Best Buy New Year Sale (Includes 10 Select Vita Games $10-$20 off) *Sale is Live*

got MK because i've wanted it for a while..
just checked my email and BB emailed me 2 $10 codes for canceling 2 of the $1.99 PSP games on me....

sooooo... SFxTekken or Marvel vs Capcom????????

[quote name='gatordeve86']got MK because i've wanted it for a while..
just checked my email and BB emailed me 2 $10 codes for canceling 2 of the $1.99 PSP games on me....

sooooo... SFxTekken or Marvel vs Capcom????????[/QUOTE]

UMvC3 is just an awesome port, plays great and looks great - it's also more forgiving execution wise, but the online community will generally wipe the floor with you if you're not at least somewhat experienced and there's no rage quitting penalties so even if you can win 9 times out of 10 your opponent will bail out. SFxT arguably has more to do but fighting game enthusiasts tend to poop all over it and requires stricter timing overall. There's a boatload of characters to pick from on both so if you don't care about the online you can certainly find someone you like in either roster.

For anyone on the fence about Smart As, I can now recommend it in earnest. I've been playing it tonight and I think it's super - the handwriting recognition is a bit rough but the games are cool and there's local (i.e. based on your location) challenges where you can compete in your neighborhood/city with others. It's a pretty excellent brain training game.

so UMvC3 vita is also $19.99 on Amazon for those who have credits or would like to keep an eye out for a cheaper used copy @ AWD.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Decided to pass on UmvC3 since I literally havent even touched the PS3 version in months. And I was gonna get Mortal Kombat until I saw it takes 500+ hours to get the Platinum

[quote name='TheHelix']lol trophy hunters

jk I have 20 platinum trophies but not so much of a completionist anymore[/QUOTE]

Not really trophy hunting, but unless its a game I REALLY want to play, I hate buying games where I know I'll never have the ability (Or time) to Platinum it.

I'v done Dynasty Warrior games, and am close in a few SRPG's. But 500 hours is just damn insane for a game thats already pretty much dead.

[quote name='Gosha']I decided to get SF X Tekken Vita since the character DLC by itself is normally 20 bucks. Also has some extra Vita only modes kind of like the 3DS SF4 port.[/QUOTE]Do all copies come with the DLC? I thought I saw some copies at Best Buy without a "12 DLC Characters for PS3" sticker on the front.

[quote name='kelo360']Is COD worth 35?[/QUOTE]

No its not. Buy the console version the Vita version sucks.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Not really trophy hunting, but unless its a game I REALLY want to play, I hate buying games where I know I'll never have the ability (Or time) to Platinum it.

I'v done Dynasty Warrior games, and am close in a few SRPG's. But 500 hours is just damn insane for a game thats already pretty much dead.[/QUOTE]

Why though? If you don't care or go after trophies, who cares if you can't platinum it?

No, god no. It's horrible. It's one of the most poorly reviewed Vita games for a good reason.

MK is a must for $9.99

If you play it competitively on consoles, you can play just as competitive on the vita. Its as comfortable as playing with a controller.

And thanks for the input dgwillia006. I'm contemplating on getting ps+ now haha

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why though? If you don't care or go after trophies, who cares if you can't platinum it?[/QUOTE]

Just personal preference. I go for some, I dont go for some. Sometimes I go way in my backlog and finish something, so I prefer not to have a ton of unplatinum-able games in it.

[quote name='handsomepete']UMvC3 is just an awesome port, plays great and looks great - it's also more forgiving execution wise, but the online community will generally wipe the floor with you if you're not at least somewhat experienced and there's no rage quitting penalties so even if you can win 9 times out of 10 your opponent will bail out. SFxT arguably has more to do but fighting game enthusiasts tend to poop all over it and requires stricter timing overall. There's a boatload of characters to pick from on both so if you don't care about the online you can certainly find someone you like in either roster.

For anyone on the fence about Smart As, I can now recommend it in earnest. I've been playing it tonight and I think it's super - the handwriting recognition is a bit rough but the games are cool and there's local (i.e. based on your location) challenges where you can compete in your neighborhood/city with others. It's a pretty excellent brain training game.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info.. any advice as to Silent Hill? that is the other one i am contemplating

[quote name='gatordeve86']thanks for the info.. any advice as to Silent Hill? that is the other one i am contemplating[/QUOTE]

I got you.

For $25 it's a buy. That's what the price should have been. It has some good ideas, great style and is unique in it's own way. That said, I'm not a huge fan of grinding, and to have the easiest time with this game, you have to. You'll build a ritual to tackling each area, mine is to hunt for the save room, and immediately save. Then I slowly build my map, then I start gathering my pieces. It's a safe way to go about it, because being reckless will lead to frustration.

But anyway, I got it at launch, don't regret it but it isn't for everyone. But for $25 it is an easy rec. Just know that you will be frustrated at one point or another, and that it is stressful at times. But that's the point, in the old Resident Evil, holy shit I can't save right now/i'm out of items/slots sense.

im assuming this sale is also in stores, right? might pick up the street fighter x tekken. theres a code, right? that way my bro doesnt have to buy the characters on the ps3. also when does this sale end?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just personal preference. I go for some, I dont go for some. Sometimes I go way in my backlog and finish something, so I prefer not to have a ton of unplatinum-able games in it.[/QUOTE]
thats trophy hunting, guy.

[quote name='Sonne']I got you.

For $25 it's a buy. That's what the price should have been. It has some good ideas, great style and is unique in it's own way. That said, I'm not a huge fan of grinding, and to have the easiest time with this game, you have to. You'll build a ritual to tackling each area, mine is to hunt for the save room, and immediately save. Then I slowly build my map, then I start gathering my pieces. It's a safe way to go about it, because being reckless will lead to frustration.

But anyway, I got it at launch, don't regret it but it isn't for everyone. But for $25 it is an easy rec. Just know that you will be frustrated at one point or another, and that it is stressful at times. But that's the point, in the old Resident Evil, holy shit I can't save right now/i'm out of items/slots sense.[/QUOTE]I prefer single-player games; would I still enjoy Book of Memories (I know there's a single-player mode, but from what gameplay I've seen, I got the sense that it was intended for multiplayer)?

[quote name='Sonne']I got you.

But anyway, I got it at launch, don't regret it but it isn't for everyone. But for $25 it is an easy rec. Just know that you will be frustrated at one point or another, and that it is stressful at times. But that's the point, in the old Resident Evil, holy shit I can't save right now/i'm out of items/slots sense.[/QUOTE]

SOLD lol
after my codes i got it for $5.29

[quote name='gatordeve86']got MK because i've wanted it for a while..

sooooo... SFxTekken or Marvel vs Capcom????????[/QUOTE]

SFxT.

UMvC3 has amazing graphics, but feels 'floaty'. I like to be like Bam BAM!!!!!! Not like I'm filled with helium. Not sure why I bought that game twice
(PS3 Day 1 from the spend $20/get $40 Newegg/Google Offers deal and Vita version from GameStop pre-owned for $12.xx credit after using points for a $10 off coupon and 10% PUR)

Guess I thought I'd, actually, play it on my Vita.

[quote name='Vigilante']I prefer single-player games; would I still enjoy Book of Memories (I know there's a single-player mode, but from what gameplay I've seen, I got the sense that it was intended for multiplayer)?[/QUOTE]

You saw the wrong gameplay videos. I will try to find the one/s I watched.

Edit:Ok. That's not gonna happen. Lol. The video wasn't from 1 of those obnoxious companies.

I'm tempted to trade my PS3 UMvC3 towards it. Hmmm... Time to check another thread.

Picked up MK Vita and a headset stand. Would have bit on SH at 15, but I have enough vita games for now because of plus.

Thinking about grabbing the Vita Street Fight X Tekken. Does anyone remember exactly what DLC was suppose to come with it? I know there was the 12 extra characters but wasn't there also some costumes or something. All I remember it was also usable on the PS3 and the whole screw up by Capcom on it....which did get fixed right? :lol:

[quote name='solidus_00']Thinking about grabbing the Vita Street Fight X Tekken. Does anyone remember exactly what DLC was suppose to come with it? I know there was the 12 extra characters but wasn't there also some costumes or something. All I remember it was also usable on the PS3 and the whole screw up by Capcom on it....which did get fixed right? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Its fixed for anyone who buys it now and redeems it. Capcom refused to believe mine was glitched out, so I ended up having to just do a copy swap to get a new voucher.

I picked it up today. The little I've played on the multi-player was pretty fun. I haven't touched the single player, but it does appear to be pretty weak. I think someone with tempered expectations would be happy with it at $35 (assuming you want a multiplayer experience). Yes, it definitely has some shortcomings and could have been better, but if you are comparing this to (and expecting) a console version, you are doing it wrong.

It should be noted that a significant portion (certainly not all of it) of the bad reviews and comments can be attributed to the pre-patch version. There is a 450 MB patch now.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Debating between Fifa 13 and Silent Hill. SH makes more sense since I already own Fifa 13 on 360 but I did enjoy playing the demo of last years Fifa on the Vita so maybe I can bite. $25 isn't as big of a discount as I wanted though. :whistle2:(

After reading more about Fifa it seems to be pretty much just a reskin of last years game, so now I have to decide between SH and SFxT haha.[/QUOTE]

FIFA 12 Vita:
2012-10-09-163109jpg-9d9e07.jpg

FIFA 13 Vita:
2012-10-09-162924jpg-9d9e09.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/12/fifa-13-ea-sells-old-games-as-new

Wanted Marvel vs. Capcom, had a $20 Reward Zone card, could not find anything cheap to bump me over the limit, except for a $2 DS stylus. Although I figure MK is probably going free on Plus soon, it was only $8 more than filler, and I get a physical game.

Well worth it.

UMVC3 wasn't even on my Vita radar until this sale. Now I'm contemplating picking it up (probably from Amazon with credit from there, thanks for that tip!) but I have to think if I can pull myself away from Persona 4 long enough to justify buying any more games period.

The nice thing about them just reskinning FIFA 12 Vita is that I can just look for 12 for cheap, since it's already been out for a while (not that it's anywhere close to my price range yet)

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hahaha, that's hilarious.[/QUOTE]

More photos are in the link I provided. It's hilarious :lol: (and a terrible practice, but hey it's EA so is anyone surprised?) :rofl:

Interested in MK and UMvC, but wondering if I'll eventually get one or both through PS+. I have a large back log, right now, but Xmas money burning a hole in my pocket. Also, do you have to order online, or are they the same in-store?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Lmfao. Reminds me of the Disney Classics. Slapping new pictures over the same base product:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWKo5veKjVU
[/QUOTE]

OMG that's amazing!!! :applause:

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Lmfao. Reminds me of the Disney Classics. Slapping new pictures over the same base product:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWKo5veKjVU
[/QUOTE]

WOW that's hilarious:applause:

[quote name='KemperJones']Interested in MK and UMvC, but wondering if I'll eventually get one or both through PS+. I have a large back log, right now, but Xmas money burning a hole in my pocket. Also, do you have to order online, or are they the same in-store?[/QUOTE]

It should be the same at the store. When ordering online they said some of the games I wanted would need to be shipped there. When I picked up one of my games, I went to he vita section and I found the other games I was looking for. There online stock of games may no be accurate.

Had a $10 Reward Zone and $10 Promo Code (from when they failed to send $4 Sherlock Holmes 2 Blu-Ray back on Black Friday), so I picked up Mortal Kombat, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken for $38 total. Would probably prefer them all digitally (fighting games work well in short bursts) but for about $12 per game I'll adjust. Also figure I can make a small eBay profit flipping the SFxT PS3 DL code.

As an FYI to people on the fence on Mortal Kombat , it will supposedly be on sale (but not PS Plus free) next week according to the PSN thread here and the PS blog podcast.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Picked up MK Vita and a headset stand. Would have bit on SH at 15, but I have enough vita games for now because of plus.[/QUOTE]

If you have Play Station Plus and you grab the free games offered are they yours to keep forever or the moment you unsubscribe to PS+ you can no longer play them?

I'm wondering if PS + would be a good thing to get for me...

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']If you have Play Station Plus and you grab the free games offered are they yours to keep forever or the moment you unsubscribe to PS+ you can no longer play them?

I'm wondering if PS + would be a good thing to get for me...[/QUOTE]
Once your sub ends so does game access.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']If you have Play Station Plus and you grab the free games offered are they yours to keep forever or the moment you unsubscribe to PS+ you can no longer play them?

You have to be always subscribed but considering you get at least a handful of free games every month it's so worth it. For $50 it's a steal.

Free games/content you have to be a subscriber.
Discounted games/content you keep.

bread's done
Back