Best Buy New Year Sale (Includes 10 Select Vita Games $10-$20 off) *Sale is Live*

[quote name='Stele']I know this is CAG and everything, but Sony reported a 7th consecutive loss for 2Q12. They reported a slight operating profit, which isn't bottom line, from selling their chemical business. Sony, and really Japan Inc. in general, are dinosaurs. You look up Sony's last annual report and it's Kaz with a great motivation quote, "Sony will change." LOL, too little, too late. Japan is gonna fall off the face of the earth in 10 years.[/QUOTE]

why do so many people seem to revel in watching companies / products fail these days? I hope they pull out of their purported tailspin - I'd rather they make lots of money and continue to make consoles/games for us to enjoy for years to come instead of them vanishing and saying 'LOL, too little, too late'. Yeesh.

Why do you have such an affinity to some foreign company that gives no shits about you? The game industry will always be around, but the players and landscape will be different.

[quote name='handsomepete']why do so many people seem to revel in watching companies / products fail these days? I hope they pull out of their purported tailspin - I'd rather they make lots of money and continue to make consoles/games for us to enjoy for years to come instead of them vanishing and saying 'LOL, too little, too late'. Yeesh.[/QUOTE]

Probably the same reason people stop to look at car wrecks and watch garbage on TV like "Panic 911."

[quote name='Stele']Why do you have such an affinity to some foreign company that gives no shits about you? The game industry will always be around, but the players and landscape will be different.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to have them stick around because they fund a lot of good independent gaming projects and have great first party content. But this is diverging from the OP.

[quote name='handsomepete']why do so many people seem to revel in watching companies / products fail these days? I hope they pull out of their purported tailspin - I'd rather they make lots of money and continue to make consoles/games for us to enjoy for years to come instead of them vanishing and saying 'LOL, too little, too late'. Yeesh.[/QUOTE]

I root for every company to make money, especially when they offer us great deals like best buy has done.

People who root for companies to fail just because They had a bad experience or two is an idiot. Especially with the economy the way it is.

Who cares if Sony is a foreign company? It's not like they drop their goods off at the stores and not a single American makes money off of them.

[quote name='Stele']I know this is CAG and everything, but Sony reported a 7th consecutive loss for 2Q12. They reported a slight operating profit, which isn't bottom line, from selling their chemical business. Sony, and really Japan Inc. in general, are dinosaurs. You look up Sony's last annual report and it's Kaz with a great motivation quote, "Sony will change." LOL, too little, too late. Japan is gonna fall off the face of the earth in 10 years.

It's all publicly available information:

http://quicktake.morningstar.com/stocknet/secdocuments.aspx?symbol=sne[/QUOTE]

Ah, I did mis-read operating profit as overall profit. So, I was wrong, and right. While they have posted their 7th consecutive quarterly loss, that means almost 2 years ago, they had some kind of profit in there. Oh well. That's it for me and any more finance talk. Sorry for all the Off topic nonsense ;)

[quote name='Stele'] Japan is gonna fall off the face of the earth in 10 years.
[/QUOTE]
That's a strong statement saying a developed country will collapse in ten years.

[quote name='Stele']Why do you have such an affinity to some foreign company...[/QUOTE]

I know your comment wasn't directed at me, personally, but i'll give my thoughts. I appreciate the fact that Sony caters to gamers more than Microsoft or Nintendo. I know they are profit motivated just like any other corporation (which is fine with me), but their line of products is currently my favorite. If they go away, somehow the void will be filled, but it may not provide the same satisfaction I currently have with Sony.

It's just like a preferred/favorite restaurant that closes. Another restaurant will re-open, but it may not be as good.

None of these post, including this one, have anything to do with this deal. This deal is already too many pages long with very few post of any value.

[quote name='kinjutsu11']Ah, I did mis-read operating profit as overall profit. So, I was wrong, and right. While they have posted their 7th consecutive quarterly loss, that means almost 2 years ago, they had some kind of profit in there. Oh well. That's it for me and any more finance talk. Sorry for all the Off topic nonsense ;)[/QUOTE]
No, I would still lean more towards you being wrong and wrong. Like I already said, Sony is not running a healthy conglomerate. Opportunistically selling their chemical business and other earnings management shenanigans, and they got a small army of MBAs and finance people doing this shit, does not mean they have a viable business model. There's way too much noise and accounting whimsies in quarterly earnings, which is why annualized financials are more objective. No one cares if Sony made money during the 5th second of the 21st day of February for instance.

[quote name='TooPoor']That's a strong statement saying a developed country will collapse in ten years.[/QUOTE]
Not bold at all if you've been following anything about the global economy in the last 10 years.

----
There were zero deals in this thread to begin with. Probably should have been moved.

No replies yet after an hour of posting on their forum, my post keeps being passed over for others, can't get a response in the other one either. Maybe somebody dun goofed, maybe they are looking into it. I'd advise maybe more people to post in unboxed so we can get an answer. Takes like 2 minutes and would help your fellow CAGs get this straightened out. Make a phone call, do something at least, right?

[quote name='Stele']Why do you have such an affinity to some foreign company that gives no shits about you? The game industry will always be around, but the players and landscape will be different.[/QUOTE]

Since I'm sure this will all be wiped by a mod in the near future - I have an affinity for the game industry as it exists today and Sony happens to be a part of it, I'd say the same about Microsoft or Nintendo. It's not like Sega came back and started making consoles again after they left the console stage - the entry cost to a company trying to step up to fill the void if Sony failed would be unfathomable. So we'd only have two options instead of three. How long would that last?

I'm sure you're right - the game industry will always be around in some form and I'm sure the current form of the game industry is on its way down. I'm just not ready to embrace the new bite size game/tap the tablet form the industry is taking and I'm feeling really stubborn about it.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"Hey therealdanhill,[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Thanks for the heads-up! I've confirmed with our merchant team that these games should reflect sale prices and not their normal MSRP. We're working to address the issue as quickly as possible and should have their respective listings updated soon."[/FONT]

Welp, there ya go guys.

[quote name='Stele']No, I would still lean more towards you being wrong and wrong. Like I already said, Sony is not running a healthy conglomerate. Opportunistically selling their chemical business and other earnings management shenanigans, and they got a small army of MBAs and finance people doing this shit, does not mean they have a viable business model. There's way too much noise in quarterly earnings, which is why annualized financials are more objective. No one cares if Sony made money during the 5th second of the 21st day of February for instance.[/QUOTE]
No one may care, but my post was in response to someone else, and in the context of that, I was wrong about last quarter being profitable but right about them posting a profit within the last 4 years, even if it was for a fraction of a second. Just because you find it wrong and wrong, doesnt mean it is. And I am not arguing if Sony runs a healthy business or not....as long as I get products and services from them that I enjoy, I'm happy, whether they're in the red or black. I'd obviously prefer them in the black.

Hey guys! I just looked at the prices change when you click on the product, even it they still show the normal price in the list.

Have fun!

[quote name='therealdanhill'][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"Hey therealdanhill,[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Thanks for the heads-up! I've confirmed with our merchant team that these games should reflect sale prices and not their normal MSRP. We're working to address the issue as quickly as possible and should have their respective listings updated soon."[/FONT]

Welp, there ya go guys. [/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks for the heads up. Now gonna keep hitting F5 til I see the new prices!

As a Vita owner, I'm a little disappointed in these prices. Perhaps if SFxT was $19, and MvC3U was $15, I'd bite; but as it stands, it looks like a no-go for this guy. Oh well...there's always next time.

MK has popped up at $9.99,
Black Ops Declassified at $34.99,
UMvC3, Ridge Racer, Gravity Rush, Smart As - $19.99
SFxT, Fifa 13 and Slient Hill at $24.99
Uncharted at $29.99.

Prices are up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mortal Kombat - $9.99
Gravity Rush $19.99
Ridge Racer - $19.99
Smart As - $19.99
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - $19.99
FIFA 13 - $24.99
Silent Hill: Book of Memories - $24.99
Street Fighter X Tekken - $24.99
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - $29.99
Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified - $34.99

Pass on everything except maybe Mortal Kombat. Missed it the first time it dropped that low. I have Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on 360, so I would have only gotten that had it dropped to $10.

[quote name='kinjutsu11']MK has popped up at $9.99,
Black Ops Declassified at $34.99,
UMvC3, Ridge Racer, Gravity Rush, Smart As - $19.99
SFxT, Fifa 13 and Slient Hill at $24.99
Uncharted at $29.99.

Prices are up![/QUOTE]

Yeah, was just gonna post that if you add to cart, sale price shows....

ATTENTION CAG's !!

i just got off the phone from my locsl BB,
here are a couple of the sale prices for the vita games....

COD declassified $34.99
uncharted GA $29.99
silent hill $24.99.

so i guess all the vita games are on sale in store already, those are all the games i asked about, you can go or call your local BB to check the games you are interested in.

[quote name='Stele']
Not bold at all if you've been following anything about the global economy in the last 10 years.
[/QUOTE]
Granted I'm a scientist and do not follow economy as closely as you do (which I presume you do), I still think it's a bold statement, from my humble perspective. A lot countries are struggling economically, but to claim that it will collapse and cease to exist as a country in mere ten years is still bold and should be backed up by significant amount of evidence and logical reasoning. As a (perhaps not so convincing) example, look at China, from the endless corruption beginning from Qing Dynasty, the raids of the western countries including the eight expeditionary forces, the civil war, war with Japan, culture revolution, the great leap etc. etc., it still didn't "fall off the face the earth".

All I am saying is, to destroy a country would take more, a lot more than a series of economy downfall.

And on topic, these prices are horrible...Was looking forward to beef up my Vita library.

Awesome, grabbed SFxT and Mortal Kombat. And I didn't realize that a few of these were part of PS+ so I'm just going to sign up for that. Thanks for the post.

What is Smart Is...? Is it worth it? I hadn't heard anything about it, and thought it was shovelware, but I've seen a couple people here mention it.

Thanks to all the guys that hassled BB on this. Grabbed Mortal Kombat for $10. The digital version is going to be discounted next week on PSN, but I 'd much rather have the retail copy, and now I won't be tempted to buy the digital one.

Oh, and also thank you OP!

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hmmm, to use my $10 Reward Zone GC on Smart As or wait?[/QUOTE]

Wait. I want it too, but I think it will hit $10 eventually, either via PSN or retail.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hmmm, to use my $10 Reward Zone GC on Smart As or wait?[/QUOTE]

It'll only go lower. I'm going to wait for the next sale. Everyone should pick up Mortal Kombat though. Great game!

I grabbed Smart As..., I have been waiting for a sale on this title which no store has done until now. If it goes lower I have BB's price match policy to cover me.
[quote name='tuffguycore']

What is Smart Is...? Is it worth it? I hadn't heard anything about it, and thought it was shovelware, but I've seen a couple people here mention it.[/QUOTE]
Sony's version of Brain Age but better.

Debating between Fifa 13 and Silent Hill. SH makes more sense since I already own Fifa 13 on 360 but I did enjoy playing the demo of last years Fifa on the Vita so maybe I can bite. $25 isn't as big of a discount as I wanted though. :whistle2:(

After reading more about Fifa it seems to be pretty much just a reskin of last years game, so now I have to decide between SH and SFxT haha.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I appreciate the fact that Sony caters to gamers more than Microsoft or Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

That's not a fact. It's an opinion, and a biased, ridiculous one at that.

Used a $5 RZ certificate to pick up Mortal Kombat for $5. If it ever goes free for PS+, I won't feel so bad for dropping $5 on it especially since I prefer to own a retail copy anyway.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
Wait. I want it too, but I think it will hit $10 eventually, either via PSN or retail.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling this will be one of those 'play every day for a few minutes' kind of things that lends itself better to being digital, so I'm going to bite on the digital copy sale on psn after all despite it being the same price. I looooved Brain Training and if this plays anywhere in the same ballpark I'll feel like it's money well spent.

Then you can all friend me after it hits $10 and destroy all of my hard earned records in a few minutes.

Anyone know if Wal-Mart price matches without a physical ad? I have a gift card and would like to price match and pick up Gravity Rush.

[quote name='Zurcamos']That's not a fact. It's an opinion, and a biased, ridiculous one at that.[/QUOTE]

Opinion? Yes. Ridiculous? No. I am not a fanboy and I do have an appreciation for both MS and Nintendo, but when comparing what Sony provides to its gamers (especially compared to Microsoft) there is a big difference.

Sony does not charge for its online service. Microsoft does not even come close to producing the same number of exclusive games for its system as Sony.

The comparisons to Nintendo are more difficult and may not be as valid, but many people would agree that Sony is geared more towards hard core gamers than Nintendo is.

Again, I like all three companies and have no loyalty to Sony. I would just hate to see them out of the picture.

just got a $10 promo for BBY.com this morning since they canceled my order from the b2g1 psp ordeal. Also adding a $5 RZ cert to buy the headset stand. Today is a nice day.

Even though these sales are decent ill continue to wait ! Im really broke anyways :|. ohwell. Ik most of those will hit 10-15$ soon enough with all my games i havent played yet.

bread's done
Back