Best Buy New Year Sale (Includes 10 Select Vita Games $10-$20 off) *Sale is Live*

[quote name='handsomepete']why do so many people seem to revel in watching companies / products fail these days? [/QUOTE]

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Grabbed MK and UMvC3, but now I'm contemplating bring them back. Played MK to death on PS3 and played the original MvC3 quite a bit. Thinking I may wait for the console version of UMvC3 to hit the same price point and then grab it for PS3.

[quote name='KemperJones']Grabbed MK and UMvC3, but now I'm contemplating bring them back. Played MK to death on PS3 and played the original MvC3 quite a bit. Thinking I may wait for the console version of UMvC3 to hit the same price point and then grab it for PS3.[/QUOTE]

Agreed if you can get them on ps3 and maybe same price do it, it'll save your vita some life by not destroying it with button mashes hah. Also since ps3 community right now is better and imo i prefer fighting games on ps3. :). You can keep mk since thatd a good price for it on a vita but umvc3 i can see it going lower

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I picked it up today. The little I've played on the multi-player was pretty fun. I haven't touched the single player, but it does appear to be pretty weak. I think someone with tempered expectations would be happy with it at $35 (assuming you want a multiplayer experience). Yes, it definitely has some shortcomings and could have been better, but if you are comparing this to (and expecting) a console version, you are doing it wrong.

It should be noted that a significant portion (certainly not all of it) of the bad reviews and comments can be attributed to the pre-patch version. There is a 450 MB patch now.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the feedback CAGs. Maybe I will try to find a new COD vita on eBay for 25 new.

Found a copy of MK in store today when I went and grabbed a couple of guides, so I grabbed it, just going to have to return the copy I ordered from shipping when it comes in.

[quote name='biocat']Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.[/QUOTE]

Comment of the Century!!!!!! Going into my sig, Thanks!:D

I finally bought Smart As...I was considering getting SH: Book of Memories also, but after watching a gameplay video on Youtube and reading more reviews, I decided to pass.

I'm kicking myself right now. I'm a Gamer's Club Unlocked member and had a coupon for Buy 2 Get 1 Free that expired 12/31, so last week I bought Silent Hill BoM, SFxT, and Smart As for my Vita!

It came out to around $80 for all 3, but with this sale it would've been around $70. Does anyone think it's possible to have BB invalidate the promotion and give me a price adjustment?

Also, even though I'm a PS Plus member, I'm tempted to pick up a hard copy of Gravity Rush for some reason. Decisions, decisions....

[quote name='splattboy32']I'm kicking myself right now. I'm a Gamer's Club Unlocked member and had a coupon for Buy 2 Get 1 Free that expired 12/31, so last week I bought Silent Hill BoM, SFxT, and Smart As for my Vita!

It came out to around $80 for all 3, but with this sale it would've been around $70. Does anyone think it's possible to have BB invalidate the promotion and give me a price adjustment?

Also, even though I'm a PS Plus member, I'm tempted to pick up a hard copy of Gravity Rush for some reason. Decisions, decisions....[/QUOTE]

Best you could do is probably rebuy the 3 games for $70 now and return the original order. They won't price adjust with the b2g1 coupon ... so either you lose the coupon and get $10 back or you ... uhm, well I'd just rebuy and return because right now you're out $10 and out the coupon either way.

[quote name='splattboy32']I'm kicking myself right now. I'm a Gamer's Club Unlocked member and had a coupon for Buy 2 Get 1 Free that expired 12/31, so last week I bought Silent Hill BoM, SFxT, and Smart As for my Vita!

Also, even though I'm a PS Plus member, I'm tempted to pick up a hard copy of Gravity Rush for some reason. Decisions, decisions....[/QUOTE]

You could do a return/rebuy and try to get them to give you B2G1, unlikely but possible. You should be able to do a return/rebuy without a problem though.

It's possible, but it will be a true test to your persuasion skills.

[quote name='slidecage']why does everyone like AS SMART AS[/QUOTE]

Because it's fun?

I played the demo and I enjoyed it so I'm about to order one. I got MK today too.

Damn I already opened all 3 games, so returning/rebuying isn't an option for me. I'm not expecting to keep the B2G1 Free deal on this sale, so that's not really an issue (although I'm pissed that I could have used it on different games). I could sleep a little better at night if I could save that $10. Thanks for the advice guys, I guess it can't hurt to try.

Also, Smart As is pretty fun. Although as someone stated earlier it's better suited as a downloadable game (I should have bought it on sale on PSN). It's kind of a hassle to remove out the card after you play for 15-30 min and want to switch to a different game.

[quote name='splattboy32']Damn I already opened all 3 games, so returning/rebuying isn't an option for me. I'm not expecting to keep the B2G1 Free deal on this sale, so that's not really an issue (although I'm pissed that I could have used it on different games). I could sleep a little better at night if I could save that $10. Thanks for the advice guys, I guess it can't hurt to try.

Also, Smart As is pretty fun. Although as someone stated earlier it's better suited as a downloadable game (I should have bought it on sale on PSN). It's kind of a hassle to remove out the card after you play for 15-30 min and want to switch to a different game.[/QUOTE]

Um yes it is, you are not actually returning them, it's more price match than returning.

[quote name='splattboy32']Damn I already opened all 3 games, so returning/rebuying isn't an option for me. [/QUOTE]
Buy all three of them again, then return the new copies with your old receipt.

Nice to see so many CAGs picking up Smart As... Sony as usual did a poor job marketing this underrated game. Best Buy is sold out right now but you can still pick it up on the PS Store for $20.XX if you have PS+ before it updates Tuesday.

[quote name='htz']Nice to see so many CAGs picking up Smart As... Sony as usual did a poor job marketing this underrated game. Best Buy is sold out right now but you can still pick it up on the PS Store for $20.XX if you have PS+ before it updates Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

I hAve to say you're completely right. I own 15 vita games and know nothing about Smart As, never saw a commercial for it or any advertising. I have NO idea what it's about, I just assumed it's a wannabe Brain Age clone.

[quote name='dallow']I've put 15 hours into Smart As, haha.[/QUOTE]

Dedication! I wonder though, several reviews say you only generally play for minutes a day, and that's it's more an app than a game.

Well, I do the daily training, which is a few minutes, but that's only 4 (of 8) games and on easy mode.

The real challenge is free play mode where there are many more types of games and 4 difficulty levels to unlock.
I'm trying to Platinum the game, just takes a bit.

Just bring your receipt or show them the cc and date you bought for a price adjustment. It shouldn't be difficult.

[quote name='Romeo']I hAve to say you're completely right. I own 15 vita games and know nothing about Smart As, never saw a commercial for it or any advertising. I have NO idea what it's about, I just assumed it's a wannabe Brain Age clone. [/QUOTE]
I am in the same boat, though I saw them giving away some bags at E3... they didn't say, explain, or detail the game (nor was there anything about it in the bag), but they made bags at the very least.

@ splattboy32

It is a simple adjustment, so you can do it without even bringing in the games. They will just scan the receipt and then adjust it. However if you're REALLY worried about it, simply buy the games at their current price and return them with your other receipt.

So which is better, Lumines or Smart As? Haven't played the Lumines series, but it looks good and I love puzzle games.

Sweet! 3 Vita games ready to go.

Now, just need that Vita system deal to kick in. Maybe at the one-year anniversary?

Go lower 32GB prices.

[quote name='Geco17']So which is better, Lumines or Smart As? Haven't played the Lumines series, but it looks good and I love puzzle games.[/QUOTE]

I guess it really depends on if you like shape/color puzzle games or not, but if I had to say, it would be Lumines. it's one of my all-time favorite games. :D

Lumines all the way. Played the demo of Smart As and was so bored! Maybe it's designed for the people who didn't have a DS or similar games costing $0.99 on iOS, but it seemed just like a glorified Brain Age game or one of its ilk. Not super impressed, and glad I tried the demo before (not) jumping on it.

[quote name='Lemstar']Buy all three of them again, then return the new copies with your old receipt.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that fraud?

[quote name='vince726']how long is this sale going for, Thanks..[/QUOTE]
No idea, Best buy doesn't say when the sale expires.

[quote name='zzamaro']Isn't that fraud?[/QUOTE]

How in the world is this fraud? You're returning the same exact product, without any lying or tricks.

bread's done
Back