Best Buy Exclusive: Disney Collectible Cases METAL BOX - Wave #3

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Best Buy Exclusive: Disney Collectible Cases - Wave #3

Confirmed
Lion King (3D) - 10/4 (Street Date: 9/4-10/3)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (3D) - 10/18 (Street Date: 10/2-10/17)
Cars 2 (3D) - 11/1 (Street Date: 10/1-10/31)

Link

Update #1

Future Shop Exclusive

The Lion King (3D Blu-ray Combo) - 10/4

Bambi (Blu-ray Combo) - 10/11

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (3D Blu-ray Combo) - 10/18

The Incredibles (Blu-ray Combo) - 10/25

Cars 2 (3D Blu-ray Combo Pack) - 11/1

Update #2

Hot off the Press, you asked for more images of Disney Collectible Packaging here it is!

If you haven't read the entire message on Disney Collectable Packaging available at Future Shop this fall, please take the time to read the link below to another post on this subject. Based on initial demand over the last few days, it is possible we might sell out before release date! Pre-order now and don't be disappointed. Unlike some websites Futureshop.ca DOES NOT not charge your credit card for preorders UNTIL product is shipped to you. So preorder them all now, reserve your copy and pay when these finally release!

View the original post for these Disney Collectibles - http://$$$$$$$/ngQumW

First Update is Bambi - Confirmed North American Exclusive to Future Shop!

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bambi Combo. 2 Discs (Bluray, DVD) Update from Disney no Digital Copy as originally communicated.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 11th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Preorder NOW[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/q8TKbU[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/q8TKbU[/FONT]

original

original

Second Update is Bambi - North American Exclusive to Future Shop!
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Incredibles Combo. 3 Disc (Bluray, DVD and Digital Copy)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 25th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/mUASRC[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/oJMaM4[/FONT]

original

original

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Pirates: On Stranger Tides 3D Combo. 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy. Digital Copy will be included in a paper sleeve.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 18th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/qu0wWn[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/patAET[/FONT]

original

original

Update #3

Hot off the press from MORE confirmations from Disney!

The collectible packaging SKUs are the same height and width as a standard BD amaray but have a bit more depth due to the number of discs and collectible packaging

Yes our Customers can use the coupons on the collectible SKUs. Lion King is an $8 dollar coupon. Cars 2 and Pirates 4 are a $5 coupon. Please remember that these coupons can only be redeemed in store.

They are not Steelbooks or Ironpacks.

Please see below for the contents of each SKU *Disney has updated & changed*

• Cars 2 – 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy
  • Pirates 4 – 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy
  • The Lion King – 4-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, DVD and Digital Copy
  • The Incredibles – 3-disc - BD, DVD and Digital Copy
  • Bambi – 2-disc - BD and DVD
The digital copy will be included in a paper sleeve on all SKUs where it is available.

The Incredibles and Bambi are a North American exclusive for Future Shop!

Update # 4

New name for those metal cases is called a METAL BOX from VIVA.

Update: #5

These are G2 Sized.

Update: #6

Change date for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']Anyone manage to find a POTC steelbook case at BB yet? My local BB has them in inventory, as they're showing up as in-store pickable, though they can't find them anywhere in the store.

Tried twice, yesterday and today, no sign of them.[/QUOTE]
Nope, no signs of them at all, asked too, but no helps... 14th Street Union Sq, NYC and 23rd Street Chelsea.

I just want to point out that the Cars 2 steelcase is DVD sized (lame). The Lion King steelbook is BD sized. I don't know about the PotC steelbook case yet. I managed to find a copy of Cars 2 case, it was marked to a penny...

[quote name='Serpentor']Nope, no signs of them at all, asked too, but no helps... 14th Street Union Sq, NYC and 23rd Street Chelsea.[/QUOTE]I talked to a different store yesterday than my "normal" store and he said that they're not street dated until 10/02/11.

[quote name='Serpentor']I just want to point out that the Cars 2 steelcase is DVD sized (lame). The Lion King steelbook is BD sized. I don't know about the PotC steelbook case yet. I managed to find a copy of Cars 2 case, it was marked to a penny...[/QUOTE]

I think you are confusing it with the Wii game case that was around when the movie was first released. The case mentioned in this thread is for the Blu ray movie and the street date for the case to pre order the movie is 10/1.

[quote name='shrike4242']I talked to a different store yesterday than my "normal" store and he said that they're not street dated until 10/02/11.[/QUOTE]

Well that makes sense cause I been to two different stores and both don't have it, just Lion King which I bought last week.

[quote name='KidSqueek']I think you are confusing it with the Wii game case that was around when the movie was first released. The case mentioned in this thread is for the Blu ray movie and the street date for the case to pre order the movie is 10/1.[/QUOTE]
Ah, that's it... No wonder I can't find any Cars 2 cases, they're not out yet :)

checked today for the POTC case and nothing yet, only had two lion king ones left tho, need that other pirates one even though i already have this steelbook, but i need the american version so it can match my others.

I been having my case sealed for 3 weeks now just cant wait to go to bb with the receipt and my 5 bucks off (Subway) and experience the Lion King in style

[quote name='Zodiac080704']So today is Sunday, anybody come across the PotC ones yet?[/QUOTE]

damn it I knew that I wanted to check something else out when I went to pick up Driver today (forgot Archer Season 1 too)

Asked a guy yesterday at a bb by the florida mall, he sounded confident that the PotC cases will be available this tuesday.

[quote name='Los 33x']Asked a guy yesterday at a bb by the florida mall, he sounded confident that the PotC cases will be available this tuesday.[/QUOTE]

or he could have had no clue what the hell you were talking about and was just fucking with you. :applause:

photo.jpg

So here is a picture of the Pirates case I picked up today. It will be coming out 10/2 for preorder. Sorry for the crappy pic the camera on my phone sucks.

No sorry I should have told the whole story. I took the scu in with me for lunch and asked to check the stock and the floor girl said they had 5 in but couldn't locate them. Well she pretty much grabbed me one out of the back and I guess didn't notice the dates on the back of the box. I will say this my store had around 30+ Lion king boxes. She told me they will only have 5 of this one at my local store. Sounds like it could be hard to get but I could be wrong and its just my store that got a small order. Anyways after looking at the back of this im sure it should be on the shelves this Sunday. If not take in the scu from the preorder page and have them check the on hand stock.

This is a little off topic from the new releases but I've seen the tangled steelbook/ironpack/metal box listed on ebay. Is that an official Disney case and if so, what wave does that fit in? I've also seen a Tron version too.

Update the Tangled version is G1 size.

[quote name='Fanatix']This is a little off topic from the new releases but I've seen the tangled steelbook/ironpack/metal box listed on ebay. Is that an official Disney case and if so, what wave does that fit in? I've also seen a Tron version too.

Update the Tangled version is G1 size.[/QUOTE]

Mexico I believe is where that was released. Tron was Germany.

[quote name='Finch106']Mexico I believe is where that was released. Tron was Germany.[/QUOTE]

There was a tron steelbook in Mexico as well as other countries to.

[quote name='Ervgotti85']Hey can anyone let me know is the cars 2 case a metalpak or a steelbook just like the video game one?[/QUOTE]

It's the same as The Lion King and POTC 4 one. There is a thread on it in the deals section over at blu-ray.com. Look at post #29 for pics.

really digging the pics I have seen of the POTC4 one. May have to go out and pick it up the Sunday.

I'm gonna do the preorder only for the case, and i think im gonna buy the Blu ray on Mexico, because my nephews only know Spanish and i don't want to keep them from enjoying that movie, in Mexico i think they come in English and Spanish languages so that's probably what im gonna do.

Pics of the Cases from blu-ray.com

Pirates
DSC00284.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

Cars 2
DisneyMetalBox_Cars2_Front.jpg

DisneyMetalBox_Cars2_Back.jpg

DisneyMetalBox_Cars2_Inside.jpg

All three spines:
DisneyMetalBox_Spines.jpg

Personally I think the Cars case is the nicest in terms of art.

All credit goes to the great people at the blu-ray.com forums!

I had it confirmed yesterday in-store that the POTC steelbook will be available starting on Sunday. There's a DO NOT SELL on the item code until the 2nd, so if you get it before then, you're lucky.

I'm assuming that the Cars 2 one will be out a couple weeks later, so my guess is that it should be available starting on 10/16.

[quote name='shrike4242']I had it confirmed yesterday in-store that the POTC steelbook will be available starting on Sunday. There's a DO NOT SELL on the item code until the 2nd, so if you get it before then, you're lucky.

I'm assuming that the Cars 2 one will be out a couple weeks later, so my guess is that it should be available starting on 10/16.[/QUOTE]

Picked up the POTC case today at my local BB. They had probably 20 of them on the Lion King endcap display.

Nashville, TN

[quote name='whoasaywhat']Picked up the POTC case today at my local BB. They had probably 20 of them on the Lion King endcap display.

Nashville, TN[/QUOTE]

just curious - which nashville location did you find them?! thanks!

Good thing the POTC metalbox is for 4 discs. I'm going to just put all the BD movies from my BB exclusive trilogy and Stranger Tides (when I get it) in it. The trilogy box set was getting annoying.

[quote name='Mako1215']Saw this quote in the OP.

Does that mean we can order from Future Shop now?[/QUOTE]If you live in Canada, sure.

I managed to get both Pirates and Cars 2 last night. I called and asked about them and the guy came back to the phone after about 15 minutes and said he found them, but they say not to sell them before Sunday, but "it's just a preorder so it shouldn't matter" and sold them to me.

The Cars 2 case is my personal favorite. looks fantastic.

[quote name='Penguin1084']I managed to get both Pirates and Cars 2 last night. I called and asked about them and the guy came back to the phone after about 15 minutes and said he found them, but they say not to sell them before Sunday, but "it's just a preorder so it shouldn't matter" and sold them to me.

The Cars 2 case is my personal favorite. looks fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Will Pirates and Cars be available the same time?? What's the date on the back of the Cars case??

[quote name='KidSqueek']Will Pirates and Cars be available the same time?? What's the date on the back of the Cars case??[/QUOTE]

Yes! Sorry I forgot to mention that!

The Cars case actually has a date of 10/1/11-10/31/11 so that means it SHOULD be available on SATURDAY.

The Pirates case has a date of 10/2/11-10/17/11.

I pre-ordered the POTC metalbox on the BB website last night (for in-store pickup at my local BB). Should I have to worry about getting a copy? I hope I get an email on Sunday that it's ready for pickup.

[quote name='bearkiss']thanks to whoasaywhat I was able to find the pirates ones at best buy today!

now just gotta get the cars one![/QUOTE]

That Best Buy is breaking street dates left and right. I got my email today that the Cars 2 case was ready for pickup. I picked it up after work. They had to go in the back and get it since it wasn't in the holding area.

[quote name='KidSqueek']Will Pirates and Cars be available the same time?? What's the date on the back of the Cars case??[/QUOTE]

Date on the back of my case says "Offer valid 10/1-10/31" so Im thinking that they are putting them out on Sunday.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']I pre-ordered the POTC metalbox on the BB website last night (for in-store pickup at my local BB). Should I have to worry about getting a copy? I hope I get an email on Sunday that it's ready for pickup.[/QUOTE]

I would stop by your store just in case they put them out early. I had ordered online too but was in there for some other items and saw them on the shelf. They still haven't sent me an email saying that my order is ready for pickup.

Picked up both of mine from the display in electronics - they had about 5 cases for each title and I got there when they opened. They didn't have them out Friday night (I didn't go on Saturday).

I picked up mine today. They only had 6 Pirates and 4 Cars 2 cases at the one I went to. Although another Best Buy about 10 miles away from the one I went to says they have 10+ cases of Cars 2.

Picked up POTC and Cars 2 today at one BB in-town. They were in the back and not on the floor, and the Lion King display wasn't visible on any endcap.

bread's done
Back