Best Buy March Reward Zone Gamers Club Offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

donut

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
Coupons are up for March (thanks EvilIA)

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=20_OFFPlease before posting basic program "how it works" type of questions .....
Take a few minutes to sign up (free and simple) or if already signed up ... to familiarize yourself with the Best Buy Reward Zone/Gamer's Zone site.
It's very easy to navigate!
IF you have printer issues, BBuy has computer/printers set up for you to access your account and print coupons or reward zone certificates (I've done this many times at various locations...just ask and a staff member will point you to a pc to use)
[quote name='MrNEWZ']Sad note--- if you use BB gift cards on games (or Gamer or Reward Zone certificates), you don't get money spent towards the Gamer's Club (or points in Rewards Zone, but that is "known."). I always hate getting gift cards or points since I know I'll spend the money there on stuff. I always find myself sitting on the GCs or Certs until I can blow them on CDs, DVD blank media, BRD, or some random tech item I can't wait to have shipped to me... alas.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='MrNEWZ']A quick follow-up though, Rewards Certs OR Gift Cards do not impact BING CASHBACK at all. So, if you planning on using either, use BestBuy.com for in store pick up.
Yes, I am this sad that I have tested it. I got $4 cash back on an out of pocket (gift card) purchase of $3. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

I'm with a few other members, that the Endless Ocean 150 points starting Monday is a "most likely" buy.
I noticed all copies of Endless Ocean ($29.99) are bundled with wii speak ... a veteran staff member at BBuy believes the first shipment or two will have the wii speak included but in the near future it will be game only for $29.99. He noted this was just like wii Resort that original was bundled with 2 motion controller attachments and then only came with one.
BBuyMarch001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whywakeup']I needed two guns for HOtD Overkill and scored them . The guns are sturdy but man are they made for midget children ? The handles are tiny .[/QUOTE]

0.jpg

$20.30 is based on the base values someone posted earlier for the second game(which this is), a Wii blaster and then multiplied by 1.4 (30% wii tradein coupon + 10% edge)

so are the coupons and your account really limit you to only 3? or can you technically go back into the same store another day of the week with the same coupon and account and buy more?

[quote name='dabamus']$20.30 is based on the base values someone posted earlier for the second game(which this is), a Wii blaster and then multiplied by 1.4 (30% wii tradein coupon + 10% edge)[/QUOTE]

The Wii Blaster only gets a 10% bonus, it does not count towards the extra 30%. My total was 18.58 after bonuses for both.

[quote name='dabamus']$20.30 is based on the base values someone posted earlier for the second game(which this is), a Wii blaster and then multiplied by 1.4 (30% wii tradein coupon + 10% edge)[/QUOTE]

the 30% coupon says only for games, not accessories.
Gun does not get 30% extra

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']so are the coupons and your account really limit you to only 3? or can you technically go back into the same store another day of the week with the same coupon and account and buy more?[/QUOTE]

You could actually go back and get more with the same coupon and account, though you DO risk having your RZ account banned completely.

But if you want to risk it, you could go out to your car with the original 3 from one coupon, come back in with another coupon and go right back to the same cashier if you're feeling brazen enough.

Actually, for a while these coupons allowed up to FIVE per coupon, even though the limit was lowered on the coupon to three.

[quote name='dabamus']Yes, yes. I just realized that when rereading the post with the TIV and bonuses. My bad.[/QUOTE]

Still $18.58 is pretty great for a game you got for free.

so random question but has anyone ever used an online coupon printed on binder paper? poor college student here and ran out of printer paper and all i got is binder paper :\ and not the regular size either... the one that is slightly smaller than normal..

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']so random question but has anyone ever used an online coupon printed on binder paper? poor college student here and ran out of printer paper and all i got is binder paper :\ and not the regular size either... the one that is slightly smaller than normal..[/QUOTE]

Is the coupon for BB or GS. The only reason I ask is because you can print the Best Buy RZ coupons at BB from one of the kiosk. All you have to do is bring up the $20 off coupons, click on the "print coupon" button, then quickly (keyword being "quickly") push "ctrl" and "P" buttons at the same time. The coupons will then print out.

If it's for the GS coupons... I don't think they'd care too much.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']so random question but has anyone ever used an online coupon printed on binder paper? poor college student here and ran out of printer paper and all i got is binder paper :\ and not the regular size either... the one that is slightly smaller than normal..[/QUOTE]

LOL ...I don't see why not, as long as it doesn't get jammed in the printer. Also as long as the lines on the notebook paper don't interfere w/ them being able to successfully scan the barcode. :lol:

Honestly, I always go to the public library to print up coupons. It's like $2 for 20 some odd copies and it beats having to pay for the frickin' ink at the stupid prices they want for one cartridge.

But as others have said, if it's for the BB coupon for the NERF bundle, just go to the customer kiosk in BB, bring up coupon page, press control + P and when the prompt comes up for how many copies you want change the number accordingly.

[quote name='Vader582']Hold the phone!? $20.30? How are you getting that? I only got $18.58...[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. I only got 14.xx, with Edge+30% did they trade it in as Nerf 1?

[quote name='BowserK']Hmmm. I only got 14.xx, with Edge+30% did they trade it in as Nerf 1?[/QUOTE]

yup it says it on the receipt

Can you use store credit to buy an Edge card? Or do you have to pay cash/credit/debit for it? I was reluctant to buy the Edge card subscription, but if these deals keep popping up, in a few months it pays for itself.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Can you use store credit to buy an Edge card? Or do you have to pay cash/credit/debit for it? I was reluctant to buy the Edge card subscription, but if these deals keep popping up, in a few months it pays for itself.[/QUOTE]

You can use store credit. What's even nicer is if you're trading in games towards getting an Edge card you will get the 10% boost on those trades.

I got like 17.XX x2 I will do the other one tomorrow. The only thing that was a bummer was they are sold out of Splinter Cell Conviction Limited. Which is hard to belive because they have all the other limited ubisoft games on the cheap.

Just outta curiosity .... someone brought up cash when trading in ... what is GS trade value if you take cash option instead? what is usual rule of thumb when comparing cash versus credit value?

but then again game days coming up soon, actual GS credit might be more useful

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Can you use store credit to buy an Edge card? Or do you have to pay cash/credit/debit for it? I was reluctant to buy the Edge card subscription, but if these deals keep popping up, in a few months it pays for itself.[/QUOTE]

You can use credit. My 1st sudoku trade went to the edge card fee. They applied the full +10% and coupon for the fee too.

[quote name='bruticus']Just outta curiosity .... someone brought up cash when trading in ... what is GS trade value if you take cash option instead? what is usual rule of thumb when comparing cash versus credit value?

but then again game days coming up soon, actual GS credit might be more useful[/QUOTE]

i believe it is 40% of the trade in credit? or maybe its only 20% less. and no promotions apply ie extra 30%

[quote name='bruticus']Just outta curiosity .... someone brought up cash when trading in ... what is GS trade value if you take cash option instead? what is usual rule of thumb when comparing cash versus credit value?

but then again game days coming up soon, actual GS credit might be more useful[/QUOTE]

Whatever the current TIV is for the zapper and game, deduct 20% from that for taking cash, but if you have the EDGE card you can apply the 10% bump for that. So in effect you're only losing 10% of the value of each item that way. NO promos can be applied if you ask for cash though.:cry:

What's funny though is FYE(those that still take games, that is:roll:)will give you 10 or 20% more if you take credit versus cash. Otherwise, whatever the game rings up for as at the initial trade IS the cash value with NOTHING taken off.:D

That's why I used to love FYE. You could buy games at Gamestop, take a stroll there and make 2-3x the amount you paid since their values were so stupid high at one point.

Besides FYE and GS giving cash, there are other options for the credit route, with Amazon, TRU and even Best Buy themselves(giving $12 lol).:D

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']I got like 17.XX x2 I will do the other one tomorrow. The only thing that was a bummer was they are sold out of Splinter Cell Conviction Limited. Which is hard to belive because they have all the other limited ubisoft games on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

ok, you just made me google that game, doesn't release until 4/13, were you talking about something else?? you scared me b/c I wanted to get that LE but the old fashion way, by waiting to the last minute..:lol:

I picked up 2 copies at my local store. There were at least 3 copies left when I left. I'm debating keeping the guns to keep around the office, but I would think that it would take an act of god to make me keep the game.

with no promos (like 30% bump coupon) being added if you use select cash option then it definitely worth it to instead just take the credit then.

Only reason I actually wanted to know cash offer was Ive been in habit for many months now of not supporting GS via any new/used sales at all and buying elsewhere (like BB) .... at least I would have been taking the cash from GS and then turning around and buying from BB more than likely

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']looks like it finally hit front page on slickdeals. but good thing it doesnt actually say free in the title. so we'll see how long gs' value last[/QUOTE]

I already gave a thumbs down to the deal earlier.;)

I think mine literally just ran out a couple weeks ago ..... so if deal is still live tomarrow and GS doesnt bomb TIV (alot of if's there) then one of these will go towards renewing my Edge Card

[quote name='token2k6']ok, you just made me google that game, doesn't release until 4/13, were you talking about something else?? you scared me b/c I wanted to get that LE but the old fashion way, by waiting to the last minute..:lol:[/QUOTE]

Yes Splinter Cell Conviction Collector Edition is sold out company wide. Its off their web site too. Only way to get it at gametop is to try and call around for loose copies when it hits. Amazon still has it. Very surprising that its out of stock.

One of the 3 I got was opened, so I have been playing with the gun. It is pretty accurate. NERF technology has drastically improved since I was a kid.

I had my sister p/u 3 of them at one local BB and they still had the game tagged for $40 and she said they still had tons of them!!

[quote name='skiizim']I had my sister p/u 3 of them at one local BB and they still had the game tagged for $40 and she said they still had tons of them!![/QUOTE]

Oh yeah! This is looking like a GOOD week! ;)

Unless Best Buy shuts this down first, the coupon is good for another 2 weeks! :hot:

The sale is only on for one week though, most liekly. Also, according to secondspin, if you have an FYE near you that still takes in used games, the game by itself will fetch $12 cash.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Oh yeah! This is looking like a GOOD week! ;)

Unless Best Buy shuts this down first, the coupon is good for another 2 weeks! :hot:[/QUOTE]

Only problem is the way I read the price drop for the bundle is that it price dropped $20 and there were also $20 instant savings for it being on sale this week.

So that means it was possibly more than $20 before the coupon, which means after this week's(if they don't catch it today sometime)sale price it may not be free anymore.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Only problem is the way I read the price drop for the bundle is that it price dropped $20 and there were also $20 instant savings for it being on sale this week.

So that means it was possibly more than $20 before the coupon, which means after this week's(if they don't catch it today sometime)sale price it may not be free anymore.[/QUOTE]

Either way, I'm grabbing "all dem shits" tomorrow while I can. LOL

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Either way, I'm grabbing "all dem shits" tomorrow while I can. LOL[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Since I'm trading the games and most of the nerf guns in, I'm planning on building a fort out of however many boxes I get.(thanks Mike for the idea! Finally we got boxes big enough for it!)

I'm planning on keeping 1 nerf gun for myself to shoot squirrels with(as previously mentioned) and giving two to my neice and nephew.(along with the fort I want to build for them)

This is also assuming the coupon is working later this morning still.

I wish I could thumbs down the sd post but I don't even want to register there. Hopefully this is still alive tomorrow, both the deal and the tiv. SBD lasted throughout without dieing. Anyone know the blockbuster tiv? oh n I got one, my grrl's made a doll house background out of the cardboard filler :) They wanted to keep the gun, but I said NO GUNS!, I just wanted that extra 6cred lol.
FTF was dead the morning after tho, they put the asterisk of doom next to it. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

[quote name='dabamus']Ditto. Since I'm trading the games and most of the nerf guns in, I'm planning on building a fort out of however many boxes I get.(thanks Mike for the idea! Finally we got boxes big enough for it!)

I'm planning on keeping 1 nerf gun for myself to shoot squirrels with(as previously mentioned) and giving two to my neice and nephew.(along with the fort I want to build for them)

This is also assuming the coupon is working later this morning still.[/QUOTE]

Funny you mention squirrels considering your avatar picture! :lol:;)

I have to work 6:30 am - 3 pm tomorrow, so here's to hoping it still works after I get off from work.

The BB is like 2 minutes or less from my work, but since I only have a half an hour lunch I'm not sure if I'd have enough time to go in & grab some then leave to get back to work or not. Although I'm sure it would look less suspicious if I went in @ lunch and then after work rather than grabbing 3 going out to my car & going right back in. However I did that w/ the FTF ordeal & I had no problems.

[quote name='Velo214']I wish I could thumbs down the sd post but I don't even want to register there. Hopefully this is still alive tomorrow, both the deal and the tiv. SBD lasted throughout without dieing. Anyone know the blockbuster tiv? oh n I got one, my grrl's made a doll house background out of the cardboard filler :) They wanted to keep the gun, but I said NO GUNS!, I just wanted that extra 6cred lol.
FTF was dead the morning after tho, they put the asterisk of doom next to it. Let's hope that doesn't happen.[/QUOTE]

I called Blockbuster today & the guy said they won't accept it as trade in. He checked in the system & said they currently aren't accepting it for trade right now. He stated it was because any game that is bundled w/ an accessory they don't take trade in's for. Kinda dumb, but w/e. *shrugs*

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Funny you mention squirrels considering your avatar picture! :lol:;)

I have to work 6:30 am - 3 pm tomorrow, so here's to hoping it still works after I get off from work.

The BB is like 2 minutes or less from my work, but since I only have a half an hour lunch I'm not sure if I'd have enough time to go in & grab some then leave to get back to work or not. Although I'm sure it would look less suspicious if I went in @ lunch and then after work rather than grabbing 3 going out to my car & going right back in. However I did that w/ the FTF ordeal & I had no problems.[/QUOTE]

I plan on hitting up at least 5 stores at least once each tomorrow to check stock and pick some up.

I don't imaging I can deplete all of the inventory anywhere on my own, since Canton had about 20-30 left in a giant stack when I left at 630 tonight.

EDIT: I have to be done with round 1 of pillaging tomorrow and be back home by 1230 to take care of my mum(after knee surgery) and take her up to the doctor's office. It's a good thing though because that enables me to hit up the cleveland stores. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back