Best Buy Exclusive: Disney Collectible Cases METAL BOX - Wave #3

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Best Buy Exclusive: Disney Collectible Cases - Wave #3

Confirmed
Lion King (3D) - 10/4 (Street Date: 9/4-10/3)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (3D) - 10/18 (Street Date: 10/2-10/17)
Cars 2 (3D) - 11/1 (Street Date: 10/1-10/31)

Link

Update #1

Future Shop Exclusive

The Lion King (3D Blu-ray Combo) - 10/4

Bambi (Blu-ray Combo) - 10/11

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (3D Blu-ray Combo) - 10/18

The Incredibles (Blu-ray Combo) - 10/25

Cars 2 (3D Blu-ray Combo Pack) - 11/1

Update #2

Hot off the Press, you asked for more images of Disney Collectible Packaging here it is!

If you haven't read the entire message on Disney Collectable Packaging available at Future Shop this fall, please take the time to read the link below to another post on this subject. Based on initial demand over the last few days, it is possible we might sell out before release date! Pre-order now and don't be disappointed. Unlike some websites Futureshop.ca DOES NOT not charge your credit card for preorders UNTIL product is shipped to you. So preorder them all now, reserve your copy and pay when these finally release!

View the original post for these Disney Collectibles - http://$$$$$$$/ngQumW

First Update is Bambi - Confirmed North American Exclusive to Future Shop!

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bambi Combo. 2 Discs (Bluray, DVD) Update from Disney no Digital Copy as originally communicated.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 11th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Preorder NOW[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/q8TKbU[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/q8TKbU[/FONT]

original

original

Second Update is Bambi - North American Exclusive to Future Shop!
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Incredibles Combo. 3 Disc (Bluray, DVD and Digital Copy)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 25th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/mUASRC[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/oJMaM4[/FONT]

original

original

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Pirates: On Stranger Tides 3D Combo. 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy. Digital Copy will be included in a paper sleeve.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 18th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/qu0wWn[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/patAET[/FONT]

original

original

Update #3

Hot off the press from MORE confirmations from Disney!

The collectible packaging SKUs are the same height and width as a standard BD amaray but have a bit more depth due to the number of discs and collectible packaging

Yes our Customers can use the coupons on the collectible SKUs. Lion King is an $8 dollar coupon. Cars 2 and Pirates 4 are a $5 coupon. Please remember that these coupons can only be redeemed in store.

They are not Steelbooks or Ironpacks.

Please see below for the contents of each SKU *Disney has updated & changed*

• Cars 2 – 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy
  • Pirates 4 – 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy
  • The Lion King – 4-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, DVD and Digital Copy
  • The Incredibles – 3-disc - BD, DVD and Digital Copy
  • Bambi – 2-disc - BD and DVD
The digital copy will be included in a paper sleeve on all SKUs where it is available.

The Incredibles and Bambi are a North American exclusive for Future Shop!

Update # 4

New name for those metal cases is called a METAL BOX from VIVA.

Update: #5

These are G2 Sized.

Update: #6

Change date for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these metal cases for dvds or blu-ray? I don't know anything about these disney metal case but Lion King is worth getting.

[quote name='Vash1306']Are these metal cases for dvds or blu-ray? I don't know anything about these disney metal case but Lion King is worth getting.[/QUOTE]
Blu-ray+DVD+DC. Has 3 disc holder in that metal cases.

[quote name='ssjmichael']damn that Korean version is tempting[/QUOTE]
Order now and discuss later because K2DVD sold out of those from yesterday. YesAsia won't charge our orders until it ship.

Went to my BB for the Lion King one for my wife. They had a good 15 on the floor. Asked if they had anymore of the Cars 2 one, the guy said they marked it down to a penny and some guy bought all 20 they had.

Ugh, my blood boils for douches like that.

Thanks for the heads up OP. Didn't know about this. Probably pick up PotC too.

[quote name='Los 33x']Went to my BB for the Lion King one for my wife. They had a good 15 on the floor. Asked if they had anymore of the Cars 2 one, the guy said they marked it down to a penny and some guy bought all 20 they had.

Thanks for the heads up OP. Didn't know about this. Probably pick up PotC too.[/QUOTE]

If they were a penny how many would you get? I don't consider myself a hoarder but I'd definitely be in for 5 of those for a nickel. I'd be surprised if you only got one

[quote name='ssjmichael']If they were a penny how many would you get? I don't consider myself a hoarder but I'd definitely be in for 5 of those for a nickel. I'd be surprised if you only got one[/QUOTE]

Haha, you'd be surprised indeed. I hate having to resell stuff, I always seem to not have any luck doing so (i know, I'm doing it wrong). Honestly, the most I would have picked up is 2. I don't like cleaning out shelves of good deals, I feel bad for the next guy. I'll take the last 1, but 1 (or 2 if it was a penny) is all I'd take.

[quote name='Los 33x']Asked if they had anymore of the Cars 2 one, the guy said they marked it down to a penny and some guy bought all 20 they had.

[/QUOTE]

not gonna lie that douche was me! :D

[quote name='seether254']I...Uh...sold them all. Yeah that's right uh huh. 8-[[/QUOTE]

You sold a bunch of DVD sized Wii game cases. You did swell.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Blu-ray+DVD+DC. Has 3 disc holder in that metal cases.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know why the Lion king case has room for only 3 discs when there isn't a 3 disc version? I only see a 2 disc (blu/DVD) and a 4 disc (3d/blu/dvd/DC)

[quote name='whoasaywhat']Does anyone know why the Lion king case has room for only 3 discs when there isn't a 3 disc version? I only see a 2 disc (blu/DVD) and a 4 disc (3d/blu/dvd/DC)[/QUOTE]
DC isn't necessary. Suppose to be 2-Disc version (BD/DVD). So the extra 3rd disc would be either 3D or DC of your choice.

[quote name='whoasaywhat']Does anyone know why the Lion king case has room for only 3 discs when there isn't a 3 disc version? I only see a 2 disc (blu/DVD) and a 4 disc (3d/blu/dvd/DC)[/QUOTE]

The past cases only had 2 spots whether they were 3 disks or 2. The digital copy was in a paper sliver that fit under the booklet clamps under the cover.

[quote name='Finch106']You sold a bunch of DVD sized Wii game cases. You did swell.[/QUOTE]

sarcasm is man's new best friend.:roll:

[quote name='seether254']sarcasm is man's new best friend.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I'm well aware of sarcasm. The "not gonna lie..." post ruined your attempt at being sarcastic.

[quote name='Finch106']I'm well aware of sarcasm. The "not gonna lie..." post ruined your attempt at being sarcastic.[/QUOTE]

thought you were but i was just making sure. :D

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Enough both of you.[/QUOTE]

what, what? just a little friendly banter. On another note does bb usually put the metal cases out on sunday, or is it YMMV?

[quote name='seether254']what, what? just a little friendly banter. On another note does bb usually put the metal cases out on sunday, or is it YMMV?[/QUOTE]
I was able to pick up the Lion King one on Monday, I'm not sure when it was put out.
About the Fast Five I noticed that they had a pre-order dvd/slip that came with a guide to all the cars DVD. If this is gonna be like Salt where it's limited I would suggest doing a pre-order to secure a copy.

[quote name='seether254']love that Korean version but 52 is too rich for my blood.[/QUOTE]

The US version is not any better, $40 + tax :whistle2:( I'm torn between the Korean version and BB pre-order case version. The price difference is about $8... I'm not a monoglot, so extra language tracks are welcome.

Question:

The BB pre-order cases are the size of BD or DVD? The BB web pages labeled them as DVD... I haven't see those in my local BB stores at all.

[quote name='Serpentor']Question:

The BB pre-order cases are the size of BD or DVD? The BB web pages labeled them as DVD... I haven't see those in my local BB stores at all.[/QUOTE]
The one's I got were all BD size.

Cool, thanks, I'll try again. The three cases are all available on BB site, I figure I save myself a trip, but I don't want to end up with DVD sized steelbook cases.

[quote name='Serpentor']The US version is not any better, $40 + tax :whistle2:( I'm torn between the Korean version and BB pre-order case version. The price difference is about $8... I'm not a monoglot, so extra language tracks are welcome.[/QUOTE]

No the difference is that the Korean version is $52 and the amperican version is free. I just buy the case and then cancel my preorder getting the case for free.

went to local best buy just now - they knew nothing about them (of course unless they're out on the shelf, they typically don't know much about the products they sell!)

Question about the Lion Kin IronPacks....as we know, they've been on the endcaps at most stores for nearly the entire month.

My store is pretty much sold out, minus one or two last I checked.

Did BB really advertise the case for the first time in their circular for this week when it may not even be available everywhere (due to being sold out), or are they getting more in?

If it's the former, epic fail by BB lol

Might try and check out BB today for the collectable case, though I hate to be locked in to purchasing the Blu from there if it turns out to be cheaper somewhere else. Oh well, I suppose I can price match.

On a side note, what do people normally do with the regular Blu cases? I have the collectable cases for both Toy Story 3 and Up and while they look great, I usually keep them on the shelf next to the normal case and it looks weird to have two copies of the same movie. I wish the collectable cases could somehow house the regular case.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Might try and check out BB today for the collectable case, though I hate to be locked in to purchasing the Blu from there if it turns out to be cheaper somewhere else. Oh well, I suppose I can price match.

On a side note, what do people normally do with the regular Blu cases? I have the collectable cases for both Toy Story 3 and Up and while they look great, I usually keep them on the shelf next to the normal case and it looks weird to have two copies of the same movie. I wish the collectable cases could somehow house the regular case.[/QUOTE]There's always a need for spare BD cases, especially multi-disc ones.

[quote name='seether254']No the difference is that the Korean version is $52 and the amperican version is free. I just buy the case and then cancel my preorder getting the case for free.[/QUOTE]

You make it sounds like the $52 Korean version is only an empty case. I don't approve your "free" case logic, but if you're getting the actual movie, the US version is $40 + tax, the Korean version is $52 shipped. The difference is about $10-$15. So the question is, for $10-$15 more, is the Korean version more attractive? IMO, the answer is yes.

Even if you cancel the BB preorder, the Lion King US version is not 40 + tax anywhere when all costs are added.

[quote name='Serpentor']You make it sounds like the $52 Korean version is only an empty case. I don't approve your "free" case logic, but if you're getting the actual movie, the US version is $40 + tax, the Korean version is $52 shipped. The difference is about $10-$15. So the question is, for $10-$15 more, is the Korean version more attractive? IMO, the answer is yes.[/QUOTE]

since i can see that you need a little help understanding here ya go: I ordered the 4 disc 3D lion king from amazon for $29.99 minus the "clip coupon" thing so i got it for $21.99. I bought the BB empty case for 7.99 so like $8.50 with tax. total: $30.49 and thats if i dont go get my money back at bb by canceling my pre order. so lets take a look $52.99 for the Korean version VS 30.49 for what i did. yeah the korean version is more attractive but is it twenty two dollars more attractive? I think no.

[quote name='seether254']since i can see that you need a little help understanding here ya go: I ordered the 4 disc 3D lion king from amazon for $29.99 minus the "clip coupon" thing so i got it for $21.99. I bought the BB empty case for 7.99 so like $8.50 with tax. total: $30.49 and thats if i dont go get my money back at bb by canceling my pre order. so lets take a look $52.99 for the Korean version VS 30.49 for what i did. yeah the korean version is more attractive but is it twenty two dollars more attractive? I think no.[/QUOTE]

preach

[quote name='seether254']since i can see that you need a little help understanding here ya go: I ordered the 4 disc 3D lion king from amazon for $29.99 minus the "clip coupon" thing so i got it for $21.99. I bought the BB empty case for 7.99 so like $8.50 with tax. total: $30.49 and thats if i dont go get my money back at bb by canceling my pre order. so lets take a look $52.99 for the Korean version VS 30.49 for what i did. yeah the korean version is more attractive but is it twenty two dollars more attractive? I think no.[/QUOTE]

$22 for Lion King 3D edition is not bad at all, didn't know about that deal, good for you. To some people even $20 more is still good deal for the Korean version considering it's a limited print. Anyway, pre-ordering from Yes-Asia does not guarantee you a copy, I remember I got a cancelled pre-order from one of the popular Final Fantasy gaspons.

I still haven't found the PotC pre order case. I'm taking it that the original post that shows the date as 9/18 is wrong. Anyone found it yet?

The PoTc case was not out this Sunday for me and they had no clue what I was talking about when I asked about them. I am hoping maybe this coming Sunday I see some out.

Well this week ads was the first time they mentioned the Lion King metalbook. Id imagine they will do something similar for POTC after the stores get them in stock.

[quote name='Serpentor']$22 for Lion King 3D edition is not bad at all, didn't know about that deal, good for you. To some people even $20 more is still good deal for the Korean version considering it's a limited print. Anyway, pre-ordering from Yes-Asia does not guarantee you a copy, I remember I got a cancelled pre-order from one of the popular Final Fantasy gaspons.[/QUOTE]

i will admit i do love the korean version better, but i have never ordered from that site before, if you do end up getting it post how long it took to come and its condition as well as pics plz. :)

Anyone manage to find a POTC steelbook case at BB yet? My local BB has them in inventory, as they're showing up as in-store pickable, though they can't find them anywhere in the store.

Tried twice, yesterday and today, no sign of them.

Went to my Best Buy and I couldn't find the Pirate's Metal Box. They did still have 10 Lion King cases though.

bread's done
Back