Best Buy March Reward Zone Gamers Club Offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

donut

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
Coupons are up for March (thanks EvilIA)

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=20_OFFPlease before posting basic program "how it works" type of questions .....
Take a few minutes to sign up (free and simple) or if already signed up ... to familiarize yourself with the Best Buy Reward Zone/Gamer's Zone site.
It's very easy to navigate!
IF you have printer issues, BBuy has computer/printers set up for you to access your account and print coupons or reward zone certificates (I've done this many times at various locations...just ask and a staff member will point you to a pc to use)
[quote name='MrNEWZ']Sad note--- if you use BB gift cards on games (or Gamer or Reward Zone certificates), you don't get money spent towards the Gamer's Club (or points in Rewards Zone, but that is "known."). I always hate getting gift cards or points since I know I'll spend the money there on stuff. I always find myself sitting on the GCs or Certs until I can blow them on CDs, DVD blank media, BRD, or some random tech item I can't wait to have shipped to me... alas.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='MrNEWZ']A quick follow-up though, Rewards Certs OR Gift Cards do not impact BING CASHBACK at all. So, if you planning on using either, use BestBuy.com for in store pick up.
Yes, I am this sad that I have tested it. I got $4 cash back on an out of pocket (gift card) purchase of $3. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

I'm with a few other members, that the Endless Ocean 150 points starting Monday is a "most likely" buy.
I noticed all copies of Endless Ocean ($29.99) are bundled with wii speak ... a veteran staff member at BBuy believes the first shipment or two will have the wii speak included but in the near future it will be game only for $29.99. He noted this was just like wii Resort that original was bundled with 2 motion controller attachments and then only came with one.
BBuyMarch001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stingermck']I was just shut down on GT download card. At first she didn't even know I handed her a coupon. Then she said the coupon wasnt for the game,but for a points card. Sigh. I told her the card is for a download of the game, and she said if she applied the coupon, it would take $ off the card. Double sigh. I was on my lunch break so maybe I will try again later.[/QUOTE]

I tried at 2 different Best Buys, with the cashier at one store, at the CS desk at the other, no dice. Oh well.

No More Heroes 2 is going for more than $40 used on Ebay/Amazon.

Looks like I just found a home for my $15 Best Buy reward zone coupon.

Cheers.

Hurray for Employee Feedback time. Bestbuy Corprate wants to know how to make RZGC better and is asking employees for help, I want to ask people here for ideas. Please don't ask for more free games, that wont fly and i will most likely be ignored. Thanks to all, your friendly Cheepassgamer/Bestbuy employee.

[quote name='bigassboy']Hurray for Employee Feedback time. Bestbuy Corprate wants to know how to make RZGC better and is asking employees for help, I want to ask people here for ideas. Please don't ask for more free games, that wont fly and i will most likely be ignored. Thanks to all, your friendly Cheepassgamer/Bestbuy employee.[/QUOTE]

Another B2G1 free where it makes the most expensive game of the three free?:D Hey, you said not to ask for more free games and with a B2G1 every game isn't free.

Hopefully, if they have one of these they'll still have the $5 copies of Rock Revolution and Red Dead Redemption, Just Cause 2, God Of War 3 and some other bigger name sequels and games will be out by then.;)

Got the $10 back on my TvC purchase from last month. I brought in the coupon and the receipt and a few minutes later I had $10 and some change in cash and coins... that I promptly gave back to them by putting it towards Endless Ocean: Blue World w/ WiiSpeak for $30.

Bigboy

For the rzgc the bonus points take far to long to clear after I earn the points fom the Rz. If my return window is 30 days my bonusponits should not take another 30 days after I already waited 30 days

Just to clarify, the bonus points for Endless Ocean simply require a purchase and swipe of the card and no coupon, correct? I picked up two copies last night and then realized this morning that there was a bonus for it.

All junk this month. I'm amazed there are no deals on FFXIII as well (even though I've already preordered at Amazon).

WOW! I can get 20 whole dollars off of Madden or NCAA 2010? I can;t wait for that! And I'll have 2 or 3 whole months of playtime before the new one comes out.

I'm guessing the same 50 copies of Madden that my BB has will still be there once this coupon is done...

Man, we JUST missed getting BL for free by a week since the price dropped to $20 yesterday. You win this round BB. . .

[quote name='crazedracerguy']WOW! I can get 20 whole dollars off of Madden or NCAA 2010? I can;t wait for that! And I'll have 2 or 3 whole months of playtime before the new one comes out.

I'm guessing the same 50 copies of Madden that my BB has will still be there once this coupon is done...[/QUOTE]

If they dropped it to $19.99 MSRP before the coupon hits though;) AND Gamestop was still doing the 'trade Madden 10 for Madden 11 after paying $20', you could do a pre-order for Madden 11 and then switch it for an already released game perhaps.

Newer title for $20 instead of anywhere near MSRP, sign me up.:D

[quote name='SPARDA3g']Hey guys!

If you want Battlefield: Bad Company 2, maybe you should wait for March 7 if you have patient:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/premier/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO1_ME2[/QUOTE]

Earn 250 bonus points
with purchase of
these select games

They’re some of the hottest titles from the EA gaming franchise. And for one week only, each will score you some sweet bonus points as a Reward Zone® program Gamers Club member.

From March 7 — 13, you’ll earn 250 Reward Zone Gamers Club bonus points — a $5 value — for each of the games and formats below.

Battlefield Bad Company 2, Dragon Age Origins, and Mass Effect 2....

[quote name='Jodou']Man, we JUST missed getting BL for free by a week since the price dropped to $20 yesterday. You win this round BB. . .[/QUOTE]

Probably not. I think it's getting smarter. Last time there was an msrp drop that could have scored a free game, they didn't do it until after the coupon was expired (iirc).

[quote name='donut']Earn 250 bonus points
with purchase of
these select games

They’re some of the hottest titles from the EA gaming franchise. And for one week only, each will score you some sweet bonus points as a Reward Zone® program Gamers Club member.

From March 7 — 13, you’ll earn 250 Reward Zone Gamers Club bonus points — a $5 value — for each of the games and formats below.

Battlefield Bad Company 2, Dragon Age Origins, and Mass Effect 2....[/QUOTE]

Not the greatest deal imop. Could find a better one. But that's just my 2cents.

[quote name='kiribee']Bleh, I just might pick up Tatsunoko vs Capcom now since they send you a free towel to later :D[/QUOTE]

Woah! You weren't kidding about the towel! LMAO...that's too funny. :applause:

I've read that if you use a gift card to buy Endless Ocean 2, you won't get the 150 bonus Reward Zone points. Is it the same for Reward Zone Certs? Or basically, is the only way to get the 150 extra points is to pay full price? My apologies if that has been asked before. Thanks.

[quote name='kodave']I've read that if you use a gift card to buy Endless Ocean 2, you won't get the 150 bonus Reward Zone points. Is it the same for Reward Zone Certs? Or basically, is the only way to get the 150 extra points is to pay full price? My apologies if that has been asked before. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Sorry No, games bought with Gift Cards or Reward/Gamers Zone GCs do not qualify for any points.
This makes sense as BBuy already issued points for the Gift Card purchase or the purchases made to earn Gift Certificates.

[quote name='bigassboy']Hurray for Employee Feedback time. Bestbuy Corprate wants to know how to make RZGC better and is asking employees for help, I want to ask people here for ideas. Please don't ask for more free games, that wont fly and i will most likely be ignored. Thanks to all, your friendly Cheepassgamer/Bestbuy employee.[/QUOTE]

Tell them to set reward zone points on a rolling 12 month period. Make them good 12 months from when they are earned instead of the end of the calendar year.

Speed up the processing time for points to be rewarded.

Fix the reward certificate function on the site. If you have enough points to print a $10 cert, but you cancel (by hitting the cancel button) and try to get 2 $5 certs, the system will still print out the $10 cert in a few days.

[quote name='slowdive21']Tell them to set reward zone points on a rolling 12 month period. Make them good 12 months from when they are earned instead of the end of the calendar year.

Speed up the processing time for points to be rewarded.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, especially the rolling points thing. I was getting close to Silver Membership only to have everything reset in January. Really dumb, esp. since most of my purchases were the later half of the year.

[quote name='slowdive21']Tell them to set reward zone points on a rolling 12 month period. Make them good 12 months from when they are earned instead of the end of the calendar year.

Speed up the processing time for points to be rewarded.

Fix the reward certificate function on the site. If you have enough points to print a $10 cert, but you cancel (by hitting the cancel button) and try to get 2 $5 certs, the system will still print out the $10 cert in a few days.[/QUOTE]

this. obviously no expiration would be preferred but this is a good compromise if bb is insisting on one.

[quote name='donut']Sorry No, games bought with Gift Cards or Reward/Gamers Zone GCs do not qualify for any points.
This makes sense as BBuy already issued points for the Gift Card purchase or the purchases made to earn Gift Certificates.[/QUOTE]

The bonus should still be awarded, but the base for purchasing is not.

I don't have anything where I used a gift card and got the bonus recently, but I do recall getting it in the past as it is triggered by the game going out the door, not the price.

A bit disappointed with BB right now there were no ads indicating if you are a BBR member that you would get bonus points for buying BF2. But now I just got an email and its says:

Earn 250 Bonus Points ($5 Value) with purchase of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for PC, PS3 or Xbox 360. Valid 3/7/10 - 3/14/10.

That sucks seeing as how BF2 came out the other day and this offer is not valid till the 7th.

[quote name='slowdive21']Tell them to set reward zone points on a rolling 12 month period. Make them good 12 months from when they are earned instead of the end of the calendar year.[/QUOTE] I completely agree with this. The new calendar year points expiration policy is just idiotic. The busiest shopping times of the year are Black Friday and Christmas time. Let's take away all motivation for Rewardzone members to buy from Best Buy during these holidays by having all points expire before they are even posted to their accounts. Brilliant!

[quote name='Shimrra']A bit disappointed with BB right now there were no ads indicating if you are a BBR member that you would get bonus points for buying BF2. But now I just got an email and its says:

Earn 250 Bonus Points ($5 Value) with purchase of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for PC, PS3 or Xbox 360. Valid 3/7/10 - 3/14/10.

That sucks seeing as how BF2 came out the other day and this offer is not valid till the 7th.[/QUOTE]

Go to the store with the receipt and they should do a return/rebuy with the item that allows it to register as a purchase during that time period.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Go to the store with the receipt and they should do a return/rebuy with the item that allows it to register as a purchase during that time period.[/QUOTE]

Thanx I am going to try that on the 7th.

Reward Zone Gamers Club members: Earn 500 bonus points ($10 value) with the purchase of any of these titles during the first week of their release:

I have a $5 certificate, I could use it to get God of War 3.... do you think it's worth it?

Hmm...Glory of Hercules only got a 6, but sounds kind of pleasant from the review, and I liked Paon's DK: King of Swing. Actually sounds like I'd like it more than most Japanese RPGs.

I'm prining a coupon for the heck of it. $25...maybe.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']okay one more thing say I preorder FF13 , does my card get charged immediately or not until it ships ?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure when I pre-ordered Mass Effect 2 I was charged immediately, since I remember them having to issue a refund when I decided to cancel the order (which they make you annoyingly call them to do) and go with Amazon instead (free release date shipping > paying for shipping and not getting it release date)

[quote name='Sancho1978']What the hell.. the 150 extra point coupon is gone. I wanted to go get my points for Endless Ocean.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you needed a coupon, I may be wrong though

I finally had a chance to go tonight and try and get my points.. the chick told me I needed the coupon, which I forgot to print out before I left. So I got on their computer there to print out a copy of the coupon... it wasn't listed anymore on the gamer reward zone coupon page. So I got home and checked to make sure there wasn't something freaking going down on their computer.... no dice.

No biggie if I can't get it.. but it kinda sucks to advertise something for a few days and they totally take it away. Meh..

Hey guys, Best Buy question. I just got this month's reward zone coupons in the mail this weekend...you know, the ones that are 10% just about anything as long as it's not already on sale. They kick in this Friday and go through the weekend.

Do you think this will work on FF13? As far as I can tell, the price of the game is regular price, even though they're giving you extra Reward Zone points for buying it the first week. Do you think they'll stack both deals?

If it seems they'll stack the deals, then I"ll hold off until Friday to try it. I just don't know if they'll be sold out of games by then...if so, then I lose out on both deals.

It seems a lot of CAG members buy ahead of time, then go in for a price adjustment...is this one of those cases where they'd give me the 10% off on Friday if I bought the game on Tuesday?

Mike

[quote name='Sancho1978']I finally had a chance to go tonight and try and get my points.. the chick told me I needed the coupon, which I forgot to print out before I left. So I got on their computer there to print out a copy of the coupon... it wasn't listed anymore on the gamer reward zone coupon page. So I got home and checked to make sure there wasn't something freaking going down on their computer.... no dice.

No biggie if I can't get it.. but it kinda sucks to advertise something for a few days and they totally take it away. Meh..[/QUOTE]

FOR THE THIRD AND FINAL TIME.
For any GAMER BONUS points - THERE IS NO COUPON NEEDED!,
JUST MAKE SURE YOUR REWARDS ZONE NUMBER IS ON THE ORDER.
IF YOU BOUGHT OCEAN BEFORE THE BONUS POINTS PERIOD, JUST TAKE IN YOUR RECEIPT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE COUNTER DURING THE BONUS POINTS PERIOD.
ASK THE CS REP TO PLEASE DO A RETURN/REBUY AND ALLOW YOU THE EXTRA POINTS (OF COURSE MAKE SURE YOUR REWARD # IS ENTERED ON THE NEW RECEIPT.)

SHEESH, KEEP IT SIMPLE ....

[quote name='brewtownska']Hey guys, Best Buy question. I just got this month's reward zone coupons in the mail this weekend...you know, the ones that are 10% just about anything as long as it's not already on sale. They kick in this Friday and go through the weekend.

Do you think this will work on FF13? As far as I can tell, the price of the game is regular price, even though they're giving you extra Reward Zone points for buying it the first week. Do you think they'll stack both deals?

If it seems they'll stack the deals, then I"ll hold off until Friday to try it. I just don't know if they'll be sold out of games by then...if so, then I lose out on both deals.

It seems a lot of CAG members buy ahead of time, then go in for a price adjustment...is this one of those cases where they'd give me the 10% off on Friday if I bought the game on Tuesday?

Mike[/QUOTE]

Best Buy is selling FF for $59.99 (retail), so you can either buy it on Tuesday and take the receipt in Friday with the coupon for an adjustment ... or make one trip on Friday.
( I have not received my coupons yet, so I am assuming the fine print does not exclude video game software)

Members in CO/AZ buying FF at BB should take in the Ultimate Electronics ad in with them to get the $49.99 PM plus the 500 points. (and of course $10 off the collector's guide if wanted)

i picked up endless ocean blue world for the 30 bucks it was just to have Wii speak so i can use it for monster hunter tri and sold the blue ocean game for 15 to gamestop so good deal if you want wii speak and you get 150 points for buying it.

[quote name='donut']FOR THE THIRD AND FINAL TIME.
For any GAMER BONUS points - THERE IS NO COUPON NEEDED!,
JUST MAKE SURE YOUR REWARDS ZONE NUMBER IS ON THE ORDER.
IF YOU BOUGHT OCEAN BEFORE THE BONUS POINTS PERIOD, JUST TAKE IN YOUR RECEIPT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE COUNTER DURING THE BONUS POINTS PERIOD.
ASK THE CS REP TO PLEASE DO A RETURN/REBUY AND ALLOW YOU THE EXTRA POINTS (OF COURSE MAKE SURE YOUR REWARD # IS ENTERED ON THE NEW RECEIPT.)

SHEESH, KEEP IT SIMPLE ....[/QUOTE]

Well then the chick I talked to is a moron, because she told me I needed the physical coupon. Now there is no coupon..

[quote name='Sancho1978']Well then the chick I talked to is a moron, because she told me I needed the physical coupon. Now there is no coupon..[/QUOTE]

Yea, she is a moron. Or lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back