Best Buy Launches Nationwide Video Game In Store Trade-Ins - There is no $20 Bonus

Tarantulas14

CAGiversary!
Important Update - There is no $20 trade-in bonus on top of trade-in value
[quote name='ssjmichael']
I contacted Erin at BB (she put out the press release) to ask for some clarification and she replied right away with this:
Hi Michael:
I’ve actually had to make a correction to our announcement. The $20 GC will be on over 100 titles. However, it will not be on top of the trade-in value as we had originally announced. Apologies for the miscommunication. Thank you for checking.

Best,
Erin
[/QUOTE]

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot and I copied this from Kotaku
http://kotaku.com/5622590/best-buy-launches-nationwide-video-game-trade+ins

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Electronics retailer Best Buy has rolled out its new video game trade-in program nationwide, offering a $20 gift card with select titles to help offset the fact that GameStop gives more credit on average.

Best Buy's new trade-in program goes wide this week, launching in nearly 600 locations around the country, with more in the coming months. Customers in participating stores will be able to take their games to the customer service counter or, in select locations, a dedicated trade-in counter, swapping their used titles for store credit. Game consoles and game accessories are also tradable.

starting on August 29, more than 100 titles will be eligible for a $20 gift card when traded in at Best Buy stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not suprised Delaware is not included, the law requires the store to hold anything traded in for 18 days before it can be sold. Its the same reason that the TRU in store tradeins lasted about a month before they killed it.

Did you check www.bestbuy.com/gametradein to see if your store was on the list of stores eligible before going in? All kinds of legal requirements that determine whether or not a location can take trades. More stores will be added this fall, by mid-November almost all stores will be able to take trade-in.

Gainsville has an idiot named joey who outright lied to me saying he couldn't get the trade in system to work when I over heard him speak to his fellow co-workers to take over transaction and no one wanted to do it so he made some excuse. He also said there is a 3 trade in limit per person per year (on any title). He also said they must be very *old* games and asked how old are the games (really dude, can't you read the covers? MLB 2k7=2006, NBA2k7=2006, PES 2008=???)

Unless they have a good promo going on, it's a waste of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='barack obama']my ds lite is worth 15 dollars in their trade in site. I would be better of using it to throw at the deer that come on my lawn than get 15 bucks[/QUOTE]

How much do you want for the DS Lite?

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Well I just traded in 2 copies of Mario & Sonic olympic games (no manual) for $40. Considering I bought them for $10 total yesterday I'm content.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get sonic & mario for 5 bucks?

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Where did you get sonic & mario for 5 bucks?[/QUOTE]
Must be BBV B1G1 $14.99 or less. S&M Olympics is $9.99 used.

^What everyone else said. Same day they announced the list I came across 2 copies at BBV for $10 each, so with BOGO really $5 each. My first flip really, and a pretty successful one at that.

Do you think if I sent Mario and Sonic without the manual they would send it back? I know some people have said they sent in a manual-less game and still gotten their credit.

I traded in three used copies of :360:Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition(sans add-on code vouchers) to my local Best Buy store today for a $32.10 profit over what I just paid for them not even 30 minutes earlier at Gamestop($14.30 a copy after EDGE discount). They sell them as normal versions of RE5, but you have to specify you want the Gold Edition copies.

They trade in for $25 a copy.

So if anyone is looking to transfer over some GS credit to Best Buy, you can do your yearly limit of three in one shot.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I traded in three used copies of :360:Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition(sans add-on code vouchers) to my local Best Buy store today for a $32.10 profit over what I just paid for them not even 30 minutes earlier at Gamestop($14.30 a copy after EDGE discount). They sell them as normal versions of RE5, but you have to specify you want the Gold Edition copies.

They trade in for $25 a copy.

So if anyone is looking to transfer over some GS credit to Best Buy, you can do your yearly limit of three in one shot.[/QUOTE]

I'd so do this if I had some GS credit to shuffle around.

I had about $123 and change in GS credit when the day started and I'm down to $80-ish now, but I also have Dead Rising 2 fully paid off at Gamestop and I'm still deciding if I wanna keep that or just return it once it launches. So if I don't keep it then I'll be back up to $140-ish.

If there's just a mode where I can go around slaughtering zombies en masse then I'll probably end up playing that moreso than the main 'story'.

[quote name='Derrick1979']wow mylocal blockbusters are littered with Mario & sonic olympics lol[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately the TIV for BOTH M&S Olympic games has tanked to $8 each now, down from a high of $20-25 at it's peak.

But you could always try Gamestop for some RE5 Gold(360).;)

So does it seem to be the trend for now that BB is doing these weekly coupon deals w/ the RZ Gamer's Club the beginning of each week along w/ the coupons that are in the magazines?

bread's done
Back