Best Buy is Replenishing Ocarina Of Time 3ds New

One could use WWE gifs to express that, lol.
zvCw1LK.gif

Same narrative as many others: my Best Buy had 13 in stock, but they were all still in the back. Also got to stack my $5-off-$30 coupon that I got when I joined GCU last month, though they had to manually apply it with a coupon override for some reason. Anyway, thanks OP!

I don't understand why Nintendo let this go out of print anyway, it makes no sense. It's sold over 3.8 million and one of 3DS' top sellers of all time. Then the second hand market goes up like crazy when Nintendo could be making money on it. It's stupid.

I don't understand why Nintendo let this go out of print anyway, it makes no sense. It's sold over 3.8 million and one of 3DS' top sellers of all time. Then the second hand market goes up like crazy when Nintendo could be making money on it. It's stupid.
Or genius. Judging by how many Amiibos they have sold, I'd say they know exactly how to play the supply and demand game.

They've wanted to make more Amiibos for a long time. It's never genius to not have something out that will make money.
It costs money to print and stock the games. At some point over the past four years, sales probably slowed to the point where it didn't make fiscal sense for them to keep it in regular circulation. From there, they can reprint small batches every now-and-then to capitalize on the small (but fervent) demand, kinda like what they're doing right now. Makes sense to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it had to do with the OoT carts being used as an exploit for CFW.

Thanks OP. I went into the store and there was none on the shelves. I went to customer service and had them check the sku. The system said they had 17 in stock but after them searching 20 minutes in the back, they said the truck wasn't fully unloaded and that it may not be able to be purchased till tomorrow. For my wait the customer service representative said she could order one from the warehouse and have it shipped and she gave me HALF OFF for my troubles. With GCU it came out to 16.99 + tax. SCORE ! :D

My store had a few in back but said he couldn't sell them yet. Maybe Nintendo put a date on them for some sort of promotion? I don't know why but he wouldn't get me one. Guess I'll check back in a few days. Weird.

My store had a few in back but said he couldn't sell them yet. Maybe Nintendo put a date on them for some sort of promotion? I don't know why but he wouldn't get me one. Guess I'll check back in a few days. Weird.
That would explain why the cashier kept getting an error when they tried to apply my coupon.

I thought it had to do with the OoT carts being used as an exploit for CFW.
Yeah that likely sounds like the real reason. Maybe I'll check the alternative forums to see if this reprint has that exploit still, it may have been fixed.

I don't buy the sales slowed any more than other older Nintendo games still on the shelves honestly.

Ok.
I just got back from my local Best Buy.
I did not see any on the shelf so they checked in the back for me and nothing.
But when I gave the awesome guy the SKU I got from here earlier he looked it up on their system for me.
He checked it all out and pulled up the inventory for that SKU in all of the stores in our area.
All but 2 or 3 stores in the area just got a shipment of at least 4.
The 2 or 3 were getting them in this week. Mine was one of those.
But I was able to pre-buy one and will pick it up when it comes in this week.
Woo hoo!

My bestbuy had like 4 copies, but i couldn't pull the trigger on it. Do you guys think i should have bought a copy? Or should i wait for a black friday deal on it?

My bestbuy had like 4 copies, but i couldn't pull the trigger on it. Do you guys think i should have bought a copy? Or should i wait for a black friday deal on it?
If Best Buy is getting a shipment all of a sudden, most likely they will be at all retailers and it's probably not just a short term thing.

A good way to tell is anyone who bought one, does the Copyright in the fine print on the back have the year 2015 on it? It's a little trick I use on some thing to find out what type of production run the item is. That would probably at least tell you if it was reprinted or extra stock from somewhere, although I guess they could just keep the same year.

If Best Buy is getting a shipment all of a sudden, most likely they will be at all retailers and it's probably not just a short term thing.

A good way to tell is anyone who bought one, does the Copyright in the fine print on the back have the year 2015 on it? It's a little trick I use on some thing to find out what type of production run the item is. That would probably at least tell you if it was reprinted or extra stock from somewhere, although I guess they could just keep the same year.
Local Best Buy had 4 total. Date shows 2011 on the back. $31.99 with GCU before tax.

(Edited due to insomnia)

Local Best Buy had 4 total. Date shows 2011 on the back. Rang up $31.99 with GCU before tax for some reason. Said bundle discount of $8.00 on receipt. Not sure what gave me a bundle as the only item with an asterisk is the game itself. Either way, I'll take it.
... because you get 20% off new games with GCU.

I went to my local BB store today, they can't find any on shelve or on their system .. but of course I didn't know about SKU # untill now .. I will retry again tomorrow ..

Time to clear out all the local BB in my area to flip on ebay for mad duck it's.

Ok.
I just got back from my local Best Buy.
But when I gave the awesome guy the SKU I got from here earlier he looked it up on their system for me.
He checked it all out and pulled up the inventory for that SKU in all of the stores in our area.
The 2 or 3 were getting them in this week. Mine was one of those.
But I was able to pre-buy one and will pick it up when it comes in this week.
Woo hoo!
I thought this was an acrostic but then I was disappointed.

Local Best Buy had 4 total. Date shows 2011 on the back. $31.99 with GCU before tax.

(Edited due to insomnia)
Thanks for the info. Then maybe it is just leftover stock Best Buy somehow just pulled out of nowhere like a Shop At Home baseball card collection.

I think one of the reasons is to drive people to go digital with the second market raises the price sky high

I was able to get one from my local Best Buy today and indeed they do have them. I just went in and ask them for a copy as it seems they didnt have them on the shelves at my bb so i ask an employee to look it up and they go looking on their website and it will say not available. So i ask them to look up the SKU number n the employee found some in stock in their system so he went in the back to check and voila they did have them. This copy is the USA version but it didnt have the gold anniversay paper like it did when it first came out. Good luck to those looking for them.

I thought this was an acrostic but then I was disappointed.
It is. You didn't see it?

Ok.
I just got Back from my local Best Buy.
BuT when I gave the awesome guy the SKU I goT from here earlier he looked it up on their system for me.
He checked it all out and pUlled up the inventory for that SKU in all of the stores in our area.
The 2 or 3 weRe getting them in this week. Mine was one of those.
But I was able to pre-buY one and will pick it up when it comes in this week.
Woo hoo!
Spooky!

[quote name="Kotor15" post="13014435" timestamp="1446978822"]I thought this was an acrostic but then I was disappointed.[/quote]
Good idea!
Oh, I may, or may not decide to try that.
Or on the other hand...
Dang it!
Yeah!

Mays Landing was showing none in Stock but an employee went to check anyway and brought one out for me! Not sure how many were in stock.

It is notable that not only does it have 2011 date on the back, but the 3ds shown in the picture is an OG one. No trace of XL or New3DS like reprinted amiibo would have had for example.

At my BB now none on the shelf had them check the SKU says they have 11. So they checked the shelf and are checking the back now...

Edit/Update

They found them in the back. So i have a copy  :D/

At my BBC now nine on the shelf had them check the SKU says they have 11. So they checked the shelf and are checking the back now...

Edit/Update

They found them in the back. So i have a copy :D/
I checked my BBC, but all they had was an Orphan Black marathon. Also, that was rather rude of you to make them go check the back room if there were already nine copies on the shelf.

Stopped in to pickup FFX HD remaster on ps4 since it was down to $25, and they had  8 or 9  copies of ocarina at my store. picked one up with GCU was like $33 and change. 

Thanks OP

Just picked up oot. There was 8 copies instead of the 4 i saw yesterday, 5 were out in the shelf and 3 were locked in the cage.

Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back