Best Buy March Reward Zone Gamers Club Offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

donut

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
Coupons are up for March (thanks EvilIA)

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=20_OFFPlease before posting basic program "how it works" type of questions .....
Take a few minutes to sign up (free and simple) or if already signed up ... to familiarize yourself with the Best Buy Reward Zone/Gamer's Zone site.
It's very easy to navigate!
IF you have printer issues, BBuy has computer/printers set up for you to access your account and print coupons or reward zone certificates (I've done this many times at various locations...just ask and a staff member will point you to a pc to use)
[quote name='MrNEWZ']Sad note--- if you use BB gift cards on games (or Gamer or Reward Zone certificates), you don't get money spent towards the Gamer's Club (or points in Rewards Zone, but that is "known."). I always hate getting gift cards or points since I know I'll spend the money there on stuff. I always find myself sitting on the GCs or Certs until I can blow them on CDs, DVD blank media, BRD, or some random tech item I can't wait to have shipped to me... alas.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='MrNEWZ']A quick follow-up though, Rewards Certs OR Gift Cards do not impact BING CASHBACK at all. So, if you planning on using either, use BestBuy.com for in store pick up.
Yes, I am this sad that I have tested it. I got $4 cash back on an out of pocket (gift card) purchase of $3. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

I'm with a few other members, that the Endless Ocean 150 points starting Monday is a "most likely" buy.
I noticed all copies of Endless Ocean ($29.99) are bundled with wii speak ... a veteran staff member at BBuy believes the first shipment or two will have the wii speak included but in the near future it will be game only for $29.99. He noted this was just like wii Resort that original was bundled with 2 motion controller attachments and then only came with one.
BBuyMarch001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This CAG vs SD thing is a joke. The majority of people here are just as "bad" as the people over at SD. Stop lying to yourselves.

For those asking about the trade-in at GS, I had 100% success with the following.

Take the cellophane off the game. Ditch the cardboard insert. Take the cellophane off the gun sight. Load the darts in the gun, attach the sight, throw it all back in the box. Take it in, remove the contents, and tell them, "I heard these may not scan, so I looked up the SKU's to make it easier." Hand them a little slip of paper with the two SKU's provided earlier in the thread, with the name of the item next to each.

No questions, no problems. With Edge and 30% coupon, $18+.

One guy was staring intently at the box, so I said, "If you're looking for the '2', it's not on there. The original game was Nerf N-Strike, and the sequel is Nerf N-Strike Elite. There's no '2' listed." That satisfied him. :)

[quote name='dino88']This CAG vs SD thing is a joke. The majority of people here are just as "bad" as the people over at SD. Stop lying to yourselves.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. In my opinion, all based on seeing the communities (both of which I am a member of), there are a lot more resellers on SD. Most CAGs seem to be end-users. We like video games, we want them cheap. There are a lot of people on SD that buy multiples of good deals just so they can resell them on Ebay/Craigslist/whatever. Maybe I think too highly of CAGs, but that's my opinion.

[quote name='Strell']Holy crap. Your arguments couldn't be more terrible, Zippon.[/QUOTE]

Please educate me, Strell. Since I think my arguments are well explained and make perfect sense.

All you've done is sputter and make noises in reply. What part of "making a spectacle kills a deal" is so hard for you to understand?

Please explain how calling a store and asking about free/reduced games is different from cleaning out a store and getting the attention of every cashier and manager? You've been here longer, so I'm sure I could benefit from your wisdom. :pray:

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']I learned my lesson on FTF. When I came on CAG and this thread blew up in posts then it was free game time. I moved quickly. Shot down today 11:30 AM[/QUOTE]

Holy schnike!!! I did my last successful transaction at 11:28 AM... When I tried a second transaction, it would not apply the discount. Talk about just in time :)

yep went back for another copy and shot down. dont worry, be happy. I bet this will happen again. FTF and SBD and etc.etc. these things are like the seasons, they come n go and there is no exact date but we know they are cyclical.

[quote name='Zippon']Really?
So it's okay for newbs to post about CAG on Youtube?
It's okay to call Gamestop/Best Buy and ask, "Do you have any penny guides?"
It's okay to call Target/Sears/etc and ask, "Do you have Fallout 3 GOTY on unmarked clearance for $19.99?"
And it was okay to call Best Buy yesterday and ask, "Are you giving away free Nerf N-Strike games with a Reward Zone coupon?"

Funny how all CAGs agree that the above are dumb moves that alert stores to deals and kill them. But when somebody says they gathered the whole Best Buy staff around so he could brag about getting 3 dozen games for free we say, "Bravo! Good job!" Followed by, "Gee, why did the deal die so fast...?" :roll:

There's a connection there, boyos. Squint really hard and you'll see it. :whistle2:k

(No, I don't expect anyone to suddenly wise up over this. But I've still got a right to say it. Cheering on deal-killers is dumb, dumb, dumb.)[/QUOTE]

People can and will do whatever they please.
My argument had nothing to do with cheering hoarders on. The fact is that if you wanted in on the deal, you should have gotten there earlier. I was late. I've gotten in on a few glitches thanks to CAG, and I know the sooner you go the better your chances are.

To argue SD vs. CAG is simply a waste of time. If you don't think that most of CAG also reviews SD, and Fatwallet, then you're kidding yourself.
Life is not just about games. I also need kids clothing, cereal, and other crap. For all that stuff I also visit those sites, and they do the same.
Do I usually hoard games? No, but I won't get bent out of shape when other CAGs do. It is what it is.

shut out at 12:15. bummer, because I just got a wii and was really looking forward to playing with my kid.

this was the first "free" game I actually was looking forward to keeping.

[quote name='dino88']This CAG vs SD thing is a joke. The majority of people here are just as "bad" as the people over at SD. Stop lying to yourselves.[/QUOTE]

That is because a lot of SD'ers and FW's have migrated over here, which is fine. But when you see people buying 100 of these, or ordering 8-30 Super Mario Bro Wii's at Gamestop for buy 1 get 1 free's... I mean C'mon. This site is obviously up to get Cheapy income, but also to share deals on games, not making a living from it.

The sad part is its too late.

Wait a second.

Are you suggesting that SD and Fatwallet have created greed and desires to make money for oneselves? That anyone that was strictly ojn CAG only could not have independetly thought to flip excessively for profit? Because that is hillarious if anyone really thinks that.

[quote name='Strell']Yeah well. I shoot really well when you tug on me, too.[/QUOTE]
5/5 :applause:

[quote name='Zippon']Please educate me, Strell. Since I think my arguments are well explained and make perfect sense.

All you've done is sputter and make noises in reply. What part of "making a spectacle kills a deal" is so hard for you to understand?

Please explain how calling a store and asking about free/reduced games is different from cleaning out a store and getting the attention of every cashier and manager? You've been here longer, so I'm sure I could benefit from your wisdom. :pray:[/QUOTE]
this link might help you out...

And for real...people are going to do stupid shit. Is it possible that any one person can contribute to a deal dying? perhaps...perhaps they just catch mistakes when they see quantities (no matter how many are $0 transactions or what not) of an item start flying at a higher rate than usual, when it was probably a rotting sku to begin with. You can't really pinpoint it, nor can you reason out any 'exploit' of that system. The law of the land is jump on it early, enjoy it while it lasts, and don't point fingers of blame when it dies. There's no one thing that kills a deal, and time is always the enemy.

[quote name='m00p2000']sigh.... I only got 9 for $167.22[/QUOTE]

I guess another reason I don't get this many is I would have to drive 150+ miles to find 9 gamestops. Three in my town and then there isn't another for 30 miles in any direction. The trade-in game just doesn't work that well for me, besides I hate taking anything in to Gamestop. It's a giant hassle here.

[quote name='KevinMassacre']Have fun going to 35 different game stops trading them in ;)[/QUOTE]

I can sell of 7 in 2 hours after work and 1 during lunch, right next to the Vietnamese Pho place.

[quote name='reininop']I guess another reason I don't get this many is I would have to drive 150+ miles to find 9 gamestops. Three in my town and then there isn't another for 30 miles in any direction. The trade-in game just doesn't work that well for me, besides I hate taking anything in to Gamestop. It's a giant hassle here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wouldn't normally do this but I live in LA and have about 35 Gamestops within a 25 mile radius so it's not hard to get this going

[quote name='BingoBrown']I disagree. In my opinion, all based on seeing the communities (both of which I am a member of), there are a lot more resellers on SD. Most CAGs seem to be end-users. We like video games, we want them cheap. There are a lot of people on SD that buy multiples of good deals just so they can resell them on Ebay/Craigslist/whatever. Maybe I think too highly of CAGs, but that's my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I agree with what you said, but I think there has been a large increase in "flippers" on this site. I would rather have someone sell on ebay, instead of artificially inflating/deflating the prices of games by trading them in to gamestop/BBV/GC/etc.

The stores set the "values" of games rather than the market. These companies get cheap inventory and the sucka trading in games does all the leg work. It seems like a win-win (since the flippers get credit and bonuses - ooh), but in reality it is increasing the cost of games in the present and devaluing the long term value of games.

Originally Posted by nixmahn
18.58*35= $650.30

come on B1G1

I was told they are only worth 8.50 ....... anyone have a use for GAME ONLY... I mostly only wanted the guns (is the game playable without the gun)

[quote name='BingoBrown']Most CAGs seem to be end-users. We like video games, we want them cheap. There are a lot of people on SD that buy multiples of good deals just so they can resell them on Ebay/Craigslist/whatever. Maybe I think too highly of CAGs, but that's my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I totally disagree...when there is a free game or nearly free game...both groups go crazy. What is CAG going to do with 10+ Nerfs beside trade them in at GS or ebay them? Just like a SDer.
The only difference is that we, CAGs might keep 1 copy.

I got 3....keeping 2 guns, keeping 1 game, giving 1 bundle to a co-worker, and trading in 1 game at GS.

I hate to admit it, but if I could have got 10+ copies..I would have.
I had a chance to get 7 to 8 of them this morning, but only got 3.

[quote name='Zippon']Please educate me, Strell. Since I think my arguments are well explained and make perfect sense.[/quote]

Gladly.

First off, we're all in this together. People from Fatwallet, Slickdeals, NeoGAF, CAG, etc. Blaming one group over another is ridiculous. We're an amorphous blob of smelly greasy humans wrapped in tshirts all contributing to a massive spike of sales on a single game over the course of a few hours. To conclude that any single faction is to blame is delusional. You know who is to blame? People. Who know who is people? Everyone. Not difficult math to follow.

Second, you got eight. Eight. That puts up in the upper bracket, a specialized hierarchy of measuring who got how many based on number. There are people here who got none and even they aren't being the Time-of-the-month-Mary you are. It makes you look ungrateful in light of your projection of anger onto "all the people who made the deal die."

Let me know if you need more than two explanations. This is assuming you have more fingers on your hand to count with.

All you've done is sputter and make noises in reply.

Oh, but I'm so very good at that!

What part of "making a spectacle kills a deal" is so hard for you to understand?

No part of that is hard to be to understand. But I place the burden of proof upon you. If you think any one glorified instance has killed this deal over another, provide me the proof. Documentation, notes, webcam guerilla video of bruticus, signed blood notes from Best Buy corporate. You know, the usual stuff. And that's me being nice about it. In reality I prefer bibliographies and stamps from city recognized clerks. And shrunken heads, depending on where I am at the moment.

Please explain how calling a store and asking about free/reduced games is different from cleaning out a store and getting the attention of every cashier and manager? You've been here longer, so I'm sure I could benefit from your wisdom. :pray:

Did someone do that here? And if they did, is there any proof is killed the deal? Can you show me videos of Best Buy execs watching videos of CAG noobs talking about Best Buy execs being stupid? Whoa, deep.

As to how it's different, that's irrelevant. Your whole argument is predicated on some idea that we can trace the death of the deal to some verified, singular sources. Which you can't do unless you blather around, gesturing wildly about "THEM!" and "HOW THEY KILLED THE DEAL!" and "BOOOOO I'M THE GHOST OF BEST BUY DEALS PAST!" I'm afraid we don't get to move forward into Accusationville until we have a solid ground and foundation to build on.

But do keep up with the entertainment. I love watching people who boast about getting a lot of money from a deal turn around and cry about it. Maybe next you can hire Lionel Hutz and take on The Neverending Story.

[quote name='slidecage']Originally Posted by nixmahn
18.58*35= $650.30

come on B1G1

I was told they are only worth 8.50 ....... anyone have a use for GAME ONLY... I mostly only wanted the guns (is the game playable without the gun)[/QUOTE]

8.75 base for game only
+30% Wii games coupon
+10% edge card

5.75 base gun
+10% edge

One of the reasons why I did not mention the free game here until 10pm saturday night was for CAGS to get the deal first. Although, it seemed no one gave a shit once I started dropping hints. It wasn't until the TIV was said that everyone started getting all hyped up. I didn't even check the TIV because I felt it was a garbage game. Had I been in peek performance, I would have "Grabbed dem shits" like a diabetic in desperate need of his insulin. I was well aware of this thursday/friday. That is why this deal lasted a day. Because of low amount of knowledge. Once it spread beyond here, it was done.

[quote name='Estebon']One of the reasons why I did not mention the free game here until 10pm saturday night was for CAGS to get the deal first. Although, it seemed no one gave a shit once I started dropping hints. It wasn't until the TIV was said that everyone started getting all hyped up. I didn't even check the TIV because I felt it was a garbage game. Had I been in peek performance, I would have "Grabbed dem shits" like a diabetic in desperate need of his insulin. I was well aware of this thursday/friday. That is why this deal lasted a day. Because of low amount of knowledge. Once it spread beyond here, it was done.[/QUOTE]

so you are sherlock holmes? I guess kudos for putting it all together, would have just taken an ad scan, quick glance at the Gamer's Club coupons, then fingers crossed in anticipation..I'll admit that I slacked off on comparing after Feb and all this month up until now, it was kinda dry..

certainly you didn't mean the deal was live Thurs/Fri..

Man, a bunch of cry babies around here. No reason to argue any one person in particular, but I agree with Strell, no one killed the deal. The deal killed itself. Best Buy is stupid for having these coupons over and over again, but they are getting better at identifying when there is a problem. How can they not notice thousands of items being sold that didn sell more than 1 or 2 a day before?

I missed this deal because I was too busy playing GoW3 last night (god forbid we PLAY our games once in a while) and working today (need to be able to pay for something). But next time I will be ready.

EDIT: Almost forgot, to the guy who worked at CVS and saw someone buy 15 blood monitors which denied an elderly couple who needed one, that is unforgiveable and that person should be shot. Buying games that no one NEEDS is one thing, but buying all of an item that deals with your health is a completely different ballgame and should be frowned upon by EVERYONE. (Strell, me and all of you)

[quote name='wrencrest']

EDIT: Almost forgot, to the guy who worked at CVS and saw someone buy 15 blood monitors which denied an elderly couple who needed one, that is unforgiveable and that person should be shot. Buying games that no one NEEDS is one thing, but buying all of an item that deals with your health is a completely different ballgame and should be frowned upon by EVERYONE. (Strell, me and all of you)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the least that guy could've done was sell that old couple the thing at regular price.

Damn some of you guys are real bastards.

I thought I was an asshole with the 6 that I got between my fiance and I. Although aside from the one copy I traded in to gamestop the other 5 went to family and friends with wii's. It's not like I was there to flip. Believe me I'm not justifying but still.

Most of you are dicks and I don't know how anyone can blame SD and FW when CAG is just as bad. 35? Come on dude, do you really have nothing better to do?

[quote name='wrencrest']Man, a bunch of cry babies around here. No reason to argue any one person in particular, but I agree with Strell, no one killed the deal. The deal killed itself. Best Buy is stupid for having these coupons over and over again, but they are getting better at identifying when there is a problem. How can they not notice thousands of items being sold that didn sell more than 1 or 2 a day before?"[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I also think people are overlooking the fact that the system may have been updated anyway, in the same amount of time, regardless of what any CAG, Slickdealer, fatwalleter, or Bruticus did. Surely it stands to reason that they noticed this quicker because of our actions, but there is no proof (as Strell is suggesting) that anything that any of us did caused the system to be updated.

[quote name='wrencrest']Man, a bunch of cry babies around here. No reason to argue any one person in particular, but I agree with Strell, no one killed the deal. The deal killed itself. Best Buy is stupid for having these coupons over and over again, but they are getting better at identifying when there is a problem. How can they not notice thousands of items being sold that didn sell more than 1 or 2 a day before?

I missed this deal because I was too busy playing GoW3 last night (god forbid we PLAY our games once in a while) and working today (need to be able to pay for something). But next time I will be ready.

EDIT: Almost forgot, to the guy who worked at CVS and saw someone buy 15 blood monitors which denied an elderly couple who needed one, that is unforgiveable and that person should be shot. Buying games that no one NEEDS is one thing, but buying all of an item that deals with your health is a completely different ballgame and should be frowned upon by EVERYONE. (Strell, me and all of you)[/QUOTE]

Why does one need 15 Blood monitors? If this is something that people will need than it make less sense for one person to buy all of them.

[quote name='token2k6']so you are sherlock holmes? I guess kudos for putting it all together, would have just taken an ad scan, quick glance at the Gamer's Club coupons, then fingers crossed in anticipation..I'll admit that I slacked off on comparing after Feb and all this month up until now, it was kinda dry..

certainly you didn't mean the deal was live Thurs/Fri..[/QUOTE]

I saw the ad and put 2 and 2 together. No one, and I mean no one else even mentioned it. No one cared. I told a select few, and that was it. I saw what happened with FTF and I wanted this off SD and elsewhere. I mentioned FTFs first here in my December BBRZ thread. I lasted what, hours? I wasn't going to let that happen again. Had I mentioned this early, it would have been done early. I gave CAGS the best chance and it looks like low knowledge made this one last longer.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Damn some of you guys are real bastards.

I thought I was an asshole with the 6 that I got between my fiance and I. Although aside from the one copy I traded in to gamestop the other 5 went to family and friends with wii's. It's not like I was there to flip. Believe me I'm not justifying but still.

Most of you are dicks and I don't know how anyone can blame SD and FW when CAG is just as bad. 35? Come on dude, do you really have nothing better to do?[/QUOTE]

wah!! I just gave mine away and that makes me a better person, wah!!! I hate you guys, wah!!! I have important things to do in my life, wah!!!! You guys are so pathetic, wah!!!!! I can't wait til a moderator erases this, wah!!!!!

[quote name='62t']Why does one need 15 Blood monitors? If this is something that people will need than it make less sense for one person to buy all of them.[/QUOTE]
The guy who worked at CVS said they were free after coupon. So it stands to reason this bastard was getting them to resell. This is exactly why most companies have a limit on their coups or other specials. I am still surprised BB coups state 3 of any one system on theirs! You would think they would restrict it to 1, or maybe 2.

[quote name='m00p2000']wah[/QUOTE]

Oh boy I am deeply offended, you probably just drove me to suicide.

Seriously? That is the weakest attempt to offend someone ever.

I'm not all butthurt that the deal is dead or that people hoarded, I'm just calling it like it is. If you have nothing better to do with you're life than buy 35 copies then you really don't have much of a life at all and you're probably a pretty big asshole.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Oh boy I am deeply offended, you probably just drove me to suicide.

Seriously? That is the weakest attempt to offend someone ever.

I'm not all butthurt that the deal is dead or that people hoarded, I'm just calling it like it is. If you have nothing better to do with you're life than buy 35 copies then you really don't have much of a life at all and you're probably a pretty big asshole.[/QUOTE]

wah!!! I'm not butthurt even though I am, wah!!!!! You're a weak offender, wah!!!! I have better things to do with y life, wah!!!! You're an asshole , wah!!!!

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Damn some of you guys are real bastards.

Most of you are dicks and I don't know how anyone can blame SD and FW when CAG is just as bad. 35? Come on dude, do you really have nothing better to do?[/QUOTE]

Dude, it was a free game. You profited from it by getting 6, I profited by getting 35. Does not matter by how much or whatever, BB made a mistake and we/others took advantage of it.

We are all guilty of the same shit if we are guilty of anything at all. Go ahead and think "oh well I know it was bad but I'm not as bad as this guy and I can post on the internetz and let everyone think I'm not as bad" if it makes you feel better.

People gripping that they did not profit as much as others because someone screwed up.

[quote name='m00p2000']wah!!![/QUOTE]

And congratulations you are the first person I'm ever ignoring on here. And don't feel special because I've gone without banning much bigger bastards than you but at least they put some sort of intelligent insults into it making a bit of sport but you, it's just pathetic.

[quote name='nixmahn']Dude, it was a free game. You profited from it by getting 6, I profited by getting 35. Does not matter by how much or whatever, BB made a mistake and we/others took advantage of it.

We are all guilty of the same shit if we are guilty of anything at all. Go ahead and think "oh well I know it was bad but I'm not as bad as this guy and I can post on the internetz and let everyone think I'm as bad" if it makes you feel better.

People gripping that they did not profit as much as others because someone screwed up.[/QUOTE]

Did I not say that I considered myself an asshole? The difference is I'm a lessor form of asshole. Just like stealing is stealing but if you steal a video game from a store you can bet you're ass you're going to get in a lot less trouble than if you stole a car. Okay maybe it's not the best anology but my point is there are varying degrees of dickery. I at least left over 6+ copies in the store and gave them away instead of having profit in my eyes.

Got 9 this morning between me and my wife, five to gamestop for almost $100 in credit, one for the kids and three probably give away as gifts. Was going to get a few more as my local bestbuy had literally 100-120 of these bundles left even after we got 9 but deal was dead upon return good while it lasted though.

[quote name='m00p2000']wah!!! I'm not butthurt even though I am, wah!!!!! You're a weak offender, wah!!!! I have better things to do with y life, wah!!!! You're an asshole , wah!!!![/QUOTE]

Please stop embarassing yourself.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']And congratulations you are the first person I'm ever ignoring on here. And don't feel special because I've gone without banning much bigger bastards than you but at least they put some sort of intelligent insults into it making a bit of sport but you, it's just pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Wah!!!! I am banning you first, wah!!!!! Unintelligent insults, wah!!!! A bit of sport, wahhh!!!! I'm secretly actually reading what you have to say about me, wah!!!!!! I'm loathing myself on the inside cuz I care what you have to say about me on the internetz, wah!!!!! Pathetic, wah!!!!!

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Did I not say that I considered myself an asshole? The difference is I'm a lessor form of asshole. Just like stealing is stealing but if you steal a video game from a store you can bet you're ass you're going to get in a lot less trouble than if you stole a car. Okay maybe it's not the best anology but my point is there are varying degrees of dickery. I at least left over 6+ copies in the store and gave them away instead of having profit in my eyes.[/QUOTE]

when I left there was over 10+ copies, what's your point

I stopped by my BestBuy an hour ago and they had several copies on the shelf. I did not want to be an ass so I only took 2.
So what is the definite trade-in value at GameStop? I don't have an edge card.
Also where do you get this 30% Wii coupon?

Thanks

[quote name='m00p2000']Wah!!!! I am banning you first, wah!!!!! Unintelligent insults, wah!!!! A bit of sport, wahhh!!!! I'm secretly actually reading what you have to say about me, wah!!!!!! I'm loathing myself on the inside cuz I care what you have to say about me on the internetz, wah!!!!! Pathetic, wah!!!!![/QUOTE]

Does anyone still feel like arguing that CAGs are better than SDers?

[quote name='nixmahn']when I left there was over 10+ copies, what's your point[/QUOTE]

His point is he doesn't have a point. He is holier than thou cuz he is so enlightened. Just be glad you got the 35 and he was too stupid enough to not get it. The people on here bitch and moan a lot when you get a good deal. It just comes with the site.

[quote name='dino88']Does anyone still feel like arguing that CAGs are better than SDers?[/QUOTE]

Wah!!! I'm a CAG and Sders suck, wah!!!

Hope that helps push the argument along. Everybody can pile their seething hatred onto me. I'll bear the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back