Best Buy Launches Nationwide Video Game In Store Trade-Ins - There is no $20 Bonus

Tarantulas14

CAGiversary!
Important Update - There is no $20 trade-in bonus on top of trade-in value
[quote name='ssjmichael']
I contacted Erin at BB (she put out the press release) to ask for some clarification and she replied right away with this:
Hi Michael:
I’ve actually had to make a correction to our announcement. The $20 GC will be on over 100 titles. However, it will not be on top of the trade-in value as we had originally announced. Apologies for the miscommunication. Thank you for checking.

Best,
Erin
[/QUOTE]

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot and I copied this from Kotaku
http://kotaku.com/5622590/best-buy-launches-nationwide-video-game-trade+ins

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Electronics retailer Best Buy has rolled out its new video game trade-in program nationwide, offering a $20 gift card with select titles to help offset the fact that GameStop gives more credit on average.

Best Buy's new trade-in program goes wide this week, launching in nearly 600 locations around the country, with more in the coming months. Customers in participating stores will be able to take their games to the customer service counter or, in select locations, a dedicated trade-in counter, swapping their used titles for store credit. Game consoles and game accessories are also tradable.

starting on August 29, more than 100 titles will be eligible for a $20 gift card when traded in at Best Buy stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its TIV crap like this that just makes me wanna hang out at these retailers and wait for people walking in the door, see what they have and offer them cash on the spot more than what the retailer will give them. I used to do this when i worked at Babbage's and had fairly good luck with it.
I mean if you go trade RDR, get offered $20 from the retailer and the guy behind you holding a copy of RDR used for $54.99 says he'll give you $30 to not trade it in whose gonna say no?:D

[quote name='Velo214']few flips. gamefly has mario n sonic winter 2 for 31.25->40 bestbuy. also gohastings b2g1$ is good for mario and sonic olympics and dragon age. both 18ish but tax/shipping is killer on gohastings. gamefly was free shipping and 1.25 tax, gohastings is about 11.50 shipping and tax, ouch! but still 45->60 flip if ya want. peace out![/QUOTE]

Keep it mind we don't know when trade in values change. This isn't like Gazelle (1 month) or Amazon (1 week). Wouldn't buy anything till we know when trade in values get updated, could be a hassle to return etc...

[quote name='Pig']Its TIV crap like this that just makes me wanna hang out at these retailers and wait for people walking in the door, see what they have and offer them cash on the spot more than what the retailer will give them. I used to do this when i worked at Babbage's and had fairly good luck with it.
I mean if you go trade RDR, get offered $20 from the retailer and the guy behind you holding a copy of RDR used for $54.99 says he'll give you $30 to not trade it in whose gonna say no?:D[/QUOTE]

That's a good way to get kicked out and/or banned from stores. Your actions directly impact the store and they have every right to ask you to leave and never come back. If you wanted to hang out in a GameStop parking lot, you'd probably be safe but doing that in a store is a no-no LOL

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Actually, there's a few TIV that are more than Amazon or GS:

Dragon Age Origins 20 TIV is great considering I just got PC version for that price and MSRP is 30-40
Forza 3 at 20 is better than most
And Super Mario Galaxy 1 at 20 aint too shabby

I would have gotten like 45 at amazon, 60 dollar game at BB here I come![/QUOTE]

Yeah, some of the games have trade-in values comparable to eBay (after fees) and are certainly even with or WAY better than GameStop. Along with your list, the following are, IMHO, pretty decent TIV at Best Buy:

Assassin's Creed II (PS3): $20.00
Demon's Souls (PS3): $20.00
Bioshock 2 (XBOX 360): $20.00
Dante's Inferno (PS3): $20.00
God of War III (PS3): $20.00
Uncharted 2 (PS3): $20.00
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (XBOX 360): $25.00

All of those should be easily replaceable for less than $20.00 soon. The one that stands out to me is the RE 5 Gold (XBOX 360). I haven't seen anyone offer that much for it considering that the DLC for it isn't on the 360 game disc. GameStop takes that in for the regular RE 5 price ($2.50) and sells it as the regular edition as well. With EDGE discount, RE 5 Gold can be had at GS for @$14.00 with tax and traded in for $25 at Best Buy. That's the only decent "flip" in the group, but if folks are looking to trade in any of the above anyway, it's a pretty decent deal.

you can lock in all these tiv's on bestbuytradein.com so im not too worried. also just got back with 3 splinter cells, so 15+6(mag)=21->flip at bestbuy for 36. woot ;)
I was gonna turn around n trade it in while still at the store, but i locked my values online and will try to trade in store tomorrow...
oh yeah n bioshock 2 on gamefly is 15, so 2 of those for 31.25 flip for 40. that is if you are lookin to get some bestbuy credit...

I wish that people would give it a chance overall. I mean is it a perfect world, obviously its not. If it was perfect then people wouldn't want deals because whatever they wanted would be given to them right? Best Buy is in it to make a profit in the long run. They aren't a non-profit organization. No different than any other company be it Gamestop, Amazon, Walmart, etc. So when people are like well they won't give me $50 for Madden 2002, its kind of like REALLY? Reality Check obviously says that isn't beneficial for anyone but the person getting $50 for Madden 2002. Granted, I love a great deal but screwing the system to get something cheap ultimately hurts the stores. And when you look at it in the grand scheme of things... what happened to Game Crazy? Pretty much what we are talking about here was apart of it. Was it all inclusive, that being the only thing that killed the company? No of course not. It was still a contributing factor at the same point though. I know a lot of people look at it from just their perspective of oh well I am not getting a crazy deal so this sucks. When in reality, be thankful that the vendors/publishers of the games put the games on sale and give financial support to the retailers. If it wasn't for them, you would only see $50-$60 sticker priced games with no discounts. Trade-In Services are so that the less fortunate or willing customers to trade in games are able to get newer titles to play for slightly less money. It all depends on the customer, some will beat the game and trade it in immediately to get something else new and they don't want it because they will never play that title again. It all comes down to how you want to look at the perspective ultimately. If you don't truly understand the industry then this post will not make much sense to you. This is also my own opinion and not that of Best Buy.

[quote name='Hellacious']I wish that people would give it a chance overall. I mean is it a perfect world, obviously its not. If it was perfect then people wouldn't want deals because whatever they wanted would be given to them right? Best Buy is in it to make a profit in the long run. They aren't a non-profit organization. No different than any other company be it Gamestop, Amazon, Walmart, etc. So when people are like well they won't give me $50 for Madden 2002, its kind of like REALLY? Reality Check obviously says that isn't beneficial for anyone but the person getting $50 for Madden 2002. Granted, I love a great deal but screwing the system to get something cheap ultimately hurts the stores. And when you look at it in the grand scheme of things... what happened to Game Crazy? Pretty much what we are talking about here was apart of it. Was it all inclusive, that being the only thing that killed the company? No of course not. It was still a contributing factor at the same point though. I know a lot of people look at it from just their perspective of oh well I am not getting a crazy deal so this sucks. When in reality, be thankful that the vendors/publishers of the games put the games on sale and give financial support to the retailers. If it wasn't for them, you would only see $50-$60 sticker priced games with no discounts. Trade-In Services are so that the less fortunate or willing customers to trade in games are able to get newer titles to play for slightly less money. It all depends on the customer, some will beat the game and trade it in immediately to get something else new and they don't want it because they will never play that title again. It all comes down to how you want to look at the perspective ultimately. If you don't truly understand the industry then this post will not make much sense to you. This is also my own opinion and not that of Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Do you work for Best Buy?

Oasisboy, uh, yeah, he does and has said so before.

[quote name='Hellacious']And when you look at it in the grand scheme of things... what happened to Game Crazy? Pretty much what we are talking about here was apart of it. Was it all inclusive, that being the only thing that killed the company? No of course not. It was still a contributing factor at the same point though.[/QUOTE]

Actually, no, Gamecrazy had very few exploitable trade-in deals compared to even places like Gamestop. And Gamecrazy itself was doing fine - HWV/Movie Gallery brought it down and that had absolutely nothing to so with people looking for "crazy" game deals.

But I agree, in general, with your other points - most people here know all about that, though. I think what people are reacting to is BBY's press release pushing the $20 thing like it was going to be a special promotion when, for the most part (the few games listed above being the exception) it was just the same old trade-in values they already had. It would not have been unusual for Best Buy to provide some more comprehensive decent trade-in values or extra GC promotions on top of that, though. That's how most of these things get started (see Amazon last year). I mean, giving a little extra as a Best Buy gift card (which needs to be spent in store) is hardly the same as giving out $50 cash for Madden 2002 :roll:.

Where is the outcry of people complaining about the low Trade in values? People love to rip GameStop (aka RapeStop) apart for offering $3 for a game, then selling it for $20. The TIV at Best Buy seems worse than GameStop to be quite honest.

I suggest calling Best Buy "Rape Buy". Suggestions? comments?

[quote name='io']Oasisboy, uh, yeah, he does and has said so before.[/QUOTE]

I don't pay attention to people's employers :lol:

What does BB do with these used games? Or Amazon for that matter...

Is it all through a 3rd party company. Think about it, when do you ever buy used games outside of GS?

[quote name='Velo214']you can lock in all these tiv's on bestbuytradein.com so im not too worried. also just got back with 3 splinter cells, so 15+6(mag)=21->flip at bestbuy for 36. woot ;)
I was gonna turn around n trade it in while still at the store, but i locked my values online and will try to trade in store tomorrow...
oh yeah n bioshock 2 on gamefly is 15, so 2 of those for 31.25 flip for 40. that is if you are lookin to get some bestbuy credit...[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, I foresee problems in the future if the TIV drops and you bring in the email quote for a higher value. Guess you could always send the game to DealTree if you don't immediately need the cash.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']What does BB do with these used games? Or Amazon for that matter...

Is it all through a 3rd party company. Think about it, when do you ever buy used games outside of GS?[/QUOTE]
I actually saw a little bin of used games in TRU the other day. Nothing looked like it was a good deal, but the product did look better than GameStop's.

The trade-in values for most titles are crap but some of the games on the trade in for $20 are really good. I was able to get $100 for the following titles

FFXIII,Assassins Creed 2,Bioshock 2,Dragon's Age Origins and Dante's Inferno.

I don't think Amazon,Gazelle or Gamestop can even compare to that. The wait was horrible almost 1/2 hr but was worth it and you gotta also consider that you can also get points for buying stuff with the credit if your a reward zone member.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']What does BB do with these used games? Or Amazon for that matter...

Is it all through a 3rd party company. Think about it, when do you ever buy used games outside of GS?[/QUOTE]
Wuh? Try very often. As for BestBuy, read the press releases.

[quote name='Pig']Its TIV crap like this that just makes me wanna hang out at these retailers and wait for people walking in the door, see what they have and offer them cash on the spot more than what the retailer will give them. I used to do this when i worked at Babbage's and had fairly good luck with it.
I mean if you go trade RDR, get offered $20 from the retailer and the guy behind you holding a copy of RDR used for $54.99 says he'll give you $30 to not trade it in whose gonna say no?:D[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately since retail stores are considered private property you could be banned pretty quick for trying to make a deal inside the store.

However I did that a few times during the PS2/GC/Xbox era with out of town Gamestop stores. I would offer people about 10-20% more in cash than the GS store was offering in credit. It's how I acquired a cheap copy of Ninja Gaiden Black and Stubbs The Zombie, among others.

But I'm still kicking myself over not offering money for someone's PS1 games(including both Medievels) when they came into another GS store to try and trade them in. By the time I made up my mind to offer them $15-20 for them they had already left.:cry:
[quote name='oasisboy']Where is the outcry of people complaining about the low Trade in values? People love to rip GameStop (aka RapeStop) apart for offering $3 for a game, then selling it for $20. The TIV at Best Buy seems worse than GameStop to be quite honest.

I suggest calling Best Buy "Rape Buy". Suggestions? comments?[/QUOTE]
Actually I've been calling them Worst Buy for years already and it's especially true since the demise of Circuit City.

[quote name='Velo214']you can lock in all these tiv's on bestbuytradein.com so im not too worried. also just got back with 3 splinter cells, so 15+6(mag)=21->flip at bestbuy for 36. woot ;)
[/QUOTE]

Figure that credit at Best Buy is worth 80 cents on the dollar since the prices are inflated relative to eBay or whatever, subtract the cost of gas, and I think you'll find you are making less than minimum wage for your time.

I recommend Burger King if you really need money to buy games.

[quote name='Hellacious']I wish that people would give it a chance overall. I mean is it a perfect world, obviously its not. If it was perfect then people wouldn't want deals because whatever they wanted would be given to them right? Best Buy is in it to make a profit in the long run. They aren't a non-profit organization. No different than any other company be it Gamestop, Amazon, Walmart, etc. So when people are like well they won't give me $50 for Madden 2002, its kind of like REALLY?

Reality Check obviously says that isn't beneficial for anyone but the person getting $50 for Madden 2002. Granted, I love a great deal but screwing the system to get something cheap ultimately hurts the stores.[/QUOTE]
Who's screwing the system though? The people who are buying the copies of Splinter Cell Conviction to trade right back in are simply using a coupon that Best Buy themselves put out that works WITHOUT an override to get the games for as cheap as they possibly can and then trading them in to get money/credit towards other games/items they want.

It's called being a smart consumer, something which BB and other retail corporations hate. If Best Buy and other stores had it their way we'd be paying the $100 pricetag every time for $5 HDMI cables that their employees claim are 'omg the best'. A cable is a cable and it'll work whether it's $5 or $100. Anyone who says otherwise is a dumbass or brand whore and doesn't know better.
And when you look at it in the grand scheme of things... what happened to Game Crazy? Pretty much what we are talking about here was apart of it. Was it all inclusive, that being the only thing that killed the company? No of course not. It was still a contributing factor at the same point though. I know a lot of people look at it from just their perspective of oh well I am not getting a crazy deal so this sucks. When in reality, be thankful that the vendors/publishers of the games put the games on sale and give financial support to the retailers. If it wasn't for them, you would only see $50-$60 sticker priced games with no discounts.
Actually a number of things contributed to the downfall of Hollywood Video(and by association Gamecrazy). The merger/acquisition of Hollywood Video by Movie Gallery is part of what doomed them, if you ask me. Unfortunately, it's looking like Blockbuster Video is next to fail. But that's because both companies are/were horribly mismanaged and failed to change and adapt with the times. If Best Buy fails to do so, they may collapse at some future date as well.

As for paying $50-60 for games, there ARE other options than Best Buy out there. I hope you do realize that. For years(even before I was on CAG)I was buying my games cheap from Kmart on clearance. I typically paid no more than $5-10 for most games six months after release.

But for the Joe Football or Suzy Soccermom who feel they have to have that game/item today, then they can pay MSRP. But part of the reason I joined CAG was to get more for my entertainment dollar. If it means I have to wait and not have the latest and greatest right NOW, then so be it.
Trade-In Services are so that the less fortunate or willing customers to trade in games are able to get newer titles to play for slightly less money. It all depends on the customer, some will beat the game and trade it in immediately to get something else new and they don't want it because they will never play that title again. It all comes down to how you want to look at the perspective ultimately. If you don't truly understand the industry then this post will not make much sense to you. This is also my own opinion and not that of Best Buy.
Trade-ins have evolved and many on CAG and otherwise know how to get the best value for their entertainment dollar. Again, this is much to the chagrin of game developers(who now want to try and carve a piece of the used market by charging $10 for the online mode in games for those who buy used)and retail chains, who are just now waking up to the possibility of making a ton of profit by getting into the used game market themselves.

However, in order to do so they must be competitive with the other options that're afforded to gamers out there already(Amazon, Gazelle, etc, etc). But it doesn't appear that any of them are offering any kinds of bonuses or incentives for people to think of taking trades to them versus their competition.

So perphaps in time this used game trade program will end up being a failed experiment on BB's part or they will grow and adapt to the changing climate where everyone seems to be getting into the used market now.

But more choices out there for trading your used items you no longer use is a good thing for consumers, even if it's not a good thing for the new kids on the used trading block.

oh yeah n bioshock 2 on gamefly is 15, so 2 of those for 31.25 flip for 40. that is if you are lookin to get some bestbuy credit...[/QUOTE]

Or you can get PayPal through Dealtree/Eztradein. Have not looked at them all from the list, but it seems like they are giving the same trade in values, which makes sense.

The mario and sonic at the olympics is going for $10 at the buy one get one sale at blockbuster at the moment... so for $10 bucks you can get $40...

Can anyone say if they've been super picky on having manuals?

[quote name='JediJames2']Or you can get PayPal through Dealtree/Eztradein. Have not looked at them all from the list, but it seems like they are giving the same trade in values, which makes sense.[/QUOTE]

I thought eztradein stopped accepting video games. Is this not true?

IMHO, microcenter had a the best deal with their trade in program 3 years ago...trade in any 9 games from any system (past/present). They gave MORE than gamestop at the time. Heck even when BB was testing this out 5 years ago in Sterling, they had a really good trade in system...eventually it crapped out on TIV..but man I got some good store credit for it!

[quote name='maxnoop']I thought eztradein stopped accepting video games. Is this not true?[/QUOTE]

They never stopped - it's just hidden now.

[quote name='ITDEFX']IMHO, microcenter had a the best deal with their trade in program 3 years ago...trade in any 9 games from any system (past/present). They gave MORE than gamestop at the time. Heck even when BB was testing this out 5 years ago in Sterling, they had a really good trade in system...eventually it crapped out on TIV..but man I got some good store credit for it![/QUOTE]
I can still remember when EB Games used to do a 'trade 2, get X game'(or was it 'trade 2 get X game for $5-10? it's been a while)dealie. They never updated their prices in their own stores and so the stickers were almost always wrong, so you could argue for 1-2 of the games that were mismarked that qualified, open them up and trade them right back in for the promo.:lol:

I think back in the PS1 era I paid a whopping $20-25 for FFIX right on it's release date and I believe they even had a deal where you got the guide for only $5 extra with the deal.:applause:

Then again, guides were only $10-15 a pop back then and they had a used section of guides right in the store for $1-5 each. Ahhhh the 'good old days'.:lol:

[quote name='MikePWV'] The wait was horrible almost 1/2 hr but was worth it and you gotta also consider that you can also get points for buying stuff with the credit if your a reward zone member.[/QUOTE]

As taken from the Gamers Club "Get $10 in Reward Certificates for Every $150 You Spend" fine print
Points are not awarded on purchases paid by Best Buy gift cards or reward certificates.

And for the general Reward Zone program...

The following items are considered non-qualifying purchases for which points will not be awarded: purchases paid with a Reward Certificate or Best Buy Gift Card

So...yeah...

Can someone clear this up for me?

The website makes it sound like your just getting $20 for your trade in. But then i see people saying their getting the TIV, and an additional $20 on a gift card. But i also see people saying that it's just a $20 dollar gift card.

Appreciate anyone who helps get rid of the headache this is giving me.:cry:

someone mentioned earning rzpoints or whatev when using credit, but that is false. if you spend gift cards they dont earn you any points. iv been spending gift cards at bestbuy for months now and they always just say 0.00 on my rewardzone page. it sucks but its true.

[quote name='Tobezijian']Can someone clear this up for me?

The website makes it sound like your just getting $20 for your trade in. But then i see people saying their getting the TIV, and an additional $20 on a gift card. But i also see people saying that it's just a $20 dollar gift card.

Appreciate anyone who helps get rid of the headache this is giving me.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Just refer to the Best Buy trade in site. The values you get are the values quoted on the site. There is no "bonus" 20 gift card. Essentially a bunch of titles were bumped up to $20 value for this promotion.

[quote name='Velo214']someone mentioned earning rzpoints or whatev when using credit, but that is false. if you spend gift cards they dont earn you any points. iv been spending gift cards at bestbuy for months now and they always just say 0.00 on my rewardzone page. it sucks but its true.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I'm just hoarding my credit until I upgrade my 46" LCD. No point wasting gift cards on a gaming purchase when I could earn gamers club points as well.

ooops, kat is on it tonite. i didnt even notice you told someone bout cred not earning rz points. oh yeah and people telling me to get a job, lol, im at my job right now. and bestbuy/gamestop/etc are on my way to and from work, so i dont spend any extra gas, and it takes me bout 5 minutes to walk in and buy a few games, i dont know why people try to make it seem like a stressful waste of time. why are you people even on cag if all you are gonna do is bash on flippers/cheapassgamers?

[quote name='kataztrophik']Just refer to the Best Buy trade in site. The values you get are the values quoted on the site. There is no "bonus" 20 gift card. Essentially a bunch of titles were bumped up to $20 value for this promotion.[/QUOTE]

Finally everything makes sense now. Seems like gamestop is the better route with 35% extra TIV towards metroid with edge. Thanks for the Response btw.

[quote name='maxnoop']I thought eztradein stopped accepting video games. Is this not true?[/QUOTE]

io is correct; it is "hidden" and not showing up on their main page/category list. Link to it for those interested:
http://ez.eztradein.com/eztradein/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?
If you go there and it redirects you back to their main site just try going to it again right after and it should pop up. Have not had any problems trading there since they hid it, mainly been using it for more recent games that Gazelle does not have in their database yet.

oh well i didn't know that about the points thing. that sucks. too bad i still win in the end because i've been keeping my reward zone points for pre-ordering games even after cancelling.

better flip for splinter cell - > 14.50 amazon so yeah 21->43.50 so 22.50 profit for bout 10 minutes work? so whats the math on that 22.50x6 = $135/hour wow that's the new minimum wage donkeydrop? where do you get that much cash for that least amount of work other than flippn? i mean, i think most of us are college kids/grads and i would be lucky if i made 135/hour but instead i will work at my job and also flip on the side. crazy hater

The problem is that BB really needs a good promo to start the program with to bring people into the store...like what Microcenter did. Sure you got store credit, but Microcenter is only good if your just buying computer related stuff, unlike best buy where you can buy tv's, vacuums, cd's and so on. If best buy had a promo similar to that trade 9, get an extra 25 or something on top ..that would be a decent deal....but best buy doesn't know how to work up a good deal for trade ins. It would be really smart if best buy did like, trade in your games and if your a Reward Zone member, get an extra 25% on top of your trades, and if your silver 30%-50% more. That would push normal members to buying more stuff a year to get to silver just for that added trade in bonus..of course it would cost them over 2k a year to keep that extra kick :(

[quote name='ITDEFX']The problem is that BB really needs a good promo to start the program with to bring people into the store...like what Microcenter did. Sure you got store credit, but Microcenter is only good if your just buying computer related stuff, unlike best buy where you can buy tv's, vacuums, cd's and so on. If best buy had a promo similar to that trade 9, get an extra 25 or something on top ..that would be a decent deal....but best buy doesn't know how to work up a good deal for trade ins. It would be really smart if best buy did like, trade in your games and if your a Reward Zone member, get an extra 25% on top of your trades, and if your silver 30%-50% more. That would push normal members to buying more stuff a year to get to silver just for that added trade in bonus..of course it would cost them over 2k a year to keep that extra kick :([/QUOTE]
:rofl: At that point I'd REALLY just stick to GS for my game trading then.:razz: No offense but EDGE/Powerup for $15 versus $2k a year to get a bonus TIV=:lol::lol::lol:

But yeah, even Amazon has stopped the bonus value thing, which is why I don't usually even look into their values anymore for any of my games. But if they had a bonus 40% off coupon or whatever they were doing initially to boost trade-ins I'd gladly consider them.

Since there's no trade-in centers even remotely close to me, what are everyone's opinions on the mail-in program? Seems almost identical to Amazon's.

@ Arizona CAGs
Any idea why they put all the available trade-in stores out in the middle of nowhere (excluding Flag and Tucson)? Were they afraid they'd get too many trade-ins in Phoenix of Tempe??

[quote name='Velo214'] i think most of us are college kids/grads and i would be lucky if i made 135/hour [/QUOTE]

You could make $135 per hour by doing "favors" to men in the wonderful state of Nevada... just a thought. :lol:

I rarely trade in games(have over 80 for the systems just in my sig, [and only paid full price for a few of them] not including PC and old Game Boys) , usually only if I'm getting the sequel(COD:MW, racing games, etc)....but I was one who got Metroid Prime Trilogy at Best Buy Nov 09 for 19.99......I'm finally about to beat 3(couldn't play them straight, too annoying and repetitive, played one every 3-4ish other games I beat)....so I could beat it, and then trade it back to the same store for a cent more. NICE. But I probably won't.

lol, i run a hotel, and there are tons of pros here... it is so gross. but yeah, i guess nevada is the only place it's legal ;)
best buy $20 tiv is good for a bunch of games

[quote name='Velo214']lol, i run a hotel, and there are tons of pros here... it is so gross. but yeah, i guess nevada is the only place it's legal ;)[/QUOTE]

You run a hotel? Does that mean you can comp me a room if I stop by? =p

[quote name='Distortiontm']Since there's no trade-in centers even remotely close to me, what are everyone's opinions on the mail-in program? Seems almost identical to Amazon's.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully their mail-in program is a bit speedier by now, as I recall when I did some trades a while back for DealTree(same company)it took what seemed like forever for them to go from accepted to paid out.

FYI, if you go with DealTree(where you can get Paypal or a check too), DO NOT go with the check option.:lol: They sent me EIGHT checks for $20 each to pay out my $160 in trades rather than ONE big check.:roll:

[quote name='JediJames2']io is correct; it is "hidden" and not showing up on their main page/category list. Link to it for those interested:
http://ez.eztradein.com/eztradein/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?
If you go there and it redirects you back to their main site just try going to it again right after and it should pop up. Have not had any problems trading there since they hid it, mainly been using it for more recent games that Gazelle does not have in their database yet.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's great, thanks.

i have sent games online through bestbuytradein.com without manuals and they didnt care. idk if store is different tho. so no help at all ;)

[quote name='Velo214']lol, i run a hotel, and there are tons of pros here... it is so gross. but yeah, i guess nevada is the only place it's legal ;)[/QUOTE]
So uh, are you a Madame?

bread's done
Back