Best Buy @Gamer Coupons 10/06-11/02: (After Coupon) $10 Prototype 2, $25 007 Legends, $35 Metro Last Light, $20 AoT: Devil's Cartel, $20 ESPN SC Wii U

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I was like......that Prototpe 2 looks familiar.......ohhhhh, it was $5 a hundred years ago. Some people got it with the steel book.

Rayman Legends Wii U would be $24.99 after $10 off preowned, but you'd have to call BB.com or a store and have them try and find it by the SKU number.

You know who are the dumbest people on CAG?  The ones who have been complaining about @Gamer for >1 year.  Because AFAIK, you can't get more than 1 year at a time.

And as far as prototype goes, yes, it's not $5 like it was that ONE day.  But $10 is still a good price.  I'll pick it up as a stocking stuffer.

in other news: it's stocking stuffer season! 

Complaining about something being not as good as that one deal one time should be reason for being banned from the the forums.

If you don't like @gamer, don't pay for it. You're a consumer for a reason. I signed up in May and instantly made my investment back on Tank! X3 that and $20 promos and I'm cruising each month with no hate for coupons.

And as far as prototype goes, yes, it's not $5 like it was that ONE day. But $10 is still a good price. I'll pick it up as a stocking stuffer.
I think most everyone forgets around here that a $5 game (especially new) is just about as rare as free. $10 is the bottom for most everything new and even used you don't see much dip below $8 for a loooong time (mostly thanks to gamefly sales).

You know who are the dumbest people on CAG? The ones who have been complaining about @Gamer for >1 year. Because AFAIK, you can't get more than 1 year at a time.

And as far as prototype goes, yes, it's not $5 like it was that ONE day. But $10 is still a good price. I'll pick it up as a stocking stuffer.

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

So is the PX51 worth it?
The only current gen headsets that have been confirmed to work with next gen hardware are Sony's first party Pulse and Pulse Elite cans. PX51 is a nice, but if you're serious enough about gaming to blow benjis on headsets you've probably also preordered a PS4 or XBone. I just don't see how the 51's would be a good purchase unless you're going to be playing current gen games primarily for the next couple years because you game with friends who won't go next gen until after the first big price drop.

I can't believe people still care about these coupons. I join for the trade in boost. If a deal comes up on a game I'm interested in, fine. If not, the 10% bump & RZ certs handle that.

[quote name="@FIF" post="11119905" timestamp="1381254768"]
The only current gen headsets that have been confirmed to work with next gen hardware are Sony's first party Pulse and Pulse Elite cans. PX51 is a nice, but if you're serious enough about gaming to blow benjis on headsets you've probably also preordered a PS4 or XBone. I just don't see how the 51's would be a good purchase unless you're going to be playing current gen games primarily for the next couple years because you game with friends who won't go next gen until after the first big price drop.[/quote]
Has been confirmed that Microsoft will make a headset adapter for the Xbox One.
I can see astro partnering with next gen consoles to make it work seeing that it is MLG used, Im sure turtlebeach will pay something to make theirs work also.

I can't see why my a50s won't work on the ps4 seeing it is only optical in and USB powered. Seeing the mic input to the ps4 is the same as the Xbox now using a talkback cable should work.

They finally sent me my coupons. With that being said im willing to trade the ESPN coupon and the 2 headset coupons.

Edit - also add Prototype 2 coupon. I'll trade all 4 for the $10 off pre owned if anyone wants to do that

They finally sent me my coupons. With that being said im willing to trade the ESPN coupon and the 2 headset coupons.
Edit - also add Prototype 2 coupon. I'll trade all 4 for the $10 off pre owned if anyone wants to do that
why would anyone want duplicates of 4 non-deal coupons?

I'll give you my $10 off pre-owned code if I dont end up using it...most games that I'm interested are just under $30

why would anyone want duplicates of 4 non-deal coupons?
I'll give you my $10 off pre-owned code if I dont end up using it...most games that I'm interested are just under $30
I figured someone could use those. I don't have a Wii, beat Prototype 2, and have no interest in the headsets, there always is a possibility they go on sale later on during the month. Thanks for the coupon if you don't use it, I already used mine as soon as I got it.

You know who are the dumbest people on CAG? The ones who have been complaining about @Gamer for >1 year. Because AFAIK, you can't get more than 1 year at a time.

Weren't some people forced to renew if they still wanted to get that $20 RZ cert for pre-ordering GTAV or the South Park game? Even if you don't use a single coupon for the entire year, spending $15 to get a $20 gift certificate is still a good idea for anyone who regularly shops at Best Buy. But yeah, I can't picture anybody who didn't pre-order those games renewing for any reason, hence my original complaint. If they brought back the $20 promos for new games, I'd renew in a Flash.

Complaining about something being not as good as that one deal one time should be reason for being banned from the the forums.

If you don't like @gamer, don't pay for it. You're a consumer for a reason. I signed up in May and instantly made my investment back on Tank! X3 that and $20 promos and I'm cruising each month with no hate for coupons.

If you say so champ, personally I wouldn't touch Tank! even if it were free (which it now is IIRC lol). I'd rather have the memory than have that turd taking up any of my space. I suppose the physical version is good for a flip, but I can't imagine the game having any worthwhile TiV anywhere. Hell, I was amazed to find that Amazon offers over $3 for it (though that would barely cover the gas to pick the turd up). The $20 promos were cool, but they don't do that anymore.

Last edited:
Weren't some people forced to renew if they still wanted to get that $20 RZ cert for pre-ordering GTAV or the South Park game? Even if you don't use a single coupon for the entire year, spending $15 to get a $20 gift certificate is still a good idea for anyone who regularly shops at Best Buy. But yeah, I can't picture anybody who didn't pre-order those games renewing for any reason, hence my original complaint.
You get 10% bonus on all trade-ins if you have GCU. When Best buy was having its crazy trade in values a few weeks ago, I was easily able to make over $16 from the 10% alone. (yes, I traded in well over $160 worth of games. I was flipping like a gymnist.) That and the B2G1 on new games is the only reason I would renew, after they nerfed the $20 pre-order bonus.

I figured someone could use those. I don't have a Wii, beat Prototype 2, and have no interest in the headsets, there always is a possibility they go on sale later on during the month. Thanks for the coupon if you don't use it, I already used mine as soon as I got it.
it is funny you are expecting something for these coupons, whenpeople were giving these coupons for free every month. you might as well list it on ebay.

it is funny you are expecting something for these coupons, whenpeople were giving these coupons for free every month. you might as well list it on ebay.
Why would I sell them on ebay? I don't want the money dude, I just wanted that one coupon bro. You should worry about yourself and not worry about what I'm doing. If it matters to you so much post your ESPN, Prototype, and 2 headset coupons. A lot of people don't even use that $10 off coupon, it was just an offer. No one has to accept it, it's not like I was putting a gun to their head forcing them to fork it over. Hey but thanks for caring so much. I'll feel good when I go to sleep every night now knowing that YBX87 cares so much about what I do.

I got my issue today, even tho my GCU has expired.  :p  That's cool tho I suppose, I'm pondering using that $10 used coupon to pickup NSMBU for $20.   

I got my issue today, even tho my GCU has expired. :p That's cool tho I suppose, I'm pondering using that $10 used coupon to pickup NSMBU for $20.
You'd have to trick a manager into an override since you need a valid GCU membership scan for the computer to take off the discount and it says GCU only on the coupon itself.

I'd just spend the $15 to renew and do it legit, or eat the $10 and pay full price for NSMBU.

Why would I sell them on ebay? I don't want the money dude, I just wanted that one coupon bro. You should worry about yourself and not worry about what I'm doing. If it matters to you so much post your ESPN, Prototype, and 2 headset coupons. A lot of people don't even use that $10 off coupon, it was just an offer. No one has to accept it, it's not like I was putting a gun to their head forcing them to fork it over. Hey but thanks for caring so much. I'll feel good when I go to sleep every night now knowing that YBX87 cares so much about what I do.
this is obviously not a trade thread, if you want to trade , take it there

this is obviously not a trade thread, if you want to trade , take it there

You'd have to trick a manager into an override since you need a valid GCU membership scan for the computer to take off the discount and it says GCU only on the coupon itself.

I'd just spend the $15 to renew and do it legit, or eat the $10 and pay full price for NSMBU.
Yeah, this is by far the biggest hit for me. Between that and repeat coupons it's like they are trying to be dicks.

Last edited:

In that case I don't care then - definitely not renewing, not only do the deals blow now but the employees are just way too frustrating to deal with ever since they did away with the game kiosk.

I assumed anyone could use the coupons because of everyone trading & asking for them in the past.

In that case I don't care then - definitely not renewing, not only do the deals blow now but the employees are just way too frustrating to deal with ever since they did away with the game kiosk.  

I assumed anyone could use the coupons because of everyone trading & asking for them in the past. 
i think people were talking about the online use codes, they send to you when you become digitial

Has been confirmed that Microsoft will make a headset adapter for the Xbox One. I can see astro partnering with next gen consoles to make it work seeing that it is MLG used, Im sure turtlebeach will pay something to make theirs work also.I can't see why my a50s won't work on the ps4 seeing it is only optical in and USB powered. Seeing the mic input to the ps4 is the same as the Xbox now using a talkback cable should work.
Your a50's will get audio out, sure, but Sony hasn't confirmed that anything other than their Pulse sets will work for audio in/chat.

And Microsoft has announced an "adapter" for existing headsets that will enable chat but hasn't given an availability date or a price. They also haven't said if 360 headsets using the adapter will benefit from the One's new chat features (stereo chat instead of mono, higher bitrate).

Like everyone with a headset that I'm happy with, I hope these things all shake out in consumers' favor. But MS in particular has said that they're hoping to have more control over accessories this gen and are requiring authentication/licensing, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

So is my location the only one that still has a gaming desk w/employee?
Maybe. All we have in this city is a woman who is anywhere but that section who is part of the "department".

I got the@Gamer e-mail today. Can I access coupons now?

Is the coupon for re-upping with GCU still the B2G1? Is that for new or for used games? How long does the coupon last? I.e. if I get the coupon now(ish) will it still be usable when next gen games come out in 5-6 weeks.

Is the coupon for re-upping with GCU still the B2G1? Is that for new or for used games? How long does the coupon last? I.e. if I get the coupon now(ish) will it still be usable when next gen games come out in 5-6 weeks.
I got 4 coupons:

B2G1 Free new games $39.99 or less

B2G1 Free Pre-owned games

10% off digital purchase up to $14.99

50% off a strategy guide.

I renewed about a week ago and the coupons are good through 10/31

I got 4 coupons:

Excellent, thank you very much. So it seems the coupons are good for a month or so. It's a shame the new games coupon is limited to games $40 or less but I suppose I can pick up a couple Vita/3DS games if I feel so inclined. Thanks again!

I got my coupons after not getting coupons for about 4 or 5 months. I'm thinking the system recognized me again after BB did the revamp from RZ to MyBestBuy. 

f you say so champ, personally I wouldn't touch Tank! even if it were free (which it now is IIRC lol). I'd rather have the memory than have that turd taking up any of my space. I suppose the physical version is good for a flip, but I can't imagine the game having any worthwhile TiV anywhere. Hell, I was amazed to find that Amazon offers over $3 for it (though that would barely cover the gas to pick the turd up). The $20 promos were cool, but they don't do that anymore.
It was a free to $20 flip moron. Paid for sub right there.

i got a question for those who has digital, how can i access my mag, i tried both email and thg acct number provided on the email. i'm using an ipad and it says authentication failed.

i got a question for those who has digital, how can i access my mag, i tried both email and thg acct number provided on the email. i'm using an ipad and it says authentication failed.
I wish I could help you that but ever since they switched to digital I haven't even looked at them.

This might help actually try

http://atgamermagazine.com/

you might be able to find the answers there

I got 4 coupons:

Got my coupons which are good through November 30th. Didn't realize that I can't use them on BestBuy.com or pick up orders which sucks. The Best Buy near me doesn't have a very good used game section, might need to wait until I can get near a better/bigger Best Buy. It'll get used eventually.

Got my coupons which are good through November 30th. Didn't realize that I can't use them on BestBuy.com or pick up orders which sucks. The Best Buy near me doesn't have a very good used game section, might need to wait until I can get near a better/bigger Best Buy. It'll get used eventually.
A little YMMV but if you can get the used stuff shipped to you then you can take it to the store and probably get them to do a return and rebuy it with the coupon. The used stuff I've returned has always gone onto the floor at that store so if it's not open it shouldn't be a problem, at least in theory.

I contacted the CMs on Unboxed about 2.5 weeks ago and I still haven't gotten my welcome coupons that were never sent to me. GDI, I have stuff I wanna use them on in the very near future. Come on!

Does anyone have a $10 off preowned? I signed up for GCU this week but still haven't received the magazine. I did get the promo one though. I'm willing to trade 50% off strategy guide & 10% off download for the $10 off preowned if anyone wants. 

bread's done
Back