Best Buy Online Retailer Price Match

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
This applies to in-store purchases and online purchases for shipping/store pick-up. For online orders you need to call over the phone to get the price match, there is no method to do it otherwise, but it is very painless process. The item does need to be in stock for shipping for Best Buy to price match it as well.

I called my Best Buy about this. They are saying it starts immediately but does not include accessories (not sure what that entails), install services, and geek squad services (including the protection plans). So it seems like it will include video game systems and games (which is awesome!!!) as well as everything else they sell like appliances and stuff.

These are the following sites they will price match:
  • Amazon.com
  • apple.com
  • buy.com
  • circuitcity.com
  • dell.com
  • lowes.com
  • sears.com
  • walmart.com
  • tigerdirect.com
  • target.com
  • staples.com
  • newegg.com
  • officemax.com
  • officedepot.com
  • hp.com
  • homedepot.com
  • hhgreg.com
  • crutchfield.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='YBX87']i bet you when bestbuy finally closes down, these same ppl will be saying "o, i wish bestbuy was still around, so can still get those $10 deals after coupon discount", LOL[/QUOTE]
:applause:Exactly. Although I'm really hoping that BB somehow manages to avoid the same fate as Circuit City and Hollywood Video(and that Blockbuster is headed to slowly as Dish keeps fuckin' closing stores:bomb:).

Although I gotta admit that I abused the hell out of that $20 gift card if a game wasn't in stock on release day thing that CC had right before they closed down. I think if I paid all of $2 in cash for my purchases at CC the last Black Friday they were still in business it was a miracle.;):D The rest was paid for with the $20 gc's from the release day thing.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause:Exactly. Although I'm really hoping that BB somehow manages to avoid the same fate as Circuit City and Hollywood Video(and that Blockbuster is headed to slowly as Dish keeps fuckin' closing stores:bomb:).

Although I gotta admit that I abused the hell out of that $20 gift card if a game wasn't in stock on release day thing that CC had right before they closed down. I think if I paid all of $2 in cash for my purchases at CC the last Black Friday they were still in business it was a miracle.;):D The rest was paid for with the $20 gc's from the release day thing.:lol:[/QUOTE]
i don't blame you, it is hard to pass up a deal like that. compare to the acts that ppl on sd does / advocate doing. it makes you look like a saint/ angel, LOL

I just called and they said it only applies to core products like hardware and appliances...

Video games and accessories are a no go

[quote name='Lord Hamm']I just called and they said it only applies to core products like hardware and appliances...

Video games and accessories are a no go[/QUOTE]

I know a lot of the store managers already allow .com price matching on games. Thought this was already a store policy, but I guess it's just been manager's decision in the past. Kind of cool to see it become a company wide policy, but it's a shame that it isn't on games.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']I just called and they said it only applies to core products like hardware and appliances...

Video games and accessories are a no go[/QUOTE]
I am honestly not sure what store you called but all best buys are price matching any product sold on these sites. They have to be shipped and sold by the site and not by some third party like on Amazon. My Store that I work for matches all of that as long as it isn't a clearance sale or the like. Every store should as it is the new price match policy. That applies to games, systems, computers, TVs, and anything else we sell in the store.

I just got back from best buy. I had them price match The Batman: the Complete 5th season from Amazon which was $15.00 at best buy and I got it for $6 after price match.

I ask if they price match any other online stores and I was told just Amazon and they don't do it all the time. I'm guessing like the more high end things like consoles or more expensive items they will not PM.

Just wondering but I remember someone on CAG saying that best buy extends the price match period to 60 days for everybody during the holiday the season. Is this true? If so, when does it start?

I just called the best buy 888 number and my rep also said no price match on games or movies.

:( sad. I have $120 in BB credit and I would have preorderd Halo 4 with them if they price matched neweggs promo.

They don't match preorder prices either though.

Whatever. Black Friday isn't THAT far away, and a random armor skin isn't something that valuable anyway :)

I price matched a used ps3 mortal kombat to a new copy at newegg.com today. The best buy manager said sure it's been a long day why not. Worth a shot I'd say.

If it's not updated on their site then this means nothing. It's been sort of an "up to each GM" type deal for a while now. However, checking their website it is indeed UNCHANGED (sorry if this was already mentioned but I'm not weeding through 6 pages).

Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers?

No. Best Buy does not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores. If, however, a local retail competitor has the same or lower price as its online store and the customer can provide verification of the in-store price, Best Buy will match the price (so long as all other price match policy criteria are met).

[quote name='poker360']I work there.

In store we are SUPPOSE to only match hardware and appliances.... but more than likely some employees didn't read the fine print on it.[/QUOTE]

I'm a supervisor there and what this guy says is true. Hardware and appliances only. All at manager discretion. Anything else at store discretion.

I Called Mines Earlier & The Lady Told Me Just About Everything I Asked If You Could On Games She Said Yes So IDK

[quote name='aardarf']Probably already answered but I wonder if I can use the @gamer coupons with this, like will they match the Dead Island GOTY Amazon price of 25 right now and then I can use the $10 coupon to get it for $15...[/QUOTE]

It's YMMV. Typically though, the @Gamer coupons are not supposed to be stacked with any price matches or any sort of promotions (e.g. buy 2 get 1 free) except for BB sale prices. But if you can find a BB employee/manager who is COOL enough to do the PM and coupon doscount for you, then go for it!

[quote name='gunitfan']I Called Mines Earlier & The Lady Told Me Just About Everything I Asked If You Could On Games She Said Yes So IDK[/QUOTE]

I know there's still a couple of months left, but I think we've got our Post of the Year.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I usually just bring up a seperate window for each I want to quote and reply to and then just cut/paste them into one.

But I was surprised at how easy it was to PM at WM last Black Friday. All I had to do was bring with me the ad from GS showing the $10 Driver: SF and it was a done deal.

About the only thing I was shocked by being able to do at BB was that I used my B2G1 on games $39.99 and under on the $29.99 titles they had that included Rage, Need For Speed: The Run and a bunch of others.

Thanks to using that coupon I got three fairly new releases(at the time) for $20 each. I played a lil bit of each, got bored with them and I think I traded them in a week from BF for $5-7 MORE apiece than I had paid.:evil:[/QUOTE]

You don't even need an ad of any type paper or electronic at Wal Mart. Just tell them and they confirm it themselves there via phone call/web browser. There are Price Match policy plaques all over my stores that specifically say you don't need the ad(including 3 plaques right in the electronics register area). That said, when I actually tried it for a GameStop deal, the minimum wagers there know nothing about it and say they can't do it(until I point out the sign directly above their heads;)). Needed a manager to do it for me but eventually got it.

I've been price-matching Walmart.com and Target.com at BestBuy literally for years. Sometimes I would bring in a print version if I went there directly from work (since that's where I print) but most of the time I would just bring the page up on my phone and show it to them.

Amazon, however, was something I discovered last Tuesday when I stopped in to do some Upgrade & Saves and I noticed Amazon had Piranha 3D for $22.99. I asked the guy at the counter, "You don't price-match Amazon, do you?" And he said they did, so I ran back, grabbed a copy of the movie, then loaded up the item's page on my Droid, and the guy matched it just like that.

It's nice to see they'll take on NewEgg, but I'd usually order from there anyways since I wouldn't have to pay tax like I would at BestBuy or Amazon. Now if only they'd start matching Club Prices (Such as Sam's Club) or Regional Stores (Such as Fry's.)

[quote name='Kain']I've been price-matching Walmart.com and Target.com at BestBuy literally for years. Sometimes I would bring in a print version if I went there directly from work (since that's where I print) but most of the time I would just bring the page up on my phone and show it to them.

Amazon, however, was something I discovered last Tuesday when I stopped in to do some Upgrade & Saves and I noticed Amazon had Piranha 3D for $22.99. I asked the guy at the counter, "You don't price-match Amazon, do you?" And he said they did, so I ran back, grabbed a copy of the movie, then loaded up the item's page on my Droid, and the guy matched it just like that.

It's nice to see they'll take on NewEgg, but I'd usually order from there anyways since I wouldn't have to pay tax like I would at BestBuy or Amazon. Now if only they'd start matching Club Prices (Such as Sam's Club) or Regional Stores (Such as Fry's.)[/QUOTE]

There actually is an employee tool that lists websites and retailers for matching. On that list is Costco.

[quote name='PlatinumAssassin']There actually is an employee tool that lists websites and retailers for matching. On that list is Costco.[/QUOTE]

i heard that toys'rus is not on the list for pm

[quote name='YBX87']i heard that toys'rus is not on the list for pm[/QUOTE]

Its Not If You Have An Local One I Just Tried & Almost Got Away With It If I Coulda Shown The Cashier The Price Before Manager Came

[quote name='Kain']I've been price-matching Walmart.com and Target.com at BestBuy literally for years. Sometimes I would bring in a print version if I went there directly from work (since that's where I print) but most of the time I would just bring the page up on my phone and show it to them.

It's nice to see they'll take on NewEgg, but I'd usually order from there anyways since I wouldn't have to pay tax like I would at BestBuy or Amazon. Now if only they'd start matching Club Prices (Such as Sam's Club) or Regional Stores (Such as Fry's.)[/QUOTE]

They do PM club prices as long as one is within 25 miles. Confirmed on the BBY forums by mods. Also regional stores were always PMable if within 25 miles.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Policies/Best-Buy-PM-Costco/m-p/268660/highlight/true#M46353

Unless you were talking about online prices. Then that probably won't happen.

[quote name='gunitfan']Its Not If You Have An Local One I Just Tried & Almost Got Away With It If I Coulda Shown The Cashier The Price Before Manager Came[/QUOTE]
Or Unless You Price Matching An Ad Then They Will Website No

[quote name='DaShaka']Good for Best Buy for stepping their game up. I have more respect for them now. Since amazon charges tax now, I will be purchasing a lot of items in store at best buy soon.[/QUOTE]

wait amazon charges tax now? for all states or for certain states only?

[quote name='Jimmienoman']They do PM club prices as long as one is within 25 miles. Confirmed on the BBY forums by mods. Also regional stores were always PMable if within 25 miles.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, my bad, by regional, I meant ones that weren't in the local region. We don't have any Frys on the Easy coast, for example, so I don't see a NY BestBuy matching them.

I thought they deny Sam's due to the fact that there's a membership fee that "off-balances the lower price." In that case, we do have local Sam's, but unfortunately, I can't see BestBuy matching the Vita's $94 price at the Myrtle Beach Sam's when the local Sam's price is still $290.

[quote name='ajm_64']wait amazon charges tax now? for all states or for certain states only?[/QUOTE]
Certain states, I believe. They've been charging us New Yorkers tax for at least five years now.

I went to the store where my newegg price match store pick-up order was, which is different from the closer store I called the other day. I asked them about the online price match policy and they said it excludes some items and also they won't match lightning deals, which makes sense. It needs to be their normal price, not a timed/limited offer and it needs to be in stock. I asked specifically if they will price match video games and they said sure, as long as it meets the above requirements.

I dunno if some stores are not following the new policy by choice or misinformation or what.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yay for Newegg being on the list, ton of stuff there I'd love to get at BB. Boo at no Fry's[/QUOTE]

Frys.com prices are almost always same in store. bb will match the B&M and will also match if it same available for in-store pick-up

Tempted to see if they would let me price match Silent Hill: Downpour for 17.25.

Sadly, no store in my area has it in stock, but I could do ship to store but not sure if I could PM that.

edit: Nvm, I just realized its not shipped and sold by amazon >_

[quote name='Blabadon']I don't know, it's just that price matching something like Amazon where I could get a huge deal makes it feel strange at the register.[/QUOTE]

This the same problem my gf has (if I understand your issue correctly) she feels bad using a free voucher/coupon. Just remember you are not doing anything wrong, you are not stealing, you are simply working with in the system that bestbuy has created to receive your business

Toyrus has this policy and I imagine BB is similar they take their memberships/ coupons FIRST and then they slash it to the price match. Effectively price matching away your coupon.
Same thing here use your ten dollar off coupon then price match the item for 15 less (than the original price) and your coupon is now useless.

[quote name='Desousa93']she feels babe using a free voucher/coupon. [/QUOTE]

(rushes off to Urban Dictionary to understand some new saying the kids are into now; fails)

[quote name='gantt'](rushes off to Urban Dictionary to understand some new saying the kids are into now; fails)[/QUOTE]

Shit that was quick, check the edit notes

"does not include accessories"

Was thinking about going to BB to get a PM on an Xbox 360 controller from Newegg. Was curious if anyone knew if controllers are excluded.

[quote name='MellowSeth']"does not include accessories"

Was thinking about going to BB to get a PM on an Xbox 360 controller from Newegg. Was curious if anyone knew if controllers are excluded.[/QUOTE]

Based on the information I was able to find out....I have no idea. They never specified what they consider accessories. I know controllers are, but perhaps they meant more like HDMI cables and the sort. What about mice/keyboards? It was rather vague. I would just call the online phone number and try and get them to price match for an online order for store pick-up and see what happens

I've actually price matched at a couple of my local Best Buys over the last few months. I think it was three tries and I had success all three times. They matched Amazon and Newegg. When I asked them about it, they said it was new, so I suppose they were part of a pilot program before the guidelines were officially announced for the entire company.

Does anyone know if they will do any matching for sites that give a giftcard with purchase? I am assuming the price matching is only price for price and not matching any other promotions.

Also, does this work on pre-orders? Could I have matched Newegg's pre-order pricing and gotten the $20 Reward Zone points also?

Sorry if either of these questions has already been asked.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I've actually price matched at a couple of my local Best Buys over the last few months. I think it was three tries and I had success all three times. They matched Amazon and Newegg. When I asked them about it, they said it was new, so I suppose they were part of a pilot program before the guidelines were officially announced for the entire company.

Does anyone know if they will do any matching for sites that give a giftcard with purchase? I am assuming the price matching is only price for price and not matching any other promotions.

Also, does this work on pre-orders? Could I have matched Newegg's pre-order pricing and gotten the $20 Reward Zone points also?

Sorry if either of these questions has already been asked.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy does not match bundles/free gifts as per policy, a manager may choose to allow it, but it is not policy.

You can only put $5 down at the time of the pre-order in store, as such it would be impossible to price match a game before it comes out. You MIGHT be able to call .com and have them price match it, but that might not happen, depends on who you get on the phone.

And yes, both of those questions have been asked multiple times in multiple threads.

once again...does this apply to Puerto Rico?, as I asked before on another thread, they seem to left us behind....

Like 3 years back, I try to match a sears XBL 12 month card....but they said that they won't match online prices.....and they keep me waiting like 30 minutes, and they seem to be calling everyone, they didn't know a thing...and even the manager looked clueless ...pfff

I've always been denied the "free gift card" deals, but my BestBuy has always matched B2G1 deals and even B1G1 (like Toys R Us's "Buy Darksiders 2 Get Sleeping Dogs free" deal from a couple weeks back.) I remember the week Target was having their B2G1 sale many moons ago. I walked up to the counter with nine games in hand and they matched no questions asked. It was like being a kid in a candy shop that day.

Picked up Valkyria Chronicles from my Best Buy that was probably sitting there for years. Matched Newegg's price of $16. I spoke to some assistant manager who seemed to have no idea about the PM policy, but the main manager knew all about it and authorized it. So talk to the main manager, and they'll probably know about it.

Not a game deal per se but some might find it useful. So I read this thread about Best Buy pricematching and was looking for a Sandisk 64GB microsd but Radioshack was the only one that had it for $39.99 but was sold out online and instore around me. So I went to Best Buy just to see if they had it and they did. I walked up to cashier and showed her the price online and she put in the price and hit radioshack.com on the register and a manager came over and put in his code and I got it for $39.99 with tax out the door.

bread's done
Back