Best Buy @Gamer Coupons expire 10/6 Mass Effect 3 $10, Lollipop Chainsaw $20 360 PS3

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']I don't get why so many people are on the fence about Lollipop Chainsaw for $20. If nothing else you could buy it, play it for a few days, and trade it in to get all your money back plus you'd get credit for the purchase and trade on your reward zone card. The game trades at $10, doubled to $20, and the extra 10% makes it $21. If you're even slightly interested in it it's worth getting now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I guess that's what I'm going to do then.

That's exactly what I've been saying.[/QUOTE]
That's assuming the TIV doesn't dip by the time I finish it, which is difficult since with limited free time, I'd rather play borderlands 2 with the Mrs.

And trips to BBY is time and gas coming into the equation....might as well get it at $10 sometime and have no pressure in beating it.

[quote name='gldoorii']I said...oh...well...then I'd like to return the game. He asked my "why?" and I told him "well, I'll return the game and get my $30 back...and then use another coupon and re-buy the game and it will be $20, so I'll get my $10 back that way." (my friend had a coupon he wasn't going to use). The employee looked at me and told me he would not allow me to return the game or purchase another one and then asked me to leave the store.[/QUOTE]

Next time tell him you'd like to return it out of spite, there's no way he can refuse that...

Seinfeld.png

I'm really enjoying Lollipop Chainsaw so far. It's the most fun I've had with a SUDA51 game and might actually finish this one. (didn't finish Killer7 or SoTD but enjoyed them a bit). I like the fact that I'm not thinking "what exactly is going on here???" 75% of the time.

[quote name='Kerig']Next time tell him you'd like to return it out of spite, there's no way he can refuse that...

[/QUOTE]

But you aren't allowed to return open games, right?

[quote name='JohnWayne']Did you trade them all with the envelope that they give you? And is every ps2 game worth 25 cents at best buy?[/QUOTE]

These are the highest valued PS2 game TIVs at BB(all base value):

Battle Engine Aquila-$1
EyeToy AntiGrav-$1
Final Fantasy XI-$1
The Dog Island-$0.50

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I guess that's what I'm going to do then.
[/QUOTE]

If the 100% is extended, it 'could' go up in TIV after the sale.

Does anyone know if best buy had any deals on Xbox live gold subs on black Friday last year? I got my friends $15 off coupon from the COD mag but idk if I should wait til black Friday

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']These are the highest valued PS2 game TIVs at BB(all base value):

Battle Engine Aquila-$1
EyeToy AntiGrav-$1
Final Fantasy XI-$1
The Dog Island-$0.50

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I read in the GameStop thread that only sports titles were 10 for $1, is this true?

[quote name='JohnWayne']Does anyone know if best buy had any deals on Xbox live gold subs on black Friday last year? I got my friends $15 off coupon from the COD mag but idk if I should wait til black Friday[/QUOTE]

If your membership isn't due before then, why not wait?

[quote name='JohnWayne']Thanks for the info, I read in the GameStop thread that only sports titles were 10 for $1, is this true?[/QUOTE]

You're Welcome and no, there are all types of games in that sale(what's left of them, lol). People have all kinds of lists throughout that thread.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']If your membership isn't due before then, why not wait?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I guess, I'm just nervous I'll end having to pay the full price if there is no deal. My friend did tell me that he snagged four 3-month subs for $7 bucks each at best buy during black Friday but I said no way they would sell those for so cheap, can anyone confirm this by any chance?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']If the 100% is extended, it 'could' go up in TIV after the sale.[/QUOTE]
It could. Or it could go down even further. Either way, I'm likely getting rid of my copy of BF3 I finished as well. So between the two I've broke even on them.:) Not to mention I'm gonna be at BB today anyway for an interview, so might as well kill some time before they call me in. :D

[quote name='JohnWayne']Yeah I guess, I'm just nervous I'll end having to pay the full price if there is no deal. My friend did tell me that he snagged four 3-month subs for $7 bucks each at best buy during black Friday but I said no way they would sell those for so cheap, can anyone confirm this by any chance?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm too lazy to check for the exact amount, but I think they were $8. You can search for the Black Friday thread from last year for confirmation.

Yeah, I actually took IATCG's advice and picked up Lollipop. I have so much credit at Best Buy that I figured it wouldn't hurt.

Anyway, I'll definitely be trading it back to them on Saturday, lol. The gameplay is appallingly simple and one dimensional. The story and dialogue are hardly funny. I "get it" ...but, still, I "don't get" what all the fucking hype is about. This game should have been a $10 digital download at best. Just to give people an idea: I've played it for about 2 hours and already, I'm 2 levels away from completion (out of a of total 5). You could beat this in one sitting! For those who go for all the trophies/achievements, I'm not sure how long it'd take to do that. And I suppose there's a little replay value with leaderboards, collectibles and difficulty hikes (which, again, likely have corresponding trophies)...but, meh, I'm done once I beat the final boss.

I'm enjoying Lollipop so far, I'm only 2 levels in so far.. but then again I like the run and slash type games. I'm gonna get ME3 and Battlefield today, I can use reward zone certificates with these coupons right?

[quote name='breakfuss']Yeah, I actually took IATCG's advice and picked up Lollipop. I have so much credit at Best Buy that I figured it wouldn't hurt.

Anyway, I'll definitely be trading it back to them on Saturday, lol. The gameplay is appallingly simple and one dimensional. The story and dialogue are hardly funny. I "get it" ...but, still, I "don't get" what all the fucking hype is about. This game should have been a $10 digital download at best. Just to give people an idea: I've played it for about 2 hours and already, I'm 2 levels away from completion (out of a of total 5). You could beat this in one sitting! For those who go for all the trophies/achievements, I'm not sure how long it'd take to do that. And I suppose there's a little replay value with leaderboards, collectibles and difficulty hikes (which, again, likely have corresponding trophies)...but, meh, I'm done once I beat the final boss.[/QUOTE]

+1. I have no idea how this could ever be considered a $60.00 game. Even with action games that are mind numbing, they would often compensate by having high quality/expensive production values (e.g. great sound track, awesome graphics, etc.
This game is a button masher mess, with below par graphics to make it even more painful.

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']I don't get why so many people are on the fence about Lollipop Chainsaw for $20. If nothing else you could buy it, play it for a few days, and trade it in to get all your money back plus you'd get credit for the purchase and trade on your reward zone card. The game trades at $10, doubled to $20, and the extra 10% makes it $21. If you're even slightly interested in it it's worth getting now.[/QUOTE]

Probably because people have other stuff to play now or in the near future. I have some self control these days and wont buy a backlog game for more than $10. That trade value wont be near that amount after i get around to playing it.

[quote name='dragonjud']+1. I have no idea how this could ever be considered a $60.00 game. Even with action games that are mind numbing, they would often compensate by having high quality/expensive production values (e.g. great sound track, awesome graphics, etc.
This game is a button masher mess, with below par graphics to make it even more painful.[/QUOTE]

They figured suckers would buy it because there's a cartoon cheerleader on the cover.

Lollipop Chainsaw. I was mildly offended by the idea of the game when it first came out, but yesterday the combination of cheap, quick, and tradeable convinced me to take a chance.

I picked up Lollipop yesterday and finished story mode in an evening. Completing all the trophies would take longer, but it's something I've surprisingly found I'd be willing to do. The story was silly, the violence was over the top, the dialogue and characters had life and wit, and occasionally even made me laugh. So many games I play are trying to convince you that "this is the most super serious shit ever, bro" and I thought it would be nice to try something different for a few hours. I got exactly what I wanted with LC. I had a good time, better than expected really, and I may even hang onto it at this point to 100%.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Did you trade them all with the envelope that they give you? And is every ps2 game worth 25 cents at best buy?[/QUOTE]

I swapped them out into some old jewel cases sitting in a box in my basement. I didn't want make it blatantly obvious I was trading in gamestop games. I have good relationships most of the employees at my best buy and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

[quote name='exopuppy']lollipop chainsaw. I was mildly offended by the idea of the game when it first came out, but yesterday the combination of cheap, quick, and tradeable convinced me to take a chance.

I picked up lollipop yesterday and finished story mode in an evening. Completing all the trophies would take longer, but it's something i've surprisingly found i'd be willing to do. The story was silly, the violence was over the top, the dialogue and characters had life and wit, and occasionally even made me laugh. So many games i play are trying to convince you that "this is the most super serious shit ever, bro" and i thought it would be nice to try something different for a few hours. I got exactly what i wanted with lc. I had a good time, better than expected really, and i may even hang onto it at this point to 100%.[/quote]
^ this

not everyone is in the mood for mass effect every day.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It could. Or it could go down even further. Either way, I'm likely getting rid of my copy of BF3 I finished as well. So between the two I've broke even on them.:) Not to mention I'm gonna be at BB today anyway for an interview, so might as well kill some time before they call me in. :D[/QUOTE]

Good luck on the interview. They wanted to hire me as a game rep, but the $ and 30 hours max offered was unsatisfying.

I'm going back and forth on Lollipop Chainsaw. Rented it a while back for a few evenings, only had time to play a few levels. Pretty fun, but honestly, it would just sit on the shelf and never get played...and I'm trying to get away from that hoarder mentality. There are other games (or game...Borderlands 2) I'd rather play given my limited free time...and I'm getting XCOM next week, so...
I may even skip out on ME3. It'd be another shelf-sitter. Much like ME1 & 2 before it. I still haven't ever completed ME1.

[quote name='coopscohen']I went back to my local Best Buy and saw another :ps3: ME3 CE on the shelf. I had grabbed the only one they had 2 days ago. I had to grab it even though I had to pay $5 for another magazine. I didn't notice until I got home though that it had a floater disk. I guess that's the one I'll be opening.[/QUOTE]
Please forgive my ignorance but what it a floater disk?

[quote name='Grenadier1stregiment']Please forgive my ignorance but what it a floater disk?[/QUOTE]

Disk popped out of the holster ring. A bouncer.

[quote name='Grenadier1stregiment']Please forgive my ignorance but what it a floater disk?[/QUOTE]

When the disc detaches from the holder and slides around inside the case.

[quote name='confoosious']^ this

not everyone is in the mood for mass effect every day.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm perfectly fine with Lollipop's premise. I bought it for that very reason. It's just that it didn't execute it well. It may not be trying to convince us that's it "super serious, bro", but it's certainly trying way too hard to be "super irreverent and funny". I know this comes down to taste, so it's pointless arguing about it. But I think I laughed a total of 2 times. You want something truly humorous? Try Borderlands 2 -- it's dumb humor smartly done.

Also, I think it's pretty inarguable that LC's combat isn't as fluid as it should be. It's just not responsive. I didn't feel like what I was doing was making much of a difference. It amounted to button mashing (which, IMO, is not the same as hack and slash).

Anyway, I think the game might be worth a rental. But I'd be remiss in my CAG duties if I didn't recommend waiting for an even further price drop, or quickly playing it and trading it in.

SN: If you like trophies, there are plenty of them and they're pretty easy to get. Some seem time consuming, though. Considering that, it may add more value for you.

[quote name='eugaet']I'm going back and forth on Lollipop Chainsaw. Rented it a while back for a few evenings, only had time to play a few levels. Pretty fun, but honestly, it would just sit on the shelf and never get played...and I'm trying to get away from that hoarder mentality. There are other games (or game...Borderlands 2) I'd rather play given my limited free time...and I'm getting XCOM next week, so...
I may even skip out on ME3. It'd be another shelf-sitter. Much like ME1 & 2 before it. I still haven't ever completed ME1.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing though: I used to be upset if a game was only 6-10 hours. Now I find those are the only ones I finish. I can't play consistently every day so I lose continuity and I lose interest even in great games if they go beyond that. I wouldn't pay more than $20 for a LC-type of game, but to me it makes a lot more sense to grab one and plow through on a weekend than keep adding $60 RPGs to my shelf that I abandon before the second act.

I wonder what would happen if someone developed a Mass Effect quality RPG, charged you one price up front (because fuck DLC nickel-and-diming), but released it in 1-2 hour weekly episodes over the course of a year. Sorta like Telltale's Walking Dead game but more like the TV show - week to week they would be more about the character development and self-contained stories, but have an overarching plot arc that resolved at the end of the "season." Maybe I'd do better with something like that?

Definitely pick up Mass Effect 3 and especially Battlefield 3. Get ready to keep coming back to Battlefield 3 for quick and mindlessly fun games of shooting bad guys. I can't put it down after 10 months now. I have been playing ME 3 online everyday since picking it up. It's a lot of fun trying to unlock all the different characters within your class and tryout their unique weapons and powers. Both games' multiplayers are very additive, and absolutely worth the price of admission. :applause:

[quote name='pimpster4183']I'm enjoying Lollipop so far, I'm only 2 levels in so far.. but then again I like the run and slash type games. I'm gonna get ME3 and Battlefield today, I can use reward zone certificates with these coupons right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']Definitely pick up Mass Effect 3 and especially Battlefield 3. Get ready to keep coming back to Battlefield 3 for quick and mindlessly fun games of shooting bad guys. I can't put it down after 10 months now. I have been playing ME 3 online everyday since picking it up. It's a lot of fun trying to unlock all the different characters within your class and tryout their unique weapons and powers. Both games' multiplayers are very additive, and absolutely worth the price of admission. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I HATE the stupid randomness that they implemented in the card packs or packaged or whatever you want to call them.

Friend bought a spectre pack and got the plasma shot gun in his first pack. Got the widow in his 3rd. And within his next 5 packages he bought he got 2 of the strongest classes in the game (Asari Adept and N7 Shadow).

I had to buy 11 Premium Spectre Packs to even get my first N7 (thankfully it was the shadow). Then after that I finally got an N7 weapon, but it was the crappy shotgun. All I want, is to unlock more classes and get the plasma shotgun. But apparently the RNG hates me as always.

I finally just said I'm going to mess with the RNG and max out my common and uncommon items (buy a ton of recruit packages) so that there is a greater chance of Rares in Vet and Spec packages.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Probably because people have other stuff to play now or in the near future. I have some self control these days and wont buy a backlog game for more than $10. That trade value wont be near that amount after i get around to playing it.[/QUOTE]

This. I held off on Lollipop and a few others because even after liquidating my backlog I still have like 10+ games in it. Games like finishing Oblivion (50+ hours), RDR GOTY (never got around to playing), Dragon Age Origins (started on 2) etc. The games I just named will take me well into the beginning of next year.

Not to mention the multiplayer with friends of ME3, MW3 and soon to be BO2.

I even found a $10 copy of D3 at TRU that I passed on because I knew I wouldn't have the time to sink into an MMO. That one took some restraint as I really like blizzard games. But I did snag a second $10 copy of SC2 as my friend bought my old .net account. Man I missed playing a good RTS game.

[quote name='whitereflection']You found $10 copies of Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2? What? Did I read that right?[/QUOTE]

Toys r us

[quote name='whitereflection']You found $10 copies of Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2? What? Did I read that right?[/QUOTE]

TRU clearanced out their whole PC section at all stores, with the exception of WoW MoP.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329365

Most stores are probably well picked over by now.

And yes I skipped RDR and kept saying "I need to buy this" but always found other things to buy. That and I went on a huge WoW kick for a few years.

I feel your pain, bro. I've been purchasing Spectre packs exclusively. I did get the Asari Adept on the 3rd pack, but that's about it. Haven't got a single good gun or character after that, and no N7 character yet. There are a lot of good characters besides the Asari Adept, though. I still like my Soldier human the best, and I hated that class in the demo. The frag grenade is just a game changer. I think I'm going to try your route for a day now, and just concentrate on the Recruit packs, and then the Veteran packs tomorrow. Cheers, mate.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I HATE the stupid randomness that they implemented in the card packs or packaged or whatever you want to call them.

Friend bought a spectre pack and got the plasma shot gun in his first pack. Got the widow in his 3rd. And within his next 5 packages he bought he got 2 of the strongest classes in the game (Asari Adept and N7 Shadow).

I had to buy 11 Premium Spectre Packs to even get my first N7 (thankfully it was the shadow). Then after that I finally got an N7 weapon, but it was the crappy shotgun. All I want, is to unlock more classes and get the plasma shotgun. But apparently the RNG hates me as always.

I finally just said I'm going to mess with the RNG and max out my common and uncommon items (buy a ton of recruit packages) so that there is a greater chance of Rares in Vet and Spec packages.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='strait edge follower']After i do more ps2 trade ins today im wondering if i should get lollypop chainsaw[/QUOTE]

It would be "sweet" if you did

You missed a killer deal and the funny thread that was going on

[quote name='TooPoor']You missed a killer deal and the funny thread that was going on[/QUOTE]
technically, the tru deal was more like a pc clearance sale

[quote name='strait edge follower']After i do more ps2 trade ins today im wondering if i should get lollypop chainsaw[/QUOTE]For what it's worth, Lollipop Chainsaw was a fun game. Hell, even my wife whom never plays video games played it. You get through the game pretty quick though.

[quote name='krashhole']For what it's worth, Lollipop Chainsaw was a fun game. Hell, even my wife whom never plays video games played it. You get through the game pretty quick though.[/QUOTE]

That sounds good ! Too bad its 20 instead of 10 after the coupon

i had bought ME on Sept 3 so i couldnt price match the drop. then i had a hassle trying to pickup Cinderella i had reserved and using my Avengers deposit too. long wait sent from checkout to customer service, waited, then they had a void to wait for.....

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It could. Or it could go down even further. Either way, I'm likely getting rid of my copy of BF3 I finished as well. So between the two I've broke even on them.:) Not to mention I'm gonna be at BB today anyway for an interview, so might as well kill some time before they call me in. :D[/QUOTE]

True, lol.

Good luck to you!:D

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']True, lol.

Good luck to you!:D[/QUOTE]
Thanks. You know what sucks though is that in my rush to get out of there after my interview I failed to spend that mystery RZ certificate they sent me(which wasn't a mystery cuz I used a guide I found online to determine the value, which was $5).

It sucks that they only give you till the 13th to spend it though, as I'd really like to wait for my $5 RZ certificate I'm going to have soon to post to my account.:bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thanks. You know what sucks though is that in my rush to get out of there after my interview I failed to spend that mystery RZ certificate they sent me(which wasn't a mystery cuz I used a guide I found online to determine the value, which was $5).

It sucks that they only give you till the 13th to spend it though, as I'd really like to wait for my $5 RZ certificate I'm going to have soon to post to my account.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Noo.... Forgot to use mine also

I just received My @Gamer mag in the mail with all new coupons FU** the $10 CoD special edition Ill stick with the one I was suppose to get with my membership!! FTW

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Noo.... Forgot to use mine also[/QUOTE]

I've done it too. Put the rz cert in my back left pocket and forget to grab it because i go in my back right pocket for the wallet

Tried to get a $10 refund for ME3 this evening but the store's system was down and they couldn't retrieve my receipt to do it. I'm going to have to try tomorrow.

It shouldn't matter that I used a RZ certificate and the $20 off @gamer coupon, correct? I should still get the refund? I know it's probably YMMV but is the policy of the store to actually do a price adjustment no matter the payment method for the original item?

bread's done
Back