatB one.[/QUOTE]
Yes, they use a different metal. Same material as Metalpak but this is the new metal cases aka Metal Box.

[quote name='koji126']I picked up 2, one for opening and another for keeping sealed. There were a ton of them and I had my choosing of the best ones. Although the one I did open had a very tiny scratch on the back which I didn't see because of the card board.

When is the Pirates one supposed to be available?[/QUOTE]
9/18

So I got my case yesterday, how long do I have to wait to cancel and keep case for free? I'm interested in the trilogy, not just lion king.

[quote name='Zodiac080704']So I got my case yesterday, how long do I have to wait to cancel and keep case for free? I'm interested in the trilogy, not just lion king.[/QUOTE]Look at the back of the package, it'll tell you.

It's normally 2 weeks from after the release date, so I believe it's 10/18/11 that is the last day you have to pick up the "pre-ordered" copy of the movie. After that, it's returnable for full credit.

Check the back of the package, it spells it all out.

[quote name='shrike4242']Look at the back of the package, it'll tell you.

It's normally 2 weeks from after the release date, so I believe it's 10/18/11 that is the last day you have to pick up the "pre-ordered" copy of the movie. After that, it's returnable for full credit.

Check the back of the package, it spells it all out.[/QUOTE]

Ok thats what I thought, I just wanted to be certain. Thanks a lot.

Do you guys know if they will be doing the Pirates case in stores like they are doing with the Lion King cases right now? I asked at BB but they could not tell me.

[quote name='Zodiac080704']Ok thats what I thought, I just wanted to be certain. Thanks a lot.[/QUOTE]It's always been the same process with all of the metal packages they do as pre-sells, and they always have all the terms & conditions spelled out on the back of the package.

[quote name='Ghugrim']Do you guys know if they will be doing the Pirates case in stores like they are doing with the Lion King cases right now? I asked at BB but they could not tell me.[/QUOTE]I can't see why they wouldn't be, as if they show up on BB.com as a "presell" item, then they'll be done the same was as the Lion King one here.

[quote name='Ghugrim']Do you guys know if they will be doing the Pirates case in stores like they are doing with the Lion King cases right now? I asked at BB but they could not tell me.[/QUOTE]

Yes they will. The street date for the pre sale is 9/18-10/17 and the movie comes out 10/18. So you will have a whole month get the MetalBox before the movie comes out because there won't be anymore after the movie is released. Just left overs if you're lucky to find any.

Just wondering I Ordered the Pre order case online for lion king but I know it's available now at bestbuy.... Am I safe just waiting till bestbuy.com saids pick up or it's better to get it now?? Yes I can wait I just wanna make sure that I have a granted copy no matter what

[quote name='ray2dee']Just wondering I Ordered the Pre order case online for lion king but I know it's available now at bestbuy.... Am I safe just waiting till bestbuy.com saids pick up or it's better to get it now?? Yes I can wait I just wanna make sure that I have a granted copy no matter what[/QUOTE]

When you ordered it, did you order it to be picked up at a store or you having it shipped to you?? If you got store pick up, it usually takes a while for them to get back to you to pick it up. You can't just print the reciept and go to the store and have then get for you.

going to pick up ion king tomorrow but im still mad about the G2 size.
The rest of the pirates movies were G1 right? (I dont have mine in front of me)

[quote name='seether254']going to pick up ion king tomorrow but im still mad about the G2 size.
The rest of the pirates movies were G1 right? (I dont have mine in front of me)[/QUOTE]
The Lion King are G2 sized. I have all of the Pirates movies and they are G2 sized.

[quote name='KidSqueek']When you ordered it, did you order it to be picked up at a store or you having it shipped to you?? If you got store pick up, it usually takes a while for them to get back to you to pick it up. You can't just print the reciept and go to the store and have then get for you.[/QUOTE]

Thank you soo much this really helps never even thought about it

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']The Lion King are G2 sized. I have all of the Pirates movies and they are G2 sized.[/QUOTE]

oh ok thanks. I also bought the UK Pirates 4 steelbook, so i hope thats G2 as well.

bread's done
Back