Best Buy Online Retailer Price Match

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
This applies to in-store purchases and online purchases for shipping/store pick-up. For online orders you need to call over the phone to get the price match, there is no method to do it otherwise, but it is very painless process. The item does need to be in stock for shipping for Best Buy to price match it as well.

I called my Best Buy about this. They are saying it starts immediately but does not include accessories (not sure what that entails), install services, and geek squad services (including the protection plans). So it seems like it will include video game systems and games (which is awesome!!!) as well as everything else they sell like appliances and stuff.

These are the following sites they will price match:
  • Amazon.com
  • apple.com
  • buy.com
  • circuitcity.com
  • dell.com
  • lowes.com
  • sears.com
  • walmart.com
  • tigerdirect.com
  • target.com
  • staples.com
  • newegg.com
  • officemax.com
  • officedepot.com
  • hp.com
  • homedepot.com
  • hhgreg.com
  • crutchfield.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Question regarding Best Buy's price matching policy?

I remember pre-ordering Prototype 2 (standard edition) for the free steelbook and poster. Within less than a month it was advertised for $20 less. I went to price match the difference and the employee denied me and claimed it was considered "double dipping".

The problem was that the free steelbook would ring up as a $60 value and be deducted upon purchase of the game. So the employee considered this "double dipping" since I was already getting a $60 value item for free and wanting $20 off the original game purchase. I got a manager to look into it and the manager sided with the employee stating the same argument.

Anyone else had similar problems with the new preorder bonus value item causing price matching problem? I see others having no problem price matching other games with bonuses so I ask.

Should I have just come back another day and try with a different set of employees or their phone customer support?

[quote name='paayter']am i the only one that saw this, but LOWES.COM???[/QUOTE]

You do know best buy sells refrigerators, washing machines, dryers, etc. lol

[quote name='9999']Question regarding Best Buy's price matching policy?

I remember pre-ordering Prototype 2 (standard edition) for the free steelbook and poster. Within less than a month it was advertised for $20 less. I went to price match the difference and the employee denied me and claimed it was considered "double dipping".

The problem was that the free steelbook would ring up as a $60 value and be deducted upon purchase of the game. So the employee considered this "double dipping" since I was already getting a $60 value item for free and wanting $20 off the original game purchase. I got a manager to look into it and the manager sided with the employee stating the same argument.

Anyone else had similar problems with the new preorder bonus value item causing price matching problem? I see others having no problem price matching other games with bonuses so I ask.

Should I have just come back another day and try with a different set of employees or their phone customer support?[/QUOTE]

Could you ask your question here please? I'm curious to know since no one discussed the double dipping fact.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330114&page=3

So, I'm supposed to be able to walk into Best Buy and ask them to price match a website without there being anything actually saying that this new policy is real? Not doubting anyone here, but my Best Buy always gives me crap when I ask to price match or price adjust anything. I'd just feel better knowing I could say "yea, you know, the policy that's posted on your website" or something to that effect instead of dealing with the tools that work there.

Man, it took BB a really, really long time to do an obvious improvement that was so obvious that it was obvious. And long overdue.

[quote name='gldoorii']So, I'm supposed to be able to walk into Best Buy and ask them to price match a website without there being anything actually saying that this new policy is real? Not doubting anyone here, but my Best Buy always gives me crap when I ask to price match or price adjust anything. I'd just feel better knowing I could say "yea, you know, the policy that's posted on your website" or something to that effect instead of dealing with the tools that work there.[/QUOTE]

My experience with BB has always been they hate doing PM's no matter what. Even when their policy is in huge letters on the wall behind them stating they should PM something, they will still hassle you and try to dissuade you and do everything in their power NOT to have to work to help you.

That's my experience with BB. That's also why I used to go every week and now I go every six months to use them as a showroom floor for something I'm considering. I may try it out. But the final purchase is coming from Amazon or Newegg. Because getting a PM from them even on something local is such a chore I'd rather just buy it from Amazon whose phone-based CS is actually better than BB's person-to-person CS.

All my own personal experience. It may not be a universal phenomenon.

Picked up Yakuza Dead Souls PS3 for 14.99 after newegg.com pricematch. :) Are there any other good pricematches out there?

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']

My experience with BB has always been they hate doing PM's no matter what. Even when their policy is in huge letters on the wall behind them stating they should PM something, they will still hassle you and try to dissuade you and do everything in their power NOT to have to work to help you.

Because getting a PM from them even on something local is such a chore I'd rather just buy it from Amazon whose phone-based CS is actually better than BB's person-to-person CS.

All my own personal experience. It may not be a universal phenomenon.[/QUOTE]

This to a T. PM at Best Buy is taxing on the mind & soul.

Anyone got a link to the update price match policy? The BB around here wont price match anything unless you show them the specific case their price match policy applies to.

Flame me if its been answered because I can't read 8 pages atm, but does this include newegg's preorder deals? Like $48 for halo 4 for instance?

[quote name='Finch106']Flame me if its been answered because I can't read 8 pages atm, but does this include newegg's preorder deals? Like $48 for halo 4 for instance?[/QUOTE]

You don't need to read 8 pages to know that they won't PM pre-order deals.

[quote name='Finch106']Flame me if its been answered because I can't read 8 pages atm, but does this include newegg's preorder deals? Like $48 for halo 4 for instance?[/QUOTE]

I came to ask this question as well

Had 3 of the best buys around me say they wont be and have not heard of this happening. They said it will be up to the manager and they wont budge on it unless corporate sends them an email. I figured this was going to happen since the 3 managers have given me shit before about comping their own website. Thats why those online retailers will continue getting my business. :)

In order to PM, the item has to be in stock. Preorders aren't an item in stock.

So no. This is the policy, BUT there is/was/ and always will be people that get exceptions to the policy.

You won't get a pre-order price match because Best Buy does their pre-orders differently. How do they price match a $45 pre-order price (for example) when they only take $5 for pre-orders...

Anyway, heard on the radio today that Target is officially going to the same policy of price matching online retailers. Amazon was listed among them, as well as Toys R' Us. Was driving so didn't quite get it all.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']This applies to in-store purchases and online purchases for shipping/store pick-up. For online orders you need to call over the phone to get the price match, there is no method to do it otherwise, but it is very painless process. The item does need to be in stock for shipping for Best Buy to price match it as well.

I called my Best Buy about this. They are saying it starts immediately but does not include accessories (not sure what that entails), install services, and geek squad services (including the protection plans). So it seems like it will include video game systems and games (which is awesome!!!) as well as everything else they sell like appliances and stuff.

These are the following sites they will price match:
  • Amazon.com
  • apple.com
  • buy.com
  • circuitcity.com
  • dell.com
  • lowes.com
  • sears.com
  • walmart.com
  • tigerdirect.com
  • target.com
  • staples.com
  • newegg.com
  • officemax.com
  • officedepot.com
  • hp.com
  • homedepot.com
  • hhgreg.com
  • crutchfield.com
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. :)

FYI Target is getting on the bandwagon as well. From Nov 1 to Dec 16 they will price match amazon.com, bestbuy.com, walmart.com and even target.com (which they don't currently do).

I tried to PM a .com order over the phone to Amazon and the rep told me that they didn't price match online retailers. I explained to them about the new corporate memo detailing that they do now and she responded that she "hadn't heard any new change about the PM policy" so she put me on hold for 10 minutes to check and still denied me changing her story that they "will PM the online deals at the same time the order is made but not retroactively."

WTF BB. Fail.

The new PM policy is officially listed on bestbuy.com.
Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?

Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.
Video games do not qualify for online price match except for hardware like handhelds/consoles. No pricematching allowed during week of black friday.

Called the best buy support number and the person said that they don't price match websites :/ Wanted to get the 10 bucks back on RE6: Archives

So, when does this actually, officially, go into effect?

I ask because I'm not seeing it on the BB.com site, and all of my local stores are saying they're not doing it. I can't seem to find a hard date in any of the news articles to be able to show them.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. It's in the fine print at the bottom. Whoo!

Hnh. Guess it's not covering games... but people have apparently been able to make it work. Here's hoping! Gonna try to grab Tekken Tag 2!

It doesn't specifically state that they don't match games, they simply don't include them in the list of things they do match. Same with movies, it doesn't state they price match movies, yet they had no issues matching the Piranha 3D BD off Amazon for me. So I don't think there's any harm in trying.

[quote name='Kain']It doesn't specifically state that they don't match games, they simply don't include them in the list of things they do match. Same with movies, it doesn't state they price match movies, yet they had no issues matching the Piranha 3D BD off Amazon for me. So I don't think there's any harm in trying.[/QUOTE]

Well, turns out they'd price match the game I wanted. Sadly, I was hoping to use the $20 off coupon from RZ for it as well, but they're counting price matching as "not regular price" (meaning the coupon couldn't be honored). I mean, that makes sense, but it's disappointing.

nice! price matching madness starts now!!! Time to start searching for good finds in the online retailers to grab in Bestbuy! Bestbuy is my #1 B&M for 2012 no doubt!

Here's the official response that will be shortly added to the PM FAQ:

Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers?
No. Unless Best Buy is running a test or promotion under this Guarantee that allows for Price Matching Internet retailers, we do not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores. If, however, a local retail competitor has the same or lower price as its online store and the customer can provide verification of the in-store price, Best Buy will match the price (so long as all other price match policy criteria are met).

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?
Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

bread's done
Back