Best Buy exclusive Vengeance Trilogy tin

Anyone else getting 'Unavailable' at all their stores? I don't know how Bestbuy works, but I'm thinking they'll update it once doors open today. Would appreciate it if someone could clear that up for me.

That's a bitch. I was hoping to get these today to upgrade from my DVD copies. Not in stock at any of the local Best Buys according to the stock checker.

[quote name='KurtCobain']That's a bitch. I was hoping to get these today to upgrade from my DVD copies. Not in stock at any of the local Best Buys according to the stock checker.[/QUOTE]

As Burchamj said, most of the time it will only show up as being in stock at a store via the website if the store has three or more copies. Since this is a very small release, the odds of stores getting three or more are pretty slim, so it wouldn't show up.

That said, I'm doubting that most (if any stores) got it. It could also be that Best Buy hasn't received them period since it appears that all of the preorders went to backorder status today.

Okay, I went to two stores and they are showing up as "on order". The employee told me to try back tomorrow. my store is getting 7 in and I think the best bet is to keep checking the website and do a store pickup when they show up as in stock. I really wanted to try the Walmart price match though. I'll check availability again before i leave for work. If not, I'll check tomorrow. Dammit I wanted to watch Lady Vengeance tonight!

[quote name='handsome_rakshas']Okay, I went to two stores and they are showing up as "on order". The employee told me to try back tomorrow. my store is getting 7 in and I think the best bet is to keep checking the website and do a store pickup when they show up as in stock. I really wanted to try the Walmart price match though. I'll check availability again before i leave for work. If not, I'll check tomorrow. Dammit I wanted to watch Lady Vengeance tonight![/QUOTE]
Same thing was shown at my Best Buy, he said it would probably be in late tonight or Friday as that is when the trucks drop off their shipments.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Same thing was shown at my Best Buy, he said it would probably be in late tonight or Friday as that is when the trucks drop off their shipments.[/QUOTE]

:D question, do you believe this undergrad associate's explanation?

[quote name='xage']:D question, do you believe this undergrad associate's explanation?[/QUOTE]

Nope!

Do you have a link that says it was delayed till a later date? Hopefully we'll be able to grab it in a day or two!

The guy at my store said they had 2 copies on order but they weren't 'in transit' so he had no idea when they would be coming. Hope this doesn't turn into another Ichi The Killer..

[quote name='rowgun']The guy at my store said they had 2 copies on order but they weren't 'in transit' so he had no idea when they would be coming. Hope this doesn't turn into another Ichi The Killer..[/QUOTE]

Ichi I can wait for, but not this!

Thanks for the info, I didn't know there was a "in transit". We might be waiting on this for a while! Any scoops keep me in the loop folks!

[quote name='xage']:D question, do you believe this undergrad associate's explanation?[/QUOTE]
I actually do, he seemed to know what he was talking about. But I'm not going to keep running back to Best Buy to see if they have it, if I'm in the area of a store, I'll stop in.

The guy at my Best Buy looked it up on the computer and he said it told them that it was automatically discontinued. I almost hit him in the head with a hammer!

M

I'M thinking this is either pushed back or not coming out. I remember going through this once before, I just can't remember which movie it was

According to my search on their site, it is now available at all of the Best Buys near me. It previously was listed as unavailable and now its listed as available. If you really want this I recommend you check the site and get to the store tomorrow.

[quote name='One4Deuce']According to my search on their site, it is now available at all of the Best Buys near me. It previously was listed as unavailable and now its listed as available. If you really want this I recommend you check the site and get to the store tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Good find ! I'm going to order another one and change my online pre-order to ship to store in the morning. Good looking out !

I asked the guy yesterday to look up by SKU and we saw 0.

According to the site there's still nothing around me... or the NYC area at all.

[quote name='rowgun']Store pickup says "Coming Soon" for me so I can't check :/[/QUOTE]

That happened within the last hour or two. I was checking back every hour or so and it was still showing unavailable at local best buys, but now I also see "Coming Soon" in place of the link to check local availability. I'd say it is very likely that this thing has been delayed at least a week or two if not longer.

[quote name='stubadub']That happened within the last hour or two. I was checking back every hour or so and it was still showing unavailable at local best buys, but now I also see "Coming Soon" in place of the link to check local availability. I'd say it is very likely that this thing has been delayed at least a week or two if not longer.[/QUOTE]

I ordered yesterday when it was showing 'available' for me and this morning I got a confirmation email to come pick it up. I also got an email for my online pre-order that the release date changed to June 15th. This better not be a screw up at my local Bestbuy as I'm about to head there right now. I'll let yall know what's up when I'm back.

Or you could have saved yourself the trouble and called ahead first to make sure it was correct, since it's VERY likely it was a screwup on their part.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']LotR Fiascos[/QUOTE]

:D That one, some were blessed unlike this... its basically a screw up :D

[quote name='opterasis']Or you could have saved yourself the trouble and called ahead first to make sure it was correct, since it's VERY likely it was a screwup on their part.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't even go out to the store. Right after I posted that up, I checked my phone and had a voicemail. It was some guy from the store saying they didn't have it in stock.

[quote name='cupcakex1']Yeah I didn't even go out to the store. Right after I posted that up, I checked my phone and had a voicemail. It was some guy from the store saying they didn't have it in stock.[/QUOTE]

someone said the same thing happened on blu-ray.com. This release has been an absolute mess and neither Best Buy or Tartan seems to have any answers for us. I hope Tartan isn't turning into Tokyo Shock/ Media Blasters.

I went in today...4th visit in 2 days trying to get the Vengeance Trilogy. The manager remembered me asking about it at the GoWIII midnight release, and told me they received the shipment today, but that it was dated for tomorrow for some reason. However, it was not street-date locked or anything, so I was able to get a copy.

I suggest going into your local store and asking about it...or checking tomorrow.
And just FYI, the set is indeed in a metal tin...and each movie is in its own individual blu-ray case inside the tin, which is nice, I think. And of course there's the booklet insert with essays and other tidbits.

[quote name='GreyFox787']I went in today...4th visit in 2 days trying to get the Vengeance Trilogy. The manager remembered me asking about it at the GoWIII midnight release, and told me they received the shipment today, but that it was dated for tomorrow for some reason. However, it was not street-date locked or anything, so I was able to get a copy.

I suggest going into your local store and asking about it...or checking tomorrow.
And just FYI, the set is indeed in a metal tin...and each movie is in its own individual blu-ray case inside the tin, which is nice, I think. And of course there's the booklet insert with essays and other tidbits.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear this thing actually exists and is getting into peoples hands. Any way you could post some pics of the tin and packaging. I'd like to get a look at the set. Also, how many discs total are there?

[quote name='GreyFox787']I went in today...4th visit in 2 days trying to get the Vengeance Trilogy. The manager remembered me asking about it at the GoWIII midnight release, and told me they received the shipment today, but that it was dated for tomorrow for some reason. However, it was not street-date locked or anything, so I was able to get a copy.

And just FYI, the set is indeed in a metal tin...and each movie is in its own individual blu-ray case inside the tin, which is nice, I think. And of course there's the booklet insert with essays and other tidbits.[/QUOTE]

picture please.

GreyFox787 is true and the rest who doubts -> youre just stucked with your doubts :D

The problem with most of you is that you keep on speculating. As what the xage stated yesterday:

[quote name='xage']It is DELAYED! Sorry No Bestbuy Sales for Vengeance Trilogy today 03/16/10[/QUOTE]

I seldom messed up or give false information and whenever I stated and shared it..its TRUE, oh yeah its TRUE!

Its only 1 day delay and its good to go now! so hurry up to your nearest bestbuy! ooops... its closed already better luck tomm. (except the xage and greyfox787)

xageboy00.jpg

xageboy01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice. I'll check out my BB here in Illinois tomorrow before work and see if they have any in. The clerk checked Tuesday and they had 3 on order so hopefully I can snag one of them.

xageboy02.jpg

3 Bluray Discs & 1 DVD-9 Disc (under Lady Vengeance)

WARNING: One Major thing I noticed, as similar to the OLDBOY DVD TIN, the TIN case is very susceptible to DENT. A huge percentage of the release were dented, thankfully mine is 100% pristine awesomeness.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back