Best Buy Online Retailer Price Match

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
This applies to in-store purchases and online purchases for shipping/store pick-up. For online orders you need to call over the phone to get the price match, there is no method to do it otherwise, but it is very painless process. The item does need to be in stock for shipping for Best Buy to price match it as well.

I called my Best Buy about this. They are saying it starts immediately but does not include accessories (not sure what that entails), install services, and geek squad services (including the protection plans). So it seems like it will include video game systems and games (which is awesome!!!) as well as everything else they sell like appliances and stuff.

These are the following sites they will price match:
  • Amazon.com
  • apple.com
  • buy.com
  • circuitcity.com
  • dell.com
  • lowes.com
  • sears.com
  • walmart.com
  • tigerdirect.com
  • target.com
  • staples.com
  • newegg.com
  • officemax.com
  • officedepot.com
  • hp.com
  • homedepot.com
  • hhgreg.com
  • crutchfield.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there some place on Best Buy's website that says this? There's one Best buy that has something I want, but the sales associates don't know anything.

[quote name='Poor2More']OMG this new policy is a gold mine for us who are taking advantage of BestBuy $20 GCU with preorder of certain games, and IF your Silver you have 60 days! Calling bestbuy customer service right now, I have 3 games I am price matching right now that are cheaper else where since I bought the,, so about $50 refund+$60 RZ certs I already got, so I only paid $70 for 3 new hot games![/QUOTE]

^ Didn't someone already say that you can only price match these .com orders AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE, and the 30/60 day window doesn't apply?

Truth be told, when it comes to PMing anything, anywhere, whether it be at a physical location, or online, it's all very YMMV! If you're dealing with a rep who is cool, and if you need a manager to do the override (because the price difference is significant) and get one that's cool, then it's all good. Otherwise, you're going to run into problems. That's pretty much how these things go.

[quote name='Fukurou']Is there some place on Best Buy's website that says this? There's one Best buy that has something I want, but the sales associates don't know anything.[/QUOTE]

On their website...no. On other wesbites yes. Give Best Buy customer service a call and see if they can help.

[quote name='theking20']Hmmmmmm awesome, but my best buy sucks lol

I'll try later with yakuza dead souls, it's still $40 there and it's $15 on newegg, let's see if it works[/QUOTE]

Same problem here my local Best Buy are full of assholes with nothing better to do but turn away people who want to price match. Two weeks ago i tried getting the DMC: HD Collection for $15 (newegg.com deal) and of course they wouldn't do it. So fuck em it's free shipping from newegg and everything comes within days.

Don't even support that crap shack best buy. They'll all be amazon warehouses in a few years anyways

[quote name='Brodown']Same problem here my local Best Buy are full of assholes with nothing better to do but turn away people who want to price match. Two weeks ago i tried getting the DMC: HD Collection for $15 (newegg.com deal) and of course they wouldn't do it. So fuck em it's free shipping from newegg and everything comes within days.

Don't even support that crap shack best buy. They'll all be amazon warehouses in a few years anyways[/QUOTE]

Two weeks ago it wasn't policy to match newegg...good just coming across as being overly entitled.

This will be awesome. I just hope they state the new policy on their website or something since the employees at my BB aren't always up to date with things like this.

This is great news, but as others are saying, price matching at BB is so finicky. I wish they had their policiy in big bold letters[B/b] hanging over the customer service desk. You'd be surprised at the disparity in knowledge employees have (at the same store, no less) about their own freaking policy.

This is true, but it is ONLY good on electronics HARDWARE and appliances.

Should not be valid on video games.

[quote name='poker360']This is true, but it is ONLY good on electronics HARDWARE and appliances.

Should not be valid on video games.[/QUOTE]

100% untrue. I got the .com to honor a game price match on two games sold by newegg. I dunno where you got that information from.

[quote name='TheodorusMajorus']Just spoke to someone at my local Best Buy. Said the pricematching started October 7th and will run until December 24th, except for the week of Thanksgiving (no Black Friday/Cyber Monday matching). And I asked about post-purchase PMing to an online retailer, but that is NOT part of the temporary policy. You can only PM at the TIME OF PURCHASE.

Now if this is all true or not... She sounded knowledgeable, but who knows...[/QUOTE]
Too bad they wouldn't go the WalMart route and PM everything INCLUDING the Black Friday/Cyber Monday stuff. That's why I ended up having to go to WM to get Driver San Francisco(they PM'd Gamestops $10 price), which also led me to find a leftover Arkham City/Arkham Asylum GOTY 2 pack for 360 that was coming up $29.99 that day as it came up as the regular AC game.

I'm kicking myself for not playing through Driver San Fran last year when I had it as I picked it up again recently from BB for $15 on clearance and it's a hell of a game once you get past the 'shifting' thing.

Anyway, the reps at my local BB were telling me that they may actually be opening at MIDNIGHT come BF thanks to WM leading that trend last year by opening at that time.

So yay for WM for actually doing something to make being out for BF not be such a pita by having to wait in long ass lines till 4-5am for the stores to open.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']100% untrue. I got the .com to honor a game price match on two games sold by newegg. I dunno where you got that information from.[/QUOTE]

I work there.

In store we are SUPPOSE to only match hardware and appliances.... but more than likely some employees didn't read the fine print on it.

[quote name='ammoun']Will they PM Newegg prices after coupon? I'm sorry but I think it does sound too good to be true.[/QUOTE]

If you bargain your case they might. The coupon is shown right on the product information page usually so it is not really limited in that exact. If it was a coupon you needed to have from an email or from another website I can see them not honoring it. But when the product page flat out says "use this coupon code to save $$" it may be doable.

[quote name='poker360']I work there.[/QUOTE]

So I guess the person who showed me the memo in store and the supervisor I spoke to at .com were both wrong.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']So I guess the person who showed me the memo in store and the supervisor I spoke to at .com were both wrong.[/QUOTE]

Best buy website is different than in store.

There's honestly a good chance people will be able to price match non hardware and appliances, but they aren't suppose to... at least i'm about 95% sure that's what i remember reading.

[quote name='breakfuss']This is great news, but as others are saying, price matching at BB is so finicky. I wish they had their policiy in big bold letters[B/b] hanging over the customer service desk. You'd be surprised at the disparity in knowledge employees have (at the same store, no less) about their own freaking policy.[/QUOTE]
The average consumer isn't going to even use the Price Match policy, they are not going to check multiple retailer's prices each week after they made there purchases. It is in Best Buy's interest to hide that policy as much as possible. Target's Price Match policy is hidden on there corporate website, it is not even shown on there main target.com website.

[quote name='poker360']Best buy website is different than in store.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, the employee at Best Buy showed me the memo he had with the list of websites as well as the limitation/exclusion on accessories and services.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Like I said, the employee at Best Buy showed me the memo he had with the list of websites as well as the limitation/exclusion on accessories and services.[/QUOTE]

I'll check again tomorrow, but i'm still pretty sure it's only on hardware and appliances. I remember reading that same memo you're talking about like a week ago.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yay for Newegg being on the list, ton of stuff there I'd love to get at BB. Boo at no Fry's[/QUOTE]

I understand Fry's not being on the list as its not a true national chain, but at the same time, why is HH Gregg on there then? We just got those in St. Louis but I got the impression it's just a northern chain that seems to take over places that used to be Ultimate Electronics/Circuit City.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Anyway, the reps at my local BB were telling me that they may actually be opening at MIDNIGHT come BF thanks to WM leading that trend last year by opening at that time.

So yay for WM for actually doing something to make being out for BF not be such a pita by having to wait in long ass lines till 4-5am for the stores to open.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop (in non-indoor mall stores) opened nationwide at midnight last year also.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I understand Fry's not being on the list as its not a true national chain, but at the same time, why is HH Gregg on there then? We just got those in St. Louis but I got the impression it's just a northern chain that seems to take over places that used to be Ultimate Electronics/Circuit City.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention I've never seen anything I would construe as a 'deal' at HH Gregg compared to Amazon or even NewEgg. Hell. Their PS3 Dual Shock 3's are $5 ABOVE the MSRP.

This is why I really wish Fry's or Hastings would have tried an expansion into the northeast. We even got shafted when Borders went under, getting replaced by Books-A-Million, which has the same outlandishly high prices for everyfuckinthing like Borders did.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Too bad they wouldn't go the WalMart route [/QUOTE]

It's more a pain in the ass to price match stuff at Wal-Mart than it is Best Buy, in my experience, lol.

*still can't figure out how to quote and reply to multiple people, btw.*

[quote name='breakfuss']It's more a pain in the ass to price match stuff at Wal-Mart than it is Best Buy, in my experience, lol.

*still can't figure out how to quote and reply to multiple people, btw.*[/QUOTE]
I usually just bring up a seperate window for each I want to quote and reply to and then just cut/paste them into one.

But I was surprised at how easy it was to PM at WM last Black Friday. All I had to do was bring with me the ad from GS showing the $10 Driver: SF and it was a done deal.

About the only thing I was shocked by being able to do at BB was that I used my B2G1 on games $39.99 and under on the $29.99 titles they had that included Rage, Need For Speed: The Run and a bunch of others.

Thanks to using that coupon I got three fairly new releases(at the time) for $20 each. I played a lil bit of each, got bored with them and I think I traded them in a week from BF for $5-7 MORE apiece than I had paid.:evil:

[quote name='htz']The average consumer isn't going to even use the Price Match policy, they are not going to check multiple retailer's prices each week after they made there purchases. It is in Best Buy's interest to hide that policy as much as possible. Target's Price Match policy is hidden on there corporate website, it is not even shown on there main target.com website.[/QUOTE]
Their price match policy is within 7 days of purchase. Did you realize you can return/rebuy for 90 days... Yes 90 days. That is how you price match. The return policy is posted all over. My location even had signs when they first started "price match".

[quote name='htz']The average consumer isn't going to even use the Price Match policy, they are not going to check multiple retailer's prices each week after they made there purchases. It is in Best Buy's interest to hide that policy as much as possible. Target's Price Match policy is hidden on there corporate website, it is not even shown on there main target.com website.[/QUOTE]

I suppose you have a point as far what their motives probably are for hiding it, but at the end of the day, it's only the most prudent of customers who would take advantage of the policy anyway. I often feel like a pauper when trying to price match at Best Buy (in addition to all the Gamer sales). There's always an employee "that just doesn't know if I can do that". I was even once told that I couldn't combine store credit and a price match, lol. Putting up a policy would alleviate all this confusion. Even in THIS thread you have an employee giving conflicting information. Doesn't seem smart of them to have so much confusion over their own policies. It's why, up until recently, people loathed shopping there.

[quote name='breakfuss']It's more a pain in the ass to price match stuff at Wal-Mart than it is Best Buy, in my experience, lol.

*still can't figure out how to quote and reply to multiple people, btw.*[/QUOTE]
I also have not had issues with Walmart esp on Black Friday. Though last year, they made me wait til 5:30am to complete all my Price Matches. Best kept secret! Shhh!! Keep it quiet.

[quote name='lordopus99']Their price match policy is within 7 days of purchase. Did you realize you can return/rebuy for 90 days... Yes 90 days. That is how you price match. The return policy is posted all over. My location even had signs when they first started "price match".[/QUOTE]
That's also likely how you can get banned from doing returns for 90 days though, if you keep doing a return/rebuy on items. I know that Target and Best Buy both use that TRE company to track returns now.

This is why I always groan when I want to PM something that I've bought, since they've sometimes fucked it up and processed it as a return.

Not to mention since these chains started doing this I stopped buying stuff I was only kind of sold on that I might return later if I decide I don't want it before opening it. Otherwise I used to ALWAYS move clearance items from one Target further away(like in NY when I was going outta town for work) to my closer stores if they weren't in stock here. Of course, sometimes it wouldn't be clearanced here for another month and I'd miss out on a rebuy if the item dropped cheaper and got bought up before I got back there.:bomb:

[quote name='breakfuss']
You can multi-quote by clicking that green + sign next to the quote button on each post you want to multi-quote. After you select the posts you want to multi-quote click on post reply.
[quote name='lordopus99']Their price match policy is within 7 days of purchase. Did you realize you can return/rebuy for 90 days... Yes 90 days. That is how you price match. The return policy is posted all over. My location even had signs when they first started "price match".[/QUOTE]
Sounds more like a loophole than a real Price Match Policy regarding the 90 days return and rebuy. A return and rebuy will only help if you want the lower price from Target and not from another retailer. Doing too many returns will get you blacklisted by TRE like IATCG said.

I wonder if this PM policy includes computer parts?
I wouldn't mind PM'ing newegg for a comp case since newegg charges a lot to ship to Hawaii and shoprunner doesn't work for heavy items.

It's a nice deal for games though since newegg has been offering some cheap games recently.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Anyway, the reps at my local BB were telling me that they may actually be opening at MIDNIGHT come BF thanks to WM leading that trend last year by opening at that time. [/QUOTE]

They opened at midnight last year.

[quote name='poker360']Best buy website is different than in store.

There's honestly a good chance people will be able to price match non hardware and appliances, but they aren't suppose to... at least i'm about 95% sure that's what i remember reading.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Saix_XIII']So I guess the person who showed me the memo in store and the supervisor I spoke to at .com were both wrong.[/QUOTE]

well here is the memo that i just seen online and copied

As you can imagine, this policy comes with a bunch of small print, and the WSJ’s Joan Solsman took a look through that small print today.

In a document being distributed to the company’s store staff to brief them on the offer Best Buy outline a few caveats to the we’ll-match-that-price offer:

- The offer will not be valid from the Sunday before Thanksgiving until the end of “Cyber Monday” 8 days later

- Sales staff will only offer to match the online price if specifically asked

- It’s only valid for a list of 20 specific online retailers, not all prices online: so places like Amazon AMZN -0.76% or the online outlets of Dell or Wal-Mart WMT +1.07% are included, but not more obscure ones – and not third-party sellers found on platforms like Amazon Marketplace or Ebay EBAY +0.76%.

- And they can choose NOT to do it whenever they want, or so it appears from a broad, catch-all clause in the document seen by the WSJ’s Solsman: sales staff will only match the online price “when it makes sense” — which as you can imagine, can be interpreted liberally enough to mean “if we want to”.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']They opened at midnight last year.[/QUOTE]
You mean Best Buy? Are you sure about that? I ask because I'm pretty sure I went up to WalMart first and that was a bit after midnight and I got in and out in about 35-40 minutes. Then when I went down to BB the line was by the back of the damn building and they weren't letting anyone in as of yet.

Either way, I absolutely hate the crowds on BF. Unless I convinced my one buddy to wait in line with me if there's something I want I doubt I'll go out this year. Especially since the big sale items are only in-store and you have to give up being in a nice warm house to go camp in front of the fuckin' store if you expect to get one.:bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean Best Buy? Are you sure about that? I ask because I'm pretty sure I went up to WalMart first and that was a bit after midnight and I got in and out in about 35-40 minutes. Then when I went down to BB the line was by the back of the damn building and they weren't letting anyone in as of yet.

Either way, I absolutely hate the crowds on BF. Unless I convinced my one buddy to wait in line with me if there's something I want I doubt I'll go out this year. Especially since the big sale items are only in-store and you have to give up being in a nice warm house to go camp in front of the fuckin' store if you expect to get one.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yes, Best Buy and just about every other retailer opened at midnight. Hell, Toys r Us opened at 10 PM.

Nice! Will try to match Resident Evil 6 Limited Edition guide with Amazons price $22.99 compared to Best Buy $36.99.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=10050911
Then I must've completely gotten everything switched around and gone to WM last since a lot of stuff was already picked over by the time I got there. What was funny though was seeing the leftovers from BF sitting on the shelves at the local WM stores for weeks(months) after with the color coded stickers still stuck to the shrinkwrap on them. Some even still came up the BF price, but others went back up to MSRP.

[quote name='DaShaka']Good for Best Buy for stepping their game up. I have more respect for them now. Since amazon charges tax now, I will be purchasing a lot of items in store at best buy soon.[/QUOTE]

I know right! You must live in CA where Amazon started haring taxes last month. That was the one advantage Amazon had that kept me purchasing from them.

Probably already answered but I wonder if I can use the @gamer coupons with this, like will they match the Dead Island GOTY Amazon price of 25 right now and then I can use the $10 coupon to get it for $15...

[quote name='aardarf']Probably already answered but I wonder if I can use the @gamer coupons with this, like will they match the Dead Island GOTY Amazon price of 25 right now and then I can use the $10 coupon to get it for $15...[/QUOTE]

This new policy is nothing special, it just increases the pool from which the match. Overall the policy is the same. Getting a PM and using any coupon EXCEPT Manufacturer Coupons is VERY YMMV and requires a manager override.

[quote name='masterd919']So I'm guessing this doesn't work with pre-orders, right?

Not in stock yet, no dice....[/QUOTE]

In store no, because you can only put $5 down. Online it might work....depends on the employee and how good your verbal skills are.

[quote name='aardarf']Probably already answered but I wonder if I can use the @gamer coupons with this, like will they match the Dead Island GOTY Amazon price of 25 right now and then I can use the $10 coupon to get it for $15...[/QUOTE]

Highly doubt they'll let you do that.

No, you can't do that.

For the billionth time, you cannot pricematch AND use the @Gamer coupons unless you have the most lenient BB employees in the world.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For the billionth time, you cannot pricematch AND use the @Gamer coupons unless you have the most lenient BB employees in the world.[/QUOTE]
i think they should be a faq added in the gamers coupon thread that address this very question. It happens everytime, whenyou got someone who thinks they are the first one to found another loophole,lol

[quote name='KidSqueek']Nice! Will try to match Resident Evil 6 Limited Edition guide with Amazons price $22.99 compared to Best Buy $36.99.[/QUOTE]

Buying strategy games in stores will never be the same.

[quote name='YBX87']i think they should be a faq added in the gamers coupon thread that address this very question. It happens everytime, whenyou got someone who thinks they are the first one to found another loophole,lol[/QUOTE]
A FAQ wouldn't help since it's pretty obvious that most of the ones asking the repeat questions don't read the OP of the threads(or any of the prior posts) anyway by the way they start off with 'sorry if this has been asked before but....'.

That's why so many threads get so bloated, since a good 50% or so of it is repeat questions or people bitching about how the deals aren't good enough.:roll: Again, you only have to see the @Gamer threads for examples of both of these.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']A FAQ wouldn't help since it's pretty obvious that most of the ones asking the repeat questions don't read the OP of the threads(or any of the prior posts) anyway by the way they start off with 'sorry if this has been asked before but....'.

That's why so many threads get so bloated, since a good 50% or so of it is repeat questions or people bitching about how the deals aren't good enough.:roll: Again, you only have to see the @Gamer threads for examples of both of these.[/QUOTE]
i bet you when bestbuy finally closes down, these same ppl will be saying "o, i wish bestbuy was still around, so can still get those $10 deals after coupon discount", LOL

bread's done
Back