Best Buy @Gamer Coupons expire 10/6 Mass Effect 3 $10, Lollipop Chainsaw $20 360 PS3

Was able to order a ME3:CE in store; was only ~$20...was surprised enough by that (was expecting $35.99), don't know how others got it for $10...

When to Best Buy today for some reason they only charge me $16 for Lollipop Chainsaw and $8 each for ME3 N7 Edition,BF3, Prototype 2 CE this is with the coupon. It could be cause I'm a silver member but I only had to paid $40+tax so I did save a couple of buck :)

I also kinda tempted to take the coupon from this month's magazine at the store but I'll wait for my bro's copy to come in the mail. Wanted the coupon for XBL, PSN+ and Sleeping Dogs.

@EarthBoundX5 There's a $20 off coupon for ME3 it comes in the Gamer Magazine but the CE only works on the PS3 version.

[quote name='krashhole']For what it's worth, Lollipop Chainsaw was a fun game. Hell, even my wife whom never plays video games played it. You get through the game pretty quick though.[/QUOTE]

Dangit, I want this. You can't beat a hot white girl in a cheerleaders outfit (+ the unlockable bikini) :drool: but I think $20 is too much for it. Also, zombies + Halloween would be sweet :(

[quote name='Needles-Kane'] You can't beat a hot white girl in a cheerleaders outfit...[/QUOTE]

I, for one, am opposed to beating girls of any color.

[quote name='MissRiot0721']When to Best Buy today for some reason they only charge me $16 for Lollipop Chainsaw and $8 each for ME3 N7 Edition,BF3, Prototype 2 CE this is with the coupon. It could be cause I'm a silver member but I only had to paid $40+tax so I did save a couple of buck :)
[/QUOTE]
Did they override all the prices? $8 for Prototype 2 CE is great since it should have been $30.

[quote name='MissRiot0721']When to Best Buy today for some reason they only charge me $16 for Lollipop Chainsaw and $8 each for ME3 N7 Edition,BF3, Prototype 2 CE this is with the coupon. It could be cause I'm a silver member but I only had to paid $40+tax so I did save a couple of buck :)[/QUOTE]
Did you maybe just use a rewards certificate....?

[quote name='MissRiot0721']@EarthBoundX5 There's a $20 off coupon for ME3 it comes in the Gamer Magazine but the CE only works on the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I know...thats kinda what this whole thread is about...anyways I used that coupon on the CE for the 360 to get it for ~$20; but now I see that the PS3 CE is listed at $30, so I'm guessing those $10 copies are just coupon + PS3 CE.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Did you maybe just use a rewards certificate....?

Ya, I know...thats kinda what this whole thread is about...anyways I used that coupon on the CE for the 360 to get it for ~$20; but now I see that the PS3 CE is listed at $30, so I'm guessing those $10 copies are just coupon + PS3 CE.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the rz certs would take $22 off prototype 2 ce and only $2 and $4 off everything else. It seems to be applied to each item based on how much it cost and what % it is of the subtotal.

Wow, you're lucky you found a 360 ME3 CE copy.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I don't think the rz certs would take $22 off prototype 2 ce and only $2 and $4 off everything else. It seems to be applied to each item based on how much it cost and what % it is of the subtotal.

Wow, you're lucky you found a 360 ME3 CE copy.[/QUOTE]

Oh ya, skipped over the mention of prototype, just looked at dollar amounts and games next to them...ya, seems weird, I'd definitely be in for prototype 2 ce at $8!

[quote name='shajek']Lollipop Chainsaw: $5.36 inc tax
Coupon, $5 RZ Cert, $10 Shopkick credit[/QUOTE]

That's not really contributing to the discussion. You're just saying that you paid $20, just like everyone else.

[quote name='Grecco']Is the coupon valid today?[/QUOTE]

Read the op or the title. Yes they are good through the 6th

CRAP. When I register for the Unlocked membership I left my code that I received at home which is a hour away from where I'm going to school at. I went to BB to see if they could figure it out but they said they don't know how. Is there a way I can get this code through BB?

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']CRAP. When I register for the Unlocked membership I left my code that I received at home which is a hour away from where I'm going to school at. I went to BB to see if they could figure it out but they said they don't know how. Is there a way I can get this code through BB?[/QUOTE]

Did you link your GZ account to your RZ one? If so, the phone number you listed should be all that is needed.

There are instructions in the BBY forums on how to do this.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Was able to order a ME3:CE in store; was only ~$20...was surprised enough by that (was expecting $35.99), don't know how others got it for $10...[/QUOTE]

The PS3 CE is $29.99

[quote name='Byakurai']That's not really contributing to the discussion. You're just saying that you paid $20, just like everyone else.[/QUOTE]

And this contributed what? :roll:

[quote name='aircobra']The PS3 CE is $29.99

And this contributed what? :roll:[/QUOTE]

It contributed by suggesting to the poster that he shouldn't post his purchases like that. At first glance I thought the poster somehow got Lollipop Chainsaw for $5.36. I read the rest of the post and quickly realized that he didn't, but for a fleeting second I thought they had dropped the price of LC again.

[quote name='aircobra']
And this contributed what? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Cool! Didn't know Jeff Bell posted on CAG.

Has it been announced whether ME1 will be a download voucher or be disc-based once the ME Trilogy for PS3 comes out? I've got ME2 already, but still deciding if I want to go ahead and get ME3 using the coupon. Or may just trade-in ME2 and get the trilogy altogether once it's out.

Didn't it say that The ME Trilogy will be all in one disc? They also said that you can choose to download ME1 in the PS Store too if you already have 2 and 3.
Not really sure though.

[quote name='heavenscloud']Has it been announced whether ME1 will be a download voucher or be disc-based once the ME Trilogy for PS3 comes out? I've got ME2 already, but still deciding if I want to go ahead and get ME3 using the coupon. Or may just trade-in ME2 and get the trilogy altogether once it's out.[/QUOTE]
ME1 is a download. The trilogy set will retail for $60 when it is released. You are better off getting ME3 + ME1 later for $25 than that

just picked up Lollipop Chainsaw at Best Buy, the rep let me scan the coupon in the magazine without having to buy it, that was really cool of him. It was a used copy too so that saved me a little.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Did you link your GZ account to your RZ one? If so, the phone number you listed should be all that is needed.

There are instructions in the BBY forums on how to do this.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by my phone number? How would I use it?

I didn't find anything on the BB forums. I did post a topic but I doubt I'll get a response anytime soon.

Can someone explain me the process into getting my code to subscribe?

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']What do you mean by my phone number? How would I use it?

I didn't find anything on the BB forums. I did post a topic but I doubt I'll get a response anytime soon.

Can someone explain me the process into getting my code to subscribe?[/QUOTE]

I guess I could have added more detail.

Basically, there is a way to link your Gamer Zone Unlocked membership with the free Rewards Zone membership on the website. Look for an option in your main BBY account after you've logged in, on your "My Account" page. Adding a phone number will enable you to use it just like your RZ card number, so whenever you forget to bring your card to the store, you can just tell the clerk your phone number and your details will pop up for all of the eligible discounts, etc.

But this won't help you if you don't know your RZ number to begin with.

You can't call someone back home and ask them to give you the number? Whatever the the number you need? Also you can not sign up for GCU without having a reward zone account and your reward zone account always needs a phone number. So they should be able to look up you reward zone account with your phone number and that is how they access your GCU info.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']I guess I could have added more detail.

Basically, there is a way to link your Gamer Zone Unlocked membership with the free Rewards Zone membership on the website. Look for an option in your main BBY account after you've logged in, on your "My Account" page. Adding a phone number will enable you to use it just like your RZ card number, so whenever you forget to bring your card to the store, you can just tell the clerk your phone number and your details will pop up for all of the eligible discounts, etc.

But this won't help you if you don't know your RZ number to begin with.[/QUOTE]

It is linked already.

Ok I should have mentioned this: When I go into the app for the @Gamer mag, there's a Subscribe Online option. I clicked that and it takes me to the webpage that says "Please sign in to the digital edition if @GAMER mag using the subscription account number found in your email."

That is the number I don't know. I tried my RZ member ID and that didn't work.

[quote name='therealdanhill']just picked up Lollipop Chainsaw at Best Buy, the rep let me scan the coupon in the magazine without having to buy it, that was really cool of him. It was a used copy too so that saved me a little.[/QUOTE]

On BestBuy.com Lollipop Chainsaw is actually $5 more for a used copy. $39.99 new, $44.99 used.

[quote name='mars009']Score!!! Got ME3 CE for $10 :D[/QUOTE]

I'm happy for everyone who managed to get this for $10.

I was just denied a return/rebuy to get it for the lower price because "the coupon is tied to your account and can only be used once."

Sad panda, I might have used that 20 towards LP or P2.

[quote name='Havok83']ME1 is a download. The trilogy set will retail for $60 when it is released. You are better off getting ME3 + ME1 later for $25 than that[/QUOTE]
What the fuck is it with companies putting out collections, then making a portion of them download only?:bomb: Not everybody has super fast internet, plus some of us prefer to have actual physical discs so we can resell them if we get bored and don't wanna keep them as part of some dusty collection.:roll:

It's like the God Of War III Ultimate Edition with the Pandora's Box replica. Here it came out with all of the extras being download codes. In Europe, not only were all of those extras on CD's or DVD's, but they even threw in the God Of War Collection game with their version in it's full retail packaging and on a disc.

It just seems like the US gets short changed on these collections and some CE's at times.

Even in the God Of War Saga that just came out, the PSP games that were released for PS3 and have a physical disc version out were back to being download codes? Seriously? Like plunking an extra Blu-Ray into the package would cost them that much at this point?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up, OP. Grabbed my $10 copy of Mass Effect 3. To go with the unopened copy of Mass Effect 2 in my backlog from the spring coupons...lol

[quote name='eLefAdEr']I'm happy for everyone who managed to get this for $10.

I was just denied a return/rebuy to get it for the lower price because "the coupon is tied to your account and can only be used once."

Sad panda, I might have used that 20 towards LP or P2.[/QUOTE]

dude what a complete lie.

went to get this last night, and my best buy already got rid of the mags for the new ones. the guy gave me $5 off, and i didn't want to say no since he was really trying to be helpful. i returned this morning, and told them i was going to buy used at gamestop with my 20% powerup coupon. the guy matched the gamestop price with my card discount and the coupon. so, even though it was a little higher than new with the coupon, i was still happy with the experience.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What the fuck is it with companies putting out collections, then making a portion of them download only?:bomb: Not everybody has super fast internet, plus some of us prefer to have actual physical discs so we can resell them if we get bored and don't wanna keep them as part of some dusty collection.:roll:

It's like the God Of War III Ultimate Edition with the Pandora's Box replica. Here it came out with all of the extras being download codes. In Europe, not only were all of those extras on CD's or DVD's, but they even threw in the God Of War Collection game with their version in it's full retail packaging and on a disc.

It just seems like the US gets short changed on these collections and some CE's at times.

Even in the God Of War Saga that just came out, the PSP games that were released for PS3 and have a physical disc version out were back to being download codes? Seriously? Like plunking an extra Blu-Ray into the package would cost them that much at this point?[/QUOTE]

i don't think it has anything to do with the extra disc being made. it's more like the online pass situation. just an incentive for people to buy new over used. since, more than likely, the code inside will already be redeemed inside a used copy.

Today's the day I felt like a real DB for being a Cheap-Ass Gamer. I went back to BB for my $10.91 refund on ME3 and it took almost a half-hour. At my store the only registers that are open during the day are the ones at customer service so I had to hold up a line of people trying to return items, pick up orders, and drop off computer stuff for the Geek Squad. Seeing a line of people waiting for me to finish getting my $10 made me feel like a complete jerk.

I did manage to get the refund but since I used a RZ certificate and the @gamer coupon, I had to get part of the adjustment in the form of a giftcard and part in cash, so I wound up with $8.XX on a giftcard and $2.XX in cash. Really weird. It took two customer service reps and a manager to figure the whole thing out.

I went to a far away BB and was able to pm D3 and SC2. I also picked up the last 2 ME3CEs they had in stock, since they were closing in 15 minutes. I had to buy 2 mags, but they are still worth it at $15 each.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Today's the day I felt like a real DB for being a Cheap-Ass Gamer. I went back to BB for my $10.91 refund on ME3 and it took almost a half-hour. At my store the only registers that are open during the day are the ones at customer service so I had to hold up a line of people trying to return items, pick up orders, and drop off computer stuff for the Geek Squad. Seeing a line of people waiting for me to finish getting my $10 made me feel like a complete jerk.

I did manage to get the refund but since I used a RZ certificate and the @gamer coupon, I had to get part of the adjustment in the form of a giftcard and part in cash, so I wound up with $8.XX on a giftcard and $2.XX in cash. Really weird. It took two customer service reps and a manager to figure the whole thing out.[/QUOTE]
Dude, your BB are Cheap asses... At my local BB they have at least 1 normal register open, 1 CS person, and 1 In-Store Pick-up person who doubles as the geek squad drop off person the entire time they're open plus the manager who takes over a register if the lines get long.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Today's the day I felt like a real DB for being a Cheap-Ass Gamer. I went back to BB for my $10.91 refund on ME3 and it took almost a half-hour. At my store the only registers that are open during the day are the ones at customer service so I had to hold up a line of people trying to return items, pick up orders, and drop off computer stuff for the Geek Squad. Seeing a line of people waiting for me to finish getting my $10 made me feel like a complete jerk.

I did manage to get the refund but since I used a RZ certificate and the @gamer coupon, I had to get part of the adjustment in the form of a giftcard and part in cash, so I wound up with $8.XX on a giftcard and $2.XX in cash. Really weird. It took two customer service reps and a manager to figure the whole thing out.[/QUOTE]
You're still a customer just like them, so if they're getting impatient/huffy over the delay, then maybe they need to schedule their trips to BB when there's more registers open.

Normally I just stand there anymore and chuckle when someone gets pissy after the person in front of them has taken longer than 3 minutes to get rung up and out of the store.

[quote name='metallicoholic'] At my store the only registers that are open during the day are the ones at customer service so I had to hold up a line of people trying to return items, pick up orders, and drop off computer stuff for the Geek Squad. Seeing a line of people waiting for me to finish getting my $10 made me feel like a complete jerk.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were going to say you were holding up people trying to buy stuff. All the things you listed are normal Customer Service transactions, and so is price adjusting.

Usually the CS staff try to prioritize store pickups, but nobody else should be surprised that they had to wait for you to get your price adjusted. You all could be legitimately annoyed, though, if it took more than a few minutes.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thanks. You know what sucks though is that in my rush to get out of there after my interview I failed to spend that mystery RZ certificate they sent me(which wasn't a mystery cuz I used a guide I found online to determine the value, which was $5).

It sucks that they only give you till the 13th to spend it though, as I'd really like to wait for my $5 RZ certificate I'm going to have soon to post to my account.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Well...:whistle2:k...I guess I could allow you to give me your mystery $5 for 10 PS2 sport games
lmao, I haven't gotten in on that 10/$1 deal
. Or, you could do that upgrade deal for the $5 off movie coupon and get a $10 bluray for just the tax on the $10: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329218

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329479

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Well...:whistle2:k...I guess I could allow you to give me your mystery $5 for 10 PS2 sport games
lmao, I haven't gotten in on that 10/$1 deal
. Or, you could do that upgrade deal for the $5 off movie coupon and get a $10 bluray for just the tax on the $10: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329218

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329479 [/QUOTE]

True. But as it stands I haven't even watched the :br:Pillars Of The Earth series that I had BB PM Amazon on a while ago for $25.:whistle2:#

What a great use of $25 in credit.:roll::whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']True. But as it stands I haven't even watched the :br:Pillars Of The Earth series that I had BB PM Amazon on a while ago for $25.:whistle2:#

What a great use of $25 in credit.:roll::whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
Speaking of $25 in credit, did you remember to order your $25 GS GC from e-Rewards on Monday?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No I didn't. I actually just redeemed one in August, so the quarter isn't up yet I think.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't matter. It's every calendar quarter regardless. Give it a shot.

[quote name='klimb22']Doesn't matter. It's every calendar quarter regardless. Give it a shot.[/QUOTE]
I just redeemed one now. So lo and behold it IS every calendar quarter and not just every 3 months from when you last redeemed one. Weird.

Of course, now I only have $26 left in the account and normally it takes so fuckin' long to get up to that $50 level.:bomb:

[quote name='paayter']dude what a complete lie.[/QUOTE]

You mean they lied to me?

Because that's what I was told. It was also indicated as a clearance item, so I don't know if that factored into it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']True. But as it stands I haven't even watched the :br:Pillars Of The Earth series that I had BB PM Amazon on a while ago for $25.:whistle2:#

What a great use of $25 in credit.:roll::whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
$25 for a Blu-Ray? And one you haven't watched yet? Who are you and what have you done with IATCG?

Can anyone tell me the expiration for ME3 online pass? (PS3 ver if that makes a difference)

I'm not big into corridor shooters so i'd rather keep this sealed to give as a gift but if its going to expire before christmas I should give it before then.

This is EA after all, who literally stopped putting online passes in Skate 3 and NFS Hot Pursuit. I kinda feel like it will be a year at best.

bread's done
Back