Best Buy: Fable III & AC: Brotherhood Collector's Edition clearnce priced.

fallenjedi

CAGiversary!
Stopped by the Torrance, CA Best Buy after work tonight and found that Fable III Limited Collector's Edition (BB sku 1036776) was priced at $29.99, while Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition (BB sku 1338007) was priced at $59.99. I think fellow CAGers were finding Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood cheaper ($50), but I didn't want to chance missing out since almost every BB I've been to in the last 3 days never seemed to have the Xbox version in stock. Tons of PS3 versions but didn't confirm if they were also clearanced.

Maybe 6 copies left of Fable III, and 4 copies of AC: Brotherhood. Happy hunting!

[quote name='msdmoney']Picked up Fable 3 CE from the West LA Best Buy. He had to go to the back to get one, so you should ask if you don't see one. They were all out at the Torrance store mentioned in the original post, guy said they had a bunch the night before so a hoarder must have got them. The Torrance employee was very helpful and searched the local Best Buy inventories for me, that's how I found out about West LA. I guess they can do a different in stock search for local stores than the online search for the general public.[/QUOTE]

it looks like they have some out in sherman oaks but with gas prices being what they are, i really cant justify it for a game that i am not really super enthused by. i was out that direction yesterday, if i had known about this then, maybe i would have made the trip.

edit
i will say this for fable games, i always liked the little mini games more than the mainquest

actually fuck it, i need to get a new mouse anyways, my current one is not optical and suckass, so bb here i come

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw two PS3 ACB CE clearly marked at $59.99 at my local store even though it shows no stock online. I was very, very tempted to pick both of them up but they were wrapped tightly in those stupid spider wraps. Why does Best Buy have to destroy these collector's editions?

[quote name='dracula']it looks like they have some out in sherman oaks but with gas prices being what they are, i really cant justify it for a game that i am not really super enthused by. i was out that direction yesterday, if i had known about this then, maybe i would have made the trip.

edit
i will say this for fable games, i always liked the little mini games more than the mainquest

actually fuck it, i need to get a new mouse anyways, my current one is not optical and suckass, so bb here i come[/QUOTE]

Lemme know if you clean 'em out, because I was going to hit that store for any in stock after the morning game.

Walked into one of the few stocked remaining BB stores in Metrowest area of MA and saw seven copies of Fable III LE. Walked over to pick up the COD:BO Prestige and back to grab one and two people already had already grabbed all seven.

Oh well, still gotta go back and play the first two so no big deal. Although, found it funny as far as the timing. Also grabbed AC:B CE 360, Castlevania LE and last lonely Bioshock 2 LE (30.99). Used the 10% off and it they did not stack with B2G1 so not sure if it was the % off or the combination of 360/PS3.

So you may want to be careful of stacking or certain combos...

[quote name='Diatribal Deity']Walked into one of the few stocked remaining BB stores in Metrowest area of MA and saw seven copies of Fable III LE. Walked over to pick up the COD:BO Prestige and back to grab one and two people already had already grabbed all seven.

Oh well, still gotta go back and play the first two so no big deal. Although, found it funny as far as the timing. Also grabbed AC:B CE 360, Castlevania LE and last lonely Bioshock 2 LE (30.99). Used the 10% off and it they did not stack with B2G1 so not sure if it was the % off or the combination of 360/PS3.

So you may want to be careful of stacking or certain combos...[/QUOTE]
I've only ever been to BB at store opening on several occasions, Black Friday and when guides drop to a penny. Otherwise I go in around 2-3pm. But in this instance I would've likely grabbed one(or three;)) of the Fable III LE's and held onto those sob's tight.:D

[quote name='dennisb407']360[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. So what is the version that people are reporting without the map code? Hopefully not occurring to PS3 version only since that is the one I am trying to get.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Thanks for the reply. So what is the version that people are reporting without the map code? Hopefully not occurring to PS3 version only since that is the one I am trying to get.[/QUOTE]

I got it for PS3 and had no map code.

[quote name='ryheeles']I got it for PS3 and had no map code.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2::)-xOh no. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it is not a widespread case.

On another side question, anyone know if PS3 code can be use for 360 and vice-versa?

[quote name='Diatribal Deity']

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I figured the 10% discount wouldn't stack. It's most likely because you're not supposed to combine deals like B2G1 with anything.

I originally purchased my Black Ops Prestige edition with the 10% discount so hopefully they will let me get a price adjustment for the B2G1 sale since it rang up as "Solutions Plus" on the receipt.

[quote name='nas6034']is fable3 still $29.99 for the b2g1 sale?[/QUOTE]

I picked up a Fable 3 CE today for $29.99 and used it with the B2G1 offer.

Just scored 2 fable 3 CE and 1 assassins creed brotherhood ce. The buy 2 get one free worked but the 10% mobile code wouldn't stack. Oh, this was at the pleasnthill ca store off 680.

i'm going to get my b2g1 with 2 fable III CE's that i picked up for a friend and I and get a 3rd game there, then do the same with AC:B and LBP2

have you guys jsut been going back in and picking up an extra? I got ACB CE and fable 3 last week. i'm thinking i could jsut go to customer service say i want to return/rebuy but add a third game. any thoughts?

[quote name='supermodestmouse']have you guys jsut been going back in and picking up an extra? I got ACB CE and fable 3 last week. i'm thinking i could jsut go to customer service say i want to return/rebuy but add a third game. any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Yes - That is exactly what I did & got another ACB CE for free by just showing reciepts of previous purchases.
No hassles at all, though I did feel odd coming in the store, picking up the game , going to customer service, showing some reciepts ,taking a new one & just walk out without ever touching the wallet. :D

[quote name='supermodestmouse']have you guys jsut been going back in and picking up an extra? I got ACB CE and fable 3 last week. i'm thinking i could jsut go to customer service say i want to return/rebuy but add a third game. any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I plan on doing the same thing. Just got off the phone and was told I only needed to bring in the receipt to do a re-adjustment. She said all three games would have to be on the same receipt.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Fable III Limited Edition stock locator link-(since the game is no longer on BB's site):
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&skuId=1036776&_requestid=259276[/QUOTE]

FYI don't always trust the store locator 100%. I checked my local BBs via the link and they all said that Fable III was unavailable, but I decided to try calling my local store and lo and behold they had 1 Fable III CE left. I had them hold it for me and went down to pick it up.

I really wanted to take advantage of the B2G1F but I could not justify it. The copies of AC:B were all badly spiderized and the one copy of F:NV CE was also spiderized. Also F:NV is still $80. I won't be playing either game right away anyways so I figured I would be better off waiting for a cheaper sale. I wanted to get Dragon Age Origins Awakening as part of the deal but could not find a 3rd game I was willing to pay MSRP for, or that I wanted to play. Maybe I could have picked up a gift for a friend or something but I just decided against it.

Thanks OP for the heads up, and for those looking for a copy of Fable III, don't forget to actually try calling your local store, the online stock indicator may not be totally accurate given that they have removed the item from their website.

Ruahrc

where are you guys located? i'm in orange county, CA and the best buy i went to said the collectors edition was $100.

also, ps3 or 360 priced?

[quote name='xRemnant']don't know if to get mass effect 2 or brotherhood CE for PS3.[/QUOTE]

Oh god.... please get Mass Effect 2

[quote name='jsub']where are you guys located? i'm in orange county, CA and the best buy i went to said the collectors edition was $100.

also, ps3 or 360 priced?[/QUOTE]

When I called my store they said the price was $100 as well. I took a chance to drive there, had them scan it first and it scanned for $59.99. They have no idea it has been clearanced.

I seen this at my local best buy for about 1 month at this price. I might pick AC:B for that price along with LBP2 CE. Do not know what my free game will be. I might just return a game for my money and keep the free one i got. Wonder if they will allow that :bouncy:

LA area CAGs, there are only Fable 3's at the north Valley Best Buys. Sherman Oaks Best Buy (on Van Nuys just off the 101) is cleaned out. They had a couple of Alan Wake LEs and Castlevania LoS LEs but they are gone as well.

There are 4 available at Nordhoff and Tampa in Northridge (will not show up on inventory checker but they are there...you might have to check at customer service), a couple available at Porter Ranch off the 118, and a couple at the San Fernando/Pacoima location off the 118.

[quote name='bjstucker']I am really wishing Dead Rising 2 CE would go on sale its the only one at my store not dropping in price.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I don't care about Gran Turismo 5, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Fable 3…. and all of them are bigger games than Dead Rising - which is also the one I want badly. Why isn't the DR2 dropping?

I guess it doesn't take up much shelves space like the others.

[quote name='miriamleo']Same here. I don't care about Gran Turismo 5, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Fable 3…. and all of them are bigger games than Dead Rising - which is also the one I want badly. Why isn't the DR2 dropping?

I guess it doesn't take up much shelves space like the others.[/QUOTE]

A few weeks ago it was $30 on amazon, the 360 one anyway. I assume it'll drop in price everywhere eventually. The CE for it isn't that great to be honest, the coolest thing is the steelbook. The only reason I got it was that the normal edition traded in for $32 and I got that one for $25. Traded mine in for $32 and bought the CE for $30, basically making it $23 for my CE of the game.

[quote name='dabamus']Dr2 was 30 at amazon a while back.[/QUOTE]

I was super bummed when I didn't find DR2 under the tree xmass morning... I was going to order it at that price but was told to wait till the holiday :cry:

[quote name='jsub']where are you guys located? i'm in orange county, CA and the best buy i went to said the collectors edition was $100.

also, ps3 or 360 priced?[/QUOTE]

Fullerton and Anaheim both had HUGE $99.99 price tags by the AC:B CE's but they ring up at $59.99.

Here's an updated list of most of the CE/LE/SE/bundles available at various Best Buys (YMMV finding them) and their prices (should be chainwide - shelf tags/signage may very well be wrong so be sure to scan) as of today. I've put them in order of price in case anyone wants to take advantage of the B2G1 going on this week. Perhaps the OP could be udpated?

$99.99

DC Online
iconps3.gif
iconpcwin.gif

$79.99

Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops Prestige
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

Fallout New Vegas L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

Halo Reach Legendary
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

Little Big Planet 2 L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

$69.99

Epic Mickey L.E.
iconwii.gif

Goldeneye Bundle
iconwii.gif

Marvel vs. Capcom L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

$59.99

Alan Wake L.E.
iconxbox360.gif

Castlevania LoS L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

Halo Reach L.E.
iconxbox360.gif

Tekken 6 L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

GT5
iconps3.gif

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

$39.99

Bioshock 2 L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif
iconpcwin.gif

Mafia 2 L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

$29.99

Fable 3 Limited C.E.
iconxbox360.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already bought fable 3 CE. Is it possible to return it and get it again to include it on the b2g1 free promo?

[quote name='haru3173']I've already bought fable 3 CE. Is it possible to return it and get it again to include it on the b2g1 free promo?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did it today. You have to do a return/rebuy so pick out your other games before you go to customer service.

[quote name='fortunado']Yes, I did it today. You have to do a return/rebuy so pick out your other games before you go to customer service.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so I can go into bestbuy with my AC:brotherhood CE, and grab two games I want, then head to customer service and ask if I can return and rebuy my AC:Brotherhood? BestBuy will allow that?

It's technically a YMMV because you could encounter a jerk at Customer Service, but most of the time they'll allow it. Really, it's effectively not much different from their own price match policy, so most of the time they're cool with it.

[quote name='Urahara']It's technically a YMMV because you could encounter a jerk at Customer Service, but most of the time they'll allow it. Really, it's effectively not much different from their own price match policy, so most of the time they're cool with it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I think I'll try to return/rebuy this Tuesday and grab LBP2 n maybe Mass Effect 2 or DC Universe online. Here's hoping it'll run smooth at customer service.

WTF is up with some stores having loads of the Fable III CE!? I went to a store in the Pacific NW and they looked up the SKU and there isn't a single copy in all of WA, OR, or even AK. They said they haven't had any for a long time - since release week... That is some screwy inventory management.

I don't ever remember seeing one at the Best Buys I go to. Same with GT5. However they still have Halo: Reach, AC:BH, I think COD:BO, and a few others. Hell I saw God of War 3 there for a long time. Hell I was about to buy it till I saw the deal posted for walmart.com. At the time the one best buy here had 3 or 4 and then went to 0. After about 2 weeks they got another in. Thing is it looks like it was beat up a little. It has been there for some time and I don't think anyone plans on getting it.

LE/CE/SE what ever you want to call them all seem to be a hit and miss around here. Out of the 2 best buys I go to some of them last forever it seems like and some I never see there at all.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but are the AC: Brotherhood LEs still technically a YMMV price?

It seems as if its almost $59.99 everywhere for you guys, but my Best Buy is usually not one to participate in clearances so I'm not sure.

[quote name='io']WTF is up with some stores having loads of the Fable III CE!? I went to a store in the Pacific NW and they looked up the SKU and there isn't a single copy in all of WA, OR, or even AK. They said they haven't had any for a long time - since release week... That is some screwy inventory management.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, io. The one store I saw it at yesterday, in Northridge, had a dozen of them behind the counter at customer service. This is the same location that had a dozen COD: BO Prestige up until a week ago, now not a single store in LA has it for either X360 or PS3. I wish I could find one of those now, to go with a Fallout: NV LE and Halo Reach Legendary.

As for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, I've seen it ring up at $59.99 at multiple stores. That tells me it SHOULD be a universal price drop. Be sure and scan it because I actually saw signage yesterday on top of a HUGE pile of the things that said $99.99. Sign was absolutely wrong because they rang up at that store at $59.99

[quote name='karkyco']
$39.99
Mafia 2 L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy to pay this if I could find it but I can't figure out how to check the site for old inventory. Can anyone explain that process? Otherwise I could just got there and look around but I believe my local one has been out of them for a while.

[quote name='karkyco']Here's an updated list of most of the CE/LE/SE/bundles available at various Best Buys (YMMV finding them) and their prices (should be chainwide - shelf tags/signage may very well be wrong so be sure to scan) as of today. I've put them in order of price in case anyone wants to take advantage of the B2G1 going on this week. Perhaps the OP could be udpated?

$99.99

DC Online
iconps3.gif
iconpcwin.gif

$79.99

Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops Prestige
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

Fallout New Vegas L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

Halo Reach Legendary
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

Little Big Planet 2 L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

$69.99

Epic Mickey L.E.
iconwii.gif

Goldeneye Bundle
iconwii.gif

Marvel vs. Capcom L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

$59.99

Alan Wake L.E.
iconxbox360.gif

Castlevania LoS L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

Halo Reach L.E.
iconxbox360.gif

Tekken 6 L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

GT5
iconps3.gif

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

$39.99

Bioshock 2 L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif
iconpcwin.gif

Mafia 2 L.E.
iconps3.gif
iconxbox360.gif

$29.99

Fable 3 Limited C.E.
iconxbox360.gif
[/QUOTE]

Nice list. You can add:

Batman: Arkham Asylum LE :360: - $49.99 (the one with the batarang)

[quote name='io']WTF is up with some stores having loads of the Fable III CE!? I went to a store in the Pacific NW and they looked up the SKU and there isn't a single copy in all of WA, OR, or even AK. They said they haven't had any for a long time - since release week... That is some screwy inventory management.[/QUOTE]

They didn't even have Fable III CE in AK when the game first came out since I was looking for it back then.

[quote name='evophile']Sorry if this is a stupid question but are the AC: Brotherhood LEs still technically a YMMV price?

It seems as if its almost $59.99 everywhere for you guys, but my Best Buy is usually not one to participate in clearances so I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so; when I looked it up in our inventory through 3 Houston districts, they all came up $59.99 so most likely it's not YMMV.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I'd be happy to pay this if I could find it but I can't figure out how to check the site for old inventory. Can anyone explain that process? Otherwise I could just got there and look around but I believe my local one has been out of them for a while.[/QUOTE]

You can ask the employees to look in rss thats their store inventory management and see if any store in the area has it. If you want I'll sell you my copy.

bread's done
Back