Best Buy March Reward Zone Gamers Club Offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

donut

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
Coupons are up for March (thanks EvilIA)

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=20_OFFPlease before posting basic program "how it works" type of questions .....
Take a few minutes to sign up (free and simple) or if already signed up ... to familiarize yourself with the Best Buy Reward Zone/Gamer's Zone site.
It's very easy to navigate!
IF you have printer issues, BBuy has computer/printers set up for you to access your account and print coupons or reward zone certificates (I've done this many times at various locations...just ask and a staff member will point you to a pc to use)
[quote name='MrNEWZ']Sad note--- if you use BB gift cards on games (or Gamer or Reward Zone certificates), you don't get money spent towards the Gamer's Club (or points in Rewards Zone, but that is "known."). I always hate getting gift cards or points since I know I'll spend the money there on stuff. I always find myself sitting on the GCs or Certs until I can blow them on CDs, DVD blank media, BRD, or some random tech item I can't wait to have shipped to me... alas.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='MrNEWZ']A quick follow-up though, Rewards Certs OR Gift Cards do not impact BING CASHBACK at all. So, if you planning on using either, use BestBuy.com for in store pick up.
Yes, I am this sad that I have tested it. I got $4 cash back on an out of pocket (gift card) purchase of $3. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

I'm with a few other members, that the Endless Ocean 150 points starting Monday is a "most likely" buy.
I noticed all copies of Endless Ocean ($29.99) are bundled with wii speak ... a veteran staff member at BBuy believes the first shipment or two will have the wii speak included but in the near future it will be game only for $29.99. He noted this was just like wii Resort that original was bundled with 2 motion controller attachments and then only came with one.
BBuyMarch001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Super weak deals. Shouldn't the coupon be for Mx vs ATV Reflex and not the one that came out over a year ago?

Don't jump the gun on Infamous. Should be able to get for 20 by June.

Actually I don't buy games for RZ credit, infact in my town I don't have a bestbuy.

It just seems odd to offer extra RZ points for a game in the same month as it releases, but two weeks after.

Thanks for the info Donut. Sent a thumbs down on the SD post, no credit given to CAG.

When do the coupons go up to be printed off? I just joined Gamer's Club last month, and my offers on the page still have last month's. I'm really only curious because NMH2 is definitely a buy now. I've been meaning to get it.

$5 off for Bioshock 2, Mass Effect and MAG? That will just cover the taxes for me! Does Best Buy know that amazon.com sells games with no taxes? GTFO...

[quote name='coppanuva']When do the coupons go up to be printed off? I just joined Gamer's Club last month, and my offers on the page still have last month's. I'm really only curious because NMH2 is definitely a buy now. I've been meaning to get it.[/QUOTE]

Usually the night before or early morning of the start of the coupons (typically Monday mornings). Of course if they are having "issues" w/ the website, then the coupons could be delayed till later in the day.

EFFING A BS! I just bought Endless Ocean yesterday. $30 title for 150 points, that is one of the better ones yet! well, time to do a return, rebuy..wonder if I even need to.

Funny story too about a return / RZ promo deal. When NSMBWii came out they had that promo if you bought it first week you got a 500 pts wii card. Well, I bought it day one, but then the B2G1 glitch hit, so I flipped games to get it at GS and returned my BB copy. Well yesterday in the mail, I get a random envelope w/ a half-cocked address sticker on there (very unprofessional looking) and low and behold, the card was in there! I was very happy :) This is what 3-4 months later?? Guess you never really know what is going on at BB central :lol:

[quote name='donut']Just take t he receipt in, they will do a return rebuy.

and while it's not 100%, sale items still combine with these coupons.
Infamous is a great game....

No, sorry this is NOT necessary, just take the receipt in during the points period and less than the return period (30-45 days)[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys..I'll give it a shot tomorrow!

[quote name='donut']uh, the 1st is Monday :roll:[/QUOTE]

And so it is.. My bank sent my statement, which the usually send on the first of the month, yesterday. All kind of messed up my days!

[quote name='tinyandi']I may have to purchase Heavy Rain given this offer. I have a digital $20 gift cert from Best Buy (since they never sent me Sudoku Balls) that expires 3/8/10.[/QUOTE]

Great game and with the GS 50% trade-in promo extended till the 15th...you would garner $40 back in credit. (I am assuming the TIV will hold on this one at $25).

[quote name='cthomer5000']You could always buy another copy and then return that new game with your original receipt.

People seem to constantly overlook this very obvious option.[/QUOTE]

I was with someone that tried to do this before.
They gave him shit because the bar code didn't match the purchase code.

I told him about 1000 times that wouldn't fly. Talk about OBVIOUS.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']I was with someone that tried to do this before.

I told him about 1000 times that wouldn't fly. Talk about OBVIOUS.[/QUOTE]

FOR THE THIRD AND LAST TIME.:drool:
JUST TAKE THE RECEIPT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR THE ONE YOU BOUGHT ON THE 1ST (MONDAY/TOMORROW) ASK THEM TO PLEASE DO A RETURN/REBUY SO THAT YOU MAY GAIN YOUR 150 POINTS. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TURNED DOWN BUT IF THEY HESITATE, REMIND THEM YOU COULD JUST WALK OVER BUY ONE AND THEN WALK OVER TO CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH THAT COPY AND RETURN WITH LAST WEEK'S RECEIPT.
MONDAY IS MERELY THE FIRST DAY YOU CAN DO THIS...ANYTIME UNTIL THE POINTS PROMO ENDS WILL WORK.
UPC CODES WILL NOT BE AN ISSUE.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I am the same way man. I had $300 to burn and used only $50 of it so far on Star Ocean TLH International.

I did like WKC when I rented it to give it a whirl and $10 off isn't bad. I just don't know when I would get to it with FF XIII, GoW III, Pokemon SoulSilver, BF:BC 2, and Lunar Silver Star Harmony all hitting within a 3 week period. :bouncy:

Not to mention I kinda want to get The Show this year.[/QUOTE]

Sad note--- if you use BB gift cards on games, you don't get money spent towards the Gamer's Club (or points in Rewards Zone, but that is "known."). I always hate getting gift cards or points since I know I'll spend the money there on stuff. I always find myself sitting on the GCs or Certs until I can blow them on CDs, DVD blank media, BRD, or some random tech item I can't wait to have shipped to me... alas.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Sad note--- if you use BB gift cards on games, you don't get money spent towards the Gamer's Club (or points in Rewards Zone, but that is "known."). I always hate getting gift cards or points since I know I'll spend the money there on stuff. I always find myself sitting on the GCs or Certs until I can blow them on CDs, DVD blank media, BRD, or some random tech item I can't wait to have shipped to me... alas.[/QUOTE]

Good basic info.
added to the first page

[quote name='jmarano7836']yeahhh... so no free games it appears, and Infamous is currently listed at 39.99 for best buy with the $10 coupon making it 30 out the door.. if they drop it to 19.99 or 29.99 even - the coupon I would def be in... 10 or 20 bucks would be a steal.
link to best buy infamous
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Infamou....p?id=1218069255482&skuId=9254148&st=infamous[/QUOTE]

I'm also hoping for the drop. But i doubt it's gonna happen.
Fingers crossed though.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']I was with someone that tried to do this before.

I told him about 1000 times that wouldn't fly. Talk about OBVIOUS.[/QUOTE]

the barcode is the same on every copy of a given game (unless there is a special version). same with books, cds.

there is no way to tell two sealed copies apart (unless a store puts a secondary, item specific sticker on, but few do this since there isn't much point).

so... i don't really understand your story, though you've been here for years so i don't doubt it... care to explain further, i'm missing something.

[quote name='affa']the barcode is the same on every copy of a given game (unless there is a special version). same with books, cds.

there is no way to tell two sealed copies apart (unless a store puts a secondary, item specific sticker on, but few do this since there isn't much point).

so... i don't really understand your story, though you've been here for years so i don't doubt it... care to explain further, i'm missing something.[/QUOTE]

Especially if he bought the game from Best Buy in the first place; there should be absolutely no difference.

[quote name='affa']the barcode is the same on every copy of a given game (unless there is a special version). same with books, cds.

so... i don't really understand your story, though you've been here for years so i don't doubt it... care to explain further, i'm missing something.[/QUOTE]

Actually now that I think of it, If I recall correctly I think it had something to do with matching up after purchase with credit card (not cash). I really couldn't tell you specifics seeing that it was around black Friday about 2 years ago.

My local best buy's are complete assmeat when it comes to customer service though. So location is another factor. I try to buy as little from them as possible because I just can't stand them at all around here.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Actually now that I think of it, If I recall correctly I think it had something to do with matching up after purchase with credit card (not cash). I really couldn't tell you specifics seeing that it was around black Friday about 2 years ago.

My local best buy's are complete assmeat when it comes to customer service though. So location is another factor. I try to buy as little from them as possible because I just can't stand them at all around here.[/QUOTE]

ok, that makes more sense. sometimes if you can't provide the original credit card for a return that can mess up a return (though you can sometimes get around this by saying it was a gift).

[quote name='donut']Good basic info.
added to the first page[/QUOTE]

A quick follow-up though, Rewards Certs OR Gift Cards do not impact BING CASHBACK at all. So, if you planning on using either, use BestBuy.com for in store pick up.

Yes, I am this sad that I have tested it. I got $4 cash back on an out of pocket (gift card) purchase of $3. Awesome.

Thanks OP, my BBY did not have the March leaflets out, yet. I had hoped for a deal on Wii Shiren the Wanderer. Oh well, may be next month.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Sad note--- if you use BB gift cards on games, you don't get money spent towards the Gamer's Club (or points in Rewards Zone, but that is "known."). I always hate getting gift cards or points since I know I'll spend the money there on stuff. I always find myself sitting on the GCs or Certs until I can blow them on CDs, DVD blank media, BRD, or some random tech item I can't wait to have shipped to me... alas.[/QUOTE]

You could always ask that your gift cards come in the form of a Visa gift card so that it could be handled as a charge and still get credit. I think this would work, has anyone tried it out yet?

Too bad my motto for BB no longer fits for games.(Free Ass Gamer)

It only fits for eventually free LotR steelbooks.(once I return the preorder receipt after the movie comes out)

[quote name='oakafanforlife']You could always ask that your gift cards come in the form of a Visa gift card so that it could be handled as a charge and still get credit. I think this would work, has anyone tried it out yet?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy gift cards don't have any Credit Card institution backing them. They're essentially store credit. When purchasing online, Gift Cards are used like coupons, so are Reward Zone Certificates.

If BB had CREDIT CARD Gift Cards for sale (like say, Publix or other retailers), this would be a perfect swap... but no BB that I'm aware of has this to fix the potential issue.

-Michael

Weird on the MLB 2K10. It releases on 3/2. You'd think they'd offer the 150 points as an incentive to get people to buy it there on release. Instead, people can wait two weeks or longer and then find a sale or get the 150 points at that point. Just seems like they would want to get people earlier instead of later.

I'll keep my eyes on this. If they throw it on sale one week during the 150 point span, I'll be all over it.

[quote name='mtsouth']Weird on the MLB 2K10. It releases on 3/2. You'd think they'd offer the 150 points as an incentive to get people to buy it there on release. Instead, people can wait two weeks or longer and then find a sale or get the 150 points at that point. Just seems like they would want to get people earlier instead of later.

I'll keep my eyes on this. If they throw it on sale one week during the 150 point span, I'll be all over it.[/QUOTE]

They did the same thing on MAss Effect 2. Nothing the week it came out, but 2 weeks later you got 150 points with purchase.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Best Buy gift cards don't have any Credit Card institution backing them. They're essentially store credit. When purchasing online, Gift Cards are used like coupons, so are Reward Zone Certificates.

If BB had CREDIT CARD Gift Cards for sale (like say, Publix or other retailers), this would be a perfect swap... but no BB that I'm aware of has this to fix the potential issue.

-Michael[/QUOTE]

At first you did get rewardzone points when using a gift card, then they changed it to where the person buying the gift card got the points. not sure if that's still the case.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Best Buy gift cards don't have any Credit Card institution backing them. They're essentially store credit. When purchasing online, Gift Cards are used like coupons, so are Reward Zone Certificates.

-Michael[/QUOTE]

What I meant was, getting a preloaded Visa card from a bank and using that to buy from Best Buy. Instead of Gift Cards from Best Buy, they could get the gift card that way so when you paying, you're paying from a Visa card, not the best buy gift card. Do you understand what I mean? I'm at the end of a long week, so my posts may be a little fuzzy. :drool:

While the coupons aren't up as of this writing, looking at previous offers, it appears BB puts its SKU number on them. The UMD and digital download versions of GT5 have different SKUs, so I suppose we'll find out soon enough if the coupon will work on both or just one. Though if the coupon is only valid on one version, you could make a stink about it and get a sympathetic cashier or manager to honor the discount either way. Of course, that will be very much YMMV.

[quote name='saturnotaku']While the coupons aren't up as of this writing, looking at previous offers, it appears BB puts its SKU number on them. The UMD and digital download versions of GT5 have different SKUs, so I suppose we'll find out soon enough if the coupon will work on both or just one. Though if the coupon is only valid on one version, you could make a stink about it and get a sympathetic cashier or manager to honor the discount either way. Of course, that will be very much YMMV.[/QUOTE]

THIS, I've sad it many times on here, but a week after the PSP Go game out, I was able to PM a GT digital card to a Fry's UMD price of $19.99. This was only 3 weeks after the game came out too! I just rationalized w/ the CSR rep and laid all the cards on the table, she bought it, PMd it no problem. I would only go to the CS counter to try this. Maybe you will get a higher level rep who won't need a manager code for an override. the less people involved, the beter!

however, I think that since this originated in-house at BB, they should be more lenient.

[quote name='jeremiahkd']Does anyone else think that they're going to have a FF13 deal in April?[/QUOTE]

I'm betting the deal will but 150 RZ points 2 weeks after the game launches.

Coupon only shows the UMD SKU for GT. I'll hit up my local BB at lunch to see if I can snag the download version for the same price.

[quote name='saturnotaku']Coupon only shows the UMD SKU for GT. I'll hit up my local BB at lunch to see if I can snag the download version for the same price.[/QUOTE]

Wait, why wouldn't you want the UMD version? Unless you have a Go? I'd personally still prefer a physical copy of a game to a digital one when it comes to the PSP, and I don't have any probs with UMD discs.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Wait, why wouldn't you want the UMD version? Unless you have a Go? I'd personally still prefer a physical copy of a game to a digital one when it comes to the PSP, and I don't have any probs with UMD discs.[/QUOTE]

Faster loading times, better battery life, less wear on the UMD drive, and as you said, this is the only choice if you have a Go.

I was just shut down on GT download card. At first she didn't even know I handed her a coupon. Then she said the coupon wasnt for the game,but for a points card. Sigh. I told her the card is for a download of the game, and she said if she applied the coupon, it would take $ off the card. Double sigh. I was on my lunch break so maybe I will try again later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, the links just take me to the main Reward Zone page.

Also, anybody know if the bonus 150 points are automatic when you use your RZ card or does it require a coupon because I don't see a coupon on the RZ Gamer's Club site.

[quote name='woodcan']Um, the links just take me to the main Reward Zone page.

Also, anybody know if the bonus 150 points are automatic when you use your RZ card or does it require a coupon because I don't see a coupon on the RZ Gamer's Club site.[/QUOTE]

The points should be automatic when you use your RZ card, cause they get added to that card.

At least that is how it's always worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back