Best Buy New Year Sale (Includes 10 Select Vita Games $10-$20 off) *Sale is Live*

[quote name='confoosious']so people got emails about this sale?

I just thought someone stumbled upon the link.[/QUOTE]
The link from the email (that I received) does take you to a bestbuy clearance page. If you choose "video games," the OP's link is referenced correctly.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Can anyone post a screenshot of said email online somewhere?[/QUOTE]
http://postimage.org/image/dbs8pgcoj/

Nevermind

Thanks, going to call Best Buy and ask them what is going on.

EDIT: So far she see's why I am confused and agrees it makes no sense that there are no sale prices listed. She is looking into it.

In about 30 minutes I'm going to grab some lunch and stop at my local best buy to see if the pricing in store has changed, hopefully.

[quote name='kinjutsu11']In about 30 minutes I'm going to grab some lunch and stop at my local best buy to see if the pricing in store has changed, hopefully.[/QUOTE]

Good plan. Every time I visit the store, the employees are so knowledgeable about website pricing and sales. :)

Also, I have never seen a price in-store that was lower than the website unless it was a specific store clearance, etc. You usually have to have them price match their own website if there is a discrepancy.

If the prices are great, I will buy ever single Vita game on there I don't have. Really excited to see some sub-$20 prices!!

Her supervisor said "Just because it's listed in the sale does not mean it will be on sale, but I can offer 10% off". The woman is like...that makes no sense, if it's not on sale then why is it in the category for the sale? So she is looking for someone else for me to talk to.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Her supervisor said "Just because it's listed in the sale does not mean it will be on sale, but I can offer 10% off". The woman is like...that makes no sense, if it's not on sale then why is it in the category for the sale? So she is looking for someone else for me to talk to.[/QUOTE]Wow. What utter nonsense.

Those games have to be discounted what are the chances that everything else is discounted except all the vita games

I think everyone here has expectations that are a little too high. These 2 day sales or weekend sales never have the good deals. Best Buy's best deals are one day deals or unadvertised (possibly inadvertent) drops. These sale prices will likely be adjusted to $5 or $10 off each game. Then this thread will stay just as active with people complaining about the lousy pricing.

I hope i'm wrong, because there are a few games i'd like to have here, but only if they end up being substantially discounted.

[quote name='shivan128']the word "sale" does not necessarily mean that there is a reduction of price.[/QUOTE]

This.

It's like the big "as advertised!" Signs on msrp games.

Is it sneaky? Sure. But it's not new.

I wish I could rate this thread 0 stars. Even 1 star implies that this is some type of deal, which it isn't. These are regular prices.

haha let's give this thread a break. Go on a do your thing and imagine that this "sale" never crossed your mind. You lost nothing.

[quote name='confoosious']This.

It's like the big "as advertised!" Signs on msrp games.

Is it sneaky? Sure. But it's not new.[/QUOTE]

I just laugh at those signs!

But I'm sure is affected at some point for unaware consumers.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Her supervisor said "Just because it's listed in the sale does not mean it will be on sale, but I can offer 10% off".[/QUOTE]

:applause: Wow.

The woman agreed it should be on sale, the fact that it's not makes no sense. So I am calling RewardZone hoping someone there can help me, if not will call back Best Buy at 3 or so...

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Her supervisor said "Just because it's listed in the sale does not mean it will be on sale, but I can offer 10% off". The woman is like...that makes no sense, if it's not on sale then why is it in the category for the sale? So she is looking for someone else for me to talk to.[/QUOTE]

Can you buy it now with the 10% and come back later when it drops in price and return it and get it for cheaper with the same 10% applied? :D

so322.gif

...I hope it'll last :bouncy:

keep seeing sale prices in my head while trying to sleep...and for some reason a price glitch on Gravity Rush for $0.19. lol

gah back to bed......go away sale price images.

[quote name='whoknows']Might be interested in Gravity Rush and Ridge Racer depending on prices.

Maybe Uncharted as well if it's under $20.[/QUOTE]

if you're willing to spend about $20 for gravity rush or uncharted why not get the 3 month PS plus for $18? you get both and can beat them within 3 months.

[quote name='whoknows']Might be interested in Gravity Rush and Ridge Racer depending on prices.

Maybe Uncharted as well if it's under $20.[/QUOTE]

Dude, just sign up for playstation plus and you get Uncharted and Gravity Rush. $50 for the whole year and then you will continue to get free games monthly!

[quote name='ritchardf']no different than the red "clearance" tags at walmart on stuff that is regular price[/QUOTE]

The difference is that this is Best Buy and when they send out an email saying "these items are on sale," they are on sale.

I'm hoping they discount these a bit yet today. I'd jump on one or two of them for even $5 - $10 off.

It's not just about being able to play the games. My PlayStation Plus subscription is good through December 2016 but I'm still interested in picking up Uncharted and Gravity Rush. Memory card space, the ability to resell/trade-in/lend/give-away the games, having a packaged retail product to own/collect/display... The list goes on. Some people will never let go of physical games. I'm one of them.

Gotta love the quote at the top of the SALE screen:

"Choose from hundreds of items at discounted prices."

Uhmmm, actually not, but we made you look!

[quote name='thunder2']My PlayStation Plus subscription is good through December 2016 [/QUOTE]

Jesus, lol...are we even sure that Sony will still be here?

[quote name='breakfuss']...are we even sure that Sony will still be here?[/QUOTE]

The more pertinent question might be whether or not PS+ will still exist in it's current form, how it will apply to PS4, how will PS3 "free games" still work, will PS3 still get "free" games when PS4 is introduced, etc. I'm not sure I want to extend my subscription too far out until I know how everything will transition. If they treat it right like the Vita addition, i'll be pretty happy.

[quote name='midloo']The difference is that this is Best Buy and when they send out an email saying "these items are on sale," they are on sale.

I'm hoping they discount these a bit yet today. I'd jump on one or two of them for even $5 - $10 off.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that has been my experience, it just that if the prices don't go live like the rest it takes them awhile to update them. If it was gamestop I wouldn't had started this thread cause they are known to advertise MSRP as sales.
[quote name='therealdanhill']Anybody bring up this sale on their official forum?[/QUOTE]
I just made a post on the BB forum. Might take awhile to get a response though.

[quote name='htz']Yeah that has been my experience, it just that if the prices don't go live like the rest it takes them awhile to update them. If it was gamestop I wouldn't had started this thread cause they are known to advertise MSRP as sales.

I just made a post on the BB forum. Might take awhile to get a response though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks much for starting this thread. The suspense is terrible... I hope it lasts :)

[quote name='midloo']Thanks much for starting this thread. The suspense is terrible... I hope it lasts :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah same here, I really want Smart As... for my vita, and I'm sitting on tons of gift cards and rz points.

[quote name='breakfuss']Jesus, lol...are we even sure that Sony will still be here?[/QUOTE]

Sony? I think so. Best Buy? Maybe, maybe not... Besides, I spent less than $58 for 4 years of PS+

[quote name='thunder2']Sony? I think so. Best Buy? Maybe, maybe not... Besides, I spent less than $58 for 4 years of PS+[/QUOTE]

$58? How? :\ I never see these cards on sale...

[quote name='thunder2']Sony? I think so. Best Buy? Maybe, maybe not... Besides, I spent less than $58 for 4 years of PS+[/QUOTE]
You realize Sony hasn't turned a profit in 4 years, right?

[quote name='htz']
I just made a post on the BB forum. Might take awhile to get a response though.[/QUOTE]
Where did you post it? I made on in the bestbuy.com section. Let's see if we can get some prices down everybody!

[quote name='therealdanhill']Where did you post it? I made on in the bestbuy.com section. Let's see if we can get some prices down everybody![/QUOTE]
Gaming support section.

[quote name='htz']Yeah same here, I really want Smart As... for my vita, and I'm sitting on tons of gift cards and rz points.[/QUOTE]

Likewise, although I think I'm going to just cave and snag it before it goes off digital sale (currently $20 on the PS Store I think).

I just had an exchange of messages over Twitter with someone from Best Buy customer service. Here's the conversation:

---

Me (@BlueSwim): @BestBuy What is going on with your PS Vita games sale?They are clearly listed as being a part of the New Years sale, yet are not discounted

Best Buy (@BestBuySupport): @BlueSwim Which games are you referring to specifically? Do you have a link so I can take a look at what your seeing? ^Kevin

Me: @BestBuySupport Sure. From this page, I click on "video games": [New Years Sale & Clearance Link Here] It takes me to here: [Video Game Category Link Here]

Me: @BestBuySupport The video games section lists 25 items on sale, ten of the PS Vita games, but said Vita games have no discount whatsoever.

Me: @BestBuySupport Other items have their sale prices listed, but for some reason the Vita games are the same prices they have been for a while

Best Buy: @BlueSwim I apologize if there was any miscommunication on our sale and I will be forwarding this information to our business teams. ^Kevin

Me: @BestBuySupport Thanks, Kevin! :)

---

Hopefully, this issue will be resolved shortly.

[quote name='Stele']You realize Sony hasn't turned a profit in 4 years, right?[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. Their last quarter was profitable. Their gaming division hasn't been profitable in about that much time though, but Sony will still be around as its many different branches offset each other.
And the Vita certainly isn't helping their bottom line, as much as I love mine.

[quote name='BlueSwim']I just had an exchange of messages over Twitter with someone from Best Buy customer service. Here's the conversation:

---

Me (@BlueSwim): @BestBuy What is going on with your PS Vita games sale?They are clearly listed as being a part of the New Years sale, yet are not discounted

Best Buy (@BestBuySupport): @BlueSwim Which games are you referring to specifically? Do you have a link so I can take a look at what your seeing? ^Kevin

Me: @BestBuySupport Sure. From this page, I click on "video games": [New Years Sale & Clearance Link Here] It takes me to here: [Video Game Category Link Here]

Me: @BestBuySupport The video games section lists 25 items on sale, ten of the PS Vita games, but said Vita games have no discount whatsoever.

Me: @BestBuySupport Other items have their sale prices listed, but for some reason the Vita games are the same prices they have been for a while

Best Buy: @BlueSwim I apologize if there was any miscommunication on our sale and I will be forwarding this information to our business teams. ^Kevin

Me: @BestBuySupport Thanks, Kevin! :)

---

Hopefully, this issue will be resolved shortly.[/QUOTE]
Lol, there should be a #vitaMSRPsale hashtag. I had no luck in store with these vita games.

[quote name='kinjutsu11']Incorrect. Their last quarter was profitable. Their gaming division hasn't been profitable in about that much time though, but Sony will still be around as its many different branches offset each other.
And the Vita certainly isn't helping their bottom line, as much as I love mine.[/QUOTE]

He's not incorrect if their annual numbers show losses. He didn't say a quarterly profit.

[quote name='kinjutsu11']Incorrect. Their last quarter was profitable. Their gaming division hasn't been profitable in about that much time though, but Sony will still be around as its many different branches offset each other.
And the Vita certainly isn't helping their bottom line, as much as I love mine.[/QUOTE]

Preface: I'm not saying anyone is wrong.

There seems to be a mountain of contradictory positions on this topic. By way of example, if you listen to Podcast Beyond (IGN) they repeatedly claim that Sony's games division is the only one that is making a profit. (in contrast to Televisions, camera's, pc's and other electronics)

I know this is CAG and everything, but Sony reported a 7th consecutive loss for 2Q12. They reported a slight operating profit, which isn't bottom line, from selling their chemical business. Sony, and really Japan Inc. in general, are dinosaurs. You look up Sony's last annual report and it's Kaz with a great motivation quote, "Sony will change." LOL, too little, too late. Japan is gonna fall off the face of the earth in 10 years.

It's all publicly available information:

http://quicktake.morningstar.com/stocknet/secdocuments.aspx?symbol=sne

[quote name='confoosious']He's not incorrect if their annual numbers show losses. He didn't say a quarterly profit.[/QUOTE]

He also didn't say annual. He said hasn't posted a profit in 4 years, and they have. Not trying to argue, and I do agree with him on the conflicting reports of their game div versus their others. In the beginning of the ps3 era, it was certainly the reason they lost money, though now its probably TVs as Samsung and lg eclipsed them. Their movie div is always solid, they actually had the highest market share worldwide in 2012.
Again though, meant no offense or argument in case people thought so. I don't know you, but I still love you :)

bread's done
Back